Identified! MD - Carroll County, Female UP5608, 23-27, March 2009 - Toni Vogel

Carl,

Any word from Tina about obtaining DNA from Anne Riggin's family?

I know you have a lot of cases you are waiting on responses on... Harrisburg isn't too far from where this UID was found.

I do have a big follow-up list, but I didn't have this one listed. I suppose I could contact the Harrisburg LE, but I think it's doubtful that they would make any effort to get in touch with Anne Riggin's family based on my call.

ETA: Several sources indicate that there are dentals available on Anne Riggins. And Air Girl's dental chart is available in NamUs. This shouldn't be so hard to confirm.

I left a voicemail message with Harrisburg PA LE, asking them what identifiers are available for Anne Lillian Riggin.

I received a call-back this morning from Trooper Weintrach from the Pennsylvania State Police. He says that Anne Riggin's family has submitted DNA, so they have a sample on her now. He had left a message with NCMA, but they didn't call back. I suggested that he contact TIna Becker to compare notes on "Air Girl", and he said that he would do that.

Since I was not with a LE agency, he was not willing to discuss the case much further than that.

ETA: I contacted Tina Becker, and told her that I heard from Trooper Weintrach. I gave her the number, and she said that she would call them directly.

Have you heard anything yet, kdpx?

They've added a few rule outs but not Kimberly Mileo.

Katherine Anderson 1954 Maryland
Kristen Charbonneau 1980 Texas
Rachel Cooke 1982 Texas
Christina Crespo 1979 Pennsylvania
Alicia Digna 1982 Michigan
Kelly Dove 1961 Virginia
Rachel Good 1983 Virginia
Billie Jean Hall 1960 Maryland
Anne Manchester 1954 Delaware
Becky Marzo 1980 Wisconsin
Melanie Metheny 1985 West Virginia
Maura Murray 1982 Massachusetts
Judith Odonnell 1961 New York
Brittany Peart 1987 Maryland
Babette Alberti Philips 1959 Louisiana
Shannon Potter 1970 Maryland
Michelle Rust 1977 Maryland
Christine Sheddy 1980 Maryland
Nancy Williams 1961 Georgia
Brandy Wilson 1977 Indiana

https://identifyus.org/cases/5608

bumping as I came here to see if there was any followup to this UID case - I got an update in my email today that the NAMUS file for this UID had been updated.

Here is the EXTENSIVE list of rule-outs on this UID (honestly, I have never seen so many rule-outs before - which sucks that it's not any of these women, but shows diligence on LE's part):

https://identifyus.org/cases/5608

Patricia Adkins
Carla Anderson
Katherine Anderson
Mindy Arnett
Kristen Charbonneau
Rachel Cooke
Christina Crespo
Alicia Digna
Kelly Dove
Rachel Good
Margaret Haddican-McEnroe
Billie Jean Hall
Jodi Huisentruit
Anne Manchester
Becky Marzo
Melanie Metheny
Maura Murray
Judith O'Donnell
Brittany Peart
Babette Alberti Phillips
Kyla Porter
Shannon Potter
Christine Sheddy (who's body was ultimately found and perps charged)
Nancy Williams
Brandy Wilson

So, if you are keeping an eye on this case as I am, keep these ruleouts in mind.

Also keep in mind that DNA is not currently available, according to NAMUS - but dental IS and that is what I am assuming these rule-outs are based on.

Added to the ruleouts in future criminologist's post:

Yvonne Belcher 1975 Florida
Michelle Collins 1982 Kentucky
Kathleen Meyers 1962 Delaware
Michelle Rust 1977 Maryland
Tracey Tetso 1972 Maryland

A new article from last month...

http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/news/local/police-continue-to-investigate-bones-uncovered-in/article_84e8e3da-ab73-11e0-928d-001cc4c002e0.html

Police continue to investigate bones uncovered in 2009

Posted: Monday, July 11, 2011 12:15 am | Updated: 12:09 am, Mon Jul 11, 2011.

By Ryan Marshall, Times Staff Writer

More than two years after the skeletal remains of a young woman were discovered near Westminster, investigators continue to search for information to determine the woman's identity and her killer.

Despite being unable to identify the woman, state police homicide investigators are still looking to locate people who might have some information, state police spokesman Greg Shipley said Friday.

Police have eliminated a number of possible identifications that have come in from around the country, he said.

A few more names have been added to Namus ruleouts but still not Kimberly Mileo.

I received notice from NamUS that this person has been id'ed. I truly dislike that they don't TELL you who? Anyone know?

This was one of pet cases. I hope they say who she is...

I know that only others who Search will understand this, but she is a member of my extended family. I have spent weeks looking through The Missing to find her, I have tons of notes in EverNote, I've PhotoShopped her face without hair to help me id her. I couldn't tell my spouse how much time I've spent looking for her.

I would like to finally know her name and who she was.

Why doesn't NamUS give closure to the folks who Search?

Nothing on the Maryland State Police press release site.

http://www.mdsp.org/media/press_release_choices.asp

wekebu can you add a copy of the notification from NamUs to the thread so we can update the prefix to id'd and move it to the appropriate forum?

thanks!

and I too hope more information is released on the person, though sometimes the family wishes to keep the name private. I'm glad this UID has ner name back.

Cubby, is this what you need:

NamUs Case # 5608 has had changes made. You can view the case by clicking the url below

URL: https://identifyus.org/cases/5608

The following fields have been changed:
Case Information : Status changed from "Unidentified" to "Identified"

Thank you wekebu. I have to re-register with NamUs so right now it is telling me access denied, but this will suffice.

I will let the mods know and if additional news becomes available we can continue the discussion in the id'd subforum.

Thank you, and thanks for all the work you did on searching for an identity for this uid.

Cubby, I get access denied too, they do there when a case has been solved.

I know that only others who Search will understand this, but she is a member of my extended family. I have spent weeks looking through The Missing to find her, I have tons of notes in EverNote, I've PhotoShopped her face without hair to help me id her. I couldn't tell my spouse how much time I've spent looking for her.

I would like to finally know her name and who she was.

Why doesn't NamUS give closure to the folks who Search?

I know sometime on different cases listed on NamUs when they are identified, they will list that and list the person's name. Maybe they are keeping it close to their belt since it more likely a homicide.

I do understand how you feel. I have spent many hours, days on certain UID's, hoping to find their identities. My husband thinks I am crazy sometimes and my kids tell people I look for to match dead people to missing people...

I left a voicemail message with Tina Becker to see if she can provide any info on whether "Air Girl" has been ID'd, and if so, whether she is able to divulge her name.

I'll let you all know if I get a reply.

fyi, I contacted Ryan Marshall, the reporter, this earlier this morning asking him if he had heard anything. He hadn't, but promised to look into it.

thanks guys. I know WS are sticklers for 'official MSM doc's' - so we gotta get the Dept of Justice and NamUs official documentation for id's caught up to date.... kind of like we do with NCMEC I suppose. We still do the 'presumed located' or something like when a case is removed from NCMEC. Though NCMEC is a volunteer NFP organization and NamUs is run by an official federal government office.

It's after 5 pm MD time. I call the coroner or the MD state police tomorrow and get a definitive confirmation this UID has been id'd.

I was gonna do that today but got busy with other stuff.....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekakay420
Back