Lee Anthony's CMA reference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the same thing about the Caylee's button. but them maybe it was on his jacket.

Never thought about that. Maybe he had on a suit jacket and took it off. I didn't see the family enter.

My first thought was that he was showing his solidarity with Casey's wishes by demonstrating his unwillingness to be there. After he spoke, I just didn't know what to think - still don't. :confused:

I agree, it was a beautiful and tasteful memorial. My heart really went out to Lee in his discomfort. But I did find his comments odd. I wonder if Casey was listening on her radio in her jail cell.

CNN is reporting that she did NOT listen to it.

I'm listening to Lee's words again. Obviously he's not addressing KC. He says "each day you teach me how life should be lived" etc.

I'm listening to Lee's words again. Obviously he's not addressing KC. He says "each day you teach me how life should be lived" etc.

OMG, that's exactly what I thought when I heard him say that. Heaven knows casey didn't teach that lesson!:eek:

When I heard LA keep using the CMA abbeviation, my first thought was thats odd and then the lightbulb went off and I knew he was really either referring to both Caylee and KC or even just KC alone. After all the personal tributes, it was very out of place to refer to a three year old child as CMA. If it was a direct reference or message for KC, then it just shows he is more committed to his sister than to his niece. IMHO they are really two peas in a pod. I have to wonder if LA tears were for Caylee or KC. It left me with a sick feeling in my stomach while the rest of the service was a wonderful tribute to little Caylee.

I think it was very strange for him to say "CMA" over and over. He didn't say Caylee. Why? I don't get that. Some of the things he said were strange too and make me think he was talking to Casey.

I agree. I thought it was strange. Why wouldn't he say Caylee, not CMA?

I was completely confused by LA's speech. I didn't know whether he was talking to KC or Caylee or both or going back and forth. I think he wanted it that way too. I definately think there was a secret message in there for his sister. JB will show her parts of it. I took away that they still believe KC to be innocent also. Wonder what the promise was that he made and will not forget? I also noticed that there were reference's to "my child" or "our child" in songs, and it said that in the obit CA wrote too. Thats kinda strange as she wasn't CA,GA or LA's child? moo

My parents alway said they had 3 children; but there is me, my brother and my daughter. My daughter is their grandchild.

NOW I call my grandchildren "MY KIDS" too.
I do not think that is code. I think that is a bond.

I think the promise was to be there for her whatever it takes.
That may mean to bring her home, it may also include to save her Mom if that can be done.

No doubt in my mind, Lee was speaking of Caylee. I think he had to use her initials because to say her name would've caused him to completely break down. His sincerity is clear, his allegiance is to Caylee Marie.

I think it was very strange for him to say "CMA" over and over. He didn't say Caylee. Why? I don't get that. Some of the things he said were strange too and make me think he was talking to Casey.

Recovering, the suggestion has been raised that perhaps LA was trying to make KC uncomfortable.. using initials that are hers as well, but so obviously directing them toward Caylee.. "CMA, I'm so proud of you..." He would never say that to KC. When KC sees snippets, I hope it's like a knife turning in her heart.

This had to be directed at KC..He's begging her to come clean..IMHO

For those of us that will never be the same again I ask that you fill your heart with hope & compassion & truth and I ask you to allow your concience to speak for you when your mind can't comprehend the right words to say.

ETA..There were some words missing from the quote above..Found it on another link:

For those of us that will never be the same again I ask that you fill your heart with hope & forgiveness & you allow yourself to cope & heal..Finally, for those of us who have the knowledge & the means to facilitate the answers that my family deserves I ask that you fill your heart with compassion & truth

What follows "truth" is posted above & is accurate.

I agree. I thought it was strange. Why wouldn't he say Caylee, not CMA?

Grief does strange thing to you. Perhaps saying the letters was more precise and a more accurate way of showing his pain of his loss of the special relationship he had with Caylee. Calling her something different is drawing attention to the special connection they had. Also the way he said CMA, CMA over and over it was like taking boulders off his back. Each letter was one big weight after another taken off and set aside to let Caylee rest.

Just my re-interpretation.

I have no idea who Lee was talking about when he said CMA, first I think Caylee, then I think Casey, but my question is WHY did he have to make it ambiguous??? He KNEW there would be speculation about who he was talking about, why didn't he just say CAYLEE, his beautiful niece, why did he have to create more speculation and guessing at the memorial. No matter who he was referring to it was very odd. I don't believe for a second this was his nickname for Caylee, he always referred to her as Caylee before. I think he said CMA on purpose, for a reason, I'm just not sure what it is. He never referred to her being his niece either. :mad:

I believe he used the initials for both Caylee and Casey. He kissed the wrist band--twice. One for Caylee--one for Casey? JMHO.

He did say something about conscience and I couldn't tell if he was referring to Casey or not.

Very sad.

This had to be directed at KC..He's begging her to come clean..IMHO

For those of us that will never be the same again I ask that you fill your heart with hope & compassion & truth and I ask you to allow your concience to speak for you when your mind can't comprehend the right words to say.

I do so agree with you.

I think LA switched back and forth referring to both CMAs. In the past he has demonstrated a complicated communication style and today was no different. I did not doubt for one moment that he was speaking from his heart, grieving for both.

"For those of us that are frightened or angry, or mournful, or that just don't understand - I ask that you fill your heart with patience and grace. And that you allow yourself to yield any judgments that you may already have. For those of us that will never be the same again, I ask that you fill your heart with hope and forgiveness. You allow yourself to cope and heal. Finally, for those of us that have the knowledge and the means to facilitate the answers that my family deserves, I ask that you fill your hearts with compassion and truth, and I ask that you allow your conscience to speak for you when your mind cannot comprehend the right words to say. I sincerely hope that this day allows those affected by it to take from it whatever it is that you need to take, if its closure you seek here today, I certainly hope you're able to find it. Today is the day to remember today is the day to pay tribute. Today is the day for this family to unite and display their solidarity in strength.

I've gotta tell you - this family is united. But this family is incomplete. I'm incomplete. I- I'm broken. CMA, it will never be the same again. CMA. Each day you continue to teach me about life and about the way it SHOULD be lived. Each day you give me the ability to be strong or to be weak. It's been so long since I've been able to see you or to hug you or to tell you how much you mean to me. CMA. I miss you, I love you. CMA. I am so proud of you. I hope you're proud of me too. I need you to know that I will never forget the promise that I made to you. I will never forget."

Update: Corrected version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member