Michelle Young: Pregnant Mom, NC. part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thought. Maybe he confided in MM to get sympathy. Like he was having problems with MY and she was having problems with her husband at the same time. They cried on each others shoulder. If I were MM's husband I would be glad I was still alive.

packerdog said:
That was me raising hand! I thought he might have cared enough about Cassity being fed that he left something out for her. I wonder if she did eat and drink something on her own, if not she would have been pretty hungry by the time MF came.

I thought that I read that JY left the message for Melinda early that day, so he may have thought she would take care of it earlier in the day. Wasn't he checking his voice-mail?

JY leaving food and drink out for Cassidy is a possibility, but I don't think he thought she'd be left alone with Michelle for so long.

JMHO
fran

PS....That's probably why he 'plumb fell to his knees' when his dad told him the sad news. It was probably 'relief' that 'FINALLY!'. :doh: ...........fran

fran said:
I thought that I read that JY left the message for Melinda early that day, so he may have thought she would take care of it earlier in the day. Wasn't he checking his voice-mail?

JY leaving food and drink out for Cassidy is a possibility, but I don't think he thought she'd be left alone with Michelle for so long.

JMHO
fran

PS....That's probably why he 'plumb fell to his knees' when his dad told him the sad news. It was probably 'relief' that 'FINALLY!'. :doh: ...........fran

I don't think he thought Cassity would be left alone as long as she was either. That is probably why he kept checking his voice mail. Can you imagine how frantic he would have been waiting for MF to find her? Of course how could he have loved his child to leave her there with his bloody, dead , wife? That to me is just so horrible.

packerdog said:
That was me raising hand! I thought he might have cared enough about Cassity being fed that he left something out for her. I wonder if she did eat and drink something on her own, if not she would have been pretty hungry by the time MF came.

Thank you for owning up packerdog!:) I apologize for not remembering who posted this thought but it stuck with me as a distinct possibility. Thinking about her age she would have been very mobile and able to climb so it seems possible to me someone would leave food out to keep her from getting hurt. Obviously there was some thought about this child as she was left alive to begin with. JMO

If the murder had in some way been accidental then I might buy that Jason was concerned about Cassidy. I've always thought he just wanted Michele to be found while he was far away. Now with so much suspicion on the insurance and will it may turn out that he had his own gain in mind for allowing her to live. If he did this he's responsible for taking the life of his unborn son as well.

strach304 said:
Probably nothing so profound as that right from the beginning imo RC. For instance we know her purse was on the table so there could've been cash in it untouched as well as other obvious valuables and no ransacking. Proof of the crime maybe happening in the bedroom and no forced entry or sign of sexual attack led them to believe Michele let the perp in or of course they had a key. For all they knew from the get-go she had a boyfriend over while her husband was out of town. Further investigation would be needed but still would qualify as non-random. The baby and dog in the house unhurt with no signs of a struggle or altercation in the downstairs. All of this directly pointing to Michele as the intended victim. Smashed wedding photos in the bedroom are very specific if say something more appropriate as a weapon was handy for defense.

I don't know how many remember the details of the Harvey family in Richmond but LE immediately said it wasn't random because there were no signs of ransacking or forced entry and nothing taken. As it turned out it was and cash and jewelry were taken because of course the victims were alive and able to hand over valuables and in broad daylight had their doors open and perps just walked in, they weren't let in.
I had forgotten about MY's purse being in the kitchen with cell phone accounted for. I'm sure you are correct - there were lots of indicators. Thanks for the jingle about the Harvey case - no forced entry doesn't always equal a non random crime. Makes one wonder though doesn't it ?

raisincharlie said:
Thank you for owning up packerdog!:) I apologize for not remembering who posted this thought but it stuck with me as a distinct possibility. Thinking about her age she would have been very mobile and able to climb so it seems possible to me someone would leave food out to keep her from getting hurt. Obviously there was some thought about this child as she was left alive to begin with. JMO

Thanks raisincharlie. It has got to be something why the LE thought from the get go that it was not a random murder. Maybe the milk or juice he put out for Cassidy was fresher that it would be if left out the night before. I am sure that LE could tell if the child was taken care of.

strach304 said:
If the murder had in some way been accidental then I might buy that Jason was concerned about Cassidy. I've always thought he just wanted Michele to be found while he was far away. Now with so much suspicion on the insurance and will it may turn out that he had his own gain in mind for allowing her to live. If he did this he's responsible for taking the life of his unborn son as well.
I agree with you about his motives if he's guilty. Unfortunately there is no fetal homicide law here, so whoever committed this murder will only be charged with killing Michelle. :(

packerdog said:
Thanks raisincharlie. It has got to be something why the LE thought from the get go that it was not a random murder. Maybe the milk or juice he put out for Cassidy was fresher that it would be if left out the night before. I am sure that LE could tell if the child was taken care of.
Another point to that would be that Michelle likely wouldn't have left any food, juice or milk out for Cassidy once she put her to bed since it would likely be spoiled by morning. :)

strach304 said:
I read the post you're talking about wherein they said Jason had gone to their pastor or minister a short time before the murder and showed him bruises on his arm. Imo that poster was indicating there was domestic violence in the relationship. At the time there were a lot of people posting on various boards who claimed to know the Youngs, etc. but that particular idea seemed to me to sound more like a defense strategy in the event Jason got arrested and it was also before the affair was known about. Not saying it isn't possible, just that my instinct is more on target for an unusual type line of defense.

Based on what we know of the murder there certainly could've been a very violent fight and would explain the rage type killing. I myself had even suggested she threw or hit him with the wedding photos but I can't buy the self defense theory as of yet.
I don't buy self-defense either, and sure hope they don't go down that road ~ if in fact Jason is arrested and charged with Michelle's murder ~ since he was supposed to be away at the time anyway. It is definitely rage-filled, which also points to someone with great animosity toward Michelle.

panthera said:
I don't buy self-defense either, and sure hope they don't go down that road ~ if in fact Jason is arrested and charged with Michelle's murder ~ since he was supposed to be away at the time anyway. It is definitely rage-filled, which also points to someone with great animosity toward Michelle.

I agree. You would really have to have hate and rage to beat someone to death. It's not like he hit her once and she fell and died. !0 blows is alot. I would think he had to have had alot of blood on him. If he did wash up and they found blood in the drain, I wouldn't think that would mean alot if it was MY blood because Cassity asked MF for a washcloth and she probably washed the blood of cassity.

packerdog said:
I agree. You would really have to have hate and rage to beat someone to death. It's not like he hit her once and she fell and died. !0 blows is alot. I would think he had to have had alot of blood on him. If he did wash up and they found blood in the drain, I wouldn't think that would mean alot if it was MY blood because Cassity asked MF for a washcloth and she probably washed the blood of cassity.
If it was just Michelle's blood, any perp could've washed up in the bathroom, so it wouldn't mean much. The number of blows to her head is the one thing that doesn't make it look like Jason committed the crime, unless he was high on drugs. It seems contrary to his usual disposition, in my opinion.
:confused:

panthera said:
If it was just Michelle's blood, any perp could've washed up in the bathroom, so it wouldn't mean much. The number of blows to her head is the one thing that doesn't make it look like Jason committed the crime, unless he was high on drugs. It seems contrary to his usual disposition, in my opinion.
Unless of course he freaked out because she didn't succumb right away and frantically swung at her to get it over with before she could see it was him doing this to her.

Obviously, he must have had a lot of blood and possibly brain matter splattered all over him...so he had to have taken a shower...maybe even washed and dried the clothes he came in. Any other theories on what he would have done with the clothing (unless he was wearing some sort of raincoat). Surely LE would have searched dumpsters, etc., along with security cameras, along his probable route???

gubblegum said:
Unless of course he freaked out because she didn't succumb right away and frantically swung at her to get it over with before she could see it was him doing this to her.

Obviously, he must have had a lot of blood and possibly brain matter splattered all over him...so he had to have taken a shower...maybe even washed and dried the clothes he came in. Any other theories on what he would have done with the clothing (unless he was wearing some sort of raincoat). Surely LE would have searched dumpsters, etc., along with security cameras, along his probable route???
That's true, he may have become enraged when she didn't die immediately. And as for him having blood on him and his clothing, a likely reason why his vehicle was confiscated by LE immediately. :)

panthera said:

However Jason acted in front of others, isn't necessarily the way he was with Michelle behind closed doors. He may have had a (silent) simmering rage for Michelle and once he started hitting her (IF he did), his anger intensified.

SP used to do Laci's bidding, even when she asked him in front of others. Her friends said he'd do whatever with a smile on his face. It didn't stop him from doing what he did.

I know someone who's in an abusive relationship and in front of me or my family, he never indicated he'd hurt his wife in any way. That didn't prevent him from being arrested and convicted of abuse after he attacked her. She didn't even have to press charges, not with the evidence he left on her.

I followed the SP case closely and was a regular poster on the LP board. I couldn't bring myself to read any of the books written about the case, (except For Laci) until recently. I've received them as gifts, but hadn't been able to bring myself to read them until recently.

As I was reading about the REAL SP, I kept thinking of JY. IMHO, JY has a hidden temper and his true personality isn't what he's portrayed................too many parallels for me. It's de je vus of SP, imo.

JMHO
fran

gubblegum said:

IF it was JY, he had probably a three hour drive to dispose of his clothing. IF they haven't found them yet, they probably never will. A roadside cafe dumpster, rest stop, bury on the side of the road on a forested stretch of highway.

There's a number of places he COULD have gotten rid of evidence.

IMHO, IF they're able to link him to the crime, it's going to be by something Cassidy said, computer information, cell or phone records. Or..............just one tiny bloody fingerprint, hidden somewhere he forgot to look. :(

JMHO
fran

PS.........Quite a long shot, but...........IF he stopped to bury any evidence, something found on the undercarriage of his vehicle leading to a specific location leading to finding the 'hidden evidence.' ......fran

fran said:
However Jason acted in front of others, isn't necessarily the way he was with Michelle behind closed doors. He may have had a (silent) simmering rage for Michelle and once he started hitting her (IF he did), his anger intensified.

SP used to do Laci's bidding, even when she asked him in front of others. Her friends said he'd do whatever with a smile on his face. It didn't stop him from doing what he did.

I know someone who's in an abusive relationship and in front of me or my family, he never indicated he'd hurt his wife in any way. That didn't prevent him from being arrested and convicted of abuse after he attacked her. She didn't even have to press charges, not with the evidence he left on her.

I followed the SP case closely and was a regular poster on the LP board. I couldn't bring myself to read any of the books written about the case, (except For Laci) until recently. I've received them as gifts, but hadn't been able to bring myself to read them until recently.

As I was reading about the REAL SP, I kept thinking of JY. IMHO, JY has a hidden temper and his true personality isn't what he's portrayed................too many parallels for me. It's de je vus of SP, imo.

JMHO
fran
Good points as usual fran! I realize that people aren't always who they appear to be, but in this case due to the vicious manner of death I'd think that there would've been some sign of domestic abuse or violent mood swings beforehand. As far as the manner of death for Laci, she could've been smothered or strangled. I know I'm probably not explaining this too well! :)

This is just a thought, but watching CSI Miami over the weekend, one of the cases was a bludgeoning on the back of the head.

Kalli stated that if someone dealt 4 blows to the back of the head with a substantial weapon like a bat or small marble statue, their skull would be opened up and smashed very badly.

I thought of Michelle and the 10 blows to the head. If he used a hammer which has been speculated, it is lighter in weight than what Kalli had refered to, and it sounds like what could have been used on her.

Scandi

scandi said:
This is just a thought, but watching CSI Miami over the weekend, one of the cases was a bludgeoning on the back of the head.

Kalli stated that if someone dealt 4 blows to the back of the head with a substantial weapon like a bat or small marble statue, their skull would be opened up and smashed very badly.

I thought of Michelle and the 10 blows to the head. If he used a hammer which has been speculated, it is lighter in weight than what Kalli had refered to, and it sounds like what could have been used on her.

Scandi
I've seen that episode before also! A hammer would leave a definite impression in the skull as opposed to a larger object with a wider surface.

I think I'll wait for the autopsy before I believe MY was struck in the head 10 times - the source of that information is not exactly reliable IMO - same source that said someone close to this case was arrested and it would be on the news. Didn't happen. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blondeboricua