Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
Sherrill Levitt was born on November 1, 1944, and was age 47 at time of her disappearance. She was 5 feet 0 inches (1.52 m), 110 pounds (50 kg), with short light blonde hair, brown eyes and pierced ears. She was a cosmetologist at a local salon and a single mother, and was described as being very close to her daughter, Suzanne Elizabeth "Suzie" Streeter. Streeter was born on March 9, 1973 (age 19 in 1992), was 5 feet 5 inches (1.65 m), 102 pounds (46 kg), with shoulder length blonde hair and brown eyes. Her distinguishable marks included a scar on her upper right forearm, a small mole on the left corner of her mouth, and pierced ears (left ear pierced twice). Streeter's friend, Stacy McCall, was born on April 23, 1974 (age 18 in 1992), was 5 feet 3 inches (1.60 m) and 120 pounds (54 kg), with long dark blonde hair and light colored eyes.[1]

The Springfield Three - Wikipedia

attachment.php

On Tuesday, fresh flowers rest near by a memorial to the two teens and mother. Like those fresh flowers Stacy McCall's mother tells KSPR she feels fresh leads, technology and investigators can still bring her daughter and the other two women home.

"I look at Stacy and I think she's not 18, she's 38. It's heartbreaking," McCall said in an interview with us on the twenty year anniversary. "Twenty birthdays and twenty Thanksgivings and Christmases and so many times that we sit around the table wanting her nearby."

(...)

Chief Webb offers this advice to any law enforcement who finds the mystery in their hands: "Never give up. You have to go to work on this and treat any piece of information like it's the glue we've been waiting for to crack this case open."

Janis McCall asks people who speculate to stick to the facts and stay away from so many rumors she feels have sensationalized the case.The reward fund for prosecution of those responsible now sits at 42 thousand dollars.

New eyes could eventually solve case of Springfield's 3 missing women

Thread #1

Thread #2 - pulled

Thread #3 -
pulled
Thread #4

Thread #5

Thread #6

Thread #7
Admin note: During the period the posts in #2 and #3 were being made, Websleuths rules were different, links are no longer good and much of the discusssion that took place at that time has since been disproved as not connected or incorrect. For that reason, Threads #2 and #3 will remain unavailable.

Sometimes, a colder case needs fresh eyes. Eyes that will start with nothing and examine every available resource to come up with a theory. This is one of those cases. What was done was done. Some was very helpful and bears continued scrutiny. Some has already been put to bed and left behind. Consider Threads #2 and #3 to be the latter. Thank you to all who examine the facts of this case and provide your thoughts. These women still wait for justice. Their family members still await closure.

tlcya

Attachments

• Springfield_Three.jpg
    Springfield_Three.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 15
Last edited by a moderator:
lets hope the fresh ideas and fresh eyes of the last few pages of thread 7 lead the way for thread 8.

closer scrutiny of the night in question, the last people to be seen with the girls, the people who took it upon themselves to enter and sabotage deliberately or not the crimescene that being sherrills home that none of these people had been in before or were familiar with.

lets leave mysterious boogie men and wanna be killers injecting themselves into a non existent narrative in previous threads.

it is unfortunate that the police brief has used the word kidnapping.
because they don't know. and it presents the idea of a boogie man stealing them away when nobody actually knows if the girls left the house dead or alive.

in my personal opinion I think an escalating situation arouse that lead from one thing to another till suddenly all three were indispose and subsequently had to be disposed of simply to remove evidence.

the swept up glass being removed to a dumpster over the road the next morning????
a continuation of said clean up 'removal' perhaps...…

jmo

it is unfortunate that the police brief has used the word kidnapping.
because they don't know. and it presents the idea of a boogie man stealing them away when nobody actually knows if the girls left the house dead or alive.

in my personal opinion I think an escalating situation arouse that lead from one thing to another till suddenly all three were indispose and subsequently had to be disposed of simply to remove evidence.

the swept up glass being removed to a dumpster over the road the next morning????
a continuation of said clean up 'removal' perhaps...…

jmo
I agree with the above. The boogie man theory has been worn out. Something happened that night to start the ball rolling, people in their peer group know more than what they’ve said, mom had an idea of who or where and that’s why she had to be killed.

The cars not parked in their “usual places” may or may not be significant in determining whether or not the House was the initial point where the women were taken, although I don’t believe all three were taken from the house.
I believe that the “friends” being in the house and doing anything with the phone period is more disturbing than sweeping up the glass. If it is true that Sherrill was at Apco around the time that the girls supposedly left one of the parties then I believe that she was led there by a phone call from Suzie. Maybe the machine picked up the call before Sherrill could get to the phone and a distressed message was left and later erased.

I agree with the above. The boogie man theory has been worn out. Something happened that night to start the ball rolling, people in their peer group know more than what they’ve said, mom had an idea of who or where and that’s why she had to be killed.

The cars not parked in their “usual places” may or may not be significant in determining whether or not the House was the initial point where the women were taken, although I don’t believe all three were taken from the house.
I believe that the “friends” being in the house and doing anything with the phone period is more disturbing than sweeping up the glass. If it is true that Sherrill was at Apco around the time that the girls supposedly left one of the parties then I believe that she was led there by a phone call from Suzie. Maybe the machine picked up the call before Sherrill could get to the phone and a distressed message was left and later erased.
yeah agree
the phone actions are disturbing.

the creation of a sexual deviate boogie man ringing at precisely the time Janelle and mike was there trespassing at "that other girls ' house for her to then answer TWICE is really something incredible.

yeah agree
the phone actions are disturbing.

the creation of a sexual deviate boogie man ringing at precisely the time Janelle and mike was there trespassing at "that other girls ' house for her to then answer TWICE is really something incredible.

They said about 20 people where in the Streeter/Levitt house that day. If they aren't including police officers who were there after they were reported missing, what where all these people doing? I understand close friends stopping by especially if Sherrill had plans and didn't show up, or if people were coming over to congratulate Suzie. Did most people enter and wait around? If they were people that knew Sherrill and Suzie did they notice anything odd? We have Janelle and Mikes account. Janis supposedly didn't even know the address so she wouldn't know what was normal and what wasn't.

There was a good video someone posted on the last thread, I don't know how to move it here. It gave a good sense of the locations Suzie and Stacy were at and the distance between each one. One of the guys on the video mentioned Sherrill going to a neighbors house that night and trying to sit on people's laps. He said they eventually hoisted her over a fence and into her backyard. I wondered if anyone else heard that. It sounded like she was pretty safety conscience and had been refurbishing furniture when she talked to a friend on the phone. I find that hard to believe.

There was a good video someone posted on the last thread, I don't know how to move it here. It gave a good sense of the locations Suzie and Stacy were at and the distance between each one. One of the guys on the video mentioned Sherrill going to a neighbors house that night and trying to sit on people's laps. He said they eventually hoisted her over a fence and into her backyard. I wondered if anyone else heard that. It sounded like she was pretty safety conscience and had been refurbishing furniture when she talked to a friend on the phone. I find that hard to believe.
hey cherrymeg
think they were referring to cinamin the dog

lets hope the fresh ideas and fresh eyes of the last few pages of thread 7 lead the way for thread 8.

closer scrutiny of the night in question, the last people to be seen with the girls, the people who took it upon themselves to enter and sabotage deliberately or not the crimescene that being sherrills home that none of these people had been in before or were familiar with.

lets leave mysterious boogie men and wanna be killers injecting themselves into a non existent narrative in previous threads.

How'd you read my mind? Lol All's we need is the motive.....we know it wasn't money and IMO not sex.
We need to remember........Janelle (and Mike) had NEVER been to the house on Delmar.

Hence they 'had to' put their finger prints IN the house. The times (time line) has changed over the years (found that info yesterday....I'll need to find the reference again. ARG!)
The phones calls? Where was she when Mrs McCall ring the Kirby's......10 ish. Where was Janelle?

All's we need is a motive...what happened at those parties? Something did!
IMO MOO whatever......
If you put all the 'circumstantial' events together...using pencils....too many to just say, "Those silly kids."

Someone (I don't know this case nearly well enough) should compile a list of possibilities of what did take place that night.

Lol....might have been mine....had a map.
Sherrill wanted to sit on someone's lap? heehee Hoisted over the fence? heehee
Just ribbing ya.

Lol....might have been mine....had a map.
Sherrill wanted to sit on someone's lap? heehee Hoisted over the fence? heehee
Just ribbing ya.

I just posted this too lol. It makes a lot more sense if they are talking about the dog. I was half listening while doing something else. I just re listened to it omg I can't believe I thought the "she" that was hoisted over a fence was Sherrill.

Refresh my memory: How long had Sherrill and Suzie lived at that address? It's possible that a previous occupant was the intended target.

Bookout noted the fumes at Delmar but are there pictures of the work area and furniture she was refinishing? Does LE release pictures that reveal substantial clues? Refinishing a piece of furniture indoors at night would make sense if it was a side job with a deadline. Hair stylists often have side jobs. From all accounts Sherrill was a hard worker. If Sherrill was stripping furniture with open windows and a fan blowing she might not have heard the phone ring or someone walk in. It’s hard to imagine reading in bed with a house full of fumes.

Bookout noted the fumes at Delmar but are there pictures of the work area and furniture she was refinishing? Does LE release pictures that reveal substantial clues? Refinishing a piece of furniture indoors at night would make sense if it was a side job with a deadline. Hair stylists often have side jobs. From all accounts Sherrill was a hard worker. If Sherrill was stripping furniture with open windows and a fan blowing she might not have heard the phone ring or someone walk in. It’s hard to imagine reading in bed with a house full of fumes.
If there wasn't a piece of furniture being stripped when the police went there, what would that mean? They noted a smell but did they see what she was working on? Some people are night owls and also her daughter was out so she wouldn't be as concerned about the fumes or the smell. When I thought neighbors were talking about her and not the dog I wondered if she had inhaled too many fumes. I used to paint in my bedroom and my mom always told me to keep a window opened because of the turpentine I can't remember if it was for brain cells or because it was flammable (if it was for my brain cells maybe I should have opened the window wider lol) That's a really good question and a good catch.

@MooseMeMuch I still think Cold Justice needs to get involved. Would messaging Kelly Siegler on facebook be weird? Kelly Siegler
hey, whatever works!
I posted the Cold Justice 'Tip' page....on the previous thread.
IMO, the 'team' could figure out the motive by talking to people and I love how they ask people point blank....did you murder so and so? And watch for the person's reaction...
This case....is ridiculous. I watched one short video clip of Janis...in the Memorial Garden...she was pruning the flower bushes...she just wants Stacy 'home' in a place Janis can go visit and 'talk' to her. Broke my heart.
She's not even asking for 'justice'...she just wants to know where Stacy is.

I don’t doubt Sherrill refinished furniture but I do wonder if the evidence of a sexual assault or any at all was in or around her work area. It’s odd no one else mentioned furniture or fumes. I didn’t think about it being flammable! That makes it even weirder for Sherrill, a “chain smoker” to work with those chemicals in a confined space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shhhhtheresrabbits