MA MA - Jennifer Fay, 16, Brockton, 14 Nov 1989

Episode 3 of The Case Podcast with Kirk Minihane was posted today 4/19/21. It’s titled Diana (Miller/Natale) Did Jennifer know about the cognitively challenged young woman, Rena Conrad, who was imprisoned and abused at the Natale house. The Natale home was not far from the Fay home. Was she targeted because she had a “big mouth”?

2009 police interview of Kevin Wayne Maler, a POI in the disappearance of Jennifer Lynn Fay (Brockton,MA) and also of the 2019 disappearance of Pamela “Faith” Roach (Walhalla, SC).

Barstool spotlights long-missing Massachusetts woman in new true crime show
More at link
For decades, there have been no answers in the disappearance of Jennifer Lynn Fay of Brockton.

She went missing in November 1989 at age 16 after leaving home for a party in her neighborhood and was never seen again. Fay’s family believes her body’s still somewhere in Brockton and that someone who may have killed the girl was never brought to justice.

The disappearance of the Brockton teenager on the cusp of the 1990s is now getting a fresh reexamination from an unlikely pair of eyes: the former controversial WEEI sports radio host Kirk Minihane.

‎The Case on Apple Podcasts

The latest episode of The Case Podcast has dropped. The Case Podcast Season One: Boston looks into the missing case of Jennifer Lynn Fay and some others who were associated with Kevin “Boston” Maler. Hoping that this will bring some new tips and evidence about what happened to Jennifer Lynn Fay.
It’s mentioned in this episode that Jennifer had been with the 15 year old mother of Kevin Maler’s oldest son when she gave birth in the hospital. Kevin Maler still insists he did not know Jennifer Lynn Fay.

‎The Case on Apple Podcasts
Kevin Maler still insists he did not know Jennifer Lynn Fay.

I have been following this podcast. It's my first introduction to Jennifer's disappearance. Kevin and Diana are real pieces of work. I appreciate Kirk's way of handling the podcast and his willingness to call out the lies and inconsistencies. Death is all around Kevin. It's hard to believe the police haven't prosecuted him for at least one of them.

I have been following this podcast. It's my first introduction to Jennifer's disappearance. Kevin and Diana are real pieces of work. I appreciate Kirk's way of handling the podcast and his willingness to call out the lies and inconsistencies. Death is all around Kevin. It's hard to believe the police haven't prosecuted him for at least one of them.
I agree. It’s hard to believe that Kevin Maler did not know Jennifer Fay when his first (underage) baby mama was Jennifer Fay’s best friend and Jennifer Fay was in the room when she gave birth. Where was Kevin Maler? I feel like Kevin and Diana at the very least have knowledge of what happened to Jennifer Fay.

My mind is blown by the details that have been revealed by The Case Podcast. It’s so hard to believe that this young girl could go missing and the local LE could put so little effort into finding out what happened to her,

If anyone is interested, Kevin Maler has been posting in the Reddit subreddit The Case Podcast Discussion.

If anyone is interested, Kevin Maler has been posting in the Reddit subreddit The Case Podcast Discussion.
I just finished listening to all of the episodes.
Kevin seems to be a bad apple from just listening to the podcast. Not sure how all these people end up missing or dead that he has been in contact with, and he claims he is such a loving person that wouldn't hurt anyone.
I will have to check out Reddit.

Jennifer was supposed to be babysitting her siblings in their Brockton, Massachusetts home on November 14, 1989, but decided to go out with friends. Between 9:30 and 9:45 p.m., she returned to her home to get a sweater and asked her cousin to mind the children while she went to a party on Emerson Avenue.

Jennifer's cousin came over at 10:00 p.m., and Jennifer then left her residence. She was in good spirits at the time. She never returned.

Jennifer initially went to a female friend's house near her own home, but her friend was not at home and the girl's mother refused to let her inside. The mother says Jennifer smelled of liquor and appeared to be slightly drunk. Jennifer left the residence accompanied by an older teenage male friend.

They went to a local convenience store at the end of Jennifer's street, less than a minute's walk from her house. Jennifer went inside the store, but her friend didn't feel well and went home while she was inside. That was the last time anyone ever saw or heard from her.

Jennifer was reported missing the next morning when she had not returned home from the party. The friend who last saw her is not considered a suspect in her disappearance.

Authorities originally thought Jennifer had run away from home. She had run away before, but had never been gone very long and had always stayed in touch with her parents. Jennifer is described as a very social person who was reportedly happy with her life in 1989. Some of her friends were apparently involved with drugs and possibly other illegal activities, and many were not cooperative with police during the initial investigation.

Investigators now believe Jennifer was abducted shortly after her disappearance, probably by someone she knew and trusted. In 2003, there was a tip that Jennifer was murdered and her body placed in the cab of a truck and dumped in a pond just outside of Brockton, minutes from her home. Authorities searched the pond but found no evidence.

Jennifer's case remains unsolved and foul play is suspected.

Jennifer Lynn Fay – The Charley Project

It took three years before police finally assigned a detective to the case.

Detectives have continued to plug away at the case over the years, and they believe they know what happened to Jen, but they lack the evidence to prove it. Private investigators have interviewed nearly 300 people, almost all of them teenagers when Jen went missing. Although none of them have admitted to any actual knowledge of what went on that night, investigators believe that Jen knew the person driving the brown truck seen near the party, and she got into it because she believed she could trust the driver.

They believe this man was responsible for killing her, though they don’t think it was something that was planned ahead of time. There were two brown pickup trucks that belonged to young men in the Brockton neighborhood at that time. One of these pickup trucks went missing shortly after Jen’s disappearance. There is no record of it being sold and it has never been re-registered, despite the fact that it was only three or four years old at the time. Although they have no direct evidence to link this to Jen, detectives believe it may be the key to cracking the case. They hope that someone with knowledge of what took place will finally come forward with the remaining pieces of the puzzle so Jen’s case can be resolved.

Vanished: The Disappearance of Jennifer Lynn Fay

I just finished listening to all of the episodes.
Kevin seems to be a bad apple from just listening to the podcast. Not sure how all these people end up missing or dead that he has been in contact with, and he claims he is such a loving person that wouldn't hurt anyone.
I will have to check out Reddit.

The Reddit forum can be a hot mess at times. There are family members of the missing posting. Kevin Maler and his friends & family are posting. Possibly some Natale family members are posting.

The Reddit forum can be a hot mess at times. There are family members of the missing posting. Kevin Maler and his friends & family are posting. Possibly some Natale family members are posting.

I did check out the Reddit forum on Friday.. wowza... it is a hot mess!

I did check out the Reddit forum on Friday.. wowza... it is a hot mess!

My heart aches for Jennifer Lynn Fay’s family members who are still in pain and grief while she is missing. Due to the Molly Bish Foundation (named after another local girl who went missing), there were funds for private investigators who uncovered helpful info.
If you have time to dig through the Reddit threads, there are some helpful nuggets of info.
Like the brown truck that went missing when Jennifer disappeared and keeps coming up.
The friend who last saw Jennifer talking to a male (or two males) in the brown truck.
Rice’s store.
DN, who was once convicted and served time for enslaving and abusing a young woman with cognitive challenges. She lived on the street and her family knew the Fay family. DN is a still character in this saga, constantly communicating with the Fay family, and it makes one wonder about her knowledge of what happened that night.

Do you know if they are planning to continue following this on season 2 or are they planning to cover a different case?
My understanding is that they will cover different cases in upcoming seasons. However, they left the door open to the possibility of an additional update episode at some point in the future.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back