Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I've gathered from the N-L articles posted by @Seeker994 :

7:30 PM Stacy arrives at Kirby house (NL June 19). Nigel delivers cake to Suzie's.

8:00 PM Suzie arrives at Kirby house (NL June 19)

8:30 PM Party @ Joy house. The girls reportedly ask Brian if they can stay the night there. (NL June 19)

10 – 10:30 PM Suzie and Stacy reported seen at the A-Mart with another female (Janelle?). Stacy was with a man. Clerk Steve Thompson “vaguely” remembers the girls talking about meeting up later that night (NL June 19). Janelle claims they were all together the whole night (NL June 20, 21).

10:30 PM Stacy calls her mother (from the Kirby house?)

11:30 PM The girls go to the Elder party (on Hanover). (one mile from the A-Mart) (NL June 19)

2:00 AM Back to Party #1 (girls get a ride from Shane Appleby in a jeep). Joy declines invite and Janelle offers to let them stay with her. (NL June 19)

2:15 AM A woman resembling Sherrill asks A-Mart clerk Steve Thompson about Suzanne Streeter by name, and 2 other friends. (NL June 18, 19)

2:20 AM Suzie and Stacy leave the Kirby house in their own vehicles to go to Suzie's house. (NL June 19).

--------------------------------------------------------

Any corrections greatly appreciated.

I could not find if it was reported from where Stacy called her mom. 10 - 10:30 PM is the attributed time. I would trust Mrs. McCall on this one.
Possibly she did not want her mom knowing she would stay the night at a boy's house, and used Janelle instead.

It wasn't until later, around 2, when they got back to the Joy house, after the Elder party, that the girls found out that they couldn't stay there.

When did they decide not to go to Branson that night, and why?
It would seem that decision was made early, between 8 and 10 PM or so, when they asked Brian Joy if they could stay at his house, and when Stacy called her mom to let her know they would not be going to Branson that night.
Unless, of course, the NL got their times wrong...

Thanks for posting the timeline. I've been over it many times and feel the sightings at the gas station/convenience stores that night can't be ruled out. They fill in some empty spots in the timeline. JMO, its still not clear where Stacy & Susie went that night, whose cars they were in, how long they stayed at the various parties. It bolsters my theory that there were some non- high schoolers hanging around the periphery of these parties, probably selling drugs to the HS kids who were wanting to have a big time on graduation night.

I agree, @Betty P ! There are parts of this tale I feel are purposeful being left out. What I wouldn't give to find out what some of those closest to this case know but haven't revealed to the public.

Being that it was NYE when the call came in, I am willing to be someone got a little too drunk and their conscience momentarily got the best of them. Maybe they hung up, or perhaps fate allowed the call to be disconnected. That I do not know. The most recent timeline is helpful. I also will not rule out any signs. Despite not believing "The Porch Lady" I still keep the "What If" in the back of my mind. None of us were there and it would be foolish to dismiss anything when it comes to this case. I stand firm by my initial statement that rumor and speculation have helped keep this secret. So many people wanted to "help", some I imagine just wanted to be apart of something. I also stand firm that locals at the time knew more than they were saying. With 28 years passed, someone outside of prison definitely would have a lot to lose. I imagine the person(s) responsible have families, possibly even grandchildren of their own by now. I believe some locals were (are) scared of what they might know.

Thank you for posting .
I must be blind though . I don’t see where it says they went to Florida and knew who he was ??? and the area code he called from ?
Just keep following it up. That's where it all begins. And I never said the area code was in the article. I said you would have to dig for that but it's available.

Richard wanted everyone to drink the Koolade on Cox but Cox has no history in that part of FL. Someone else wanted to make the caller out to be Bartt but Bartt was living down in Punta Gorda, & no where near there.

Just keep following it up. That's where it all begins. And I never said the area code was in the article. I said you would have to dig for that but it's available.

Richard wanted everyone to drink the Koolade on Cox but Cox has no history in that part of FL. Someone else wanted to make the caller out to be Bartt but Bartt was living down in Punta Gorda, & no where near there.
Still, the call was on New Year's Eve - prime travel time when you might be holed up at friends.'

I want you to do research & work on your own & if you reach the same conclusion then it's validation. Follow the evidentiary path. I'm not here to spoon feed you.

What if one of them worked in a construction or similar job, where they were relocated every year or so?

Does everyone think the suspect(s) are people who are still living in or near the Springfield area? Pardon, but I'm trying to update myself again on this case.

ETA: I'm also trying to recall something pertinent about the way LE handled this investigation that made me think most of the facts given about the case so far needs to be questioned. That usually only happens when LE has been dishonest about something very important. I'll have to go back to find it, pretty sure it came up in one of the news stories.

Last edited:
My opinion changes about this. @Betty P I believe LE went about this case the wrong way, but I also know this case was difficult so I'm sure they did the "best" they could.

This case - especially in its not being solved - cries out, "Contract hit!"

The reason was local but the muscle, out-of-town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann