MI MI - Curtis Twp, WhtFem 30-50, UP8371, many healed fractures, gap b/w upper front teeth, Oct'94

Per my conversation with Deputy Leeseburg, if she's in Namus with good dental and good DNA, she's already been ruled out.

I wish I could delete the above comment. I had a conversation with DS Krebs of the MSP, she said even if there is DNA on file, call it in! The cases could benefit from a closer look, not just an assumption based on what they have in the file.

Thanks for link..
Added: Prior to 2011; Last Updated: 4/3/22
Reconstructions of the decedent by LSU FACES, Jane Wankmiller, the FBI and the Alcona County Sheriff's Office.

34UFMI1.jpg
34UFMI9.jpg
34UFMI2_LARGE.jpg
34UFMI3.jpg
34UFMI4.jpg

''Date of Discovery: October 26, 1994
Location of Discovery: Curtis Township, Alcona County, Michigan
Estimated Date of Death: 1 year prior (1990-1993)
State of Remains: Skeletal
Cause of Death: Homicide

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 30-50 years old
Race: White
Sex: Female
Height: 5'2" to 5'5" (Possibly 5'7")
Weight: 135 lbs.
Hair Color: Light brown or blond with a possible reddish tint.
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: There were several healed injuries evident, all of which occurred years prior to her death. One of the victim's upper vertebrae and one lower vertebrae were collapsed. The injuries were located in her thoracic region, which is behind the rib cage. She had a healed fracture on her left arm near her elbow, which did not appear to be set correctly. These injuries may have been unrelated or they may have been the result of a singular accident, such as a car crash.

Identifiers
Dentals : Available. Gap between upper front teeth. Poor dental care at the time of death. It is possible she had orthodontic braces at a younger age, due to evidence of tooth removal.
Fingerprints : Not available.
DNA : Available.
The deceased was found by a hunter about one mile east of the Brodie Road and Bamfield Road intersection. Authorities believe she was not from the area.

The victim suffered perimortem trauma to the skull, leading authorities to believe she was murdered.''

I requested that the following females' DNA be compared:

Missing person Diane Patricia Collins:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Unidentified Alcona County Jane Doe:

I suspect both females may have been transients based on their descriptions or few details, and it's not uncommon for them to use aliases, to explain the years from when the missing person was last seen, and the unidentified died.

WHAT MATCHES

-The missing person was last seen ~140+ miles from the unidentified's location.
-They both have a gap in their teeth.
-Their demographics and physical description's match.

Last edited:

CURTIS TOWNSHIP, Mich. – A hunter found a woman’s remains in Curtis Township 28 years ago and she still hasn’t been identified.

Her remains were found on October 26, 1994, about one mile east of the Brodie Road and Bamfield Road intersection.

The woman is believed to be white and between the ages of 30 and 50. She was estimated to have been 5′2′' tall and weighed around 135 pounds.

Officials suspect she died sometime between 1990 and 1993. They believe her remains had been at the site for one to four years.

She had hair that was brown to light brown with a possible red tint. Her eye color is unknown and no clothing was recovered.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the Alcona County Sheriff’s Office at 989-724-6271.

@Caring1 Hey could you post the current list of NamUs exclusions for this Jane Doe? I would greatly appreciate it.

Already sent this one in to the NamUs regional contact person, but what do ya'll think of this one? She's from Tennessee, but she has a history of fractures in both her wrists from working in a coal mine, and she has a lot of the facial characteristics from the renderings (the teeth are exact, she has the same jaw that is square on one side and slanted on the other, and she has the uneven eyes. She's on the bottom of the height range, but hair color is about right.

Already sent this one in to the NamUs regional contact person, but what do ya'll think of this one? She's from Tennessee, but she has a history of fractures in both her wrists from working in a coal mine, and she has a lot of the facial characteristics from the renderings (the teeth are exact, she has the same jaw that is square on one side and slanted on the other, and she has the uneven eyes. She's on the bottom of the height range, but hair color is about right.

While I agree they look similar, the 680 mile distance between them is throwing me off.

Hi, I'm new here but I've been looking into the case of Cindy Lesko. I wonder if she could be Jane Doe UP8371. Her husband was tried and acquitted of her murder in 2001, I believe. However, the night she was last heard from or seen was the night he drove from their home in St. Clair Shores up ~4 hours to his parents' home in Comins, MI. This is within an hour of where this Jane Doe was found by hunters.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ceishen637
Back