MA MA - Vicke Lamberton, 24, Worcester, 12 Feb 1974

could it be possible that her sister in law doesn't want us to look into this case? The way she kind of well said no it was this, period sounds to me like she wants us to leave it alone. Almost desperately. Just a question. Did she and her brother fight a lot? Did the sister in law fight with her a lot? :confused:

It looks like Bob has not logged on since April of '07.

Does anyone know what field Barker had his PhD in? There is a Dr. Barker in TX who is involved with textiles. He looks to be about the right age.

That's a long time. I wonder why. Does anyone know if something has been found out about this case? Any news?

This might just be a coincidence, but I found a Louann Barker in Loveland, CO. born March 1944.

I also found a Vicki Lockwood in Parker, CO, but her birth year is 1955.

If she was a Psych major who wanted to go to grad school, is it at all possible that Dr. Barker was legitimately helping her start a new life, and perhaps she went to grad school in CO? Has this avenue been checked?

I think it would be really interesting to interview Dr. Barkers ex-wife....

I did a lot of research on this case because I live in the area and gave what I had to Bob. I did find a current address for Roger Barker and Bob has the info. Strangely, though, Bob seemed to become suspicious of me because he asked if I knew his sister or Barker (which I didn't). I thought he could give the address to the Worcester Police dept in case they wanted to contact him to further investigate.

Last time I spoke with Bob he told me he was shy and didn't seem to want anymore communication with me.

I just hope he gave to police all the leads I gave him so he can get some answers.

There are many reasons that Barker could have said that he "vaguely remembers" her and is lying - he doesn't want to become a big ol' suspect (with the appropriate news coverage that could endanger his position and community standing), he doesn't want his private life in the newspapers, he DID help her run and doesn't want to help track her down, etc. You can see what happens when a guy admits having an extramarital affair by opening up the newspapers, imagine what it would have been like in 1974.

If she went to start a new life, it was easy to get a new SS number and identity back then, especially at her age.

Has anyone seriously looked into her ex? She spoke to him on the night she was supposed to go to Colorado; it doesn't sound like there is any confirmation that she ever left for Colorado, and her ex definitely had motive. He was one of the last people to see her alive.

For that matter, Barker's wife had strong motive. She would have seen Vickie has a "homewrecker" and responsible for their marital problems. Heck, Barker's wife left him in Colorado even though he had pneumonia! Maybe there was a reason for that.

Both were in Massachusetts at the time of Vickie's disappearance, her last sighting. Both would have seen her as "ruining" their marriages. Both, IMHO, had strong motive for murdering her.

I don't see Barker as having a strong motive for killing her, he and his wife were already on the verge of divorcing (they separated the following year, and his wife left him ill in Colorado, something I'd never do with my spouse, and I'd wager most of us would not leave behind a spouse with a serious illness.)

Typically, in cases like these - if the husband has no intention of leaving his wife, he may kill the girlfriend. If he does want to leave his wife, he may kill his wife. Barker fits into the latter category; I don't see any motivation for him wanting to kill Vickie.

Barker was alive at this time. He was never questioned by the police though.

I did extensive research on this case. I contacted the airport (Worcester and Colorado) and the Worcester Bus Companies to see if they had any records from 1974...no luck. I did locate Roger Barker and his daughter. Don't know where the ex-wife is.
Do you find it strange that Bob did not report his sister missing until 20 years later (1995)? It's also weird that Bob doesn't post anymore.

Does anyone find it strange that Bob didn't report his sister missing until 1995, 20 years later? Or that he hasn't posted anything on her? I suggested he contact the Worcester cold case unit again since he has gotten a lot of new information. It seems to me with the knowledge of Barker's whereabouts that the police would investigate.

Bob said he was living with his sister and her then husband (Lamberton) before Vicke left her husband. I think if he was living with her he would have worried more about her whereabouts.

Yay! I just saw that the Worcester Police dept. is working on Vicke's case now and instead of contacting Bob Lockwood, a Brent Lockwood is the contact person on The Doe Network.

but Bob Lockwood died in late 2009. November or December I believe, which would be why that contact person had changed.

Thanks ladymacbeth,

I didn't no since I saw no info on this post about it. I'm glad Brent is taking over for Bob and it's nice to see the police are finally doing something about this cold case.

Bumping. Any new info on the investigation, Roger Barker, etc.?

It'd be great to find the confidant mentioned in the article: Ann Larson, Ann Lawson or Ann Carson. Presumably she'd be relatively the same age as Vickie, which would be about 62 now.

Unresolved Homicide Unit Detective Daniel F. Sullivan is currently pursuing a resolution. He actually filed the missing person's report himself in 2010.

“The family, not sure if she just fell off the face of the earth, or something bad happened to her, made some inquiries of some local friends and some of her co-workers, and they were led to believe that she went on a ski trip,” Detective Sullivan said.

Mrs. Lamberton supposedly told a friend the trip was with an Assumption College professor.

That professor, who is still alive, had no recollection of going to Colorado with her, the detective said.

But family and Mr. Lamberton said the professor had Mrs. Lamberton's possessions in his garage.

http://www.telegram.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120716/NEWS/107169901&Nocache=1

Detective Sullivan is looking for any friends that Vicky had from Assumption College around the time of her disappearance. They have the name of a possible confidant-her name is Ann Lawson, Ann Larson or Ann Carson.

Anyone with information on this case may send an anonymous text to 274637 beginning with TIPWPD, or submit an anonymous message online via www.worcesterma.gov/police, or call the Worcester Police Department Detective Bureau at (508) 799-8651.Missing person and unresolved homicide cases in Worcester can be viewed at: www.worcesterma.gov/police/investigative/unresolved-incidents.

The new article also mentions that Mr Lockwood died three years ago-RIP sir. I am quite certain you know what happened to Vicky now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back