Missing 8 mo Pregnant Marine Maria Frances Lauterbach- NC #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Maria went willingly with Cesar anywhere. She was afraid of him and wouldn't trust him. The scenario of Cesar feeding her full of "let's run away together" doesn't fit at all. Maria's encounter with Christina before would let her know that he had no intentions of leaving his wife and child, imo. She had to be fearful of Christina, too.

The truth probably is inserted into the lies...but remember...Christina is the one spouting them for the most part except for the notes.

Have we learned of an encounter between Maria and xtina? What happened anyone?

Has anyone heard or read anything new today ? I hope they don´t let this case get cold, or they'll never catch him. And I hope LE is making Xtina squirm a lot. I just KNOW she is very involved in this and there is ssssooo much more to this story than what she has told so far.

Has anyone had any luck locating photos of Xtina ? Does anyone live near her hometown in Ohio that could go to the public library and locate a high school picture ? I don't think she has changed too much since then as she is only 24. I am positive that if there were photos of Xtina up someone would recognize her or remember something.

This case is so frustrating !
I hope that Greta and Nacy have some news tonight .

In one of the articles it says Christina confronted Maria calling her a b*tch and asking her ''why are you doing this to us''... I believe Maria told her mother this...

Have we learned of an encounter between Maria and xtina? What happened anyone?

I agree tm.
I've looked at all the newspapers on line and zip..:waitasec:

I agree Ticamom..I am so scared it's going to go cold too. I am determined to keep it in the spotlight I just don't know how lol. I want this case to get as much coverage as Laci Peterson case did. I am frustrated by so much.

Has anyone heard or read anything new today ? I hope they don´t let this case get cold, or they'll never catch him. And I hope LE is making Xtina squirm a lot. I just KNOW she is very involved in this and there is ssssooo much more to this story than what she has told so far.

Has anyone had any luck locating photos of Xtina ? Does anyone live near her hometown in Ohio that could go to the public library and locate a high school picture ? I don't think she has changed too much since then as she is only 24. I am positive that if there were photos of Xtina up someone would recognize her or remember something.

This case is so frustrating !
I hope that Greta and Nacy have some news tonight .

THis has most likely been discussed before, but I just can't
get this question our of my mind.

IF you had a car why would you buy a bus ticket?
this makes no sense to me at all. Would a pregnant
woman, even one who was wanting to get away, leave
her car and take a bus to someplace she had probably
never been before?
SHE wouldn't in my opinion
CL is just not the sharpest tool in the box.
HE was trying to set it up to look as if she took off.
But her car was at his home, then at the bus station
long after she should have been the one to drive to the
station, leave her car, and get on the bus. Dumb

And when I listen to the video of the neighbor, he
doesn't seem positive about dates.

Maria would have had so many more options then
to buy a bus ticket and leave.
This was never her intention in my opinion.

If I remember correctly Maria's mom went down to Camp Lejeune sometime before Christmas. How was it that was able to withdraw money out of Marias acct. on Dec 24th? Why was her acct. not frozen or at least monitored?? Also...where did Christina think all this money was coming from? I know exactly how much makes and with a mortgage and possibly a Dodge Ram payment a wife and a daughter to support they would know exactly where every last 20 dollar went and came from!

If I remember correctly Maria's mom went down to Camp Lejeune sometime before Christmas.
The case only started to heat up when Mary Lauterbach and her brother, Kentucky psychiatrist Dr. Peter Steiner, showed up at the base on Jan. 7 accompanied by an Onslow County sheriff's detective.

~snip~

On Jan. 8, the sheriff's office issued the first press release about the missing, pregnant Marine.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/n/content/oh/story/news/local/2008/01/20/ddn012008mariainside.html

Maria would have had so many more options then
to buy a bus ticket and leave.
This was never her intention in my opinion.

You just made me think of a possible scenario.......
What if CL told Maria that HE was planning to go UA
but that he needed her help to make good his escape
from Camp LeJeune, his wife, and any charges that might
result after a DNA test had been done on her newborn baby.

Or maybe he told her that both he and his wife were leaving and she'd never have to worry about them again. That's about the only scenario that, to me, explains why Maria would withdraw close to a paycheck's worth (gross, that is) of cash $700 from her ATM 5 hours after leaving work on Fri 12/14.

In one of the articles it says Christina confronted Maria calling her a b*tch and asking her ''why are you doing this to us''... I believe Maria told her mother this...

All of this we are hearing is from Maria's mom!!!! Who IMHO has some problems her self. And if this was the case why was the USMC not aware of all of these things when she reported Maria missing on the 19th?

Surely, Maria confided in SOMEONE about everything. Have they not come forward yet or are LE and the Marine Corp. not releasing that information? A young, single, and very pregnant girl MUST talk to a confidant in some capacity. Best friend, old high school buddy, or someone!

And if this was the case why was the USMC not aware of all of these things when she reported Maria missing on the 19th?
Because CYA means never admitting they EVER heard a thing of those kind of reports. :rolleyes:

All of this we are hearing is from Maria's mom!!!! Who IMHO has some problems her self. And if this was the case why was the USMC not aware of all of these things when she reported Maria missing on the 19th?
Did you watch the MC presser?? The MC was aware of a LOT of things that they are NOT talking about. The only reason we KNOW Maria reported her car being vandalized and someone hitting her in the face is because a reporter in the audience asked a direct question. And WHY would Maria even BOTHER to report an encounter of a personal nature between her and Xtina? Not like the MC was going TO DO anything about it. All Xtina did was TALK, nothing for the MC to DO about that, was there? And to bring it up to NCIS would just have made MARIA look like a cry-baby and gotten her additional scrutiny she did NOT want. Maria just wanted CL and Xtina and the whole thing to go away - at least until the baby was born. She was TRYING to "be a Marine" and just endure in silence .

I do not doubt Xtina confronted Maria - if it was YOUR husband and you could confront his accuser - even for one minute - wouldn't YOU? Xtina didn't touch Maria and she didn't stand there and go on and on or cause a scene, she said her thing to Maria's face and moved on. I have no problem believing what Maria told her Mother.

My Opinion

Two conflicting versions:
1. Mary Lauterbach's: Durham told her not to file a MPR because that might cause Maria to be charged "UA."
2. The MC presser's: As soon as he hung up from talking to Mary L, Durham text messaged her MC office that she might be going "UA," which would "get her in a lot of trouble."

Mary Lauterbach said Durham begged her not to file a missing persons report because he was concerned the Marines would put her into a status known as unauthorized absence.
"You're going to get her in a lot of trouble," she said he warned.
http://www.daytondailynews.com/n/content/oh/story/news/local/2008/01/20/ddn012008mariainside.html

At this point, we’ll discuss a few things that occurred December 14th ... Shortly after this conversation, LCpl Lauterbach’s Mother calls Sgt Durham. Sgt Durham text messages a junior member of LCpl Lauterbach’s work section indicating his belief she was going into an Unauthorized Absence status, commonly referred to as “going UA.”
http://www.newbernsj.com/news/lauterbach_38149___article.html/lcpl_cpl.html

hmmmmmm ..... I wonder which version is closer to the truth?

:behindbar AMW

Oh ok thanks ss...I am so confused I am getting dates wrong. I didn't realize her mother waited almost a month to go down there..:rolleyes: For some reason I kept thinking the 19th. Still I think Marias accts. should of been frozen immediately and monitored!

The case only started to heat up when Mary Lauterbach and her brother, Kentucky psychiatrist Dr. Peter Steiner, showed up at the base on Jan. 7 accompanied by an Onslow County sheriff's detective.

~snip~

On Jan. 8, the sheriff's office issued the first press release about the missing, pregnant Marine.

I know what you mean! I can't quite pinpoint her character, although I have my suspicions. Frankly, she has me befuddled. :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ