MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023

Jackson objects. Jackson says jury needs context of how evidence is brought to light. He says feds are neutral 3rd party and no other way to "truthfully" present to jury.

Lally now arguing to keep the internal affairs investigation of Trooper Proctor and lawsuit against a Canton Police Sgt out of the trial. Judge takes it under advisement

@TedDanielnews

Yannetti back to 3rd party defense. Says his expert and independent FBI expert determined O'Keefe's injuries not consistent with car strike and says he has "evidence" that 3 others killed O'Keefe.

Yannetti telling Judge ATF agent Brian Higgins texted to JO at 12:21 am. Yannetti says Higgins was "coaxing" JO to 34 Fairview. He says Brian Higgins and Brian Albert were in the basement of the home.

@TedDanielnews

@TedDanielnews

Breaking: Defense attorney Yannetti tells Judge 42 minutes of surveillance video from the Canton Police Department garage went missing after Read's Lexus was towed there and it was after several members of law enforcement "had access" to the vehicle . That is a brand new statement

11:32 AM · Apr 12, 2024

Yannetti also talking about a history of bad blood between members of Albert family and JO in his effort to use 3rd party culpability defense at trial.

Prosecutor Lally says the garage camera is "motion activated" to explain what Yannetti says is 42 minutes of missing video. he says police dash cams show damage on Read's car prior to garage entry

Yannetti says Lexus was not picked by camera when it pulled in to garage. He says if it's motion activated it should have picked that up.

Break until 2pm

@TedDanielnews

Judge asking Read's defense team if they are pursuing a 3rd party culprit defense because she says defense hasn't filed a motion to admit 3rd party evidence. David Yannetti says yes and he will file paper on it if needed.

Defense now arguing their request to exclude the results of a DNA test of a hair prosecution says was found on Read's Lexus. Defense says they have received no lab reports on it.

Prosecutor Lally says he doesn't plan to introduce hair evidence in the first week or "month" of the trial and he says defense should have time to prepare if its admitted

Defense agrees to have a view at 34 Fairview Rd in Canton, where John O'Keefe was found dead in Jan, 2022

Defense atty Little requesting Judge block prosecution from talking about a verbal argument Karen Read got in to Aruba in 2021, where she told a women who hugged O'Keefe to F-off, according to witnesses who testified at the state grand jury

Prosecutor Lally says the Aruba argument goes to motive and he says O'Keefe tried to break up with Read after it. He says Read texted Higgins about it.

Prosecutor Lally said the Aruba argument continued until the murder of John O’Keefe

Defense now arguing to keep Read's Blood alcohol content out of the trial and their analysis of what Read's BAC would have been hours before she was tested."Defendant 's Motion in limine to Exclude Serum/Plasma Ethanol Concentration, Blood Ethanol Concentration Conversion, and Corresponding Retrograde Extrapolation Analysis with Certificate of Service”

Prosecution now arguing to keep manner of death on death certificate out of the trial. JO's says it could not be determined.

Prosecutor Lally now asking to run criminal background checks or CORI's on seated jurors. Defense objecting saying criminal history is self reported on the jury questionnaire.

Judge allows motion to CORI seated jurors

Judge Cannone is ruling on some items but taking most under advisement meaning she'll rule later - as soon as later today.

Prosecution wants to admit body cam video of Read's arrest. Defense objects - saying image of Read in handcuffs at police station is prejudicial. Judge wants to see video this afternoon

Judge now hearing this:-Commonwealth 's Motion in limine to Preclude Reference to any Alleged "Bad Character" and any Prior "Misconduct" of the Victim or any Witness

Prosecutor Lally now arguing to keep any direct reference of the federal investigation out of trial. He says it would be unfair

Jackson objects. Jackson says jury needs context of how evidence is brought to light. He says feds are neutral 3rd party and no other way to "truthfully" present to jury.

Lally now arguing to keep the internal affairs investigation of Trooper Proctor and lawsuit against a Canton Police Sgt out of the trial. Judge takes it under advisement

Yannetti back to 3rd party defense. Says his expert and independent FBI expert determined O'Keefe's injuries not consistent with car strike and says he has "evidence" that 3 others killed O’Keefe.

Yannetti telling Judge ATF agent Brian Higgins texted to JO at 12:21 am. Yannetti says Higgins was "coaxing" JO to 34 Fairview. He says Brian Higgins and Brian Albert were in the basement of the home.

Breaking: Defense attorney Yannetti tells Judge 42 minutes of surveillance video from the Canton Police Department garage went missing after Read's Lexus was towed there and it was after several members of law enforcement "had access" to the vehicle . That is a brand new statement

Yannetti also talking about a history of bad blood between members of Albert family and JO in his effort to use 3rd party culpability defense at trial.

Prosecutor Lally says the garage camera is "motion activated" to explain what Yannetti says is 42 minutes of missing video. he says police dash cams show damage on Read's car prior to garage entry

Yannetti says Lexus was not picked by camera when it pulled in to garage. He says if it's motion activated it should have picked that up.

Break until 2pm

11:48 AM · Apr 12, 2024

@TedDanielnews

44 year old Karen Read, charged with second degree murder in the death of her boyfriend, a Boston police officer, leaves Norfolk Superior Court during a midday break. A judge is set to rule on pretrial motions at 2. Jury selection begins next week.

The defense claims corrupt cops covered up their culpability and framed Read, who had damage to her Lexus after hitting John O’Keefe outside a home in Jan 2022, according to Norfolk County Prosecutors. Tead is seeking to blame the crime on a third party or parties.

Judge will rule on that. And whether police body cam footage showing Read’s arrest can be admitted.

LIVE HEARING: Boyfriend Cop Murder Trial – MA v. Karen Read (Part 2)

The woman accused of killing her Boston cop boyfriend has her final pre-trial hearing Friday morning. Karen Read is expected to head to trial next week for the murder of John O’Keefe. Investigators believe Read backed her car into O’Keefe and left him to die in the snow back in January of 2022 — but Read claims she’s innocent, saying another Boston police officer killed him after a night of drinking. Read pleaded not guilty to second-degree murder.

My phone was still on silent when I woke the morning of January 30, 2022, to four missed calls and a text from a friend that read, “Call me when you get up. I think something happened to John.” I dialed her number. “John who?” I asked as soon as she answered. “Your John. John O’Keefe,” she said, explaining that she had seen a tribute to John on Facebook that indicated he had passed away.

While technically my ex-boyfriend, John was so much more than that. We met in 2001 and had a big love that evolved into a friendship spanning more than 20 years. We had seen each other through some hard times. We had a special connection.

4/12/2024, 10:30 a.m.

My opinion only, most likely, it's not a popular opinion; however, she is a happy defendant. I'm guessing its all the support she is receiving. Curious if her demeanor changes come trial.

No jury yet, so no reason not to smile at supporters. I'm sure she'll be counseled to look sad and maybe a little tired during the trial. Also, her supporters won't be allowed near the courtroom.

A long article in the NYPost about the upcoming trial:

I don't think this has ever been reported before:

Several sources familiar with the investigation claimed to The Post that the FBI has interviewed all people in attendance at the house the night of the incident, and at least one witness reportedly said O’Keefe had been there — information that, if true, would throw the prosecution’s case into disarray. The Post was unable to verify those claims.

Several sources familiar with the investigation claimed to The Post that the FBI has interviewed all people in attendance at the house the night of the incident, and at least one witness reportedly said O’Keefe had been there — information that, if true, would throw the prosecution’s case into disarray. The Post was unable to verify those claims.
The post isn't known for being a reliable source of information and they couldn't verify.
If the state knows someone will testify that John made it inside the Albert home, it would be wildly stupid for them to continue with the trial.

I don't know yet what happened in this case - if she got mad and hit him, if she hit him by accident, or if she didn't hit him at all and this is all a cover up - but I can say that it seems that most people in the house were so drunk that it would not surprise me if some of the witnesses gave inaccurate information about that night.

I don't know yet what happened in this case - if she got mad and hit him, if she hit him by accident, or if she didn't hit him at all and this is all a cover up - but I can say that it seems that most people in the house were so drunk that it would not surprise me if some of the witnesses gave inaccurate information about that night.
Arguably if she hit him and drove off, no one in the house would have any information worth telling. With the possible exception of the McCabes who both told a few different stories about seeing Read's car outside the house. Looking forward to their testimony.

Bottom line is he needed to have completely broken off with her before this awful event for him as planned. Time ran out which placed him with her that night and then there at her friends. He was a good guy with good intentions in his life. Sometimes you are still involved with someone that is not good for you but don't cut it off when you should or plan to. Her behavior prev. that night is public too, as are his niece and nephew's input on her who he 'adopted' and lived with him.

I’ve been following this case since May of last year, when I randomly watched one of the preliminary hearings. I was intrigued by the those lacerations on JO’s arm which to me didn’t look like the usual wounds that you’d get from being hit by an automobile, although I’m certainly no expert.

Now that the trial is finally upon us, I’m hoping the expert testimony will finally provide an explanation of what could have caused those marks as well as JO’s other injuries.

Other big questions I hope we get answers to:
  • When did the infamous google search take place?
  • What does JO’s phone say about his movements just prior to his death?
  • What incriminating statements did KR make?
  • Why did the feds investigate and did they uncover any conflicts and/or improper conduct by the police?
  • When were the taillight shards collected and was the evidence handled appropriately?
  • Are the claims by the snowplow driver about what he saw that night reliable?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaleyilene01
Back