Still Missing MA - Ana Walshe, 39, allegedly left home, may have been dismembered, Cohasset, Jan 2023 *husband indicted* #4

DEC 13, 2023
[...]

It's unclear why his lawyer, Tracy Miner, wants to withdraw from the case. A message left with her office Wednesday morning was not immediately returned.

According to the DA's office, once the motion to withdraw is filed, it will be up to the court to decide whether to accept it, and, if so, to then appoint a new public defender.

WCVB reports that Walshe will now be represented by Larry Tipton, but the DA's office said it has not been notified of that yet.

[...]

DEC 13, 2023
[...]

It's unclear why his lawyer, Tracy Miner, wants to withdraw from the case. A message left with her office Wednesday morning was not immediately returned.

According to the DA's office, once the motion to withdraw is filed, it will be up to the court to decide whether to accept it, and, if so, to then appoint a new public defender.

WCVB reports that Walshe will now be represented by Larry Tipton, but the DA's office said it has not been notified of that yet.

[...]

Tipton is a public defender. I guess that means there's no money to pay for private counsel.

BW's mom is pretty wealthy. I wonder if she's refusing to pay for her son's attorney.

DEC 13, 2023
[...]

[...]
I think it may very well come down to Mommy is no longer willing to write checks to the Law Firm of Tracy, and told him to get a public defender. MOO

12/12/23

BOSTON —
A Massachusetts man who is accused of murdering his wife nearly a year ago and dismembering her body is getting a new lawyer.

On Tuesday, attorney Larry Tipton told 5 Investigates that he was asked to defend Brian Walshe, of Cohasset, because he needs a public defender.

DEC 14, 2023
[...]

Walshe was the subject of a brief hearing conducted by Norfolk Superior Court Judge Beverly J. Cannone over Zoom Thursday afternoon. It was the first hearing in the once very active case held in several months.

In the hearing, Cannone found Walshe indigent and approved his attorney Tracy Miner’s motion to withdraw. Attorney Larry Tipton will now take on the role on the taxpayer dime.

It was a quick fall to indigency status. In March of 2022, he and his wife pocketed nearly $1.4 million from the sale of their oceanside home on Cohasset’s Jerusalem Road. That home mysteriously caught fire just days after Ana Walshe went missing on New Year’s Day 2023 — though authorities have said that it’s merely a coincidence and the fire has nothing to do with her disappearance.

[...]

The court set the next hearing date for March 4 at 2 p.m.

Also see:

DEC 15, 2023

DEC 14, 2023
The case has been on hold as prosecution and defense have been waiting on DNA evidence testing. Miner said at a November hearing that they expected to have "everything" by the end of the year.

Asked by the judge for an update on evidence analysis, prosecutor Greg Connor said, "we're kind of at a stand-still as far as DNA."

DEC 14, 2023
[...]

Walshe was the subject of a brief hearing conducted by Norfolk Superior Court Judge Beverly J. Cannone over Zoom Thursday afternoon. It was the first hearing in the once very active case held in several months.

In the hearing, Cannone found Walshe indigent and approved his attorney Tracy Miner’s motion to withdraw. Attorney Larry Tipton will now take on the role on the taxpayer dime.
snipped by me (Niner)

[...]

But according to my notes - I have a hearing on 1/23/24 for that DNA stuff.

But according to my notes - I have a hearing on 1/23/24 for that DNA stuff.
I believe the Jan 2024 hearing was scheduled with his prior attorney TM, and his new public defender may not be up to speed enough to meet as early as January and needs the later hearing date.

Also, if I recall correctly, the latest DNA evidence was something being tested by the defense expert.

I believe the Jan 2024 hearing was scheduled with his prior attorney TM, and his new public defender may not be up to speed enough to meet as early as January and needs the later hearing date.

Also, if I recall correctly, the latest DNA evidence was something being tested by the defense expert.

You are probably right - as usual! :) I shall move him to March hearing then. Thanks!

12/12/23

BOSTON —
A Massachusetts man who is accused of murdering his wife nearly a year ago and dismembering her body is getting a new lawyer.

On Tuesday, attorney Larry Tipton told 5 Investigates that he was asked to defend Brian Walshe, of Cohasset, because he needs a public defender.
Looks like someone has had a haircut. I guess there aren't a lot of styling products in jail.

JAN 2, 2024
[...]

The latest change in the progress of the case was the withdrawal of Walshe's former defense attorney in January. Public defender Larry Tipton was assigned the case.

At the time, attorneys said the case came with nearly 1,000 pages of discovery for Tipton to review and additional DNA testing is expected.

"This is going to be a DNA complex, DNA heavy case," WCVB legal analyst Greg Henning says. "They need to prove that Brian Walshe killed his wife and also prove that she is deceased. So, the fact that there’s DNA in different locations, different quantities, bone fragments, blood residue, all of those things are going to be vetted and fleshed out."

[...]

In November, members of Brian Walshe's family moved to drop a probate case based on accusations that he stole a half-million dollars from his late father's estate. The case was dismissed after his relatives said they didn't want to spend more money pursuing what they may never be able to recover.

Also see:

JAN 6, 2023
Below, watch a YouTube playlist of our news reports on the twists and turns of the case, from when police first reported Ana Walshe was missing to when Brian Walshe appeared in court having been charged with killing his wife.

Walshe case file | Search ongoing for Cohasset woman missing since New Year's Day

JAN 1, 2024
[...]

What’s next in the Walshe case?

The last public search in the Walshe case was in August, when state police were searching again in Peabody from a tip from two residents, but officers found “nothing,” the district attorney’s office said.

When asked for a recent update on the investigation, State Police spokesperson David Procopio gave the statement, “Massachusetts State Police investigative units are working closely with the Norfolk District Attorney’s Office as the criminal proceedings against Brian Walshe move forward.”

“Troopers and prosecutors continue their meticulous preparation with one goal in mind — to secure justice for Ana Walshe,” Procopio said. He added the Forensic Services Division was analyzing various evidentiary items at the crime lab and arranging for testing at an outside lab.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rockymountaingirl
Back