MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the local paper today the sheriff has actually come right out and said now that DR is a "person of interest."
http://www.sctimes.com/article/2010...ssier-‘person-of-interest--in-Wetterling-case

If it wasn't him, his reputation is totally ruined. In the article DR says he's been getting hate mail and death threats. DR seems to want to cooperate, but I guess anyone would say that, so I'm not sure what to think. Sometimes LE will state someone is a POI to make the real perp more comfortable - but I don't know if that's the case here.

Just the fact that there were 3 abductions in this area (the kid from Cold Spring who was let go, Josh Guimond from St. John's, and Jacob) and DR worked in Cold Spring and at St. John's Univ. and lived where Jacob went missing makes him highly suspicious. (IMO)

Article on the pedophile priests (including the local priest when Jacob was abducted) who were still living and working in St. Joe when Jacob went missing. DR's family are devout Catholics and very active in the St. Joe parish. Maybe they had priests/monks at their house over the years?

http://www.behindthepinecurtain.com/wordpress/?p=1556#more-1556

These priests and monks are all still living on the St. John's campus, supposedly in segregation. But many have been allowed to travel to Italy and other countries to teach children.

http://www.behindthepinecurtain.com/wordpress/?cat=15

Article on the pedophile priests (including the local priest when Jacob was abducted) who were still living and working in St. Joe when Jacob went missing. DR's family are devout Catholics and very active in the St. Joe parish. Maybe they had priests/monks at their house over the years?
-----------------------------

That's what I was asking in the last thread. And many people have wondered what this would have to do with Josh Guimond, and the abduction of Jared.

That person may have really scoped out the territory and determined it was a perfect predation spot.

And eventually, that person may have been transferred out of the area.

Just an alternative explanation.

Of course, it could have been the POI and someone else (a mutually agreed upon interest?) or just the POI.

Does the POI have no involvement whatsoever? I too wonder what questions were asked in the Polygraph.

I don't know where the idea that the abductor asked, "Do you recognize me?" came from because all the abductor asked the boys was their ages.

Jared's abductor asked him this before letting him go. The article is in the previous, now-locked Jacob thread. fwiw

I would love to see the results of the polygraph released.

I have to think there is some solid evidence for the authorities to have torn up the place though, not just circumstantial.
And the reason for keeping everything quiet or else it could compromise further investigation says a lot too IMO.

Jared's abductor asked him this before letting him go. The article is in the previous, now-locked Jacob thread. fwiw

I think I've confused Jared and Jacob. Jacob (friends and brothers) were only asked their ages.

In the local paper today the sheriff has actually come right out and said now that DR is a "person of interest."
http://www.sctimes.com/article/2010...ssier-‘person-of-interest--in-Wetterling-case

Just the fact that there were 3 abductions in this area (the kid from Cold Spring who was let go, Josh Guimond from St. John's, and Jacob) and DR worked in Cold Spring and at St. John's Univ. and lived where Jacob went missing makes him highly suspicious. (IMO)

SNIPPED

Shergal. You are so right. When Josh G evaporated into thin air, I immediately thought about Jacob. There are just soooo many coincidences . .
What has really been bothering me, I'm Minnesotan! This is Minnesota nice territory. we think our neighbors are nice too. That is the problem with this situation. In those small towns where everyone knows everyone, at least by face recognition, no one would ever suspect a teacher, runner , trumpet player . . . Have you heard Patty Wetterling in these interviews? She said they were a nice family.!! We mostly live by the rule of thumb that most folks are like us, kind, honest and looking out for each other. The very reactions of DR that night, from all accounts, including his, are NOT TYPICAL . .
Just voicing my still shock & horror tha Jacob could have been right there that night and all the time. I can't wrap my head around it.

It just would have been so easy for him to haul Jacob back to the house that night. You have no idea how dark it is down that road. Pitch black. Whoever it was knew that, knew the road, and knew the people who lived on his road! Back then, it seems the deep, raspy voice was the most identifying feature. And yes, I wonder if they were looking for a gun.

Sorry to keep posting, but I wonder if Josh Guimond played in the band or orchestra. I believe DR teaches trumpet at St Benedicts according to his web page. ( in St Joe there. )

Oh My God!

Wonder if LE knows this??
Wonder if they can make him take a poly now?
If DR was driving by in a car on campus, no reason JG would not get in with him!@#$%^
I believe he was last seen right on the main road, close to senior housing complex where the party had been. My cousin had seen him that evening HHmmm do you suppose DR was at the party???Naahhhhhhhhh I'm sure they questioned his friend from the article . .

Not defending DR, just asking...

The abductor had a hand gun. Does DR have weapons?

Would he be so stupid as to abduct a kid at the very end of his driveway? (DR is an educated man.)

To my knowledge, there have been no accusations against DR by anyone else. If he taught school, something might have come up.

Years ago DR took a lie detector test. Does anyone know the results?

I don't think anyone knows the results of the lie detector test.

Well, if he did it, he certainly got away with it even though it was at his driveway.

I was talking with my daughter about this and she said that people that have issues don't think.

Did he pollute his own place of work=maybe not.

It is strange the way DR reacted to the search for Jacob, after all he was an elementary school teacher at the time, but he didn't seem too concerned. He just wanted to sleep and "didn't want to waste time".

As far as Josh G. goes, yes there was definitely foul play... he just didn't wander off into a swamp and get "eaten by turtles" :shakehead:

http://www.behindthepinecurtain.com/wordpress/?p=1556#more-1556

These priests and monks are all still living on the St. John's campus, supposedly in segregation. But many have been allowed to travel to Italy and other countries to teach children.

http://www.behindthepinecurtain.com/wordpress/?cat=15

I'm thinking that DR might have been an altar boy. Don't know that, but that might have led to some issues.

The other thought I had was that possibly DR was involved with one of these pedo priests. If his parents were gone to Europe, he may have felt safe having his priest buddy over. Back in 1989 he may have been more fearful of his very religious, strict parents finding out he was fooling around with a priest than of them suspecting he had something to do with Jacob.

That would explain if DR did pass the lie detector test. He knows "he" didn't harm Jacob. But if his priest pal was out there and those boys went by... who knows? Still, I guess there wouldn't have been possible "items" in fire ashes if DR hadn't helped dispose of something.

The other thought I had was that possibly DR was involved with one of these pedo priests. If his parents were gone to Europe, he may have felt safe having his priest buddy over. Back in 1989 he may have been more fearful of his very religious, strict parents finding out he was fooling around with a priest than of them suspecting he had something to do with Jacob.

That would explain if DR did pass the lie detector test. He knows "he" didn't harm Jacob. But if his priest pal was out there and those boys went by... who knows? Still, I guess there wouldn't have been possible "items" in fire ashes if DR hadn't helped dispose of something.

Wow!!!!!! Interesting!!!!

I was talking with my daughter about this and she said that people that have issues don't think.

True, especially people with (very disturbing) uncontrollable "urges".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
-nyx-