GUILTY MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, Oxford High School shooting, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents* *teen and both parents guilty* #7

Both attorneys continue to harp on ONE act of negligence resulting in four deaths by the shooter, not four acts of gross negligence. No pattern of negligence. Not four acts of negligence.

State arguing that there is a pattern of negligence. Buying the gun, not securing it, etc.

Judge rules it's correctly scored.

SS is arguing about what was presented in the media. Regarding when their clients were, um, in a warehouse that wasn't a warehouse.

SS is saying she should have had professional courtesy ahead of the arrests.

SS is arguing about a text.

They were supposed to turn themselves in, period. Judge is schooling SS, LE is not required to notify the attorney first.

Mr. Crumbley' attorney is arguing against what he said, was not a threat, was venting. Additionally, he wasn't fleeing at the time of arrest.

Judge has the thumb drive of the threats. Offers to play them.

State cites "interfering with ... justice"....and believes Mr. Crumbley is rightly scored.

State upholds the scoring.

The Crumbleys have left the courtroom ahead of victim impact statements.

SS is irritating. It seems like she’s posturing for the media at times. I can’t listen to the impact statements. It’s too hard. I’ll just follow here. I’m eager to see how much time the judge gives them. I like the judge’s assertive manner this morning. I don’t think she needs to throw the book at them but I don’t think time served is appropriate either. I think she’ll go with 5 years. They’ve already done 2 and will be out in less than 3 years. JMO

MOO

At the risk of offering an unpopular opinion --

As I look at the Crumbleys, I'm struck by how ordinary they are.... yet awaiting sentencing for what their teen did. It's unprecedented and it's remarkable. How many homes are just like theirs? Too many.

Imagine if every set of parents was held to account for what their children did or didn't do, courtrooms plugged with parents charged with bad parenting. Maybe it's what we need. A revolution of parents exposed for negligence, laziness, distraction, ill equipment, etc, etc.

Being checked out carries a price tag.

I imagine it's a matter of degree. Nobody gets parenting exactly right, most parents are under qualified, many doing the best they can, others scarcely trying. It's not a crime to fall short. It is a crime to throw your child to the wolves, with a loaded weapon.

I recall a quote from Crininal Minds, fitting somehow.

They mess you up, your mom and dad. They may not mean to, but they do. They fill you with the faults they had, and add some extra, just for you - Philip Larkin.

Hotch

Last edited:
Huh?
How can EC shooting 4 separate times killing 4 students not be considered as 4 separate acts?
They were saying it's not four counts of gross negligence. One count resulting in four deaths where the shooter chose four.

Reactions: IDK
Was that their choice or they had to?
I think they needed to be secured. Everyone else is moving freely about the courtroom during this break. Feed is still live. SS took the opportunity to freshen up her makeup.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim
Back