MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
My regular gas station is an Exxon, so for what it's worth.
I use a card to pay. I have to pre pay. So I put in the card and then wait for it to be approved.
I do not know if the person inside has to push a button to allow me to proceed.

I got the impression that Jessica had to authorize his pumping gas.
To make sure that he had paid first.
Since she wasn't there, it didn't work.

I'm assuming MI is self-serve. Oregon is full serve. it's so weird to me. I always forget.
Is it the same for all stations throughout those states? The procedure varies depending on the station in Indiana. If I get gas at Swifty, the attendant has to turn the key. If I get gas at Wal-Mart, the clerk inside the store activates the pump.

how creepy. too bad nobody called the cops on him just to get his name on file.

Someone must have called the cops because LE was aware of at least the Coopersville ones. I think he was probably just always gone by the time someone responded.

Is it the same for all stations throughout those states? The procedure varies depending on the station in Indiana. If I get gas at Swifty, the attendant has to turn the key. If I get gas at Wal-Mart, the clerk inside the store activates the pump.

I have never had to have an attendant come outside and turn a key on the pump. I have never seen that. Unless it's late at night, usually you can press "Pay Inside" and then go inside and pay after pumping with either cash or a credit card, or you can press "Pay Here" in which you would use a credit card at the pump. If it is late at night, most stations make you prepay, either at the pump with a credit card, or inside with either a credit card or cash.

My regular gas station is an Exxon, so for what it's worth.
I use a card to pay. I have to pre pay. So I put in the card and then wait for it to be approved.
I do not know if the person inside has to push a button to allow me to proceed.

I got the impression that Jessica had to authorize his pumping gas.
To make sure that he had paid first.
Since she wasn't there, it didn't work.
That was also my impression. Whether someone pays with a credit card or cash at a pay-inside station, the pump has to authorized. That would make sense then that the man who reported JH missing wasn't able to pump gas using his credit card. That had been my understanding initially.

I have never had to have an attendant come outside and turn a key on the pump. I have never seen that. Unless it's late at night, usually you can press "Pay Inside" and then go inside and pay after pumping with either cash or a credit card, or you can press "Pay Here" in which you would use a credit card at the pump. If it is late at night, most stations make you prepay, either at the pump with a credit card, or inside with either a credit card or cash.
The Swifty stations and some others I've used don't have a store where you can go inside. There's just a building for the attendant. He turns the key on the pumps to activate them and then he collects the money at the pump for those who pay cash. I've also been to prepay stations, but those are rare around here.

why do they want to know what she was doing during the day before she went to work?

I would think it would be to see if she had any obvious altercations or to be able to rule out people at those locations.

The Swifty stations and some others I've used don't have a store where you can go inside. There's just a building for the attendant. He turns the key on the pumps to activate them and then he collects the money at the pump for those who pay cash. I've also been to prepay stations, but those are rare around here.

It's so funny how such simple things (like getting gas) can vary by city and state. I drive up, swipe my card, press a button and gas up. I only see an employee if I want an iced tea or some mini donuts.

Ive never seen one! Someone pumps the gas for you?

I don't know if it's the same way now, but when I went to Oregon a couple of years back, it was illegal for the customer to pump their own gas. They had gas attendants who pumped the gas for you. I thought that was so bizarre.

Around here, you have to pre-pay before you get gas in some places, while in others if you use your credit card, you don't have to go inside to pay, you pay at the pump. One place I use to go to had a machine that you could either pay cash or use a credit card at and you didn't have to go inside. It varies, depending on the station and the locale.

Ive never seen one! Someone pumps the gas for you?
The Swifty stations have full-service pumps. It just costs a little more. I think they still charge the lower price for full-service, though, if someone has a handicap decal.

I had never really thought about the many variations in purchasing gas. I would think that all Exxon stations work the same, with cash-paying customers paying inside and the pumps being activated from inside.

I don't know if it's the same way now, but when I went to Oregon a couple of years back, it was illegal for the customer to pump their own gas. They had gas attendants who pumped the gas for you. I thought that was so bizarre.

Around here, you have to pre-pay before you get gas in some places, while in others if you use your credit card, you don't have to go inside to pay, you pay at the pump. One place I use to go to had a machine that you could either pay cash or use a credit card at and you didn't have to go inside. It varies, depending on the station and the locale.
BBM
I remember now reading that on the Whitney Heichel thread.

Daniel Shaw ‏@NSPDChiefShaw 1h
The Cleveland story, as horrific as it sounds, is awesome news and fuels our belief that #Jessicaheeringa is waiting for us to find her.

MI News ‏@allminews 4m
MLive Muskegon: Jessica Heeringa's abduction focus of today's live chat featuring Norton Shores Police Chief Dan... http://dlvr.it/3L8M5v

Jessica Heeringa’s alleged abduction is the focus of today’s live chat featuring Norton Shores Police Chief Dan Shaw whose department is leading the investigation.

Shaw said this morning he’s ready to answer questions from readers at 11 a.m. today, May 7.

snipped

Be sure to join us at 11 a.m. right here at MLive.com/muskegon and ask your questions. If you are unable to be online for the live chat, share your questions in the comment section below and we will attempt to ask the police chief as many as possible.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/...fo.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

why do they want to know what she was doing during the day before she went to work?

Maybe to see if there is video footage of her if she was out and about, either talking with this perp earlier in another place (like a random place and she did not know him personally, or perhaps she knew of him as an acquaintance), or to see if there is video footage of the van in the places that Jessica went to, if she were out and about earlier in the day.

I STILL cant wrap my mind around the fact that there was NO cctv at the Exxon. :facepalm:
Ahhh that just gripes me!!!!

Perhaps this will force the issue regarding safety in the workplace...maybe a new law,requiring cameras at high-risk places like this. These mini-mart/gas stations are always getting robbed etc.
Praying we find Jessica today....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member