GUILTY MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, Oxford High School shooting, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents* *teen and both parents guilty* #7

"Asked about the threats Friday, McDonald said that “he made a lot of threats” but that she didn’t want to elaborate because she didn’t want to give him more attention.

“I just don’t think it’s important to talk about," McDonald said then."

This looks like the most we can basically expect to learn about the threats.

Before going to trial, James Crumbley threatened Oakland County Prosecutor Karen McDonald in jail communications with his sister, the Free Press has learned from multiple sources.

Specifically, the now-convicted father went off to his sister about how he was going to make it his goal in life to destroy McDonald, the sources said. According to a source close to the prosecutor's office, the threats included James Crumbley allegedly saying things like she was going to hell soon, she better be scared and she was done.

These alleged threats occurred in multiple phone calls dating to 2022 — with most occurring in 2023

This looks like the most we can basically expect to learn about the threats.

Before going to trial, James Crumbley threatened Oakland County Prosecutor Karen McDonald in jail communications with his sister, the Free Press has learned from multiple sources.

Specifically, the now-convicted father went off to his sister about how he was going to make it his goal in life to destroy McDonald, the sources said. According to a source close to the prosecutor's office, the threats included James Crumbley allegedly saying things like she was going to hell soon, she better be scared and she was done.

These alleged threats occurred in multiple phone calls dating to 2022 — with most occurring in 2023
Well it sure took the sheriff/LE long enough to take away his email/phone privileges.

Threatening the prosecutor on recorded jail calls??? These parents are looking guiltier by the second the more we hear of their actions behind the scenes. No sympathy from me. His wife says she wouldn’t change a thing and he’s threatening a prosecutor!! Just wow!

Oakland County Prosecutor Karen McDonald's office said Wednesday it plans to address alleged threats made by James Crumbley, the father of the 2021 Oxford High School mass shooter, to McDonald in a sentencing memo for his recent manslaughter convictions...

"To be clear, those threats were directly addressed to the prosecutor by name, telling her what was going to happen to her when he is released. Those threats are serious, and they also reflect a lack of remorse and a continued refusal to take accountability for his part in the deaths of Hana, Madisyn, Tate, and Justin," the prosecutor's office said in a statement.

McDonald's office said prosecutors plan to address the alleged threats in a sentencing memo to Oakland County Circuit Judge Cheryl Matthews, who has scheduled James Crumbley's sentencing for the manslaughter convictions for April 9...

OXFORD, Mich. – The Oakland County Prosecutor’s Office released this week internal documents that show agreements reached with two Oxford High School staff members who are not facing charges in connection with the mass shooting.

Prosecutors are publicly sharing the details of so-called proffer agreements made with Nick Ejak, former dean of students at Oxford High School, and Shawn Hopkins, a high school counselor currently on leave. Both Ejak and Hopkins interacted with the Oxford shooter on the day of the massacre, and have testified about their experiences several times.

Neither Ejak nor Hopkins will face criminal charges, despite some believing the pair had opportunities to prevent the Nov. 30, 2021, shooting. The Oakland County Prosecutor’s Office has maintained that it won’t bring charges against any Oxford staff or administrators, who are protected by governmental immunity.

But it’s important to understand that the recently-released proffer agreements, which were signed on Jan. 5, 2022, have nothing to do with immunity. The language used in the agreements shows the prosecutor’s office wanted testimony from Ejak and Hopkins, but would not offer them any deals...

LAPEER, Mich. – A segregated area of a Lapeer County prison went into lockdown Tuesday due to a fight between the Oxford High School shooter and a fellow teenage inmate.

On Tuesday, March 19, the now-17-year-old shooter got into a fight with another 17-year-old prisoner at the Thumb Correctional Facility in Lapeer, according to the Michigan Department of Corrections. The fight broke out in the evening in the prison’s housing unit, reportedly triggering a lockdown in that particular unit.

Prison housing units are kept separate from the general population. It’s believed the shooter is lodged in a unit that’s specifically meant for juveniles, or those under 18 years old.

The shooter was taken to the hospital, evaluated, and then released back to the prison, officials said. It was unclear if either of the prisoners involved were injured at all.

MDOC did not say what led to the fight. Officials did say that no weapons were involved, and that prison staff were able to quickly break up the fight...

The 17-year-old Oxford High School shooter faces possible sanctions in prison after getting in a fight with another prisoner this week, receiving his third misconduct citation since arriving at the Lapeer prison in early December 2023.

The fight happened Tuesday evening at the Thumb Correctional Facility in Lapeer. Ethan Crumbley got in a fight with another 17-year-old in the prison's Youthful Housing Unit, said Kyle Kaminski, a spokesman for the Michigan Department of Corrections.

"Staff in the area responded and gained control of both prisoners," said Kaminski in an email. "The fight did not involve weapons and there were no serious injuries."

Crumbley, who fatally shot four classmates at his high school in 2021 and injured six others, was sentenced in December 2023 to life sentence without the chance of parole. He's been cited two other times for misconduct since arriving at the Thumb prison: for horseplay with another prisoner on Jan. 3 and for fighting with another prisoner on Jan. 7...

Three altercations with other inmates since his incarceration last December doesn't bode well for Ethan's appeal of his LWOP sentence. So much for his guardian ad litem suggesting that Ethan has changed in the last three years. Ethan's penchant for violence continues as evidenced by his conduct in prison. JMO

Three altercations with other inmates since his incarceration last December doesn't bode well for Ethan's appeal of his LWOP sentence. So much for his guardian ad litem suggesting that Ethan has changed in the last three years. Ethan's penchant for violence continues as evidenced by his conduct in prison. JMO

Can an inmate really avoid fights? More information is needed. He is going to have to establish his place in the prison hierarchy. One "misconduct" was "horseplay" (per above.) I'm not defending him, but maybe he is also struggling mentally with his parents' convictions.

When he turns 18 next month, Ethan will no longer be in a special wing of the prison for inmates under 18. Once he is in the facility with adults, there will likely be new challenges for Ethan. He seems to have difficulty avoiding confrontations with others. I don't know what the prison's definition of "horseplay" is, but Ethan received a citation for the incident, whatever it was. The most recent altercation caused both Ethan and the other inmate to be taken to a hospital for evaluation. If he's having difficulty getting along with inmates his own age (or younger), Ethan is going to have major issues when he's in gen pop. I'd be concerned about his safety and that of the other inmates. JMO

Last edited:
OXFORD, Mich. – The Oakland County Prosecutor’s Office released this week internal documents that show agreements reached with two Oxford High School staff members who are not facing charges in connection with the mass shooting.

Prosecutors are publicly sharing the details of so-called proffer agreements made with Nick Ejak, former dean of students at Oxford High School, and Shawn Hopkins, a high school counselor currently on leave. Both Ejak and Hopkins interacted with the Oxford shooter on the day of the massacre, and have testified about their experiences several times.

Neither Ejak nor Hopkins will face criminal charges, despite some believing the pair had opportunities to prevent the Nov. 30, 2021, shooting. The Oakland County Prosecutor’s Office has maintained that it won’t bring charges against any Oxford staff or administrators, who are protected by governmental immunity.

But it’s important to understand that the recently-released proffer agreements, which were signed on Jan. 5, 2022, have nothing to do with immunity. The language used in the agreements shows the prosecutor’s office wanted testimony from Ejak and Hopkins, but would not offer them any deals...
Wow, so they were offered proffer agreements in exchange for their testimony. No wonder the families are angry.

When he turns 18 next month, Ethan will no longer be in a special wing of the prison for inmates under 18. Once he is in the facility with adults, there will likely be new challenges for Ethan. He seems to have difficulty avoiding confrontations with others. I don't know what the prison's definition of "horseplay" is, but Ethan received a citation for the incident, whatever it was. The most recent altercation caused both Ethan and the other inmate to be taken to a hospital for evaluation. If he's having difficulty getting along with inmates his own age (or younger), Ethan is going to have major issues when he's in gen pop. I'd be concerned about his safety and that of the other inmates. JMO
I always respect your posts. But....I am not concerned for his safety. I posted before sentencing that he could not be trusted to acheive rehabilitation. He is a danger to society and, evidently, a danger to his own ability to appeal. He should never be released so that he can not hurt anyone else. MOO

Can an inmate really avoid fights? More information is needed. He is going to have to establish his place in the prison hierarchy. One "misconduct" was "horseplay" (per above.) I'm not defending him, but maybe he is also struggling mentally with his parents' convictions.

Good points.

They are definitely concerned about his safety when he goes into the adult population. Because of what he did he has a target on his back and will end up in segregation for his own safety...2 Cents

Reactions: IDK
Because his victims were minors, or why exactly? I know he'll be a target simply because he's 18... It occurs to me he must be afraid of what's to come.

Being a school shooter. Also being notorious. Inmates don't pay attention to John Doe, never heard of him. But likely most MI inmates are aware of this MI school shooter. He "stands out" and many will recognize him.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thelittlebunny
Back