MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Authorities said the sample is a “small amount” of blood discovered outside the Exxon gas station, but large enough for investigators to determine it’s Heeringa’s.

Quail-Dyer said the discovery convinces him that his petite, 110-pound fiancée put up a fight the night she was apparently abducted.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/05/jessica_heeringas_fianc_in_res.html

So why didn't this witness see any of this? Im still hung up on why she was over in that parking lot.

Something isn't right!
Ill bet she even screamed!

So why didn't this witness see any of this? Im still hung up on why she was over in that parking lot.

Something isn't right!
Ill bet she even screamed!

It had to be by force of course with blood present. This van thing is almost in the way. Maybe the lady was checking out the van but the van had nothing to do with this, maybe it was ten minutes earlier!

It had to be by force of course with blood present. This van thing is almost in the way. Maybe the lady was checking out the van but the van had nothing to do with this, maybe it was ten minutes earlier!

Unless she cut herself somehow when she was out changing the receipt paper to the pump?

But this lady is Jessica's co-worker she knows the van because she has a relative that has one just like it, why was she in that parking lot at 11 pm at night and why didn't she go over to the station?

Way to many questions I have for this lady!
She was there for a reason! She was watching what was happening!

Seems to me that if people here are saying he looks just like the sketch, maybe he would realize it, too......but what do I know? I've never matched a police sketch before.

Then there's me who thinks practically everyone looks a little bit like the sketch! They're all morphing into sketch look alikes!

I kind of think he hit her or cut her to make her comply with his wishes,
JMO

Yes, I understand why you would think this, because it does make sense that she could have been hit, but if she also bled easily when cut, this could explain that situation, and I say that only because when I get cut, I bleed fast and easily, so I need a band-aid pronto.

Police confirm blood found at West Michigan gas station where clerk was abducted

Jessica Heeringa missing since April 26

Published On: May 08 2013 01:33:28 PM EDT Updated On: May 08 2013 01:34:47 PM EDT

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...cted/-/1719418/20064522/-/bjei7n/-/index.html

May 8, 2013 at 1:35 pm

Blood found at Norton Shores gas station matches missing clerk

Police said Wednesday that DNA analysis has confirmed that substances collected at a Norton Shores Exxon Mobil is blood from Jessica Heeringa, a 25-year-old clerk who went missing last month.

Norton Shores Police Chief Dan Shaw announced the findings on Twitter: "DNA analysis confirms substances collected at Exxon Mobil is blood from Jessica Lynn Heeringa"...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130508/METRO/305080405#ixzz2Sj6ILL69

We heard very early on from the mother that she had been told there was a struggle. A witness must have described this to her. The blood confirms this, the BF statement below confirms this is what he believes and I am not sure if LE can be found quoting this but someone early on witnessed this. Who is the witness, the co-worker parked in the guitar shop lot?

“I definitely think there was a struggle,” he said.

When asked if he fears the outcome of the investigation may be grim, he replied: “No, not at all. I really feel that way. It’s a gut instinct.”

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/05/jessica_heeringas_fianc_in_res.html

According to Shaw, police are looking for a silver mini van, possibly a Chrysler Town and Country, that was seen in the area prior to Jessica's disappearance.

Shelly Heeringa said her daughter was seen "walk[ing] out of the store with this guy like there was no problem," but that there was a struggle when they got in the van.

Taken from a link in my post page 42 from the 1st thread. I will get it over here if needed.

jmo

Ann Marie LaFlamme ‏@AnnMarieLaFlamm
@NSPDChiefShaw - This tells us #JessicaHeeringa was injured but the small amount of blood found gives us hope she was not hurt badly @FOX17

Ann Marie LaFlamme ‏@AnnMarieLaFlamm 2m
Police are still awaiting results from other items sent to the lab in the search for #JessicaHeeringa @FOX17

We heard very early on from the mother that she had been told there was a struggle. A witness must have described this to her. The blood confirms this, the BF statement below confirms this is what he believes and I am not sure if LE can be found quoting this but someone early on witnessed this. Who is the witness, the co-worker parked in the guitar shop lot?

“I definitely think there was a struggle,” he said.

When asked if he fears the outcome of the investigation may be grim, he replied: “No, not at all. I really feel that way. It’s a gut instinct.”

According to Shaw, police are looking for a silver mini van, possibly a Chrysler Town and Country, that was seen in the area prior to Jessica's disappearance.

Shelly Heeringa said her daughter was seen "walk[ing] out of the store with this guy like there was no problem," but that there was a struggle when they got in the van.

Taken from a link in my post page 42 from the 1st thread. I will get it over here if needed.

jmo

But even if there was a struggle, the blood does not confirm there was a struggle which resulted in blood loss. Most likely, yes, but since the blood amount was so small that only DNA could be extracted from it, how does one know that it can be confirmed that the blood resulted from the struggle, and not just from an accidental cut when changing the paper receipts. Neither can be confirmed absolutely.

Off Topic, at 1:30 Maricopa County time, the Verdict will be read in the Jodi Arias trial.

Lindsay Kus ‏@lindsayfox17 3m
Grandmother of Jessica Heeringa after blood was found: 'We know she is a fighter and we believe she is still alive' @FOX17

I am still catching up this morning but thank you for the reply.
My questions and curiosity stems from following so many missing persons cases is that many people are found in, near or around water.

I am not so much thinking of a marina but a solitary place where in the middle of the night a boat could be launched to dispose of a body. It would not take 2 perps.

I asked about a sandbar, working with the thoughts of member Absentia. I know there are sandbars in rivers but not sure about lakes. Sandbars which are little islands which kids party on, etc...

jmo

jmo

No sandbars to the best of my knowledge- I have been raised her and on the water my entire life.

I know that several locals are posting, and I'm curious about how the searches are going? Are they primarily LE agencies, or are there volunteer searchers? If so, how do you find out where searches are being conducted, what time, etc.? Is it word of mouth or are there announcements in your local papers or through TV, radio, etc.?

The searches are LE only. The efforts made by the public are posting fliers, and assisting the family with their needs- providing food, drinks, and gas cards/money for them.

With the blood found, we can now take 'voluntary' and 'complicit' off the table and move forward with what most of us already knew - that this was a bona fide kidnapping and she is in grave danger or worse.

Thanks. Now I know who the regular customer is who was cleared. There are four LE has mentioned: fiance, an ex boyfriend, a regular customer (who is how they refer to this guy in the video - his name is Jess A.), and a fourth unidentified person.

So, does this mean the the 10:50 customer hasn't been cleared? Or could he be the fourth person. A few obvious people aren't included in the four mentioned. Is anybody aware of other independent statements from LE stating peeps who've been cleared?

Obviously this man in the video, who was questioned and took a lie detector test, isn't LLL. The reporter said his name and he's JA.

Whoa. Jess A, you say? That sounds like the guy from the crazy deleted Find Jessica FB posts yesterday. The one whos 2 daughters and ex-wife were posting and then someone (maybe they themselves, maybe someone from the page) deleted everything. His first name was Jesse, last name started with A. Would you mind linking that video for me, so that I can see if it is the same guy. I looked at his FB yesterday and saw his picture. TIA

I am still catching up this morning but thank you for the reply.
My questions and curiosity stems from following so many missing persons cases is that many people are found in, near or around water.

I am not so much thinking of a marina but a solitary place where in the middle of the night a boat could be launched to dispose of a body. It would not take 2 perps.

I asked about a sandbar, working with the thoughts of member Absentia. I know there are sandbars in rivers but not sure about lakes. Sandbars which are little islands which kids party on, etc...

jmo

jmo

Sorry if I am wrong about this because it has been awhile, but isn't this how Scott Petersen disposed of Lacy's (and their baby!) body?

Then, the proof of blood just changes my whole theory.
1. If Jessica Did it to herself; (say she did nick her finger) my first reaction would have been to try to treat the injury. Wrap my finger in my shirt and then get a band-aid.
2. If it was caused during the struggle (yea the guy may have hit her) but what if it WAS by force. Holding a knife to her throat seems chilling. "Don't struggle or I'll kill you" type situation.
3. If she struggled against the theoretical knife she may have caused it herself; trying to get away. Or he was showing how serious he was if she made the slightest movement.

And if the theory I have is correct. Why didn't he have a gun?
a) Easier to transport. (A blade under so-many inches is allowed to be concealed.)
b) Knives are "up-close" weapons. Get into someone's personal space and take them by surprise.
c)Also a felon?
d) is he a collector or a big fan of knives?

Also bringing us to a good point in an earlier post..he also could be a hunter.

I don't want this to be correct. All this is my own theory. JMO

Any seasoned websleuthers know if it is normal to take 12 days to get the results of a blood sample? It seems really long to me, but I really don't know. I would assume it would be SOP to collect any possible samples on day 1, before they allowed the owner to reopen the station.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ambermotko