MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been on the fence wether she did it or not. The broken bar glass near his body made me think, there's no way they thought of placing that with him.
And, everyone is saying they didn't find broken tail light on the lawn from the blower, but they wouldn't find it there. If he did get hit, it would be in the street, not where his body was found. He maybe was hit in the street then crawled to the lawn area?
If JO is hit on the street, why does the glass follow him up onto the grass? Wouldn't he drop it at the point of impact and the glass would remain in the same general vicinity as the taillight fragments?

I don't mean to suggest that the presence of the glass by his body automatically means it's a conspiracy. Although I find it unlikely, I suppose it's possible that he held onto the stem as he struggled to crawl forward after the collision. But it's puzzling no doubt.

Edit - I wonder what part of the glass was by JO's body? Was it the stem, the bowl, just a small shard? It's kind of interesting that they talked about the glass today but we didn't see any pictures, like we did with the blood.

Last edited:
If JO is hit on the street, why does the glass follow him up onto the grass? Wouldn't he drop it at the point of impact and the glass would remain in the same general vicinity as the taillight fragments?

I don't mean to suggest that the presence of the glass by his body automatically means it's a conspiracy. Although I find it unlikely, I suppose it's possible that he held onto the stem as he struggled to crawl forward after the collision. But it's puzzling no doubt.

Edit - I wonder what part of the glass was by JO's body? Was it the stem, the bowl, just a small shard? It's kind of interesting that they talked about the glass today but we didn't see any pictures, like we did with the blood.

I pictured the cocktail glass as a tumbler without a stem.
"A reliable finding, absent wind interference or tampering of the site, is that impact debris will come to a rest forward of the initial impact."

I've always understood a cocktail glass to mean something like this:
1715045214613.png

But maybe they are referring to a different glass shape. I wonder if there's a another meaning that's understood by the locals.

My understanding it was a cocktail glass, not a wine glass, no stem. Apparently there was a picture with some of the broken glass near him with the bloid in the snow...although I couldn't make it out.

As far as the jury goes, so far IMO, they have seen nothing from the state that PROVES that KR killed JOK. They have stories....seriously questionable and doubtful stories.

It's as if the jury might be in this..." Cool story, bruh" mindset.
They ( we ) are waiting for the proof.
Agree. So far all that has been established without doubt to me is that John O’Keefe was found outside in the snow in a blizzard with serious injuries.

The glass underneath him (allegedly) has undoubtedly been one of the primary sticking points for me, particularly if found underneath with his phone also and if forensic testing of the phone does indicate no movement from the time of drop off at the house on. Awaiting that phone evidence.

That said, given the level of non-investigation of more than one scenario, who can say the only two possible scenarios are hit by vehicle outside or beaten to death inside. Could he not have been attacked physically outside?

The police can lie to a suspect during questioning, I guess they can lie to the media? But they would only use that ruse to capture a suspect, right?
Instead they tainted the jury pool by publishing false information? Wtf?

The glass underneath him (allegedly) has undoubtedly been one of the primary sticking points for me, particularly if found underneath with his phone also and if forensic testing of the phone does indicate no movement from the time of drop off at the house on. Awaiting that phone evidence.

That said, given the level of non-investigation of more than one scenario, who can say the only two possible scenarios are hit by vehicle outside or beaten to death inside. Could he not have been attacked physically outside?
I feel the event happened outside. Now to know about how the wounds on his arms occurred if he was wearing outerwear, which he was. Have to know about the condition of his jacket or hoodie of course. It's said the phone showed movement/stairs... but that is not 100 percent if that occurred. Did someone else pick up his phone and walk in the house with it to check what's on it and then put it back out by him. SO many critical details and lousy people abound there, of course and worst is no LE went into that house to check out the people in there with crime scene/ J.O's body right there outside. LE that had professional impartiality. They all seem hugely hiding even he simplest information on purpose. KR actions as well. I don't see any of them 'cracking' at all. Just like the Sandra Crispo case, family, not a crack amongst them. Yes, people do go in hard 'self preservation' mode very easily and get away with it if the 'party house' and Proctor have this crime to hide and set up another.

The police can lie to a suspect during questioning, I guess they can lie to the media? But they would only use that ruse to capture a suspect, right?
Instead they tainted the jury pool by publishing false information? Wtf?
And worse, tainted every witness. The delay in interviewing many on-site witnesses seems to have created a single narrative of what KR said that early morning. The witnesses felt confident in their conclusion that KR must have admitted to the crime because they heard on television that there was video of her hitting JO.

It will be interesting to see the reaction of the jury when they find out that the chief of police in Canton actually contacted a news reporter asking him to remove the name of the Alberts from a news tweet that was sent out. Combined with the supposed mistakes of misidentifying the address of the house, the official reports that lacked the last name of some members of the Albert family, and the fact that one Albert attendee inside the house was left off the report entirely will be jarring,. I think, to the jury. To many attempts to cover for the family inside that home on whose front lawn JO was found dead.

I didn't say, I'd "clearly be fine with it." I said, "depends."

What you've done is take something I've said and made it into something you want it to be. I feel like that's what a decent amount of the "conspiracy" crowd is doing with the facts of this case.

Is the point to get true justice for O'Keefe or is this a sport where people root for laundry?
I feel like the “Karen is guilty, lock her up” crowd is ignoring the facts in this case… so much so I’m starting to think it’s more important for that crowd that KR is found guilty over the family getting justice for JO.

I have no problem with defense pointing out shoddy investigation but when you nitpick a witness to death it makes you look bad. People were laughing at the defense atty. Pick a few key points/issues with each witness and move on. Otherwise you lose all the punch. This is just bad lawyering. Aside from the ridiculous conspiracy theory. JMO
These are superb lessons in lawyering.
By the defense. Chipping away at CW’s case and uncovering the rotten core.
That PD should be embarrassed. No wonder FBI is investigating this incestuous quid pro quo culture.

These are superb lessons in lawyering.
By the defense. Chipping away at CW’s case and uncovering the rotten core.
That PD should be embarrassed. No wonder FBI is investigating this incestuous quid pro quo culture.
The greatest achievement of the defense is that it has already outwitted the commonwealth in regards to the prosecution’s “big reveal” that was to be the highlight of the case. The reveal was to show that John O’Keefe‘s blood was found on the back of the Lexus. However, when that reveal is finally made, the jury will already have been poisoned by the fact they were shown photos of cups of bloody snow right near the Lexus in an insecure area. The reveal will be a win for the defense.

The greatest achievement of the defense is that it has already outwitted the commonwealth in regards to the prosecution’s “big reveal” that was to be the highlight of the case. The reveal was to show that John O’Keefe‘s blood was found on the back of the Lexus. However, when that reveal is finally made, the jury will already have been poisoned by the fact they were shown photos of cups of bloody snow right near the Lexus in an insecure area. The reveal will be a win for the defense.
Seems more appropriate to say the jury will already have been informed that cups of bloody snow were right next to the vehicle as opposed to saying the jury has been poisoned by this info. It’s a neutral fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000