Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect, #40

Media, in its various forms has been doing this from the beginning. Netflix and the like aren't charities.
Why should individuals making money be treated differently?

Media, in its various forms has been doing this from the beginning. Netflix and the like aren't charities.
Why should individuals making money be treated differently?

It's so true. It's all cashing in regardless of who's doing it.

Got to say though, this image of this 'foreign detective' with his bombshell book scoop made me :D Cos that's how someone wanting to be taken seriously as a truth-bringer would present himself. :D

1712599256147.png

Last edited:
hi ppl, i got a question, i'm new here so i don't know if this was answered already in this thread:

Did CB talk to the Braunschweig police in 2013 about his whereabouts around the time MM went missing? I think i read it somewhere...

The reason i'm asking:
-NF said CB called her the night MM vanished and said he was on his way from Tomar to Foral, which makes no sense given "his phone" being logged in the PdL cell tower until 8pm.
-MWT said CB told him he never returned to PdL after he got released in Dec 2006, plus he was with a girl in Carvoeiro around the time which kind of was his alibi.
-Yet, the German Doctor in the German Sat.1 documentary said in a kind of weird tone "he remembered seeing CB at a Birthday Party in Odiaxere (probably CP's birthday, as he lived in Odiaxere) the week MM went missing".

now these are 3 accounts of his wherabouts, on top of that his phone being logged in the PdL cell tower.

It all sounds like CB told a different story in 2013, i wonder if that's what made him supicious to the BKA in the first place (maybe before they found further "evidence), so just wanted to know if there is more information on that?

It continues because no one wants to be the one to stop the funding.
Nothing new is being achieved .
IMO

I'm not going to comment on the £13.2M that has been spent on this case to date because... reasons.

But, from the Met perspective, this case remains a missing person operation, that's their stance, and one that they're stuck with until such time as someone is charged with and convicted of MM's abduction and murder. If the funding were to stop now, it would send the message that the Met believes that the BKA has the right man, that the child is dead, and that they're confident that a charge is on the horizon. If CB is never charged and the case against him fades away into nothing (as I suspect it will), that would leave the Met in a compromised position. This renewed funding is 'wait and see' funding imo. You can see from the link that it's about as basic and as box-ticking as it can get: "three police officers and one member of police staff, all of whom operate on a part-time basis" and a grant that's not even an upfront grant, just an available pot should it be required.

That's not an active investigation. It's a 'biding their time' one.

I wonder if they had put a £13mil reward at the time she went missing, if this would be now a solved case.

I don't think it would, sadly.

Last edited:
Just to add, a current example of what that OG funding is primarily there to cover.

SY DC Mark Draycott has been called as a witness by the court to testify what HeB said to him in interview in 2017 so as to hold it up to the light against what HeB has subsequently said in court in his own testimony. I don't know whether Draycott, due to give evidence tomorrow, will be there in person or will feature via a zoom call, but if he's there in person, then that fund is there to cover his travel, accommodation, meals etc costs. And even if it's a zoom call, the consultation and prep in advance of this court appearance is time spent = hours worked.

Contingency funding essentially. Not investigative funding.

Just to add, a current example of what that OG funding is primarily there to cover.

SY DC Mark Draycott has been called as a witness by the court to testify what HeB said to him in interview in 2017 so as to hold it up to the light against what HeB has subsequently said in court in his own testimony. I don't know whether Draycott, due to give evidence tomorrow, will be there in person or will feature via a zoom call, but if he's there in person, then that fund is there to cover his travel, accommodation, meals etc costs. And even if it's a zoom call, the consultation and prep in advance of this court appearance is time spent = hours worked.

Absolutely correct line of thought.

My take on it is that when when the verdicts are delivered following CB's five trials, OG will remain a player with continued British input into the case they led on the kidnap of a British child abroad.

Would be a pretty expensive trip if that was the case. Maybe a nights hotel and flight and food and a couple of days wages ..would only cost a couple of thousand I would have thought...if he is actually going there even.

Would be a pretty expensive trip if that was the case. Maybe a nights hotel and flight and food and a couple of days wages ..would only cost a couple of thousand I would have thought...if he is actually going there even.

No! :D The costs would come out of the £192k pot! Not that that's what the trip would cost! The £192K is the available funding there to cover whatever costs and expenses might come up related to the case over the coming year.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberlynn566
Back