GUILTY MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, Oxford High School shooting, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents* *teen and both parents guilty* #7

What happened with Megan? Did she speak at any point? Is she still in prison?

I didn’t watch the whole trial.

She was on the prosecution witness list but was never called to testify. She was released for time served in July 2023.

2 Cents

Maximum sentence for both. Neither has shown remorse for their actions. I hope the Judge takes James' threats against the Prosecutor into consideration and mentions it during sentencing. JMO
Detroit News,interview with local lawyer who goes over James's threats,no remorse from either, SS wanting JC in her guest house and how these issues could affect sentencing.
Interesting possibilities that he brings up on the ridiculous/plain stupid request of the guest house, what if JC breaks her probation will her lawyer SS report her to probation, etc,?

He's going with the high- end numbers.

Video

...The parents and loved ones of the murdered children, along with others impacted by the crimes of James and Jennifer Crumbley, will be allowed to speak during Tuesday’s sentencing hearing before sentences are handed down. Those remarks are known as victim impact statements.

It was not immediately clear how many people would provide statements at the hearing...

...The parents and loved ones of the murdered children, along with others impacted by the crimes of James and Jennifer Crumbley, will be allowed to speak during Tuesday’s sentencing hearing before sentences are handed down. Those remarks are known as victim impact statements.

It was not immediately clear how many people would provide statements at the hearing...

Initially, I wondered why both JenC and JamesC were having their sentencing at the same time, it didn't seem right to me. But now I realize that this must be due to the fact that there will be victim impact statements and the court wouldn't want to make the victims give these statements twice. So I get it, even though it's not ideal for the defendants.

I would think it might be awkward if impact statements are made by family members of JenC and/or JamesC. But, then again, since the stakes are so high, I am sure that won't be an issue for the family members who may give statements.

Initially, I wondered why both JenC and JamesC were having their sentencing at the same time, it didn't seem right to me. But now I realize that this must be due to the fact that there will be victim impact statements and the court wouldn't want to make the victims give these statements twice. So I get it, even though it's not ideal for the defendants.

I would think it might be awkward if impact statements are made by family members of JenC and/or JamesC. But, then again, since the stakes are so high, I am sure that won't be an issue for the family members who may give statements.

They are called Victim Impact Statements, victims speak in court not the family of the defendant.

However, family of the defendant can write letters to the judge which happened with both Crumbleys.

2 Cents

Detroit News,interview with local lawyer who goes over James's threats,no remorse from either, SS wanting JC in her guest house and how these issues could affect sentencing.
Interesting possibilities that he brings up on the ridiculous/plain stupid request of the guest house, what if JC breaks her probation will her lawyer SS report her to probation, etc,?

He's going with the high- end numbers.

Video

Not probation, Jennifer is asking to serve her prison sentence on house arrest with a tether which would alert the court if she violates her house arrest. Drug and alcohol testing often is part of it.

2 Cents

I really do not like JC's attorney. But can't say she doesn't give it her all for her client. I don't think a cushy house arrest with all her needs taken care of is quite the sentence. I do believe no matter what the sentence is, community service for EXTENDED amount of time is needed as part of her parole/probation after. I think both of them did not take responsibility they should have. They had warning signs and were too busy in their own lives to worry about anyone else. As for the Megan relationship, I don't think i know what she was in jail for, but the fact that JC was 'waiting with a basket of goodies' for her is quite the norm and seems a little off to me. JMO

Not probation, Jennifer is asking to serve her prison sentence on house arrest with a tether which would alert the court if she violates her house arrest. Drug and alcohol testing often is part of it.

2 Cents
Are you saying that if Matthews lets JC live in SS's guest house under a house arrest with a tether JC wouldn't be on probation?

I really do not like JC's attorney. But can't say she doesn't give it her all for her client. I don't think a cushy house arrest with all her needs taken care of is quite the sentence. I do believe no matter what the sentence is, community service for EXTENDED amount of time is needed as part of her parole/probation after. I think both of them did not take responsibility they should have. They had warning signs and were too busy in their own lives to worry about anyone else. As for the Megan relationship, I don't think i know what she was in jail for, but the fact that JC was 'waiting with a basket of goodies' for her is quite the norm and seems a little off to me. JMO
IMO:
Putting either Crumbley out in the community to serve is beyond offensive to the deceased victims,victims that survived, families of all the victims and the community as a whole.

Michigan teen, Megan Imirowicz, 19, who killed her dad by ...

Daily Mail
https://www.dailymail.co.uk › news › article-12342793

Jul 27, 2023 — Megan Imirowicz, 19, was facing a potential life sentence for killing her father, Konrad Imirowicz, after burning him with a chemical drain ...

I think some of the victim impact statements were already made during Ethan's sentencing. For some people, this will be the second time that they give statements about their pain and suffering following the shootings at Oxford High School. I think the Judge did the right thing by having both convicted parents sentenced at the same time. The victims' families have been through enough and need to begin the process of healing from this tragic event. JMO

"Further prison time does nothing to protect society — Mrs. Crumbley is not a threat to the community," Smith wrote, adding: "Putting Mrs. Crumbley in prison does nothing to further deter others from committing like offenses. There is no person who would want the events of November 30, 2021, to repeat themselves."

What a desperate and ludicrous claim by Smith.
The Crumbley case and conviction was a clarion wake-up call to parents/adults throughtout the US that if they are as lax in monitoring their kids/teen's mental state, ignoring red flags and know the kid has access to firearms, no less purchase them one they too could be held criminally responsible and serve prison time if their kid injures/kills with it.

And this.
What a stupid,stupid claim.

All of a sudden potential school shooters are non-existent?

"There is no person who would want the events of November 30, 2021, to repeat themselves."

Are you saying that if Matthews lets JC live in SS's guest house under a house arrest with a tether JC wouldn't be on probation?
You are right.

She would be assigned a Probation Officer so it would be like Probation plus House Arrest. If you violate the terms of house arrest your probation officer will decide whether to give you a warning or order you to appear in court for a hearing.

But it might be considered Parole.

2 Cents

Last edited:
The threats James Crumbley made against the Oakland County prosecutor while in jail were not actual threats, but him venting to loved ones about the lack of an investigation done before he and his wife were charged, his attorney argued in a sentencing memorandum.

Mariell Lehman, Crumbley's attorney, said her client never threatened physical harm to Karen McDonald, despite what her office has said on at least four occasions. In the Friday court filing, she said calls in which he called her expletives and said he was "going down" were just him expressing frustration to family.

"Any statements made by Mr. Crumbley to his loved ones were done to vent his frustrations, not to interfere with the administration of justice or the rendering of emergency services," Lehman wrote, arguing that it was not fair to punish him in the sentencing guidelines assessment for this. "In reviewing the phone calls which are alleged to contain threats of physical harm, it is clear that Mr. Crumbley is venting to loved ones about his frustrations related to the lack of investigation done by the prosecution prior to authorizing charges against him and his wife."...

You are right.

She would be assigned a Probation Officer so it would be like Probation plus House Arrest. If you violate the terms of house arrest your probation officer will decide whether to give you a warning or order you to appear in court for a hearing.

But it might be considered Parole.

Probation and parole are similar concepts, but they are not the same. One difference between probation and parole is that you get probation instead of jail or prison time. Parole gets you released from incarceration before the end of your sentence. Both come with conditions you must obey.

2 Cents
For JC to be on parole she would have had to begun her sentence which she hasn't.
Smith is going for probation instead of jail time.

Last edited:
The threats James Crumbley made against the Oakland County prosecutor while in jail were not actual threats, but him venting to loved ones about the lack of an investigation done before he and his wife were charged, his attorney argued in a sentencing memorandum.

Mariell Lehman, Crumbley's attorney, said her client never threatened physical harm to Karen McDonald, despite what her office has said on at least four occasions. In the Friday court filing, she said calls in which he called her expletives and said he was "going down" were just him expressing frustration to family.

"Any statements made by Mr. Crumbley to his loved ones were done to vent his frustrations, not to interfere with the administration of justice or the rendering of emergency services," Lehman wrote, arguing that it was not fair to punish him in the sentencing guidelines assessment for this. "In reviewing the phone calls which are alleged to contain threats of physical harm, it is clear that Mr. Crumbley is venting to loved ones about his frustrations related to the lack of investigation done by the prosecution prior to authorizing charges against him and his wife."...
He addressed threats directly to McDonald and in one threat made on Sept. 23, 2022, he said, "Yeah, YOU *advertiser censored***** Karen McDonald. You're a *advertiser censored***** stupid b****. I hope you're listening to this, you *advertiser censored***** b****."

Other threats the prosecution released in the document include the following highlighted comments:

• "Well, she's going to be *advertiser censored***** sucking on a *advertiser censored***** hot rock down in hell soon." (Jail call on Dec. 6, 2022)
  • "Yeah, Karen McDonald, you're going down. Yeah. You stupid b******* at the jail. Go ahead, record this call, Send it to Karen McDonald. Tell her how James Crumbley is going to *advertiser censored***** take her down." (Jail call on Oct. 9, 2023)
  • "Yeah, *advertiser censored****** Karen McDonald. You're *advertiser censored**** when I get out." (Jail call on Dec. 20, 2023)
  • "There will be retribution, believe me." (Jail message on Dec. 23, 2023)
  • "I am *advertiser censored***** on a rampage, Karen. Yes, Karen McDonald. Your *advertiser censored** is going down and you better be *advertiser censored***** scared." (Jail call on Jan. 3, 2024)

For JC to be on parole she would have had to begun her sentence which she hasn't.
Smith is going for probation instead of jail time.

The judge could sentence her to a prison sentence but allow her to serve the sentence on parole instead of in prison because she has served 2 1/2 yrs already.

Or no prison time at all just parole with house arrest.

Example....

Probation
Judge sentences her to probarion instead of going to prison.

Parole
Judge sentences her to 5 years and she serves 2 in prison and 3 out on parole. She gets credit for time served, going on 2 1/2 years.

So a 5 year sentence would be like 2 1/2 years when counting the time served.

2 Cents

Last edited:
Just when you think Smith can't outdo her desperation <modsnip> defending her client there she blows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any guesses on the Crumbley's sentences?
Will Matthews sentence both the same?
If not,who gets the lighter one?
Will James get extra for his threats to McDonald?

I'd sentence them both to the prosecutors request of a minimum of 10 yrs.
I can see Matthews going with 8 though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror
Back