Missing 8 mth pregnant Marine Maria Frances Lauterbach- NC #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too wondered about the fire! Not just the smell and the heat but can you imagine how LONG it would take to reduce a body to bones? They haven't mentioned whether there was any flesh on the bones, did they? How long do we have to wait for the ME report? That could be interesting and shed some light on this. I wonder if there will be enough left to show cause of death? Also, O/T, I have to ask. What is COB? I saw that you mentioned it in a previous post, but I didn't get it.

:confused:
COB was supposed to be cop in the Bobby cutts case and now it is the name for losers like this...JDB is the one who started it.

If her due date was 1/8 that puts her conception date around 4/17 according to the pregnancy calculator. I just have to remind myself she was 8 months pregnant when she went missing, but that was over 3 weeks ago.

Ok, this may be offensive to some. But - How the hell do you get a fire that hot? I can't even burn lots of cardboard and stuff w/o having to make a large fire initially to get it hot enough..

What the area that isolated that people would not have known of THAT large of a fire? But I thought it was mentioned by a neighbor/friend someone like that they NEVER seemed to have them? Or am I missing something?:waitasec:
I've heard it was a BBQ pit, but to me that still doesn't explain how he could've thought he'd be able to completely dispose of her. A crematorium is set for a much higher temperature. Another thing would be the odor as a burning body would be much different than wood or cooking meat. How the neighbors didn't notice anything is beyond me, unless they were all away from home.

I too wondered about the fire! Not just the smell and the heat but can you imagine how LONG it would take to reduce a body to bones? They haven't mentioned whether there was any flesh on the bones, did they? How long do we have to wait for the ME report? That could be interesting and shed some light on this. I wonder if there will be enough left to show cause of death? Also, O/T, I have to ask. What is COB? I saw that you mentioned it in a previous post, but I didn't get it.

:confused:

I hate to even type this but all I can think is that maybe he knew how to roast her underground like they do in a pig roast...just disgusting....but that's the only thing I can come up with that would seem possible. It would have then been able to smolder for days? Thus reducing her to skeletal remains.
From what I've read about how they found her remains, that seems like the technique that was used. Hence, no one would smell or notice it.....

Ok, I remembered you mentioned Bobby Cutts (in the post I read concerning COB, someone called him "Booby" LOL). I get it now! Thanks, Indy.

Replying how he could have gotten the fire that hot....

N.C. has just come off a state wide burn ban a few weeks ago.I live in N.C. I am in northeastern part of the state so my area looks alot like there.I know in my neighborhood there have been people trying to clear lots or just burning huge piles of leaves and limbs ect that they could not get to until the ban was lifted.

Last weekend I was in a mood because people were clearing a lot by burning 3 lots over from where I live and left it smoldering all night long which worried me because there are these two elderly ladies who live in an old moible home very close to their burn pile.

So I am thinking gas was used to help fuel the fire so to speak.I know thats what the people used last weekend.

I hate to even type this but all I can think is that maybe he knew how to roast her underground like they do in a pig roast...just disgusting....but that's the only thing I can come up with that would seem possible. It would have then been able to smolder for days? Thus reducing her to skeletal remains.
From what I've read about how they found her remains, that seems like the technique that was used. Hence, no one would smell or notice it.....
Good point also what about the foot of ashes. That would mean that the fire burned for sometime right?

Yep, you did. That is what what really got me thinking about her involvement in this.

I am wondering about that too, I have a bad feeling where the wife is concerened. I could be way off base, it wouldn't be the first time but something is just not adding up with her.

Not offensive at all!!!

Seems like no one help Maria, the signs were everywhere. The neighbor even stated asked to borrow a shovel, which LE has now. I dont know how it is possible for the fire to be that hot. But what about the smell, no one smelled that I mean it had to smell bad for like a mile.
Hi IndyGal and can you believe this??? Yet another pregnant woman murdered by the baby's father. And her own mother telling the media that she was a compulsive liar and bi-polar. I hope that woman is just sick over her words now that Maria's been found. :mad:

ITA that even if the wife didn't have a hand in the actual death of Maria, she had to have known SOMETHING about it.

The posters stating he may be covering up for her rings true. I know hubby has told me he would take the fall for me, so that our kiddos had me around. Doesn't surprise me another spouse has said/done that.

LOL and NO I haven't done anything :blowkiss:

Just pointing out that I don't think it's an off the wall thing to happen if that's what is occurring here (The husband attempting to take all the blame, NOT the fact a heartless murder occurred!)

Does anyone know if the wife was also a military member or was she a civilian? Is there ANY way that the PA could "make her talk" about what she knows/knew?

We've seen other cases, where the spouse is IMMEDIATELY cleared of any wrongdoing...Not saying she's guilty, obviously she hasn't been charged yet, BUT just pointing out what some others have said, they haven't cleared her yet...Unless they're trying to get him to "come home" If nothing else, than to clear her of any wrongdoing?

Not sure if that made sense..

L

Replying how he could have gotten the fire that hot....
N.C. has just come off a state wide burn ban a few weeks ago.I live in N.C. I am in northeastern part of the state so my area looks alot like there.I know in my neighborhood there have been people trying to clear lots or just burning huge piles of leaves and limbs ect that they could not get to until the ban was lifted. ....snip....

I was thinking about the burn ban too, and wondering if when it was lifted, he had this all planned out. Which of course, would show premeditation.

COB was supposed to be cop in the Bobby cutts case and now it is the name for losers like this...JDB is the one who started it.

I was on that night. Anita Richman had written a typo.
She wrote COB instead of COP.... about the

Yep I did. An I am charging a nickel everytime it is used. LAffin

Long time no chat Panthera...LOl I Just hope this stops soon, men killing off their pregnant girlfriends/wives/rape vics

Thanks so much for the explanation. You've answered a lot of my questions ~ except, where was his wife? If she was at home, didn't she notice? They didn't even have any trees in the back yard from what I've seen of it, so what did he tell her he was he burning?

Does anyone know if the wife was also a military member or was she a civilian? Is there ANY way that the PA could "make her talk" about what she knows/knew?

L
it said in reports that the tip came from a former marine, then it was said it was the wife. So I assume she is the former marine

Gasoline could definitely explain it, at least as far as getting the fire started, but to keep a body burning...? the gas burns off pretty quick doens't it? I know the body itself is a fuel load but to burn itself that long and that hot? And possibly underground? (which is a good point, by the way, ember) I wonder what they have discovered around or in the house? Has there been a SW yet? I know they examined the house but did they find anything else besides blood spatter? Weapons, gas cans????

On the subject of fire and burning. We have been using our fireplace this winter, along with my hubby has been doing tree work lately and has been bringing the wood, limbs and brush to our back yard where we have a burn hole. Not to mention our next door neighbor used it as a trash burn hole.

So my knowledge about burning, what, how quick and the brightness, the length it takes, and hot heat, etc... is quiet reliable and witnessed over and over.

The fire that it would have took to burn this body would have to be immense and bright. It would have lit up the entire back yard for hours and hours. Every fire has it's own special smell. Fresh, newly deceased flesh would be somewhat hard to keep aflame. We could find a website that crematories use and find the actual degrees it takes to cremate a body, I have saw that degree posted on this site in the past.

He also would of had to baby sit, work that fire. After the initial igniting, some type of accelarator would have to be used. The fire dept. will find out. They will also be able to tell how long it burned, and they probably have the neighbors testimony describing this fire. I can't see him just burning her without being covered to disguise the remains.

This fire would have to be a hot well maintained fire. I just don't see how law enforcement didn't investigate this fire pit and fence missing in his back yard when they should have done a routine drive by and speak with him concerning her disappearnce when she was finally reported missing.

This will probably be the defining part of the investigation... it is a visual that will haunt us, but also be the visual that fuels the public to take extra time to look and help capture the monster that robbed that mother and baby of their life. And it will be the visual that will probably compel a jury to find him guilty, as well as to put the signature on that monsters death warrant and hammers the last nail in his coffin.

And it should be a visual that would compel NC to pass the Laci Law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Krusty2009