Identified! MD - Carroll County, Female UP5608, 23-27, March 2009 - Toni Vogel

Bumping case up. Has anyone heard any updates on it?

I'm familiar with that area. Actually, not to discount the poster who said it's "not readily accessible from a major interstate," but in a way, it is.

MD-140 runs the whole way into Baltimore, and through some rough areas. In addition, I-695 accesses I-795 which turns into 140. It's less than 25 miles to Baltimore city from that point of 140.

So it's quite possible that somebody was looking for a dump spot, or traveling through. Westminster is known as a bad drug area -- The one high school was referred to as "Heroine High," in the early part of the 2000's. So I'm sure plenty of drugs flow into and out of Westminster towards Baltimore and Washington on 140.

It might also be that it was local, but I wouldn't rule out the fact that someone just decided to make a turn and drop her there.

Reason being, the strip along 140 is a very populated area, but if you turn off 140 at almost any point, you are in the woods within half a mile or so. Plenty of places to discretely drop a body.

Not sure what manufacturing company they mean, because on either side of 140 at that point are Bare Truck Sales and Repair, Battery Warehouse, Crossroads Community Church, a Kohl's, a Green Turtle restaurant, a Monro Muffler, etc...

Knorr Brake Company is down the road a bit, and further down is an abandoned pallet-making factory next to what was a vacant lot, but what is now an urgent care center. But unless the description was way off, that's half a mile or more down the road, which is significant.

I'm familiar with that area. Actually, not to discount the poster who said it's "not readily accessible from a major interstate," but in a way, it is.

MD-140 runs the whole way into Baltimore, and through some rough areas. In addition, I-695 accesses I-795 which turns into 140. It's less than 25 miles to Baltimore city from that point of 140.

So it's quite possible that somebody was looking for a dump spot, or traveling through. Westminster is known as a bad drug area -- The one high school was referred to as "Heroine High," in the early part of the 2000's. So I'm sure plenty of drugs flow into and out of Westminster towards Baltimore and Washington on 140.

It might also be that it was local, but I wouldn't rule out the fact that someone just decided to make a turn and drop her there.

Reason being, the strip along 140 is a very populated area, but if you turn off 140 at almost any point, you are in the woods within half a mile or so. Plenty of places to discretely drop a body.

Not sure what manufacturing company they mean, because on either side of 140 at that point are Bare Truck Sales and Repair, Battery Warehouse, Crossroads Community Church, a Kohl's, a Green Turtle restaurant, a Monro Muffler, etc...

Knorr Brake Company is down the road a bit, and further down is an abandoned pallet-making factory next to what was a vacant lot, but what is now an urgent care center. But unless the description was way off, that's half a mile or more down the road, which is significant.

NAMUS gives the address as 915 Baltimore Blvd, which Googlemaps says is (next to?) the brake company: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=915+Baltimore+Boulevard,+Westminster,+MD&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=30.461748,79.013672&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=915+Baltimore+Blvd,+Westminster,+Carroll,+Maryland+21157&t=h&z=16

Tracy L Myers looks like a good possible.

When Baltimore PD called me to inform me that Tracy L Tetso had ruled out, I think that he said that Carroll County Jane Doe had been already identified. However, it was 5:00 am PDT, and I had to jump out of bed to catch the call. I was only half-awake and I am not sure that I heard him correctly.

If you do call in Tracy Lynn Myers, please verify whether this decedent is still unidentified.

Carl,

Do you remember or not if this UID has been identified. Down in the cold case forum they also have a thread on her...http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90994

Anyway, if she isn't identified, what do you think about this girl? http://www.nampn.org/cases/paolini_jessica_l.html

Missing Since: September 10, 2006 from Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Classification: Endangered Missing Adult
Date Of Birth: July 19, 1984
Height: 5'3" - am inch taller than what the doe network is listing
Weight: 130 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Race: White
Distinguishing Characteristics: She has an olive complexion,
a pierced lip, belly button and tongue. A burn scar on her back and left arm.
She also has a tribal tattoo on her lower back.
Clothing: She was last seen wearing
a green shirt, jean skirt, tan slip on shoes,
and carrying a tan purse.
Medical Conditions: Jessica has a history of drug abuse, heroin addiction.
NCIC Number: M455985304

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Details of Disappearance
Jessica, a mother of one, was last seen on September 10, 2006, around 6:00pm, when she was taken to Cherry Hill, New Jersey. She left JFK Hospital, against medical advice. Jessica is known to frequent the State Street area of Camden City, New Jersey. She may possibly be in the Jersey City/Newark, New Jersey areas.

The distance between Cherry Hill NJ and Westminster MD is about 133 miles or so. It says that Jessica has a history of drug abuse, maybe she went to the Baltimore area for drugs.... just a thought.

I will be traveling on the outskirts of Baltimore tomorrow night, as we head to the beach. My husband already thinks I'm nuts, but I would like to see the place where this UID was found at...

I am going to contact a mod and see if they can merge the threads.

I already PM'd Cubby to merge the threads.

Your possible match looks pretty good. They definitely have similar facial shapes, and the vital stats, while on the margins, aren't enough outside the margins to be inconsistent.

I probably mis-understood the Baltimore PD guy when he woke me up at 5:00 am to tell me that Tracy Tetso had been looked at and ruled out. I thought I heard him say that the Jane Doe had been identified, but I was probably mistaken. They probably would have removed the NamUs and DoeNet pages by now if the Jane Doe had been identified.

BTW, I understand the feeling that your husband thinks you're nuts. Alot of my friends/relatives think I'm nuts for being so wrapped up in this stuff. But WTH, my brother is all wrapped up in restoring antique fire trucks, and I think he's nuts too. :)

I already PM'd Cubby to merge the threads.

Your possible match looks pretty good. They definitely have similar facial shapes, and the vital stats, while on the margins, aren't enough outside the margins to be inconsistent.

I probably mis-understood the Baltimore PD guy when he woke me up at 5:00 am to tell me that Tracy Tetso had been looked at and ruled out. I thought I heard him say that the Jane Doe had been identified, but I was probably mistaken. They probably would have removed the NamUs and DoeNet pages by now if the Jane Doe had been identified.

BTW, I understand the feeling that your husband thinks you're nuts. Alot of my friends/relatives think I'm nuts for being so wrapped up in this stuff. But WTH, my brother is all wrapped up in restoring antique fire trucks, and I think he's nuts too. :)

Hey Carl,

Since you already were in contact before with the Baltimore PD would you mind contacting him about my possible match? You are way better at this than me!! Please??

My kids tell everyone I am obsessed with dead people... my daughter just told her cheerleading squad that today, and I must say I was a little embarassed...

Hey Carl,

Since you already were in contact before with the Baltimore PD would you mind contacting him about my possible match? You are way better at this than me!! Please??

My kids tell everyone I am obsessed with dead people... my daughter just told her cheerleading squad that today, and I must say I was a little embarassed...

This UID case is not in Baltimore's jurisdiction. I called Baltimore because they had jurisdiction over Tracy Gardner-Tetso's case.

But I don't mind calling Carroll County to see whether or not Tracy Lynn Myers has been looked at.

What about the girl I listed earlier today? http://www.nampn.org/cases/paolini_jessica_l.html Jessica Paolini?

I says the contact for the UID on the Namus site is Carla Proudfoot.. she has an email addresss listed.. https://identifyus.org/cases/5608

I just feel I don't put things in the right words when I submit possible matches.

Oops again - I looked too quickly and picked up the wrong name. That's two goofs today :doh: :doh: .

I first turned in my Tracy Tetso tip to Carla Proudfoot. She acknowledged my first e-mail to say that she would pass the info on to Carroll county, but I couldn't reach her after that, and never heard anything more from her. I then left a message with Baltimore, and got the call back the next morning.

From that experience, I am a little reluctant to go to Carla Proudfoot with the submission.

What about the girl I listed earlier today? http://www.nampn.org/cases/paolini_jessica_l.html Jessica Paolini?

I says the contact for the UID on the Namus site is Carla Proudfoot.. she has an email addresss listed.. https://identifyus.org/cases/5608

I just feel I don't put things in the right words when I submit possible matches.

chaddylex, I agree with Carl on this contact. I have had several promises followed by long periods of ignore or "oh!, I forgot" from her. So I keep everyone accountable who might be involved in either UID or MP cases. I send and email with a lot of cc's!

Each knows someone else received notice on a particular case and then no one wants to be the one who slacked off. I found it also helps on follow up to mention "per our phone conversation/email"...... (specify date). That should give them a clue all your work and communication is in fact documented. I found it also helps to keep email message very brief with case numbers highlighted. moo
:twocents:

ETA.....If I work a very old case and the media has shown interest in that case, I am certainly not above sending a CC to them in my email. It is hard for LE to ignore what they call "just a tip" if the blood hounds are on the trail. :)

NAMUS gives the address as 915 Baltimore Blvd, which Googlemaps says is (next to?) the brake company: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...Westminster,+Carroll,+Maryland+21157&t=h&z=16

Interesting. You can see a lot of assorted junk behind that building, too.

Don't discount the possibility that the perp dropped the body by entering from the Len Stoler side. It's not unusual to see people entering or leaving a car dealership lot at all hours, presumable (to passersby) to look at cars or make a late-night service drop-off.

Not sure that any building cameras would have seen anything unusual from that angle, if any were there at the time.

The age of the remains bothers me. They said the UID could have been missing from 3-30 years at one site I saw. That's a pretty broad range. Don't know what was there 30 years ago but how would it not get noticed in that time period??

I left a voice message with Sergeant Tina Becker of the Maryland State Police. She is the contact listed in DoeNet.

I asked if she had a current rule-out listing, and mentioned that we were looking at Jessica Paolini as a possible. I gave her my name and call-back number. Let's see how responsive she is.

Interesting. You can see a lot of assorted junk behind that building, too.

Don't discount the possibility that the perp dropped the body by entering from the Len Stoler side. It's not unusual to see people entering or leaving a car dealership lot at all hours, presumable (to passersby) to look at cars or make a late-night service drop-off.

Not sure that any building cameras would have seen anything unusual from that angle, if any were there at the time.

The age of the remains bothers me. They said the UID could have been missing from 3-30 years at one site I saw. That's a pretty broad range. Don't know what was there 30 years ago but how would it not get noticed in that time period??

bbm

From the Doe blurb: "Her remains were found beneath a ground cover of leaves, rock and construction debris." So apparently not really visible. I speculate that that means the remains could have been there before the building was built, which might be where the 30 year timeframe comes from.

bbm

From the Doe blurb: "Her remains were found beneath a ground cover of leaves, rock and construction debris." So apparently not really visible. I speculate that that means the remains could have been there before the building was built, which might be where the 30 year timeframe comes from.

Makes sense. The mind-blower to me was that the retread plant is OLD. Visibly so. Peeling paint on the exterior, etc.

It would seem unless she was buried there shortly after the construction, or during, she would have been disturbed during.

Those articles make it sound as though the remains were on the back of the lot, away from the building. As if maybe they were dumped with a load of rubbish or yard trash or something.

I just got my call-back from Tina Becker. She was very friendly and in comparison to some others to whom I have called in tips, she seemed interested in what I had.

She refers to this UID as "Air Girl". She has about 300 names on her rule-out list, and Jessica Paolini was not on her list. When she looked up JLP, she could not find her in NCIC. It may be that her case was closed, and she was not removed from NAMPN. (From a Google search, I subsequently found that she was listed in Charley, but she is no longer there, which would suggest that her MP case is closed).

She said that because of the circumstances of the case, they believe that Air Girl was a local girl who went missing some time in the 1980's. She suspects that persons missing more recently would probably turn out not to be a match. But she will look into it and she won't refuse to look at more recently missing persons or people from out of the area.

As for Tracy Lynn Myers, they have not ruled her out because they are unable to obtain a DNA profile, and she has no dental records listed in NCIC.

As a side note, Tina Becker's only other UID case is DoeNet 237UFMD (Fredrick County MD).
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/237ufmd.html

I called Tina back to tell her that Charley had previously listed Jessica Paolini, but removed her from the site for an unknown reason.

I also asked about Anne Lillian Riggin from Harrisburg PA.

Anne Lillian Riggin
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/riggin_anne.html
riggin_anne.jpg

She is the only Caucasian Female (from Charley or NAMPN) who is close to Air Girl's age and height range who was missing from that part of PA or MD between 1980 and 1995.

Tina says that Anne Riggin has not been ruled out. She is another one for whom they are unable to obtain identifiers. She has a call-out to Harrisburg PA police to see if they can locate family members to obtain DNA Family Reference Samples.

I called Tina back to tell her that Charley had previously listed Jessica Paolini, but removed her from the site for an unknown reason.

I also asked about Anne Lillian Riggin from Harrisburg PA.

Anne Lillian Riggin
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/riggin_anne.html
riggin_anne.jpg

She is the only Caucasian Female (from Charley or NAMPN) who is close to Air Girl's age and height range who was missing from that part of PA or MD between 1980 and 1995.

Tina says that Anne Riggin has not been ruled out. She is another one for whom they are unable to obtain identifiers. She has a call-out to Harrisburg PA police to see if they can locate family members to obtain DNA Family Reference Samples.

Carl,

Any word from Tina about obtaining DNA from Anne Riggin's family?

I know you have a lot of cases you are waiting on responses on... Harrisburg isn't too far from where this UID was found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000
Back