Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes and the media and LE have dangled us by a thread for weeks and weeks with imenant' information about to be released which in reality we heard that weeks ago and to date nothing new has come to light... other than some spots of blood that may or may not be Madeleine's.

I totally agree with you Reannan, Elphaba and Jdee, it is enough to make you just throw up your hands in disgust!
willy_nilly.gif

After all this time, after all this dis-information or conflicting information, after being jumped on for "wondering aloud", after up and down, up and down, up and down emotions, after all that and more...what in the world keeps bringing us back?

Serious question...what do you think? I have never seen anything like this in my life!

It does really bring to mind the Ramsey case: Crime scene botched, conflicting testimony and contradictory statements, attitude and actions by parents after the crime causing more concern about their involvement. And we all know how THAT ended up sadly...

I still think that with that much alcohol consumed, the memories were impaired because they were all impaired. Not falling down drunk, but buzzed and happy. Mathew Oldfield admitted as much when he made his defensive comments about drinking because they were on holiday.

I totally agree with you Reannan, Elphaba and Jdee, it is enough to make you just throw up your hands in disgust!
willy_nilly.gif

After all this time, after all this dis-information or conflicting information, after being jumped on for "wondering aloud", after up and down, up and down, up and down emotions, after all that and more...what in the world keeps bringing us back?

Serious question...what do you think? I have never seen anything like this in my life!

I think we come because Madeleine represents ALL of the children that are harmed by evil in this world. Madeleine represents hope and all that is good in this world. Her parents are a total enigma. Statistically, we all know that they are the most likely individuals to have harmed her. Emotionally, we all want to put our arms around them and help them through this terrible, terrible tragedy - if they are not invovled. Intellectually, we can't understand the parents. I have yet to meet one individual who thinks they were wise or justified in leaving their children alone. Even the McCann supporters struggle with this issue, and they do not seek to justify the behavior. We don't know how to feel about their behavior since May 3. The fund is unprecedented, and it is unclear what they are doing with the money. They look miserable, and yet they don't shed tears! Is their behavior based on strength or shame? We want to find Madeleine and place her gently back in the arms of her parents. We want them to be good, loving parents who are reunited with one of the most beautiful little girls in the world. We want her little brother and sister to grow up and have the chance to argue, go on dates, get married, and vacation together someday with their own families. We come because the saga represents what we fear most - a stranger coming into our homes and stealing the love of our lives; our children. I totally agree that this has been the strangest case I have ever watched unfold. The ups and downs are unparalleled. I often go outside after midnight and lay on my trampoline in my back yard and look up to the sky. I still have hope for an unprecedented ending to this saga - much like the Shawn Hornbeck story.

Absolutely Carpe!!

That has bugged me from the get go when I sent the McCanns an email begging them to just tell the truth.

Also, the post about the PJ suggesting that this might not be the best time to think about leaving Portugal...why would they insist (or suggest) they stay? The rest of the Tapas9 were allowed to leave and it has been reported that they could be called back at any time. Why not allow the McCanns the same freedom with the same set of stipulations?

:waitasec:

Answer is here: http://dn.sapo.pt/2007/08/21/s.....za_pj.html

McCanns’ return penalizes PJ

If Madeleine McCann’s parents return to England, as they have already announced, Policia Judiciaria (PJ) may have difficulties in making the couple return to the country for a new interrogation, if they come to be considered suspects according to new clues.

This is the opinion that was yesterday expressed to DN by a lawyer, who believes that the strong media impact and the pressure that has been made by English media on the Portuguese authorities will make it more difficult for PJ to guarantee the presence of Gerald and Kate McCann in future inquiries.

On the other hand, he adds, if the couple is constituted arguidos in Portugal, their situation would depend on the coercion measure that is imposed by a judge. Yet, it would be assured that “they could not return to England anymore” in order to try to lead a normal life, even defending the stability of their twin children.

“PJ has been preparing, for two weeks, the public opinion and Maddie’s parents and friends for clues that point to the death of the child and the possibility of advancing with new arguidos”. For that, “security in the investigations is necessary, as the credibility of Portugal is questioned, at a time when we preside the EU”.

70-year old Pamela Fenn, who was supposed to be heard as a witness in the Madeleine case, will presumably be heard today.

I think we come because Madeleine represents ALL of the children that are harmed by evil in this world. Madeleine represents hope and all that is good in this world. Her parents are a total enigma. Statistically, we all know that they are the most likely individuals to have harmed her. Emotionally, we all want to put our arms around them and help them through this terrible, terrible tragedy - if they are not invovled. Intellectually, we can't understand the parents. I have yet to meet one individual who thinks they were wise or justified in leaving their children alone. Even the McCann supporters struggle with this issue, and they do not seek to justify the behavior. We don't know how to feel about their behavior since May 3. The fund is unprecedented, and it is unclear what they are doing with the money. They look miserable, and yet they don't shed tears! Is their behavior based on strength or shame? We want to find Madeleine and place her gently back in the arms of her parents. We want them to be good, loving parents who are reunited with one of the most beautiful little girls in the world. We want her little brother and sister to grow up and have the chance to argue, go on dates, get married, and vacation together someday with their own families. We come because the saga represents what we fear most - a stranger coming into our homes and stealing the love of our lives; our children. I totally agree that this has been the strangest case I have ever watched unfold. The ups and downs are unparalleled. I often go outside after midnight and lay on my trampoline in my back yard and look up to the sky. I still have hope for an unprecedented ending to this saga - much like the Shawn Hornbeck story.

Ahhhhhhh Reannan, you made me cry
343.gif

Very nicely said!!!

:blowkiss:

So what happened to the arrrest? The search warrants and questioning Mrs. Fenn? All the promises of a big break-through? I'm beginning to think the Portuguese media is as bad as the British newspapers in throwing out useless, sensational lies.

This just reminds me so much of the JonBenet case, and the McCanns are the new Ramseys. Forever suspected of harming their daughter, but never proven or cleared. But it's worse because we don't have a body- Madeleine is out there somewhere and may never be found.

I agree with colomom. The up and down rollercoaster is so emotionally draining. Sometimes I just feel like throwing up my hands and quitting. It hurts too much.

Hi mates.....I read here every day but dont post...I just want to thankyou for the updates and informative posts that you all provide.:blowkiss:

Reannan,
Beautiful! You are one of those people that makes this world a better place.:blowkiss:

Do we really think the McCanns and the Ramseys are one and the same?

The sticking point for me is this: I have never heard of a case where the parents denied themselves a funeral...not saying it never happened (happens), but any case I can think of the body is always there. Barring, of course, Scott Peterson, but I really don't think he considered Conor an actual child. crazy as that seems to us.

Hi mates.....I read here every day but dont post...I just want to thankyou for the updates and informative posts that you all provide.:blowkiss:

Awesome...thanks for checkin' in Dingo!

I am very happy to see that there are people reading other than the steady posters, who I also appreciate more than I can say!

:blowkiss: right back atcha....feel free to jump in anytime...

Do we really think the McCanns and the Ramseys are one and the same?

The sticking point for me is this: I have never heard of a case where the parents denied themselves a funeral...not saying it never happened (happens), but any case I can think of the body is always there. Barring, of course, Scott Peterson, but I really don't think he considered Conor an actual child. crazy as that seems to us.

I meant this in terms of the case going unsolved. If Madeleine is dead, I suppose it's possible her body might be found in a shallow grave some day or wash up on a beach. But without a body to examine to see what took place prior to her death (or when death occurred) and nobody 'fessing up, it's anyone's guess what happened. The rate it's going, we might never know the answers.

I meant this in terms of the case going unsolved. If Madeleine is dead, I suppose it's possible her body might be found in a shallow grave some day or wash up on a beach. But without a body to examine to see what took place prior to her death (or when death occurred) and nobody 'fessing up, it's anyone's guess what happened. The rate it's going, we might never know the answers.

Actually, I think this case is advancing. New info is surfacing daily and the McCann's don't look so good in the realm of things. This isn't a quiet case it just includes international boundaries which makes it harder for us to decifer.

Awesome...thanks for checkin' in Dingo!

I am very happy to see that there are people reading other than the steady posters, who I also appreciate more than I can say!

:blowkiss: right back atcha....feel free to jump in anytime...
Thank you Colomom....I havent go anything to offer here but I do like to keep up to date with this sad event and do wish that Maddy could be found.

Actually, I think this case is advancing. New info is surfacing daily and the McCann's don't look so good in the realm of things. This isn't a quiet case it just includes international boundaries which makes it harder for us to decifer.

Very good observation concernedperson, that makes alot of sense.

A big "welcome" to you too!! Thanks for posting.

Sounds like my hunch about O'Brien and Tanner was right.

When is an arrest expected?

Thank you Colomom....I havent go anything to offer here but I do like to keep up to date with this sad event and do wish that Maddy could be found.

Actually, dingo, you DO have something to offer! Your support and ideas. I think all the people at Websleuths are fantastic! :blowkiss: It is very helpful to have people share their thoughts, but also their questions! It helps all of us to clarify a very confusing situation. :waitasec:

I forgot to say "THANKS" to Carpe for the great translation of the article up above.

And thanks to all those who have worked on the timeline to figure out who was present and who was absent from Tapas during that evening. It is very helpful.

Actually, dingo, you DO have something to offer! Your support and ideas. I think all the people at Websleuths are fantastic! :blowkiss: It is very helpful to have people share their thoughts, but also their questions! It helps all of us to clarify a very confusing situation. :waitasec:

PLEASE people, don't be nervous about laying those questions, observations or outlandish theories out there for us to examine. In a case such as this it is imperative that we have as much input as possible. Consensus (IMHO) will lead to the key, the answer, the truth..if you will.

Don't be afraid of those that will ridicule you for your "speculation", I believe that all of us will defend your right to say whatever you want, and that includes those who can present a logical, intelligent argument...

It's all about participation and tolerance.....

On that note I bid you good night!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member