Found Safe MI - Montana Alexander & Matthew Jace Bridges, twin infants, taken by 2 females in black Grand Jeep Cherokee, Livonia, 21 Aug 2023 *arrest*

At least one good choice was made, bringing the boys to the police. If that person committed other crimes, they still seem redeemable, IMO.
We don't know who brought the twins to the police. I might be wrong, but from what has been said so far, I don't think it sounds like the people who abducted them are the ones who took them to the police. The attorney in the news video said that Shanell Jones lives with her parents. I wonder if she took the babies home and her parents took them to the police. It will be interesting to hear the full story.

We don't know who brought the twins to the police. I might be wrong, but from what has been said so far, I don't think it sounds like the people who abducted them are the ones who took them to the police. The attorney in the news video said that Shanell Jones lives with her parents. I wonder if she took the babies home and her parents took them to the police. It will be interesting to hear the full story.
Yes, I'm guessing one of the perp's mom took those babies to the police station and pronto. JMO

(WXYZ) — The Wayne County Prosecutor's office has charged a 16-year-old girl in connection with the August 20 kidnapping of 14-day-old twins that sparked an Amber Alert.

Then teen has been charged with two counts of kidnapping – child enticement, two counts of unlawful imprisonment, one count of conspiracy to commit kidnapping – child enticement, and three counts of larceny in a building. A preliminary hearing was scheduled for Monday in the case.

The teen is not being charged as an adult in the case. Prosecutors have added an adult designation to her as part of the case. This means that if convicted the judge will have the option to sentence the teen as a juvenile, or as an adult, or to impose a blended juvenile sentence with the option of imposing an adult sentence if the court finds the juvenile is not rehabilitated.

I noticed that was not one explanation for why?
Why did these people (4 of them ?) Kidnap the babies in the first place?

IMO none of the four people who have been charged had altruistic motives.

In the video that was linked after the first court appearance last week, an attorney said that the 23 year old has a history of faking pregnancies. She wanted her family and friends to think she had given birth to twins. How she was able to convince three teenagers to participate in the scam hasn't been revealed yet.

ETA: There is a probable cause hearing scheduled for Aug 31, so maybe we'll have more information after that.

Last edited:
IMO none of the four people who have been charged had altruistic motives.

In the video that was linked after the first court appearance last week, an attorney said that the 23 year old has a history of faking pregnancies. She wanted her family and friends to think she had given birth to twins. How she was able to convince three teenagers to participate in the scam hasn't been revealed yet.

ETA: There is a probable cause hearing scheduled for Aug 31, so maybe we'll have more information after that.

I did not see the video from last week so I will take your word for it that the info is in that article .
I do have to ask you , how that one person got the other 3 people to participate in such a crime with exactly Altruistic seemly acts ? Do you think she paid them? Curious is all.

Chapter 3 Altruistic Behavior and Altruistic Motivations Altruism can be understood in a behavioral or in a psychological sense
Motivationally, altruism is the desire to enhance the welfare of others at a net welfare loss to oneself. Behaviorally, altruism is any act that could have resulted from altruistic motivations.

LIVONIA, Mich. (WXYZ) — Most of the witness testimony at Tuesday's preliminary examination was aimed at the storyline surrounding suspect Shantell Jones.

Testimony from several witnesses, two extremely close to Jones, painted the picture of Jones befriending Jazlyn Morgan in am effort to kidnap her babies and claim them as her own.

Morgan testified herself in court Tuesday, saying that 23-year-old Shantell Jones planned the kidnapping of her babies for months.

Morgan said that Jones friended her on Facebook under the name "Charlotte" when she was 7 months pregnant.

The fourth witness Tuesday was Jones's own mother.

She testified that the Monday morning after the alleged kidnapping she got a phone call with Jones on the line.

Jones' mother testified that she heard a commotion about babies being taken and she told her better to "give the babies back."

According to Jones' mother, she then got the babies and turned them into Detroit Police and ultimately back to a traumatized Jazlyn Morgan.

Testimony from Tuesday also alluded to Jones' girlfriend Nieja Petty being one of the four suspects that attempted to break into Morgan and Bridges' house.

More on that, and testimony regarding the other two adult suspects in this case, will be shared in the extended preliminary examination on October 27.

(The full article has a lot more detail.)

LIVONIA, Mich. – The three adults charged in connection with the kidnapping of newborn twins in Livonia appeared in court for their preliminary hearing Tuesday, Sept. 26.

The case involves a fake pregnancy, a woman earning the trust of a young mother expecting twins on social media and a shootout in an attempt to actually kidnap newborn twins.

“She asked if I needed anything for the twins, pertaining to baby items, and that she had some items she wanted to give away,” Morgan recalled.

While Jones was offering gift cards and diaper wipes, Morgan did not know that Jones was posting on social media that she also was pregnant with twins.

Jones’ girlfriend testified that Jones came home with the twins hours later and said she just had them with the help of a midwife.

Jones’ mother testified that a friend called her, said there was trouble. After seeing the Amber Alert, she called her daughter.

“Whose babies?” Jones’ mother said. “Give them their babies back.”

More at link.

update from the Detroit News, sounds even messier and allegedly might be one of those weird "stole a baby because I told someone months ago I was pregnant" schemes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elaguileno81
Back