link between Johnny G, other Iowa boys, and Jacob W?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, Pablo. Both of the times I've seen the name Sam Soda were in connection with him being a Private Investigator. And now I see they're saying he "watched as Johnny was repeatedly sexually abused". Wow.

Well you probably know how weird this story is. I've seen so much conflicting information (at least seemingly at first) that my head spins.

The Paul Bishop thing is worth a look. There was a George Bishop (I think) that was arrested relatively recently for child-sex related problems. Well Noreen says he used the name Paul Bishop when she met this guy.

Be careful here as I may be mixing things up but I THINK:

Noreen says someone (Paul Bishop) take a 'Noreen Gosch' in to see Paul Bonacci. Well sometime later Noreen found out about it, but she wasn't there. This Bishop guy supposedly took in an imposter. I gather it delayed thier hooking up for some time.

Someone who has thier facts straight: Help me out here!

HoT,
You can check it out yourself, and see if I've got it right.

I'm supposed to be working!
ah heres this:
http://www.apfn.net/Messageboard/03-09-05/discussion.cgi.79.html

You can do a page search for Bishop and it starts to tell about it. She says he says (story of the story) he was with the CIA.

HeartofTexas said:
This is the second time I've seen the name of PI Sam Soda. Doubt it means too much, though.

http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_action=list&p_topdoc=11&d_sources=all
H.o.T. - Sam Soda is mentioned in NG's book - check this out for more info
http://www.johnnygosch.com/images/chap.pdf.

If I have this right, I found it to be a bit confusing and I no longer have the NG book, it was from the library. Sam Soda and Emilio are one in the same. If I'm wrong, please feel free to correct me :) Pic on the left is from JG kidnapper and right is Eugene Martin's. Sam Soda also disappeared not too long after EM disappeared. I'm sure William Thomas or Godzorphin would have the story right.

Gosch_Emilio_Enlarge4.jpg

From - http://www.amw.com/missing_children/video_photos.cfm?id=26170

Godzorphan also had a link with 3 composites JG, EM, and Jacob Wetterling.
http://www.gregoryreid.com/id187.htm
There's more info here, near the bottom of the page -
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39176

I just did a google search for Sam Soda, Iowa, and one shows up complete with his name address and phone number. I also did a search on Zoominfo and he appears there with a reference to being on the Des Moines Planning and Zoning Commission as recently as the early 2000's.

I've no idea if this is the same "Sam Soda", but come on, could there possibly be two of them? Maybe he's a legit PI (or was) or maybe he's a bad guy and was never properly investigated as being a possible perp.

Can someone who knows more about him than I please comment on this??

I just found this... from Noreen's Court transcript.

June 13th of 1984 1 was contacted by a man in Des Moines, Iowa by the name of Sam Soda. He was a private investigator. He told me, and I taped the conversation, he told me that there was going to be a second kidnapping in Des Moines. That it would be the second weekend of August, it would be another paperboy, and that it was already in the works. And I asked him why he was telling me and he said, well, you seem like the type that would do something about it. So I took my tape recording and I went to the Des Moines Police Department. They laughed at me. They wouldn't even listen to my tape. So then I went to the TV stations and I played it for them. As a matter of record. So it was on record. The other person I told was Karen Bums with ABC 20-20, because 20-20 came to Des Moines to do our story. The second weekend in August came and, sure enough, Eugene Martin was kidnapped. From the south side of Des Moines just as the informant had said. That man still walks the streets. The Des Moines police were not all that interested in why he was giving me the information. What they did to me instead was put a gag order on me so I couldn't talk about it at that time. They had forewarning that Eugene Martin was going to be taken and they did nothing. It was a planned kidnapping just as my own son's was.
Unrelated to the Sam Soda part of the above quote, I find the whole thing above to be spooky. She says she played the taped conversation on TV, so it must have really been taped... and then Eugene Martin, another paperboy, disappears, just as Sam Soda said. Totally spooky.

http://www.moonofalabama.org/2006/10/wb_unnatural_hi.html

Insguru said:
I just did a google search for Sam Soda, Iowa, and one shows up complete with his name address and phone number. I also did a search on Zoominfo and he appears there with a reference to being on the Des Moines Planning and Zoning Commission as recently as the early 2000's.

I've no idea if this is the same "Sam Soda", but come on, could there possibly be two of them? Maybe he's a legit PI (or was) or maybe he's a bad guy and was never properly investigated as being a possible perp.

Can someone who knows more about him than I please comment on this??
If you look at NG's website and look under "buy book", you can read one of the chapters. If you scroll to the bottom, you see the original posters they issued that has JG's picture as well as the police sketch of the perp. They then have a pic of Sam Soda. Looks like a dead ringer to me. Very strange. Thoughts??

Just from readng the quote in a recent post which quotes noreens court transcript as noreen says:
"... So then I went to the TV stations and I played it for them. ..."

Note: I added the bolding.

To me it says that she played the tape for the TV stations not played the tapes while on TV. Perhaps those at the TV stations were not convinced or perhaps they felt the tapes did not portray what they were alleged to portray.

And again she says she told someone from 20/20 about the tape not played it on TV.

". . . The other person I told was Karen Bums with ABC 20-20 . . ."

I wonder has anyone found an archived version of one of the shows that actually has her shown actually playing the tape where the contents can be heard?

Was the recording made available on her website for people to listen to?

docwho3 said:
Just from readng the quote in a recent post which quotes noreens court transcript as noreen says:
"... So then I went to the TV stations and I played it for them. ..."

Note: I added the bolding.

To me it says that she played the tape for the TV stations not played the tapes while on TV. Perhaps those at the TV stations were not convinced or perhaps they felt the tapes did not portray what they were alleged to portray.

And again she says she told someone from 20/20 about the tape not played it on TV.

". . . The other person I told was Karen Bums with ABC 20-20 . . ."

I wonder has anyone found an archived version of one of the shows that actually has her shown actually playing the tape where the contents can be heard?

Was the recording made available on her website for people to listen to?
All great questions...I have no idea...someone must know..

I've been thinking about this guy and can't get him out of my head.

Here's what little I know (or think I know, please correct if i'm wrong):

1) Noreen at some point hires him as a PI to do some investigation (i think)

2) According to Noreen, he comes to her and says there will be another abduction at some point, of a newspaper boy in Des Moines. There was, Eugene Martin. She says she went to the police, etc. with this information.

3) Bonaci claims he is involved in the kidnapping. He claims some guy shows up at the hotel the night before with Johnny's picture(s). He later pics out this guy from some sort of a photo line up as being Sam Soda. I think this was an unofficial line up, done by Noreen's or DeCamp's people, so take it as you will.

4) Assuming that the pic of Soda is accurate on Noreen's book chapter (that you can view on her site under, "buy book"), it is a dead ringer for the original police sketch of the possible perp.

5) According to NG's book, where she recounts what they think happened that morning, she cites the few witnesses as seeing a driver as well as another person on foot coming around the block. This adds some credence that it could have been two people involved. Could this second person have been Bonaci?

Forgetting conspercies for a moment, is it possible that Bonaci could have been involved as the second man and that it was Soda that drove the car? I'm just trying to figure out why Soda comes up in this and why his picture resembles the sketch so much. Anybody have any thoughts? At a minimum, shouldn't Soda be checked out just to eliminate him??

One other thought...if we allow ourselves to pretend, just for a moment that some of what Noreen believes, really happened, then if Soda really did say that another abduction would be happening, then wouldn't he be a candidate for both of the abductions?? I mean, how else would he know another one was coming?

Interestingly NG does not necessarily accuse Soda of pulling these things off. I'm not sure why. She kind of leads us to his involvement, but never goes all the way in terms of putting him out there as the perp. Assuming his pic on her chapter is really his pic, and if he did "forcast" the second abduction, I'd be very tempted to name him as the guy, if I was her. Again, police reports would be helpful.

Insguru said:
I've been thinking about this guy and can't get him out of my head.

Here's what little I know (or think I know, please correct if i'm wrong):

1) Noreen at some point hires him as a PI to do some investigation (i think)

2) According to Noreen, he comes to her and says there will be another abduction at some point, of a newspaper boy in Des Moines. There was, Eugene Martin. She says she went to the police, etc. with this information.

3) Bonaci claims he is involved in the kidnapping. He claims some guy shows up at the hotel the night before with Johnny's picture(s). He later pics out this guy from some sort of a photo line up as being Sam Soda. I think this was an unofficial line up, done by Noreen's or DeCamp's people, so take it as you will.

4) Assuming that the pic of Soda is accurate on Noreen's book chapter (that you can view on her site under, "buy book"), it is a dead ringer for the original police sketch of the possible perp.

5) According to NG's book, where she recounts what they think happened that morning, she cites the few witnesses as seeing a driver as well as another person on foot coming around the block. This adds some credence that it could have been two people involved. Could this second person have been Bonaci?

Forgetting conspercies for a moment, is it possible that Bonaci could have been involved as the second man and that it was Soda that drove the car? I'm just trying to figure out why Soda comes up in this and why his picture resembles the sketch so much. Anybody have any thoughts? At a minimum, shouldn't Soda be checked out just to eliminate him??

One other thought...if we allow ourselves to pretend, just for a moment that some of what Noreen believes, really happened, then if Soda really did say that another abduction would be happening, then wouldn't he be a candidate for both of the abductions?? I mean, how else would he know another one was coming?

Interestingly NG does not necessarily accuse Soda of pulling these things off. I'm not sure why. She kind of leads us to his involvement, but never goes all the way in terms of putting him out there as the perp. Assuming his pic on her chapter is really his pic, and if he did "forcast" the second abduction, I'd be very tempted to name him as the guy, if I was her. Again, police reports would be helpful.

does anyone have any information as to wether Soda was investigated by the police and if and why he was cleared?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/downey_william.html

William Verne Downey

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: May 8, 1987 from Seattle, Washington
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: September 24, 1974
Height and Weight: 5'0 - 5'1, 90 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian male. Sandy blond hair, blue eyes. Downey has scars on his left nostril and near his right eye. His upper left front tooth was chipped at a pronounced diagonal angle at the time of his 1987 disappearance. Downey's left ear is pierced. His nickname is Billy. Downey is right-handed. He spoke with a deep, husky voice in 1987. His hair may be longer than in the photos shown. Some agencies spell Downey's middle name "Vern."
Clothing/Jewelry Description: A striped shirt, blue jeans, white sneakers and a gold chain.

Details of Disappearance

Downey left a note for his mother at their family's Seattle, Washington residence on May 8, 1987. The letter stated that he was spending the night at a friend's home. When Downey failed to return to his house the following day, the friend said that he never saw Downey the evening before. Another witness stated that Downey was seen entering a large white car, possibly a 1974 or 1975 Chevrolet Impala, in Seattle later in the day on May 8. He may have remained in the general area after his disappearance. He has never been heard from again.
Downey may have departed from his residence of his own accord,
but the circumstances surrounding his disappearance are unclear. He was a student at Sylvester Middle School at the time that he went missing. His case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
King County Sheriff's Office
206-296-3311

but the circumstances surrounding his disappearance are unclear.??????

What is unclear about a 12 year old that got in a white car and has never been seen again? He's only "12" years old. A little kid.?????????
What is the criteria for classifying a dissapearance?

Why would it not be urgent if a 12 year old is missing?

Just the fact he is only 12 ,should it be endangered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member