MI - Former US Gymnastics Doctor Larry Nassar Charged With CSA *Guilty*

I’ve been listening to a podcast called Believed, which is very well done imo. Haven’t watched Athlete A yet but definitely will.
HBO also did a doc on it called Heart of Gold which was really well done. They interview Judge Aqualina and shes just as badass in person as in the doc. (I got the chance to sit in her court a few times during my internship and she was my favorite Judge)

Ugh, another case just filed, this time in competitive cheerleading:

Netflix star accused of child sexual abuse

Jerry Harris, along with the United States All Star Federation, Varsity Spirit, LLC and Cheer Athletics were all named in the suit filed in Tarrant County.

Sarah Klein, one of the lawyers for the plaintiffs, was thrust into the national spotlight herself when she and hundreds of other gymnasts spoke out against Larry Nassar.

Klein said there are similarities between her case with Nassar and her client's case against Harris, and most of it stems from a lack of reporting by the two main entities in competitive cheerleading.

House adopts Olympic reform bill inspired by Nassar case

Washington — The U.S. House approved bipartisan legislation Thursday intended to guard Olympic and amateur athletes from abuse — a measure spurred by an 18-month Senate probe into the case of disgraced Michigan State University sports doctor Larry Nassar.

The Senate unanimously passed the package in early August, so the bill next heads to President Donald Trump's desk for his signature.

Lawmakers said the bill would bolster legal liability and accountability for Olympic officials and amateur athletic organizations for misconduct, including sexual abuse by coaches and other employees...

Larry Nassar denied new sentencing judge by Court of Appeals (detroitnews.com)

The Michigan Court of Appeals on Tuesday denied an appeal from serial sex offender Larry Nassar but one judge chastised the conduct of Ingham County Circuit Judge Rosemarie Aquilina during his sentencing.

In a 22-page opinion, a three-judge panel split 2-1 against Nassar's effort to be resentenced by a new judge. The former Michigan State University doctor was accused of sexually assaulting hundreds of women under the guise of medical treatment over more than two decades. He also collected 37,000 images and videos of child *advertiser censored* on his computer...

Court: Larry Nassar won’t be resentenced despite judge’s remarks (clickondetroit.com)

DETROIT – The Michigan judge who sentenced sports doctor Larry Nassar to 40 years in prison made “wholly inappropriate” remarks about him, but they weren't enough to violate his rights and upset the punishment for sexual assault, the state appeals court said Tuesday.

In a 2-1 decision, the court noted that Judge Rosemarie Aquilina still stuck to the sentencing agreement made by prosecutors and Nassar's attorneys...

Well I guess maybe they couldn't find ANY other sponsors for online content, so they thought that a platform who made a whoopsie (extreme sarcasm included here), and 'accidentally' linked to nude images of a USAG athlete and abuse survivor was a GOOD choice??
:oops::oops::eek::(:(:mad::mad:o_O:eek::eek::oops::oops:

Nassar takes sentencing appeal to Michigan Supreme Court (detroitnews.com)

Serial sex offender Larry Nassar has appealed to the Michigan Supreme Court following the state Court of Appeals' denial in December of his request to be sentenced by a different judge.

Nassar's 49-page application for Leave to Appeal, filed Tuesday, maintains that Ingham County Circuit Judge Rosemarie Aquilina was biased when she sentenced him to 40 to 75 years in prison in 2017.

Nassar is the former Michigan State University doctor accused of sexually assaulting hundreds of young women, teenage and prepubescent girls under the guise of medical treatment over more than two decades...

Nassar takes sentencing appeal to Michigan Supreme Court (detroitnews.com)

Serial sex offender Larry Nassar has appealed to the Michigan Supreme Court following the state Court of Appeals' denial in December of his request to be sentenced by a different judge.

Nassar's 49-page application for Leave to Appeal, filed Tuesday, maintains that Ingham County Circuit Judge Rosemarie Aquilina was biased when she sentenced him to 40 to 75 years in prison in 2017.

Nassar is the former Michigan State University doctor accused of sexually assaulting hundreds of young women, teenage and prepubescent girls under the guise of medical treatment over more than two decades...

I agree. It should have been 100 years for each count, served consecutively. BMOC needs to suck it up.

Former U.S. gymnastics coach dies by suicide after arrest for alleged sex crimes in Michigan (nbcnews.com)

John Geddert faces 24 criminal counts, including human trafficking, criminal sexual conduct, racketeering and lying to police.

Police found the body of a former U.S. gymnastics coach, who has ties to disgraced doctor Larry Nassar, hours after he was criminally charged in Michigan.

John Geddert died by suicide and was discovered in Grand Ledge, Michigan, according to Kelly Rossman-McKinney, a spokeswoman for Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel.

Geddert's lawyer could not be immediately reached for comment on Thursday...

Ex-U.S. Olympics gymnastics coach with ties to Nassar kills himself after being charged (detroitnews.com)

A former U.S. Olympics gymnastics coach from the Lansing area with ties to disgraced sports medicine doctor Larry Nassar died from suicide Thursday, hours after Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel filed human trafficking, sexual assault and racketeering charges against him, the Attorney General's Office confirmed.

"My office has been notified that the body of John Geddert was found late this afternoon after taking his own life," Nessel said in a statement. "This is a tragic end to a tragic story for everyone involved.”...

Former US Olympics coach John Geddert kills himself following announcement of felony charges (clickondetroit.com)

GRAND LEDGE, Mich. – Police have confirmed John Geddert, the former U.S. Olympics coach and former owner of Twistars Gymnastics, killed himself Thursday at a rest stop in Grand Ledge.

He was 63 years old.

Prosecutors filed charges earlier that day in Eaton County against Geddert...

The 63-year-old was facing charges that included human trafficking, criminal sexual conduct and lying to a peace officer, a release from Nessel's office read. Geddert had been expected to turn himself in and be arraigned on Thursday afternoon.

"My office has been notified that the body of John Geddert was found late this afternoon after taking his own life. This is a tragic end to a tragic story for everyone involved," Nessel said in a statement.

Geddert was the former owner of Michigan's famed Twistars Gymnastics Club. It was one of the places Larry Nassar, the disgraced former gymnastics physician, had admitted to sexually abusing young female athletes. Twistars has since been sold and renamed.

It is alleged that John Geddert used force, fraud, and coercion against the young athletes that came to him for gymnastics training, for financial benefit to him," Nessel said. "The victims suffer from disordered eating including bulimia and anorexia, suicide attempts and self-harm, excessive physical conditioning, repeatedly being forced to perform even when injured, extreme emotional abuse and physical abuse including sexual assault."

A press release from Nessel's office said Geddert engaged in verbal, physical and sexual abuse against multiple young women.

Geddert was facing 14 counts of human trafficking-forced labor resulting in injury, six counts of human trafficking of a minor for forced labor, and one count each of continuing criminal enterprise, first-degree criminal sexual conduct, second-degree criminal sexual conduct and lying to a peace officer during a violent crime investigation.

"What needs to be reported is that these charges against Mr. Geddert are for his actions and his actions alone. They have very little to do with Mr. Nassar," she said. "Counts 1-20 that relate to human trafficking are for his behavior in the gym related to his coaching."

Geddert sold ownership of the club in 2018.

Sarah Klein, who has identified herself as the first to be abused by former USA Gymnastics team doctor Larry Nassar, called John Geddart's death by suicide an "escape from justice," in a statement Thursday night.

"The bravery of Geddert's many victims will stand for all time in stark contrast to his cowardice," Klein's statement read. "As a survivor and a mother of two young girls, my only comfort is in the knowledge that I can rest my head on the pillow every night knowing that John Geddert will never terrorize and abuse another child."

USA Gymnastics also released a statement on Geddert's death.
"This morning, we had hoped that news of the criminal charges being brought against John Geddert would lead to justice through the legal process. With the news of his death by suicide, we share the feelings of shock, and our thoughts are with the gymnastics community as they grapple with the complex emotions of today's events," the statement read.
Ex-USA Gymnastics coach John Geddert found dead after being charged with human trafficking and sex crimes, officials say - CNN

'The worst human being': John Geddert accuser Sarah Klein says she doesn't feel closure (nbcnews.com)

“It is devastating. It is traumatizing,” she said in an interview.

When former gymnast Sarah Klein first learned that the former Olympics coach John Geddert had been charged with human trafficking and sexual assault, she felt relieved.

Klein, who trained under Geddert for more than a decade, says the coach “physically, verbally, emotionally and psychologically abused me” starting around 1988, when she was eight. The announcement of criminal charges Thursday felt like a “full-circle moment,” she said.

But a short time later, when Geddert killed himself, Klein felt gutted.

“It is devastating. It is traumatizing,” she said in an interview Friday. “But there is no greater admission of guilt than John Geddert taking his own life. It was his final act of narcissistic control with which he lived his life and coached his gymnasts for decades.”...

I haven’t been following gymnastics because of the pandemic. Yesterday, the Nastia Lukin Winter Cup was on TV and I watched Laurie Hernandez perform for the first time since 2016. I saw she is coached by another woman now, all her life she was coached but Maggie Haney here in NJ.

Well, it appears that Haney has been banned from coaching for verbal abuse and mistreatment of athletes:

Special report: Families of young gymnasts detail coach Maggie Haney abuse claims

Olympic Gymnast Laurie Hernandez Recalls Emotional Abuse ‘So Twisted That I Thought It Couldn’t Be Real’

Pair of gymnasts sue former coach Maggie Haney over alleged abusive treatment, harassment
Emily Liszewski and Olympic hopeful Riley McCusker filed lawsuits.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abcdowpp1
Back