Laura Babcock Murder Trial 12.06.17 - Closing Arguments - Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you don't want to consider it because your mind is made up and you are happy in your thoughts, but, could it happen that DM dropped her off and the next car by stopped and offered and she got in. We know she would get in with anybody.
Pretty young blonds bring a high price in Libia and Saudi Arabia.
It happens every day.
Zip Gone. No cel. No bank action. No nothing.
Especially in major ports like Toronto or Vancouver.
What do you think? Is that possible?
Wishful thinking that LB is alive. I really liked Camerons "last footprint" closing. LB was always leaving footprints. LB's last footprint was a cell tower ping where DM's cell phone pinged- a couple months after DM declared her to be a parasite, herpes, someone he was going to hurt and remove from his and CN's lives. A couple days after DM purchased a gun with MS's assistance as the Eliminator was coming across the border topped off with an urgent mattress purchase, a switch of vehicles and a picture of a body rolled up in a tarp at the rear of DM's fathers van. Then MS goes off on his rap star mission and crafts a nifty little rap along with confessing killing and burning a girl to a couple of pot smoking buddies. But not to be outdone, a year later, DM writes his series of "special agent- immediately destroy" letters to CN outlining the alibi story for "the night Laura disappeared"

Could she have been kidnapped? Could she have taken off? Heck, she may even be working for Santa at the North Pole. Of course anything could have happened- but the probability of it happening is greatly dwarfed by the probability that she was murdered by DM and MS; the fact pattern the Crown has presented is clear and logical. Just as Cameron said- there is little doubt that LB is deceased and her death was planned and deliberately executed by DM and MS.

I figure it will only take the jury a couple days to send them both away for another life sentence. MOO

Yep- DM's need to play lawyer may have just come back to bite him. I doubt that TD sent him a thank you card. The ironic part of it is that the witnesses DM called were very weak- IMHO they didn't help his case at all. Cameron has closed with laser focus on the facts- amazing talent. RIP Laura- justice will be done.

Ah... He had to get that guy in the stand to say he saw LB after her disappearance. It was his only hope.

Once you're calling one you may as well call others. Given all the legal arguments during his defense I suspect he wanted to call others but was denied.

Ah... He had to get that guy in the stand to say he saw LB after her disappearance. It was his only hope.

Once you're calling one you may as well call others. Given all the legal arguments during his defense I suspect he wanted to call others but was denied.

Can the courts really deny hearing the defendants witnesses? I thought that only evidence could be argued out, not witnesses themselves?

Several years ago, I was chosen for jury duty. We were all chosen on a Monday morning and the trial started after the lunch break. We were delegated to the jury room while legal arguments were being made for the rest of Monday. Well those arguments went on all day Tues, Wed and Thurs. We had to sit in that jury room all day doing nothing but play cards, board games , read etc. In that time we got to know each other and decided that when we went to deliberation that the first thing we would do is take a vote. Just to see where we were at. We all assumed it would be a split of some percentage. It all ended up being for not as When we finally got to start hearing evidence on Friday morning, something occurred with the 2nd witness on the stand that the court decided "would potentially taint us" and resulted in a mistrial so we were dismissed and a new jury was chosen. So I never got to see out the process to the end. My question is....once the judge finishes his instruction to the jury, assuming the usual bathroom, smoke breaks, etc. and they adjourn to their jury room, if they do the same thing and vote right away to see where they are at and come up with an immediate agreement on charges for both DM and MS. Is there any onus on the jury to re-hash the evidence or can they immediately notify the judge that they have a verdict? Could this lengthy trial end with say just a few minutes in a jury room?

Is there any onus on the jury to re-hash the evidence or can they immediately notify the judge that they have a verdict? Could this lengthy trial end with say just a few minutes in a jury room?

The jury came back after only 10 minutes to convict 14 year old Steven Truscott of murder. There were numerous irregularities`in that trial, (for example, the coroner`s testimony totally contradicted his actual autopsy findings which were not entered into evidence and only emerged later).

The judge will, in his charge, emphasize the importance of the jury`s taking the time to weigh the evidence and discuss it among themselves. They are to reach a verdict as a result of their consultations and discourse, not as spectators casting a vote when the trial ends (though it is likely they will be polled at the start to see where everyone is coming from - it gives them a starting place for discussion.)

Most take their jury responsibility very seriously and are likely to go over the evidence carefully for each accused. I would estimate four or five days of deliberation. This is pretty standard and Justice Code has said it is a complex case, legally speaking.

I know you don't want to consider it because your mind is made up and you are happy in your thoughts, but, could it happen that DM dropped her off and the next car by stopped and offered and she got in. We know she would get in with anybody.
Pretty young blonds bring a high price in Libia and Saudi Arabia.
It happens every day.
Zip Gone. No cel. No bank action. No nothing.
Especially in major ports like Toronto or Vancouver.
What do you think? Is that possible?

Then you need to take a time machine and delete many evidences, and create other ones.

This was tweeted today:

Lisa Hepfner: Millard mentions "the Laura situation" to #Smich, who does not ask for clarification. "No point in going," until incinerator is ready. On July 3, #Smich does not ask why he should not be outside when #Millard is returning to Maple Gate with #LauraBabcock

Does anyone know what the complete text said and the date it was texted to MS? (Re “the Laura situation”)

I have tried searching for the text but had no success.

TIA!

ETA clarity

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interesting to note AM and KS are still friends. To me these people are all intertwined covering for each other. Karma is a b****. ! The fact they are still friends with Elle Ryan is disgusting IMO. Oh and good old Boris I came across too. Lol

Where are you seeing those claims at?

Sorry, I'm catching up. Who are AM and KS?

Hi they both testified AM is DM best friend and KS was supposedly friends with both LB and CN. Personally I can't see how she could call herself a friend of LB
I don't know if we can say their names I will have a look for something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, I'm catching up. Who are AM and KS?
andrew michalski (former DM best friend, witness at trial)
karoline shirinian (former friend of LB and friend of CN, witness at trial)

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Several years ago, I was chosen for jury duty. We were all chosen on a Monday morning and the trial started after the lunch break. We were delegated to the jury room while legal arguments were being made for the rest of Monday. Well those arguments went on all day Tues, Wed and Thurs. We had to sit in that jury room all day doing nothing but play cards, board games , read etc. In that time we got to know each other and decided that when we went to deliberation that the first thing we would do is take a vote. Just to see where we were at. We all assumed it would be a split of some percentage. It all ended up being for not as When we finally got to start hearing evidence on Friday morning, something occurred with the 2nd witness on the stand that the court decided "would potentially taint us" and resulted in a mistrial so we were dismissed and a new jury was chosen. So I never got to see out the process to the end. My question is....once the judge finishes his instruction to the jury, assuming the usual bathroom, smoke breaks, etc. and they adjourn to their jury room, if they do the same thing and vote right away to see where they are at and come up with an immediate agreement on charges for both DM and MS. Is there any onus on the jury to re-hash the evidence or can they immediately notify the judge that they have a verdict? Could this lengthy trial end with say just a few minutes in a jury room?

What goes on in the jury room can never be disclosed outside of the jury room, so, yes, they can vote without any discussion. Heck, they can decide to flip a coin! But, the jury acts as the conscience of the people, so we expect them to take their responsibility seriously and deliberate according to the judge's instructions.

Some people think that the judge's instructions to the jury are unnecessary, and that the jury can weigh the evidence on their own. Because the jury deliberations are private, it can decide to ignore the instructions. This freedom is a built-in protection for society against laws that are unjust.

This post sent me to find the AM tattoo again on IG. I had never seen the flaming skull portion of it on the other side of his arm, but I finally found it and I am stunned. His arm is a memorial. The entire arm. He knows the truth and I think that arm tattoo makes sure he never forgets his brush with evil.

Hey XFP, where can I see this tattoo?

This was tweeted today:

Lisa Hepfner: Millard mentions "the Laura situation" to #Smich, who does not ask for clarification. "No point in going," until incinerator is ready. On July 3, #Smich does not ask why he should not be outside when #Millard is returning to Maple Gate with #LauraBabcock

Does anyone know what the complete text said and the date it was texted to MS? (Re “the Laura situation”)

I have tried searching for the text but had no success.

TIA!

ETA clarity

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Millard texts Smich: "find out then if incinerator is ready for tonight. will link you a ting ting Saturday either way."
Smich texts Millard: “Well there's no point of goin till its ready. And we gotta bring something with bones in it."

This was May 25th, 2012, when the homemade incineration was in the works. I think the crown was drawing the inference that this conversation was referencing "the Laura situation".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissingPersonsMatter