Media Exposure - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been following some discussions regarding the recently released Rodney Alcala pictures and as such, I bumped into a very popular tv program and blog in Italy called "Chi l'ha visto" which (roughly) translates into "Who has seen it?" They look for information about people with amnesia, missing people, people searching for those who have disappeared, mysterious circumstances, etc...It's a very popular tv show and coincidentally someone recently posted about it on yet another thread as the information on a jane doe (not in any way possibly related to Anna) was posted in English. This would definitely be something worth pursuing in Italy as I think it would provide the broadest media coverage possible. If someone can provide me with a brief write-up in English, I will try to work on a translation so that we could send both an English as well as Italian version for their consideration. Please keep in mind, that my personal situation may not allow me to work on this for a couple of weeks but I will check in and do what I can when I can!

Here is their main page:

http://www.chilhavisto.rai.it/dl/clv/index.html

And here are some of their blog summaries:

http://www.chilhavisto.rai.it/dl/cl...k-acac2ac7-e10c-436f-85df-52f5ccc87d1d-0.html

http://www.chilhavisto.rai.it/dl/cl...k-6a0f1610-547d-415f-8148-46128b0e6af6-0.html

ETA - Top right hand corner...A "translate" button will appear. If you don't read Italian, press it. : )

I think it takes time for an idea to evolve and take form. Even though there was a note and a TWA cc and travel, to fully realize she could be in Italy takes time. Raf and Pink maybe you could work together to make this happen? I think Italy is the next step, no? Yes? Even if she went to Italy, she may even know English as a second language, it is possible, but I think this show is a great idea! If she has even a slight idea she is adopted, she will be looking for things.

ps I find it fascinating that we post something and each one builds on the idea and takes it to a higher level here...

to contact the italian program "Chi l'ha visto?" is easy; the editorial staff speaking english also, it is possible to send a email (8262 @ rai.it NO SPACES please)
or a little movie explaining the case; if Annasmom need of assistance I am here...
raf

to contact the italian program "Chi l'ha visto?" is easy; the editorial staff speaking english also, it is possible to send a email (8262 @ rai.it NO SPACES please)
or a little movie explaining the case; if Annasmom need of assistance I am here...
raf
Me too.

I have many rehearsals this week and next week, so if someone is able to send them one of Gina's videos, I would appreciate it a lot. Thanks so much for your offers of help, Raf and Pink Panther.

Just my opinion....
it is better to prepare:
-a resume in italian language abt Anna case, because it need explaining why you are searching Anna in Italy;
-and a cover letter also;
if the editorial staff is interested will reply and so we can give more infos, as a well the movie...
your suggestions?
All the best,
raf

I have many rehearsals this week and next week, so if someone is able to send them one of Gina's videos, I would appreciate it a lot. Thanks so much for your offers of help, Raf and Pink Panther.
Are you referring to the youtube videos that are posted in our sticky above???

I'm sure that is what she means Pink Panther. I like the combo of idea's. Gina's video's but someone may need to translate to Italian. then the cover letter and and an explaination of why we are searching for Anna in Italy.
Hopefully one of you two, you or raf, can do that since no one else (that I know of) can speak or write Italian.

thanks!

I'm sure that is what she means Pink Panther. I like the combo of idea's. Gina's video's but someone may need to translate to Italian. then the cover letter and and an explaination of why we are searching for Anna in Italy.
Hopefully one of you two, you or raf, can do that since no one else (that I know of) can speak or write Italian.

thanks!
I speak Italian fluently but I'm not very good at writing it.

Thanks. Maybe raf can translate the video's if she has time.

Thanks. Maybe raf can translate the video's if she has time.

I wrote a brief story and had Yahoo's translator put it into Italian. However, I know from experience that these on-line translations are full of mistakes (I caught the first one, which translated Anna's name into the "Christian waters of Anna".) So we need Raf or someone who writes good Italian to edit the story before it goes anywhere. Regarding sending it to the Italian show, I simply cannot figure this out, so I hope one of you can.

Anna Christian Waters, sopportate a San Francisco, la California il 25 settembre 1967, sono sparito dalla sua Half Moon Bay vicina domestica, la California il 16 gennaio 1973. Il suo caso è uno di più vecchi casi aperti sull'annotazione ed è considerato un rapimento possibile. Incarta a sinistra dal suo padre, che ora è morto, indicano una possibilità che Anna è stata presa in Italia ed è stata adottata da una famiglia italiana.
Un di cinque anni intelligente ed effervescente, Anna ha vissuto in una zona rurale 45 miglia di sud di San Francisco con la sua madre, il patrigno e due fratellastri. Ha cominciato l'asilo in Half Moon Bay nel settembre 1972. Martedì il 16 gennaio, lo scuolabus la ha caduta fuori davanti alla sua casa nell'inizio di pomeriggio. La sua famiglia e due amici stavano conversando nel salone. Anna è cambiato in vestiti del gioco ed è uscito il portello posteriore e nel cortile posteriore a paga.
Circa quindici minuti più successivamente, la sua madre è diventato difficile perché non ha sentito suoni dall'iarda. È andato all'esterno ed ha denominato e quando non ha ottenuto risposta, ha denominato gli altri adulti, che hanno cominciato a osservare intorno all'azienda agricola ed a richiedere Anna.
Sono stato allarmati e denominato l'ufficio del San Mateo dello sceriffo della contea, che immediatamente ha trasmesso un'automobile, ha suonato la loro sirena ed unito la ricerca. Un ospite che lo ha detto ha accolto Anna mentre si è avvicinato alla parte anteriore della casa è stato interrogato e detto stato lui aveva veduto niente di sospettoso tranne un furgone bianco che trasporta un uomo anziano e un giovane che sono sembrato eccessivamente amichevoli. Questo ospite, l'ultima persona per vedere Anna, ha unito la ricerca.
Una squadra e gli operatori subacquei dell'elicottero sono stati denominati. Gli operatori subacquei hanno cercato l'insenatura di Purisima, che ha funzionato dietro la proprietà qui vicino. La famiglia ed i delegati hanno continuato a cercare i motivi fino al tramonto ed hanno inviato una vigilanza durante la notte. In giorni che seguono, gli amici, i vicini, le squadre dall'accampamento di onore, gli esploratori dell'esploratore ed i pescatori professionisti hanno continuato la ricerca. Il giornale locale ha denominato il caso “la più grande ricerca nella storia di Coastside.„
Il padre della Anna, un medico che si esercita a San Francisco, è stato interrogato e studiato stato per quanto riguarda la sua scomparsa, ma niente è trovato stato allora collegarlo al caso. Dopo la sua morte determinati anni più successivamente, tuttavia, le note sono state trovate fra le sue carte che indicano “il programma„, la data del 16 gennaio 1973 e una chiamata al consolato italiano.
L'amico e un grande gruppo della Anna di ricercatori riservati che sono collegati nel gruppo del Internet denominato WebSleuths stanno studiando la possibilità di un collegamento italiano alla scomparsa della Anna. Tutta l'informazione per quanto riguarda questo caso dovrebbe essere diretta verso l'associazione nazionale di sig.na e dei bambini sfruttati (caso Mo. NCMC601936 1-800-8435678) o alla tribuna di WebSleuths, www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f+1004

Dear Annasmom,
I need just a little free time and I will write the right and brief letter for italian program; after you will send it, because you are the mother... the letter must be brief with essntial data and the why you are searching in Italy for Anna...
we will wait the reply and after we can decide the better option... I believe that a short movie of you in english but with italian subtitles or a similar thing ... it could be helpful... because if Anna is in Italy it is better if she can look you... however we can decide after the italian program reply... just a little free time and I will write the right letter.. I helped the program in the last January finding a people in UK.....
raf

Annasmom, Raf - If you'd like I can try to do a draft translation from the youtube video and then maybe you could check it Raf? Please let me know as I don't want to start this if you don't think that it's worthwhile.

Hi All,

I just wanted to say what a fantastic idea this is to contact the Italian media. Good on you Pink for thinking of it.

Annasmom, Raf - If you'd like I can try to do a draft translation from the youtube video and then maybe you could check it Raf? Please let me know as I don't want to start this if you don't think that it's worthwhile.
Of course this is fine with me. I just have no idea how this works technically. I also have a short DVD of the bus trip, but how to transmit it? Raf says it would be good to have my face on there, but of course I don't look the way I did 30-something years ago, alas. The bus DVD has shots of me and Anna's brothers.

Of course this is fine with me. I just have no idea how this works technically. I also have a short DVD of the bus trip, but how to transmit it? Raf says it would be good to have my face on there, but of course I don't look the way I did 30-something years ago, alas. The bus DVD has shots of me and Anna's brothers.

Hi - Such a good idea. If you have DVD of the bus trip, then you would 'featured' as you were back then right? And just add, in all honesty, I still think you look almost the same. A child recalls features, and features overall are the same, esp. your lovely smile! You want to know how to transfer the DVD to what?

Hi - Such a good idea. If you have DVD of the bus trip, then you would 'featured' as you were back then right? And just add, in all honesty, I still think you look almost the same. A child recalls features, and features overall are the same, esp. your lovely smile! You want to know how to transfer the DVD to what?
You're so sweet! I guess it needs to go into some kind of portable format if the letter, etc., is going to Italy by e-mail. I have Toast software, but am not sure whether it could convert a DVD into some kind of e-mail-able format. I'm really not very savvy when it comes to technology.

Who is Gina? Is she still posting here? If raf and I manage to do a translation of the video (I'm referring to the third one posted on the social media thread), could she (Gina) possibly substitute her English pages with our translation??? Are you guys ok with using the third youtube video that I posted on the social media thread???

ETA - The third youtube of post #3 here:

Facebook -MySpace- Social networking pages for Anna - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I think it would be fantastick if we could do this in Italian!

hi pink,
I prepared the letter in italian and hosted it at this my link http://matera.site.voila.fr/Anna.doc

-please to translate in english and post it here so Annasmom/dr Doogie can read it and to say if is good or if it are some my error.
If Annasmom agree, she can complete it with own address etc and send it to:
8262 @ rai.it
NO SPACES
with email subject: Aiutatemi a trovare mia figlia Anna

all the best,
raf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online