Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect, #39

Status
Not open for further replies.

CB has also been linked to the Escola Velha villa in Monte Judeu..where he is reported to have visited / stayed sometimes .
So that's possibly a third abode, which one is supposed recieved a door knock?

I’m sure the BKA interviewed CB’s girlfriend way before June 2020.
Possibly and probably, then why go onto to sell the story, unless it was worthless to the BKA

Possibly and probably, then why go onto to sell the story, unless it was worthless to the BKA
Once the BKA record the interview they can date it , the girlfriend can choose if she wishes if you she wants to tell her story to the press, whenever that may be.

Not all of CB partners have spoken up , some people prefer to be private, just a of the world.

If you're being harassed by journalists, over a long period of time, there might be no other way to stop it?

Once the BKA record the interview they can date it , the girlfriend can choose if she wishes if you she wants to tell her story to the press, whenever that may be.

Not all of CB partners have spoken up , some people prefer to be private, just a of the world.
And very possibly when they do speak to journalists they don't tell them everything they've told the investigators. In some cases they might also give the journalists a lot of invented stuff as well. Just to get rid of them.

A Lot of things being posted lately on here is old info from tabloids, things that have been posted probably a few times on all the threads, it's unfortunately going round in circles, if anyone is newish,may be worth reading some older posts.
Now moving on, the saying no news is good news, maybe something new is on the horizon

I’m sure the BKA interviewed CB’s girlfriend way before June 2020.
I know for a certainty that at least two girlfriends were interviewed before June 2020. Initially they were in relation to two unrelate crimes against women and children. Further analysis of the evidence of one showed the direct relationship with the other.

I suggest we may eventually discover a similar situation when the evidence of the five unrelated charges is eventually heard.

CB is a violent man and a coward who targets women and children who are much weaker than he is. The evidence is there in the thousands of digital images in his possession some of which featured his image, two instances of which led to convictions.

The first interview was when his current girlfriend was punched down a staircase and reported the incident to the police. Unrelated to anything else but the degradation of the innocent children whose abused images fixated him, until investigators were able to identify him and a child. This evidence linked his abuse of the child of a former girlfriend.

You are right that the BKA had occasion to interview both CB and women who had suffered at his hands.

I know for a certainty that at least two girlfriends were interviewed before June 2020. Initially they were in relation to two unrelate crimes against women and children. Further analysis of the evidence of one showed the direct relationship with the other.

I suggest we may eventually discover a similar situation when the evidence of the five unrelated charges is eventually heard.

CB is a violent man and a coward who targets women and children who are much weaker than he is. The evidence is there in the thousands of digital images in his possession some of which featured his image, two instances of which led to convictions.

The first interview was when his current girlfriend was punched down a staircase and reported the incident to the police. Unrelated to anything else but the degradation of the innocent children whose abused images fixated him, until investigators were able to identify him and a child. This evidence linked his abuse of the child of a former girlfriend.

You are right that the BKA had occasion to interview both CB and women who had suffered at his hands.
Yes, and so, hope he is convicted in all of those charges. With the horizon of more years in prison will he be entertained in writing more mocking cartoons or complaint letters? Which IMO include strange comments that only undermine his claims of innocence.

Beyond the discover of potential "new" similar situations, there are also some old cases unsolved or dubiously closed, where he might have been close by. Maybe just a coincidence...

What does this have to do with an abduction and murder case against MM?

Right.

I am quite lost as to what are the more reliable facts established either via HCW statements or high quality MSM reporting (e.g Spiegel) vs single source reporting vs low quality unsourced reporting.

As an example Olive Press claims some things that no other MSM source has to my knowledge

And as we recently saw in the Murdaugh trial, a fair amount of pretrial reporting turned out to be incorrect or misleading and there is no way to know which elements before actual evidence is lead. In this case, we actually have far less credible reporting.

So a fundamental thing "CB was resident in Luz" - do we actually know this?

If so, where did he live?
A key example is the reporting on CB's love life during the week in question. He was purported with his British girlfriend on 2 May, on his way back from western Portugal to NF's place in Foral with the Tiffin on 3 May, and with ALE much of that week. Shortly after 3 May, he was also meant to be at Arade. The only part of this which is certainly accurate is that he was with ALE on 9 May (I think but it could have been 6, I can't remember). I think much of this is misreporting but it's only my opinion.

So that's possibly a third abode, which one is supposed recieved a door knock?
I've only heard of two houses, which @Lilly b mentioned have been discussed at length on earlier threads. His main residence - likely from 2000 until he went to prison in 2006 - was the farmhouse outside PDL. He is also reported to have stayed at the School House in Monte Judea - IIRC he looked after this house for an older expat lady from time to time.

IMO, if a door was knocked on, it would have been the farmhouse because this was probably the only residence he listed for phone and utility bills.

It's very unlikely they knocked on the MJ house because I don't think he ever actually lived there and that the police knocked on a van door is a stupid suggestion - how did they locate it, was it even registered to CB at the time?

So that is an interesting point then.

It seems a possibility Police door knocked his old address. This might be why he never figured highly in a list of suspects. He was not resident locally and/or was living out of his van.

I've only heard of two houses, which @Lilly b mentioned have been discussed at length on earlier threads. His main residence - likely from 2000 until he went to prison in 2006 - was the farmhouse outside PDL. He is also reported to have stayed at the School House in Monte Judea - IIRC he looked after this house for an older expat lady from time to time.

IMO, if a door was knocked on, it would have been the farmhouse because this was probably the only residence he listed for phone and utility bills.

It's very unlikely they knocked on the MJ house because I don't think he ever actually lived there and that the police knocked on a van door is a stupid suggestion - how did they locate it, was it even registered to CB at the time?

I suspect you are correct.

It may also be why the phone call is so critical. If he did not live in PdL or the vicinity, why was he there that evening.

The ITV article mentioned 2, Trivento then brought a link to a third or was that one, one of the 2 in the ITV article.

I wonder why the appeal did not focus on where he was thought to live? Maybe they already did on the ground canvassing locally.

Anyway, just doing this process shows there are two potentially contradictory ideas in the reporting.

I wonder why the appeal did not focus on where he was thought to live? Maybe they already did on the ground canvassing locally.

Anyway, just doing this process shows there are two potentially contradictory ideas in the reporting.
I think they have a good idea of his whereabouts from leaving prison December 06 through 07.

They know for example he got the VW from BP. They know from his British girlfriend the areas he was frequenting. He met and hung out with the radio group around end of Mar to early April. They know he was hanging out at BSJ with the hippies and at Barranco. They knew in May he was with ALE. Some of the timeline would have been filled in by NF too.

What I’m saying is that they likely know his hangouts and can plug in some exact dates - like the radio group. But, there are gaps. They appealed for photos around 3 May - this is to fill in the gaps.

I’m almost certain though that they can’t irrefutably put him in PDL on 3 May. This is another big issue for them.

Police have ‘best chance’ at solving Madeleine McCann case in years, top cop says: ‘Something definitive’​

Speaking about the investigation he said:
“I think it’s different in so far as the German authorities have a live investigation, one whereby they have been absolutely adamant that they have the right person

They have been equally adamant that they believe Madeleine McCann is dead.

Those are are two extremely strong positions and knowing the German authorities and the German police having worked with in the past, they are generally conservative and cautious.

So for them to be so positive about their lines of inquiry so positive about a suspect and and let’s be honest, he’s a suspect who fits the profile perfectly.

JG is of the opinion that the police haven't shared all the evidence they have followed leading to suspect CB and confirms "it’s right that you hold back that information when you’re investigating. So I would like to think if this is a positive line of inquiry linked to CB and that investigation, that if they do find evidence they will be able to help use that to link their suspect to this case.”

JG's thinking is current and concerns opinion on a currently active case which his enormous experience in the field has given him the right of respect; much as those currently in the field deserve respect for the job they are doing, which has never been easy.
My opinion

I think they have a good idea of his whereabouts from leaving prison December 06 through 07.

They know for example he got the VW from BP. They know from his British girlfriend the areas he was frequenting. He met and hung out with the radio group around end of Mar to early April. They know he was hanging out at BSJ with the hippies and at Barranco. They knew in May he was with ALE. Some of the timeline would have been filled in by NF too.

What I’m saying is that they likely know his hangouts and can plug in some exact dates - like the radio group. But, there are gaps. They appealed for photos around 3 May - this is to fill in the gaps.

I’m almost certain though that they can’t irrefutably put him in PDL on 3 May. This is another big issue for them.
HCW said CB acted alone and he thinks he killed Madeleine soon after the alleged abduction, so it's the 3rd and dates thereafter that matter imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drena519