Lies Exposed: discuss the cross exam of Arias

I should make clear for those who didn't fasten on her answers in this interrogation, that she is not talking about the gun here in connection with the Ninjas. That was a wholly different interrogation. Simply, there is no explaining "it" outside of the fact that she slipped & referred to the .25 auto missing from her grandfather's.

When CMJA was showing her injuries from the Ninjas to Det. Flores, she pointed out her ring finger and the baby finger. She said that the cut on the ring finger was deeper. I remember seeing her hand sometime during the trial and it looked like there was tendon damage to the baby finger as well. Her baby finger did not straighten.

Sky Hughes was very emphatic to point out the injuries that CMJA would have suffered if he had attacked her in any way, either as the aggressor or in self defense. Travis was physically fit, strong and knew some moves. The fact that she had only minor injuries as observed in SLC the next day speaks volumes. He clearly did not attack her and it would seem that he was taken by surprise with little opportunity to defend himself and his life.

I know that I'm preaching to the choir with that last paragraph.

Also, she said that Travis went downstairs in his house to get Popsicle sticks to splint the break--what man has Popsicle sticks? From an arts & crafts store? Or from saving them from a frozen treat? Gosh, Jodi--what a stupid lie!

Why do you think Jodi smirks so much during JM's cross examination? Do you think she is unaware that it completely works against her?

It just bugs the crap out of me! Is it a huge ego?

I mean I get why she lied about the finger cuts, it's just stupid. She could have admitted to having cut her fingers while killing Travis and still maintained that he broke her finger in January. Of course, he didn't. And no one would have believed it anyway. But it's one more thing.

And the car rental was also stupid.

"Couldn't keep my lies straight."

Why do you think Jodi smirks so much during JM's cross examination? Do you think she is unaware that it completely works against her?

My take on that was that she lost sight of the bigger picture and made it a personal, one-on-one thing with Juan. Kind of like a contest, if you will. Those smirks were when she thought she won a point, IMO. If she could only see the videos of how this came off, she would realize just how badly she handled the situation, as she did many other times in her sorry life.

My take on that was that she lost sight of the bigger picture and made it a personal, one-on-one thing with Juan. Kind of like a contest, if you will. Those smirks were when she thought she won a point, IMO. If she could only see the videos of how this came off, she would realize just how badly she handled the situation, as she did many other times in her sorry life.

That's my view too, proving once again how out-matched she was.

I listened to some of the cross-exam today and I think that if it weren't for the gravity of the situation (the murder, someone's life) it would be hilarious...just the mental gymnastics that the defendant went thru to avoid answering simple questions. Stunning. The phrase "baffle 'em with bs" comes to mind. Just SMH...I'm in awe of her disingenuousness.

Some of the stuff she lied about is so stupid. The spidey underwear and the finger come to mind. Also , the so called abuse. If that was abuse, then we've all be abused. I think I abuse people in traffic with the things I say.

I am still mystified by the fibers and her insisting there was a rope. I know the DT needs a logical reason to have something to cut so a knife can be up there, and something that sheds fibers to explain those on the floor trapped in blood.

I don't believe for a second the cutting of trim rope and tying up story but there are fibers scattered around. Yet no fibers in the gunshot wound so it wasn't from a pillow used for noise reduction. And he didn't have curtains that had tassled tie-backs, so where did those fibers come from? If she had something to tie around his wrists or feet (to either immobilize him or drag him afterwards) we ought to see evidence in the autopsy report, but there was none reported.

I really need those fibers explained.

I know that this was from forever ago, but you reminded me of something. She says on the stand that Travis was in the bathroom with the rope. She was in the bedroom with the other end of said rope. She claims he cut the rope in the bathroom.

JM hammers her on why Travis would cut the rope at all, but my question was why and how would he cut the rope in the bathroom if they are measuring it to fit on the bed. If Travis is in the bathroom with the rope pulled and Jodi holding it in the bedroom, how can he cut it unless he comes up into the hallway? Additionally, how in the world would he know he cut it right without being in the bedroom, comparing the length to the bed?

I know that this was from forever ago, but you reminded me of something. She says on the stand that Travis was in the bathroom with the rope. She was in the bedroom with the other end of said rope. She claims he cut the rope in the bathroom.

JM hammers her on why Travis would cut the rope at all, but my question was why and how would he cut the rope in the bathroom if they are measuring it to fit on the bed. If Travis is in the bathroom with the rope pulled and Jodi holding it in the bedroom, how can he cut it unless he comes up into the hallway? Additionally, how in the world would he know he cut it right without being in the bedroom, comparing the length to the bed?

The answer is easy. There was no rope. It never happened. jmo

--------------
I think you are right. That bugged me too. She kept trying to one up him and in doing so, got herself in deeper and deeper. She thinks she is so smart, all the while she is showing how dense she is. Her "audience" is fine, sees right through her. I feel she is hiding a biggy~maybe its covered by hippa..:loveyou:

!0 to 20 below tonight..

Her explanation for all that made no sense at all, and logically you're quite right, stretching it down the hallway and into the bathroom would still make the cut rope way too long just to go from one end of the headboard to the other and enough length to tie around each wrist or ankle. And even if it was cut in the bathroom, why no fibers around the bed where the cut rope was supposedly used?

No, no rope, but she does need to hide whatever the fibers came from (and why), there is more than one type of fiber, small ones stuck in the blood and scattered on the tile near the closet and a larger looped one on the stair.

The answer is easy. There was no rope. It never happened. jmo

I suppose I should have been more clear about my reason for my questions. I understand that it's a lie. That's why I was posting in the lies thread. My question was really me expounding upon what a ridiculous lie it was.

Her explanation for all that made no sense at all, and logically you're quite right, stretching it down the hallway and into the bathroom would still make the cut rope way too long just to go from one end of the headboard to the other and enough length to tie around each wrist or ankle. And even if it was cut in the bathroom, why no fibers around the bed where the cut rope was supposedly used?

No, no rope, but she does need to hide whatever the fibers came from (and why), there is more than one type of fiber, small ones stuck in the blood and scattered on the tile near the closet and a larger looped one on the stair.

Yeah, she made a grave, grave mistake in her zeal to make up stories to match the evidence. What I really will never understand is, if she knew she didn't use any rope, why in the world did she feel compelled to make up a lie to cover the fibers? It's as if she has no clue that some things could be in the house that are unrelated to her activities.

Even more nonsensical, she, on the other hand, makes up things that couldn't possibly fit the evidence, like her witnessing Travis with those incriminating child photos. But I guess, she did that because she probably didn't remember all the text and phone communication of that day, or she didn't realize any of it was recoverable. She was stupid not to realize that, but she knew she had to make up something, I guess.

I suppose I should have been more clear about my reason for my questions. I understand that it's a lie. That's why I was posting in the lies thread. My question was really me expounding upon what a ridiculous lie it was.

Sorry wasn't_me. You're right. LOL I was thread hopping and wasn't watching the title thread.

What gets to me is it is one thing to tell one lie, it's another to tell two lies but when someone lies constantly who can believe anything they say. As a juror I'd want to cast out just about all her testimony because there is no credibility other than what we know are the facts. Travis was killed and she did it. Nothing else matters at this point in the trial. jmo

Yup. Made no sense at all.

Except to explain why a knife was handy in the bathroom once the fog rolled in.

Sorry wasn't_me. You're right. LOL I was thread hopping and wasn't watching the title thread.

What gets to me is it is one thing to tell one lie, it's another to tell two lies but when someone lies constantly who can believe anything they say. As a juror I'd want to cast out just about all her testimony because there is no credibility other than what we know are the facts. Travis was killed and she did it. Nothing else matters at this point in the trial. jmo

It's no worries. The hardest part for me in this thing is trying to weed out the lies when we only have her word for so much of what went on with Travis. I almost wouldn't believe her saying she killed him had it not been for all the real evidence--that's how much of a liar she is. I'm in this thing eyeball deep because I just care so much to know Travis' side of things.

Oh, and isn't it apropos that she told ALV, the snow-white storyteller, that she cut her hands while slicing green apples.

Oh, and isn't it apropos that she told ALV, the snow-white storyteller, that she cut her hands while slicing green apples.

No kidding, not only did she tell lies to those who were trying to help her, she told them all different lies (ie many instances of abuse to Karp, only 4 or so to ALV). Did she think none of these people might talk to each other or to her attnys formulating her defense? I think she really is a compulsive liar.

No kidding, not only did she tell lies to those who were trying to help her, she told them all different lies (ie many instances of abuse to Karp, only 4 or so to ALV). Did she think none of these people might talk to each other or to her attnys formulating her defense? I think she really is a compulsive liar.

Agreed; I always thought she was pathological, but the accepted definition includes lying for no rational reason.

I suppose that since she frequently lies to save her hide, that makes her motivations for prevarications too rational for her to fit that definition.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keziah16
Back