Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely Carpe!!

That has bugged me from the get go when I sent the McCanns an email begging them to just tell the truth.

Also, the post about the PJ suggesting that this might not be the best time to think about leaving Portugal...why would they insist (or suggest) they stay? The rest of the Tapas9 were allowed to leave and it has been reported that they could be called back at any time. Why not allow the McCanns the same freedom with the same set of stipulations?

:waitasec:
I imagine it is the begining of separting them. The pact is only as strong as its weakest line

The powerpoint from ROB appears to be a lecture or presentation he had put together for a medical school or some similar audience on the use and misuse of opiates. What if this happened? The McCann's were concerned about the previous complaints from neighbors to management about the kids crying. ROB offered to give Madeleine something to help her sleep, so the McCann's and ROB went to dinner before the main meal at the Tapas bar, and ROB provided medication for Madeleine into the food. The only thing that doesn't fit here, is WHEN did the McCann's know that Madeleine had died under this scenario? I can't see the McCann's going to dinner as if nothing had happened while ROB hid the body! I can see them going to dinner, and ROB returning to check on Madeleine, and finding her dead. Perhaps Kate and Gerry really didn't know Madeleine had died until latter; at which point, it would have been awkward to tell the truth. This would also explain the vomiting of ROB's child.....maybe she also received a dose that was too strong, and was vomiting, but was given an opiate antagonist to counteract the drug. Under this scenario, it would create a fairly tight bond for the McCann's and Russell O'Brien to cover for each other. Even though I can see it happening, it still seems far fetched - agreed? All of this of course, is my sad, fact-deprived mind grasping at straws.

I still don't "feel" that ROB is involved other than perhaps supplying the possible sedative. I think the reason he was away from the table for so long was because his own daughter was sick. Remember, KM was also trained in anesthesiology...

I think ROB is patsy #2....

It's OK Reannan, I appreciate your "sad, fact deprived mind grasping at straws" ;) :D

I still don't "feel" that ROB is involved other than perhaps supplying the possible sedative. I think the reason he was away from the table for so long was because his own daughter was sick. Remember, KM was also trained in anesthesiology...

I think ROB is patsy #2....

It's OK Reannan, I appreciate your "sad, fact deprived mind grasping at straws" ;) :D
What about the different stories about the dirty sheets? Staff claims no calls went out for more sheets while he claims he had to change them due to her vomiting?

What about the different stories about the dirty sheets? Staff claims no calls went out for more sheets while he claims he had to change them due to her vomiting?
Interesting question.

I'd like to know if HE changed clothes and this vomiting was an excuse for him having to do so.

Remember the link I provided on the apartment? It stated there that sheets were not provided (but extras were provided for an emergency) and you should bring your own....

I'd like to know if HE changed clothes and this vomiting was an excuse for him having to do so.

Do we have a good source for the "changing clothes"? I don't remember where that was reported...

Dirty sheets query:

Resorts I have stayed at with holiday suites like the ones shown on the MW site, had compact washer and dryers in them. Like in Hawaii, I had maid service, but my daughter dropped juice on the bed, so I washed the sheets myself in the little washer and dryer. Not that I am defending these people, I am just putting forth a probablity as to why no service was needed for the sheets to be changed, if his daughter really threw up.

Just looked... MW Resorts do say that the apartments DO have washing machines...

But we don't know what exactly happened,because O'Brien won't give any details. We don't know why he thought it was all right to leave a sick child, or if he mentioned that to anyone else at the table who could verify what he said.

Although I tend to go with the O'Brien as Patsy #1 story.

I don't understand why people are all over this 'Pact of Silence'. My understanding was that witnesses are not permitted to discuss the case? Wouldn't that amount to the same thing?

I don't know, I don't remember it being reported at all. That's why I was asking.

Whoops, sorry. I did think I read somewhere that he changed clothes but I don't remember where and can't find anything on that. I will keep my eyes open and let you know if I find anything.

:eek:

I am back to reseraching the capabilities of these cadaver dogs. Here is an interesting article about some attempts that are being made to create a device that can be used in place of the dogs:

http://tinyurl.com/2mxr7s

A snipet from the article is here:

"At the University of Tennessee Anthropological Research Facility (dubbed the Body Farm), Vass and his colleagues found that donated dead bodies lying on the surface or buried in shallow graves emitted more than 400 different volatile compounds. The researchers are honing in on groups of chemicals that are consistently emitted for each stage of decomposition: fresh, bloated, decayed, and skeletonized." ......

"If the chemicals that attract cadaver dogs can be identified, then one type of detector that ORNL researchers could build would use polymers that react with specific chemical vapors wafting by. A reaction changes each polymer's electrical conductivity enough to produce an electronic signal. Thus, a specific group of signals from the electronic nose could alert law enforcement that a shallow grave is nearby."

I don't know, I don't remember it being reported at all. That's why I was asking.

It wasn't reported, but I think it was among the questions asked several threads back- whether someone changed clothes, smelled of bleach, etc. when we were discussing the blood traces on the walls.

This article makes it sound like the cadaver dogs are very accurate IF they are trained correctly. The British dogs which were brought over and have been used are some of the best in the world.

http://www.crime-scene-investigator.net/cadaverdogs.html

"To fully appreciate the HRD (human remains detection) teams, it is necessary to learn as much as possible regarding the circumstances surrounding investigations in which they are asked to participate. Bodies buried, disarticulated bodies, bodies submerged in water, or hidden in vehicles or structures have been efficiently located by HRD teams. HRD teams are equally important in revealing that there was no odor of human remains present at a designated location, despite an informant's insistence to the contrary. "Clearing" an area by determining that no odor of human remains was available enables the investigation to move on to other venues. HRD teams do not work miracles and in some cases, foot searches have been conducted by the requesting agency following the HRD teams preliminary scan of an area. Use of credible HRD teams will contribute to the expeditious and through conclusion of most searches for human remains."

Anyone seen this yet?
Google says it's only about 20 mins old

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article2303356.ece

This case is filled with more confusing and mismatched information than I have ever seen! I honestly don't know what to think anymore, and the only way for the Portugese LE to maintain any sort of respect at this point in time, is to solve this dang thing....correctly. If the case becomes like Jon Benet Ramsey's, it will go down in history as being the fault of the Portugese LE because of the "mishandling" in the beginning. The truth of the matter is we don't KNOW if it was mishandled because of their dang secrecy laws. Everything ends up being rumors and gossip, which is almost always sensational! One minute, they are convinced Madeleine has been taken by an international organized pedophile gang, the next minute they are going to be conducting "swoops" throught the area in Portugal, then, they are sure she is dead, but they have no hard evidence to base this one. Just yesterday, they cancelled the leave of most of LE because of imminent arrest. I am beginning to think everything I read is just sensational crap. :razz:

This case is filled with more confusing and mismatched information than I have ever seen! I honestly don't know what to think anymore, and the only way for the Portugese LE to maintain any sort of respect at this point in time, is to solve this dang thing....correctly. If the case becomes like Jon Benet Ramsey's, it will go down in history as being the fault of the Portugese LE because of the "mishandling" in the beginning. The truth of the matter is we don't KNOW if it was mishandled because of their dang secrecy laws. Everything ends up being rumors and gossip, which is almost always sensational! One minute, they are convinced Madeleine has been taken by an international organized pedophile gang, the next minute they are going to be conducting "swoops" throught the area in Portugal, then, they are sure she is dead, but they have no hard evidence to base this one. Just yesterday, they cancelled the leave of most of LE because of imminent arrest. I am beginning to think everything I read is just sensational crap. :razz:

Just when we hear something that might mean the case is headed into a direction of action and moving forward, things turn around and we hear nothing, or we hear contradictions from people saying that they aren't suspects, as reported. I am to the point of throwing my hands up... and that is a very frustrating feeling, when you are hoping that something will happen and this poor girl will either be found, or justice will be served in regards of her disappearance.

I said this many threads back and it is this is, I think, the only thing any of us can really hold as the truth: Madeleine McCann has disappeared. Other than that... we know nothing more that can be held in a reliable light. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz