MI MI - Alexandra Brueger, 31, Fatally Shot While Jogging, Rose Twp, 30 Jul 2016 #5

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
Family, friends mourn slain jogger

Candice Williams and James David Dickson, The Detroit News 6:41 a.m. EDT August 2, 2016

Rose Township — Days after police said Alexandra Nicolette Brueger was fatally shot during her daily jog, family and friends are struggling to comprehend their loss.

“I’ll never understand who would want to take her life,” Sameera Buzo said in a Facebook post dedicated to her friend and former colleague.

Brueger, 31, was a registered nurse at Providence Park Hospital in Novi, according to friends and family.

“Alex was the happiest, wittiest, and kindest person I’ve ever had the privilege of knowing,” Buzo wrote. “She made the grueling night shifts bearable with her amazing sense of humor.” ...

Family, friends mourn slain jogger

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4

Last edited by a moderator:
Mystery surrounds Oakland County jogger's shooting death

Ally Brueger, 31, was shot while running along road in Rose Township

By Priya Mann - Reporter

Posted: 5:33 PM, August 01, 2016
Updated: 5:50 PM, August 01, 2016

ROSE TOWNSHIP, Mich. - Ally Brueger was jogging Saturday afternoon along a gravel road in Oakland County when she was shot and killed.

Neighbors in the tight-knit community of Holly Township describe Brueger as a young woman with a passion for life. She died doing something she loved.

"Oh my gosh, this girl was a religious runner," said Thais Peck, a family friend.

Brueger, 31, ran the same 10-mile route each day. Neighbors said they usually saw her jogging with headphones on. She was focused on the run.

"She just minded her own business. She had her blinders on, and she would run every day, never missing a day," said Peck...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...rrounds-oakland-county-joggers-shooting-death

Officials ID woman shot while jogging in Rose Township, seek tips on car seen during incident

By John Turk, The Oakland Press

Posted: 08/01/16, 11:00 AM EDT | Updated: 43 secs ago

Michigan State Police have identified a woman shot to death while jogging in Rose Township as the investigation into the slaying continues.

Alexandra Nicolette Brueger, 31, of Holly Township, was found just after 2:30 p.m. Saturday, July 30, on the front lawn of a home in the 11000 block of Fish Lake Road.

Brueger had been shot four times in the back by an unknown person, state troopers said...

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/gene...ownship-seek-tips-on-car-seen-during-incident

Jogger shot dead on Michigan road; police say sedan may be clue

By Fox 2 Detroit
Published August 01, 2016

Authorities are continuing to investigate after a female jogger was found shot to death on the side of the road in Rose Township, Michigan.

The 31-year-old's body was found Saturday on the front lawn of a home just after 2 p.m. State police Lt. Mike Shaw says it's possible that the woman, who has been identified as Alexandra Brueger, was familiar with the shooter.

Shaw says Brueger's relatives said she regularly ran on Fish Lake Road. He says investigators are trying to determine if there's someone she "might have been having some kind of difficulties with." ...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/08/0...chigan-road-police-say-sedan-may-be-clue.html

Alexandra Nicolette Brueger 1984 - 2016

Brueger, Alexandra Nicolette November 9, 1984 July 30, 2016 Ally was our beloved, only child. She was kind, thoughtful, considerate. She had a witty sense of humor, but she was also a very serious-minded individual. She was an RN at Providence Park Hospital in Novi, Michigan. She was working on her master degree in creative writing which she would have achieved in April 2017 because writing was her passion, nursing was her profession. She graduated with high honors in all of her higher education degrees...

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/th...ra-nicolette-brueger&pid=180973457&fhid=17376

Ally’s killer still at large

...During his interview with the host, Chris Hanson, Shaw said everyone was still a suspect, “including mom and dad.”

That, however, has changed. “We do not consider the Bruegers as suspects at this time,” said Shaw earlier this month.

That is because Franz voluntarily submitted to a polygraph test, which was completed in Flint on Friday, April 13. He passed the polygraph conclusively, eliminating him as a suspect...

Ally's mom, from March article. bbm

New details revealed on Crime Watch Daily TV episode

“At the time of her murder, she was just friends with Wes and his fabrications of marriage need to end,” Nikki said. “The idea that Ally would have agreed to an engagement in December of 2016 is preposterous. And then to wait until Wes was accepted into a nursing program, successfully completing a two-year curriculum, passing the state exam and finally get a nursing position before getting married is absurd.

At the time of her murder, Ally was planning an August 2016 trip to Florida to visit a guy she had casually dated several years ago,” Nikki said. “I have a pile of clothes she purchased for that trip with the tags still attached.”

Hello all, I am Vera Hogan (Rave1953) and I have been quietly reading all of your posts about this case for nearly two months. I have been in constant contact with Nikki Brueger since early February of 2017, and LE (Michigan State Police) for several months. If you have questions, I will answer them if I can. I have been reading comments that can easily be explained. If I can't, I will say so. I will not break the rules of this site.

Well, I can start with the latest question of "... Shaw said earlier this month. There is nothing unusual about that. I started working on this article at the end of June. It takes time to gather all the information I wanted to include, including all of the wonderful tributes to Ally. I contacted Lt. Shaw for his information on July 6, only because I did not want to miss him. They sometimes take vacations, too. I have dozens of articles to research and write every week and must schedule my time wisely, especially with an issue as important as this.
Hi Everyone,
Rave1953 is veified. Thank you for joining us Vera. I am very happy you are here to answer our questions.

Let me know if anyone gives you grief. These members are terrified of me so they usually behave. LOL KIDDING

Members here are great. Especially on Ally's case. You will find a very thoughtful group here.

Tricia

Hi everyone,

We are opening a new thread for Ally as there is some news to discuss.

Ally's mom, Nikki Brueger, is going to be a guest on Nancy Grace's radio show on Monday. Here's the link to Nancy's website: Posts by: Nancy Grace, Publisher

Additionally, on August 26th, Wes Sutherland, suspect in Ally's murder, made some public comments on the Tri-County Times FB page, accusing Ally's father, Franz, of murdering Ally. Link to comments here: Tri-County Times

Vera Hogan, associate editor for the Tri-County Times, provided Websleuths with a link to a response from a local county district court judge about freedom of speech on the internet and using social media to accuse someone of murder. The link to the article is here: Does the first amendment protect someone who is accusing another person of killing someone on a social media website?

Those of us in the EU are unable to access the Tri-County Times site. If someone could do a precis of any interesting points in the recent articles, I'd be most grateful.

Does 1st Amendment Protect Someone Who is Accusing Another?

Does the first amendment protect someone who is accusing another person of killing someone on a social media website?
Freedom of speech does not mean that a person has the right to say anything they want, at any time, or anywhere

There are many forms of speech, which don’t have First Amendment protections including speech which incites imminent lawless action, fighting words, threats, obscenity, invasion of privacy and defamation.

 To answer your question, assuming the allegation is false, this would appear to not be protected speech and actually a form of defamation called libel. However, if it is accurate, truth is an absolute defense.

From the same article:
Michigan law: for libel to be proven it must
--be about the 'accused"
--Told to 3rd party
--materially false
--meant to harm the reputation of the "accused"
--must damage the "accused"
--can be written, in print, a sign, or a picture

"Being accused of a crime is defamation per se and is actionable even if damages can’t be shown."

Those of us in the EU are unable to access the Tri-County Times site. If someone could do a precis of any interesting points in the recent articles, I'd be most grateful.

Can you access the Facebook account? The only named suspect (WS) posted there and said the reporter (our verified insider) needs to go to prison. smh

moo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jenuine3684