MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - ACTIVE SEARCH MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #2

goldenbear - someone else helped me out once so I hope I explain this correctly. I wrote it down and after a few tries, I knew how to do it.

1. Go to the thread and then find the post you want to link.
2. Click on the number of the post (upper right corner), the post will isolate.
3. Then right click on the number and choices will drop down.
4. Click on open new window.
5. Then right click on the upper left box thingy and choose 'copy'.
6, Now you're ready to find your way back to your new post to link the post you've collected from the older thread.
7. Right click to put it into your new post.

When you 'submit' it will be a solid link. You can preview the post first to make sure.

It sounds more complicated than it is. It's a little cumbersome.

It is possible the van on surveillance came from the highway side when arriving. Maybe they didn't head to the Exxon on the same route they exited. Maybe there would be cameras somewhere on the other side of the station also.

You know, we do a lot of sleuthing here. It's called Websleuths after all. I think that maybe I don't pray enough for the victims that I want so badly to be found. Tonight, I'm going to pray for Jessica. I'm going to pray that she is found. It would be great if a few of you, who like me maybe have neglected to pray, would join me. When two or more are gathered in prayer...

Sorry, just had to say that.

I've been praying since the start cases like this really test my faith and question my belief in God especially when there isn't a good outcome. It's very difficult to enjoy things when you are worried about someone who is missing here in addition to my own problems. I just feel so bad for victims of injustice and their families because I know myself how the terrible actions of another can ruin your life as you knew it.

IIRC only if the battery is removed a cell ohone will not ping. You can turn it off but it will still ping towers IIRC .
I could be wrong . But seems I read and watched a show about that.

This and the other post jogged my memory. Just adding that when the battery goes dead, then no more pings. So if the phone is off but the battery is still charged, it will ping.

I'm typing this for myself (cause I can never remember). When people are lost due to hiking or something, when their battery dies, searchers can no longer locate them through their cell phone. If they're unconscious but the battery still has charge, they may be able to locate them.

Maybe it depends on the strength and location to the towers too? Not sure.

This and the other post jogged my memory. Just adding that when the battery goes dead, then no more pings. So if the phone is off but the battery is still charged, it will ping.

I'm typing this for myself (cause I can never remember). When people are lost due to hiking or something, when their battery dies, searchers can no longer locate them through their cell phone. If they're unconscious but the battery still has charge, they may be able to locate them.

Maybe it depends on the strength and location to the towers too? Not sure.
We need a removable GPS chip that can be easily removed, as well as an internal GPS.

It's literally 1.7 miles away from the Exxon just to the south on 31. I hope they have already checked into this. I suspect they have.

I hope so. I hate to think that there are clues just sitting there & being ignored.

I've been praying since the start cases like this really test my faith and question my belief in God especially when there isn't a good outcome. It's very difficult to enjoy things when you are worried about someone who is missing here in addition to my own problems. I just feel so bad for victims of injustice and their families because I know myself how the terrible actions of another can ruin your life as you knew it.

One thing I've accepted is that God didn't promise heaven on earth. God promised heaven in heaven. So, I pray He considers me one of His own when my physical body dies. Also I pray that He keep my loved ones protected. I've had life challenges though - serious health issues and stuff - but it seems He kept me around (wasn't so sure at the time). The amount of suffering some people are dealt is overwhelming at times and we're dealing with situations like that here. I get down and then try to to focus on something else for awhile - something frivolous or happy. :hug:

We need a removable GPS chip that can be easily removed, as well as an internal GPS.

Someone on TV explained that the GPS can be turned off (when peeps take 'selfies') but are they disengaging it every time? I don't have a fancy phone - just an old cruddy one I take with me in case the car breaks down or something. I'm home alot (obviously, cuz I'm here!)

Does anyone know anything about deliveries made to the gas station? I have thought about someone who does deliveries that Jessica knew and may have let her guard down. A delivery guy would know about any alarm system or cameras in the gas station and the employees. Maybe he has been going to the gas stations outside work hours in his own vehicle and fantasising about taking one of the female workers. Why pick a gas station to abduct someone? Why this particular gas station?

I hope they are looking into all the delivery guys who have delivered stuff to the garage the gas truck drivers, people who deliver newspapers, sodas, food, alcohol, lotto machine engineers who may have met Jessica.

I thought about the lotto fraud as well. What are your opinions about those involved in the lotto fraud is it too much of a stretch to think they have abducted and possibly murdered someone to try to escape justice? I don't know if they are involved. Surely Jessica isn't the only witness who can identify the creeps? How would they know that Jessica identified them?

It is very annoying that this van has allegedly been waiting at gas stations and driving away prior to Jessica's abduction and nobody thought to alert other gas stations and/or the police. I very much hope that safety becomes top priority and no workers are left to work alone, that cameras are installed and panic buttons to the local police station are installed. That's the only good thing that can come out of this tragic abduction.

What about a panic button? We know the gas station didn't have cameras but did it have an alarm or button? A gas shut off valve/switch? What's the routine of closing down a gas station besides taking out the trash and closing down the register?

Did the guy who called 911 intend to pay with cash? If not, why didn't his pump work? He said he couldn't get the pump to work so he came inside. That sounds like he was trying to use a credit card but it didn't work like it normally should.
Plus, how come the closing times are conflicting? There are two different postings on this. The first one I saw said 11:00 p.m. was closing time. The guy showed up after 11:00, so I accepted it closed at 11:30 even though I saw the hours saying 11:00 earlier. If he went there often, he should know what time they close. Why did I see the hours listed as 11:00?

What about a panic button? We know the gas station didn't have cameras but did it have an alarm or button? A gas shut off valve/switch? What's the routine of closing down a gas station besides taking out the trash and closing down the register?

Did the guy who called 911 intend to pay with cash? If not, why didn't his pump work? He said he couldn't get the pump to work so he came inside. That sounds like he was trying to use a credit card but it didn't work like it normally should.
Plus, how come the closing times are conflicting? There are two different postings on this. The first one I saw said 11:00 p.m. was closing time. The guy showed up after 11:00, so I accepted it closed at 11:30 even though I saw the hours saying 11:00 earlier. If he went there often, he should know what time they close. Why did I see the hours listed as 11:00?
I think a clerk manually turns them on from inside when you chose the pay inside, or at the pump button.

Someone on TV explained that the GPS can be turned off (when peeps take 'selfies') but are they disengaging it every time? I don't have a fancy phone - just an old cruddy one I take with me in case the car breaks down or something. I'm home alot (obviously, cuz I'm here!)
I am thinking geotagging is enabled when you take pictures on cell phones. So, it would make sense that GPS pings on and off.

Follow up on the geotagging with pictures. Sites such as Instagram ask if you would like to disable geotagging but it still shows up. Somewhere. Technology is amazing...

Now can someone tell me how to post links from a smartphone? Hahahah my phone is smart, and I am not!!

I will be working tomorrow when the live press conference is conducted, but, if there is someone who will have access to the conference, can you please ask the question that so many are begging the answer to.

Unless the abductor was driving the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang version of a silver mini van, he did not just fall out of the sky.

They have video surveilance from the two establishments near the gas station when the silver van was driving north. They could not see the tag. But I would think he would have come from the opposite direction earlier in the day to get to the gas station. SURELY they have thought to get video from these and other locations along that root as far back as they can. And SURELY they have looked at video prior to the time the eyewitness saw the man in the silver van. If he took that route earlier, they SHOULD be able to see the tag.

I know that is obvious, but sometime the obvious is overlooked. I've learned that in my line of work as an Auditor. Someone please ask the question!

Or what if he went to work in the morning via 31 south. He'd miss those same cameras along Grand Haven Road. Maybe when he travelled to the gas station, he travelled along GHR as it runs south too. So he could take either/or, either way. If he lives in the upper left (NW area) or the NE area above the gas station, but works south of the gas station, he could easily drive the two routes alternating which one he used thus avoiding the cameras.

A lady on the find Jessica Heeringa Facebook page has posted this link to vans for sale in the local area that match the description http://www.automobilemag.com/5_47_1..._country_base_for_sale_muskegon_michigan.html

Has anyone checked Craigslist or anywhere else with vans for sale put on recently? I'm just trying to find things to sleuth I am getting very worried now that there's no news or developments.

I wonder how Jessica's little boy and family are doing. I bet the little boy is desperate to see his mommy again it's heart breaking. It looks like the local community are doing everything they can to help which is good.

I checked the Muskegon and Grand Rapids Craigslist late last week. I looked at vans for sale by private owners...so many. I tried narrowing it to Town & Country, still so many. And I don't think we can be 100% certain it was specifically a T&C. If he was trying to pick a getaway vehicle that would be hard to identify, I would say he did a great job.

Things aren't adding up here...No updates to the case....shoddy police work at least for the first few days....(no searches, not staffing the phone after hours)

By now much of the evidence could of been cleaned up/destroyed....

Even if there was blood on fabric in the van, you could of vacuum, steam cleaned, and chemically treated the van a dozen times by now- Which was our best and probably only lead on the case

The station closes at 11:30 Monday through Friday, and at 11 on Saturday and Sunday. I believe they stay open the extra half an hour during the week to catch the business of the second shift factory workers who let out between 10:30 and 11. I don't know that for a fact, but it would make sense. Most factories don't run a second shift during the weekend, so no need to stay open the extra half an hour on Saturday and Sunday.

Or what if he went to work in the morning via 31 south. He'd miss those same cameras along Grand Haven Road. Maybe when he travelled to the gas station, he travelled along GHR as it runs south too. So he could take either/or, either way. If he lives in the upper left (NW area) or the NE area above the gas station, but works south of the gas station, he could easily drive the two routes alternating which one he used thus avoiding the cameras.

Well, I'm not from the area so I don't know the roads that well, but, since it looks like he took the time to find a gas station without surveilance, I don't think he anticipated someone ID'ing his van. For that reason, my gut tells me he didn't think about surveilance cameras at other locations because it never occurred to him they would have enough information to look for a silver van. People are generally creatures of habit. I have to believe at some point shortly before he pulled this off, he traveled the same route, BUT, they should also look at surveilance camera footage taken prior to the incident along these other routes as you pointed out.

Again, surely they have thought about this, but time is of the essence since the surveilance footage is only kept for a short period of time.

I think a clerk manually turns them on from inside when you chose the pay inside, or at the pump button.

My understanding is, and tell me if this seems right, that if you pay cash you must go inside first and hand over the money and then Jessica will activate the pump nearest to your car for you. Then when you lift the nozzle you put that prepaid amount into the tank.

But, if you have a credit card, you'd never have to go inside if you didn't want to, right? That's how I buy gas near my house.

So, the 911 caller said he couldn't get the gas to pump. Does that mean he intended to pay with a credit card? If so, how did the system shut down when Jessica went outside or was forced to go outside. The pump should have worked anyway if he intended to pay with a credit card. He said it wasn't working so he went inside to seek help but he couldn't find anyone to help him. Why didn't the pump work? The gas station hadn't closed down yet.

My understanding is, and tell me if this seems right, that if you pay cash you must go inside first and hand over the money and then Jessica will activate the pump nearest to your car for you. Then when you lift the nozzle you put that prepaid amount into the tank.

But, if you have a credit card, you'd never have to go inside if you didn't want to, right? That's how I buy gas near my house.

So, the 911 caller said he couldn't get the gas to pump. Does that mean he intended to pay with a credit card? If so, how did the system shut down when Jessica went outside or was forced to go outside. The pump should have worked anyway if he intended to pay with a credit card. He said it wasn't working so he went inside to seek help but he couldn't find anyone to help him. Why didn't the pump work? The gas station hadn't closed down yet.

These are very good observations. I want to know more about this. Press on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member