Media Links Only - No Discussion

JOLIET, Ill. -- State police have revoked the firearms owner's identification card of Drew Peterson, a former Bolingbrook police officer suspected in his wife's disappearance, officials announced Wednesday. The revocation means Peterson can no longer legally own guns.
http://tinyurl.com/2aog5e

February 27, 2008

Drew Peterson's gun card revoked

Chigcago Tribune - "Meanwhile, while Brodsky and Peterson flew to New York for his third appearance on the NBC show, Brodsky's law partner, Reem Odeh, questioned the way the case was being managed.

"I'm concerned that there's more emphasis and more of an effort to cater to the media frenzy than there is to looking into the issues surrounding the investigations," Odeh said. "It just seems to me that when there's nothing going on with the investigation and things are quiet in the media, it seems like sometimes either Joel or Drew says something to start the media frenzy all over again."

Brodsky has mounted an aggressive campaign for media coverage, including interviews with national TV shows.

Asked whether she discussed those issues with Brodsky, Odeh said, "Absolutely. I don't think it's appropriate. I think it is in the client's best interest to keep it quiet and focus on the case. But he just says the case is going to make us famous and we're all going to get book deals."

Odeh said she plans to meet with Peterson soon and explain to him that she believes he should behave in a more professional manner, and if that doesn't happen, she'll push to have him dropped as a client."

February 28, 2008

Peterson's sons to testify before grand jury

"ABC News has learned Peterson's sons with his third wife, Kathleen Savio, have been granted immunity, so they have to testify."

Drew Peterson: ‘I’m prepared for anything’
Former police officer speaks out about missing wife, death of third wife

Today Show
By Mike Celizic

"While continuing to assert that he had nothing to do with the death of one wife and the disappearance of another, Drew Peterson said he’s mentally prepared to be charged and put on trial in connection with one or both cases.

“I’m prepared for anything,” Peterson told TODAY’s Matt Lauer in an exclusive interview on Thursday.""

Video of Today Show interview included at that link.

Drew Peterson says he's psychologically ready to be arrested
Former Bolingbrook cop again appears on 'Today' show

Peterson Still Maintains He Did Nothing To Wives
Juror On Kathleen Savio's 2004 Inquest Apologizes For Coroner's Ruling

"Jim Pretto told the ABC program "Good Morning America" that there was not enough evidence presented in 2004 to back up claims by the woman's family that she had been murdered."

Peterson denies role in Savio's death, disappearance of wife

February 29, 2008

Peterson's sons to face grand jury

By JOE HOSEY

BOLINGBROOK -- "The state police welshed on Drew Peterson, the lawyer for the suspected killer said Thursday, and moved to drag his teenage sons before a grand jury after assuring him otherwise.

"They're already been interviewed at length by the child advocacy center," Peterson's attorney, Joel Brodsky said of the ex-cop's teenage sons, Thomas and Kristopher. "Drew allowed that so they wouldn't have to go before the grand jury.

"They've doing it anyway," Brodsky said. "So they're going back on their word.""

With a beard and calmer manner, Drew Peterson tries to show his softer side
By Erika Slife

"Before appearing on NBC's "Today" show Thursday, Drew Peterson had a conversation with his recently hired publicist: Maybe it was time for the public to see another side of Drew.

"He's a nice guy. He's a normal guy, and that's what people needed to see. I wasn't creating someone that he wasn't. I just want people to see another side of him," said publicist Glenn Selig. "I think it has begun.""

"But even Carcerano acknowledged Peterson could have his work cut out for him changing public perception.

"He shouldn't have gone on TV looking so scruffy because of what the public could interpret," Carcerano said."

The first large-scale fundraiser in honor of Stacy Peterson raised more than $11,000 to aid in the search for the missing Bolingbrook mother Sunday.

About 300 people attended the fundraiser at 115 Bourbon St., 3359 W. 115th St., Merrionette Park. All proceeds from ticket sales, raffles and auctions, will go toward funding continued search efforts when weather allows.

http://www.mysuburbanlife.com/bolingbrook/homepage/x257798891

Drew Peterson's teenage sons once again avoided an appearance before the grand jury, their father said Wednesday.

The two young men -- Thomas, 15, and Kristopher, 13 -- were served last week with subpoenas but would not be called to appear at the scheduled session Thursday.

Peterson's attorney, Joel Brodsky, confirmed that postponement but declined to comment.

On Wednesday, Brodsky said the Peterson sons are being represented by Chicago attorney Robert Novelle. Novelle failed to return a call for comment. Brodsky credited Novelle for the postponement.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/828342,JO05_PETERSON_WEB.article

The original autopsy for Kathleen Savio declared her death an accident. Now investigators say it's a homicide, and the original coroner is under fire.

That coroner is speaking out Thursday for the first time, exclusively to CBS 2 West Suburban Bureau Chief Mike Puccinelli.

And the attorney for Savio and missing woman Stacy Peterson is breaking his silence.

http://cbs2chicago.com/westsuburbanbureau/kathleen.savio.peterson.2.671627.html

Drew Peterson says he had no idea that just days before his wife Stacy disappeared she had contacted the same attorney who represented his previous wife in their divorce.

"I was pretty shocked," Peterson, 54, said Friday when asked for his reaction to the attorney's comments.

Harry Smith, a Wheaton attorney who represented Peterson's third wife, Kathleen Savio, in their divorce, said Friday that Stacy Peterson, 23, called him in late October to inquire about a divorce from her husband of four years, but did not retain his services.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-drew-peterson-both_08mar08,0,6223966.story

But Drew claims he found it after her death

While she was divorcing Drew Peterson, Kathleen Savio said she didn't have a will, her former lawyer said Friday.

Attorney Harry Smith's statement raises new questions about a two-page, handwritten will that Drew Peterson unveiled 15 days after his ex-wife drowned in her bathtub in 2004.

The will -- dated March 2, 1997 -- named Peterson's uncle James B. Carroll as executor of Savio's estate. Carroll later awarded Peterson control of virtually all of Savio's assets, although Peterson and his third wife already had divorced.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/peterson/832553,CST-NWS-boling08.article

The Dana Pretzer Show On Scared Monkeys Radio - Listen Live ...
[SIZE=-1]By Scared Monkeys [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Former Bolingbrook, Illinois Police Sergeant Drew Peterson and his attorney Joel Brodsky[/SIZE]

Dana gives us a taste of what’s ahead tonight on The Dana Pretzer Show. Listen Live Tuesday night at a special time - 8PM Eastern, 7PM Central, 6PM Mountain, 5PM Pacific.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nerak80
Back