MD MD - Judith 'Judy' O'Donnell, 19, Baltimore, 30 Nov 1980

Can't write much as I have a touch of the flu and have to turn in soon, but wanted to post and say that I did bike over to the Lower East Side yesterday and show Judith's picture around. I didn't even bother going over to talk to anyone that looked to be under the age of 40-45 at the very least, but talked to about 7 or 8 'old timers' that have been living in that area on and off the streets for the past 40-50 years +. A few looked at her picture and just shook their head, one muttered, "Pretty girl - where is she?" and I tried to tell him the story of what happened to her but couldn't seem to get through to him that she disappeared over 30 years ago, and not just recently. There was a couple, a man and a woman, homeless, who I talked to, both of whom seemed very lucid. He said he is 54 and she said she is 58, and according to them they were living on and off the streets in that area in the late 70s/early 80s (and still are - amazing, really). When I showed them Judy's photos they, too, commented on how beautiful she was, and when I told them her story the woman especially started getting very sad, tearing up, and smoking cigarette after cigarette. She said that during that era, there were just thousands of very young people coming to NYC to live on the streets and she was friends with many of them. She said that so many just 'disappeared' one day, without saying goodbye, or giving any indication they were leaving. That area sounds like it was a revolving door for lost souls back then (and to a lesser extent, still is). Anyway, this woman, whose first name is Amy, did not recognize Judy at first, but she said she looked familiar and asked to keep a few of the printouts so she could continue to look at them, show them around, and see what she could come up with. I happily gave a dozen of them. So although I didn't get any direct hits the first time around, I did meet Amy and get her on our side/working for our cause, and this is a woman who has been living in the same scene Judy was living in for the past 40 years or so. I am hoping she can find something out, even if it is a tiny bit of information. I also posted Judy's Charley Project page on all the store billboards/bus stops/phone poles/trees, etc. Not sure how long they're going to stay up, but tens of thousands of people walk down Avenues A and B every day. If just one who knows something catches a glimpse in the next 24 to 48 hours (my prediction how long they will stay up), well, you just never know.

I told Amy I would be back in the park (Tompkins Square) next weekend and that I'd buy lunch for all three of us if they'd like to meet me again and talk about old times, about Judy, about anything. They agreed, so I'm hoping she and her boyfriend/husband will keep our date.

I didn't ask anyone yet about AR, as I didn't feel comfortable doing so just yet. But after talking/meeting with Amy and her boyfriend a time or two more and gaining some of their trust, enough that I have a chance of getting an honest answer and not just an "No, never heard of him", I will ask. Maureen/Kim: is this even worthwhile, though? You mentioned that Judy met AR in Oswego at the university up there. Do you know if he even ever spent any time in NYC? Or was he a primarily Oswego resident? Thanks in advance for any info you can give me!

And Oriah, thanks so much for the info on the old women's homes/hostels. I live in the West Village, so Leo's in Chelsea is particularly close and because you say it is run by the same nuns/women now, I think it is my best bet. I am going to try my best to go up there sometime this week one day when I can get off work a little early.

Keep up the great work, you guys! I almost felt Judy's beautiful spirit as I walked the streets of her old stomping ground yesterday. This wonderful young woman needs to be found, or at the very least her fate needs to be uncovered. Someone out there knows - it is just a matter of connecting with that particular person. I, for one, am not going to stop until I've pursued all avenues - twice! Like I said, I feel a special connection with Judy, and I just know she's the kind of girl I would have loved to have been friends with, gone dancing with, and stayed up late walking NYC's streets and talking about life and love with. She truly is a kindred spirit.

ive read that book most of it has to do with observations(sometimes not very nice) of his celebrity friends and the staff of 'Interview magazine.
It is an interesting read kind of facinating to hear commentary about events'such as John Lennon's asassination from his point of view.
Its a real slice of history from the late 1970's early 80's .I guess sometimes he liked to get a stack of the most recent issue of 'Interview' put them under his arm and just give them to random folks he met on the street.

I got in touch with the author - maybe 5 months ago? he was not able, or interested, and had no recollection of Judy. Good thought, though. Thanks for thinking it!

Can't write much as I have a touch of the flu and have to turn in soon, but wanted to post and say that I did bike over to the Lower East Side yesterday and show Judith's picture around. I didn't even bother going over to talk to anyone that looked to be under the age of 40-45 at the very least, but talked to about 7 or 8 'old timers' that have been living in that area on and off the streets for the past 40-50 years +. A few looked at her picture and just shook their head, one muttered, "Pretty girl - where is she?" and I tried to tell him the story of what happened to her but couldn't seem to get through to him that she disappeared over 30 years ago, and not just recently. There was a couple, a man and a woman, homeless, who I talked to, both of whom seemed very lucid. He said he is 54 and she said she is 58, and according to them they were living on and off the streets in that area in the late 70s/early 80s (and still are - amazing, really). When I showed them Judy's photos they, too, commented on how beautiful she was, and when I told them her story the woman especially started getting very sad, tearing up, and smoking cigarette after cigarette. She said that during that era, there were just thousands of very young people coming to NYC to live on the streets and she was friends with many of them. She said that so many just 'disappeared' one day, without saying goodbye, or giving any indication they were leaving. That area sounds like it was a revolving door for lost souls back then (and to a lesser extent, still is). Anyway, this woman, whose first name is Amy, did not recognize Judy at first, but she said she looked familiar and asked to keep a few of the printouts so she could continue to look at them, show them around, and see what she could come up with. I happily gave a dozen of them. So although I didn't get any direct hits the first time around, I did meet Amy and get her on our side/working for our cause, and this is a woman who has been living in the same scene Judy was living in for the past 40 years or so. I am hoping she can find something out, even if it is a tiny bit of information. I also posted Judy's Charley Project page on all the store billboards/bus stops/phone poles/trees, etc. Not sure how long they're going to stay up, but tens of thousands of people walk down Avenues A and B every day. If just one who knows something catches a glimpse in the next 24 to 48 hours (my prediction how long they will stay up), well, you just never know.

I told Amy I would be back in the park (Tompkins Square) next weekend and that I'd buy lunch for all three of us if they'd like to meet me again and talk about old times, about Judy, about anything. They agreed, so I'm hoping she and her boyfriend/husband will keep our date.

I didn't ask anyone yet about AR, as I didn't feel comfortable doing so just yet. But after talking/meeting with Amy and her boyfriend a time or two more and gaining some of their trust, enough that I have a chance of getting an honest answer and not just an "No, never heard of him", I will ask. Maureen/Kim: is this even worthwhile, though? You mentioned that Judy met AR in Oswego at the university up there. Do you know if he even ever spent any time in NYC? Or was he a primarily Oswego resident? Thanks in advance for any info you can give me!

And Oriah, thanks so much for the info on the old women's homes/hostels. I live in the West Village, so Leo's in Chelsea is particularly close and because you say it is run by the same nuns/women now, I think it is my best bet. I am going to try my best to go up there sometime this week one day when I can get off work a little early.

Keep up the great work, you guys! I almost felt Judy's beautiful spirit as I walked the streets of her old stomping ground yesterday. This wonderful young woman needs to be found, or at the very least her fate needs to be uncovered. Someone out there knows - it is just a matter of connecting with that particular person. I, for one, am not going to stop until I've pursued all avenues - twice! Like I said, I feel a special connection with Judy, and I just know she's the kind of girl I would have loved to have been friends with, gone dancing with, and stayed up late walking NYC's streets and talking about life and love with. She truly is a kindred spirit.

There are tears streaming down my face right now.

THANK YOU! We were hoping - when the LI Press article came out - because it's a free paper, especially, that there would be some miraculous breakthrough in the case. That somehow, someone who knew her would recognize one of the photos - anything really.

That you have reached out, talked to people, I am just overwhelmed with gratitude. It means so much.

I think you would have enjoyed Judy. She was the person who would be ok, let's go, let's go, let's GO! and would get you riled up, exicted. Happy to have a pulse that day. And, I bet she would have enjoyed you too. The people who most touched her were loyal and steady - though she didn't always tell them that.

AR was from the City - and some have speculated that he was the reason she ran away to the city. It's not clear to me whether she lived in the village with him or not. GOD I WISH I KNEW THOSE BOYS NAMES!

Anyway, thank you. Thank you.

سلمان العراقي was added by Maureen Sanchez.
Like · · Unfollow Post · 8 hours ago

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003329866211

I don't know if my parents have any of the phone bills still?? The companies who stored that data I'm sure have LONG destroyed it - back before Ma Bell got chopped up and put back together.

whoever this person is -- I sent a private message thanking him/her for joining - s/he has me blocked now and has left the group.

Can any of you see the person - do any of you know any arabic? Help?

I found this posted by the same person or name:

سلمان العراقي
IRAQ/ 5th of Safarr 1433 A.H. 30th December 2011:
Military Trainers and Security Companies are continuation of Polluting the Iraqi Land and Sky.
Obeying Sayyid al-Hasany call, all prayers including men, women, and children demonstrated against the military trainers and security companies carrying banners denouncing occupation settlement in all its images. Prayers raised slogans against the occupyi...ng security companies carrying some banners denouncing occupation settlement in all its images and demanding their withdrawal.
Then prayers demonstrated against the occupying security companies and military trainers carrying some banners denouncing occupation settlement in all its images and demanding its withdrawal as it is the reason of all problems in Iraq.
Then all prayers shouted loudly:
No, No all images of occupation
No, No all types of occupation
No, No American security companies
No, No American trainers
No, No all occupation titles
‫العراق الديوانية خروج تظاهرة رافضة لبقاء الشركات الامنية والمدربين الجمعة 30 12 2011‬‎ - YouTube
Diwaniya / City Centre
http://www.al-hasany.com/vb/showthread.php?t=306999
Basrah / City Center
http://www.al-hasany.com/vb/showthread.php?t=307043
Karbala / City Centre
http://www.al-hasany.com/vb/showthread.php?t=307041
Najaf al-Ashraf / City Centre
http://www.al-hasany.com/vb/showthread.php?t=306992
Syria / al-Sham
http://www.al-hasany.com/vb/showthread.php?t=306991
Thi Qar / City Center
http://www.al-hasany.com/vb/showthread.php?t=307050
Missan / City Center
http://www.al-hasany.com/vb/showthread.php?t=307049
Kut / City Center
http://www.al-hasany.com/vb/showthread.php?t=307047
Hilla / City Center
http://www.al-hasany.com/vb/showthread.php?t=307044
Samawa / City Centre
http://www.al-hasany.com/vb/showthread.php?t=307003

Now, this is just getting very interesting to me!

Why would this guy, sign up and then disappear?
Perhaps he was on the wrong site and it was a mistake, but why join to start with?

Maybe he knows something and wanted to see what you knew, when you contacted him, you scared him away?

Or perhaps it was your sister or someone that knew her and was trying to send a message?

Hmmmm

Now, this is just getting very interesting to me!

Why would this guy, sign up and then disappear?
Perhaps he was on the wrong site and it was a mistake, but why join to start with?

Maybe he knows something and wanted to see what you knew, when you contacted him, you scared him away?

Or perhaps it was your sister or someone that knew her and was trying to send a message?

Hmmmm

we're on the same page. He joined the "old" group -- both groups you have to ask to join, I added this person, send the "how did you find out, and welcome" message, then gone -- the account appears to have been deleted.

Crap. How do I use this information? Iraq was heating up in the late 70s -- what do I do? It hurts to think that I may have turned away a friend -- or worse, that person is in danger for trying to help me??

we're on the same page. He joined the "old" group -- both groups you have to ask to join, I added this person, send the "how did you find out, and welcome" message, then gone -- the account appears to have been deleted.

Crap. How do I use this information? Iraq was heating up in the late 70s -- what do I do? It hurts to think that I may have turned away a friend -- or worse, that person is in danger for trying to help me??

I would focus on the end result. I am trying to find more info on where that came from

Salman Iraqi that is where it is from and that is what it translates into.

a friend of mine on my facebook page translated it like this: Salman Iraqi

Others with the name Salman Iraq. Salman, Iraq. "Civil servant". College of Engineering. Salman, Iraq. "I do not work now." The secondary. Salman Iraqi palace ...

I wonder - if they saw our chatter and were wondering that the chatter was about ? (and that's why the join?) or if it's something else, like what you eluded to above?

Perhaps contact the Embassy in Iraq to see if there are any reports of any women that might be held there or live there that might have contacted them that resemble your sister

a friend of mine on my facebook page translated it like this: Salman Iraqi

Others with the name Salman Iraq. Salman, Iraq. "Civil servant". College of Engineering. Salman, Iraq. "I do not work now." The secondary. Salman Iraqi palace ...

I wonder - if they saw our chatter and were wondering that the chatter was about ? (and that's why the join?) or if it's something else, like what you eluded to above?

If what I feel is correct, then that very well may be the case

If what I feel is correct, then that very well may be the case

here's the email I sent. I hope there's some traction ??
subject: Can you help me - my sister has been missing 31 years, and I feel like this is the first break in the case
Hi - Thanks for opening my email. My sister, Judith Erin O'Donnell,
was a spirited youth turned runaway, who was last seen by our family
in person on 11-30-1980. She was subsequently seen on TV by family
on January 20th 1981 (Reagan's first inaugural) and at the NYC transit
strike in 1981 (December) and has not been seen or heard from since.
It has been an excrutiating journey trying to find her - dead or
alive.

Last week Judy's was the spotlight case on a website called
"websleuths" where there was discussion about girls who were sold into
the sex trade, specifically to the Sultan of Brunei, and then suddenly
an Iraqi joined one of Judy's facebook groups. I sent an email,
asking how s/he found out about the group - I really wanted to know -
because I want to reach as many as possible - but also wanted to know
more about this person - and thanking him/her for joining.

I went to look at the person again today, and the profile was gone.

I'm concerned that perhaps this person is trying to send me a message
- good or bad - about my sister, or that it WAS my sister but she was
found out and her account was terminated. Can you help me? Please?
I'm happy to help with any details you need - date of birth, SSN,
press articles, etc. i don't want someone to be in danger because
they're trying to help me?

Judy's facebook page is facebook.com/lookingforjudy and the websleuths
thread is: MD MD - Judith Erin O'Donnell, 19, Baltimore, 30 Nov 1980 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

The person in question is:

حائط
معلومات
صور
الأصدقاء
الاشتراكات (3)
إضافة صديقأرسل رسالة
سلمان العراقي
"مدرس"دهوك
إن سلمان العراقي
موجود في فيس بوك.
للتواصل مع سلمان,
‏ قم بالتسجيل في فيس بوك اليوم.
التسجيل
مجاني و مفتوح للجميع. هل أنت عضو بالفعل؟ تسجيل الدخول.
خطأ سلمان العراقي حاول مرة أخرى

آخرون يحملون اسم سلمان العراقي‏

سلمان العراقي
"موظف حكومي"
كلية الهندسة

سلمان العراقي
"لا اعمل الان"
الثانويه

سلمان العراقي السراي
المزيد
أشخاص آخرون يحملون الاسم نفسه

محمد المحامي العراقي
المزيد
النشاطات والاهتمامات
غير ذلك
تعارف للزواج
دليل فيس لوك
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

and here is where the profile USED TO exist - maybe you can still get
there, and it's only blocked here in the states?

سلمان العراقي was added by Maureen Sanchez.
Like · · Unfollow Post · 8 hours ago

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003329866211

thank you SO MUCH. I so appreciate your help.

Maureen O'Donnell Sanchez

Interesting that this person joined the group and left quickly. The rough translation from Arabic to English goes like this:

Translate

Salman Iraqi
"Teacher" of Dohuk
Salman said that the Iraqi
Is on Facebook.
To connect with Salman,
Join
Free and open to all. Are you already a member? Log on.
Iraqi Salman error try again

Others with the name Salman Iraqi

Salman Iraqi
"Civil servant"
College of Engineering

Salman Iraqi
"I do not work now."
Secondary

Salman Iraqi palace
More
Other people have the same name

Iraqi lawyer Mohammed
More
Activities and interests
Other
Long relationship of marriage
Vis-Luc Guide

Google translation from the Arabic. Not sure how useful this is.

eleph

Facebook and her website. Sending you the links in a private message not sure if they are allowed here for not.

The pr person called me back today. Not able to help, but that she called me back tells me I'm doing something right. I touched her. And she touched me. That may not make sense - but really, truly, the universe is watching out for Judy!

judy i have been following the thread and all the posts i wish i had something to add i was born in august of 81. i love the 80s and everything about it. i hope and pray that you are getting the answers you are looking for. nyc is one of my favorite places to visit i live about 2 hrs away by train or car to the city and visit it often but have never been in the areas your sister hung out

you said something about the fbi maybe and trying to find out if ur sister was alive or dead and they could not give you an answer weather yes or no. have you filled out the freedom of information act on your sister to get anything and everything that they have on your sister?. that might help you start, also any word on the jane doe they found with the ring in nyc?. call them up and tell them you are still waiting to find out if its your sister be persistent with them tell them you want to know when you will find out if its her or not so i can continue my search.

there are collectors out there of the inauguration balls look for message boards about the ball of that year ask anyone if they have tapes or copies of the one you are looking for don't give up on that.

i know your parents don'y speak much about your sister but could they be hiding something. like they know what happened to her or know where she may be? or know more about her dissaperince that you and the pd know?

judy i have been following the thread and all the posts i wish i had something to add i was born in august of 81. i love the 80s and everything about it. i hope and pray that you are getting the answers you are looking for. nyc is one of my favorite places to visit i live about 2 hrs away by train or car to the city and visit it often but have never been in the areas your sister hung out

you said something about the fbi maybe and trying to find out if ur sister was alive or dead and they could not give you an answer weather yes or no. have you filled out the freedom of information act on your sister to get anything and everything that they have on your sister?. that might help you start, also any word on the jane doe they found with the ring in nyc?. call them up and tell them you are still waiting to find out if its your sister be persistent with them tell them you want to know when you will find out if its her or not so i can continue my search.

there are collectors out there of the inauguration balls look for message boards about the ball of that year ask anyone if they have tapes or copies of the one you are looking for don't give up on that.

i know your parents don'y speak much about your sister but could they be hiding something. like they know what happened to her or know where she may be? or know more about her dissaperince that you and the pd know?

The FOIA office at the US Marshal's office was not able to provide any information. Sent them the same letter simultaneously. The FBI and Interpol both have open cases (cold, but open) on her, to the best of my knowledge.

The Midtown doe case remains a mystery, despite repeated attempts to get the results, still nothing. It's MAD.DEN.ING! Thanks for your support.

I've long suspected that my parents know something -- something -- who knows what? but I can't prove anything, and they remain largely silent on the issue. Just something they won't discuss.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back