Found Deceased MN - Madeline Jane Kingsbury, 26, mother of 2, Winona, 31 Mar 2023 *arrest* #2

As far gone as the relationship was, I find it hard to believe Maddi and AF would have been intimate in the month or so before he killed her. (If they were, I think he raped her)

If Maddi thought she may be pregnant and there was no way the child could be AF's, than I don't think Maddi would have openly told AF she was possibly pregnant with someone else's child.

JMO
I have to go back and re-read, but I don't think Maddi told AF she thought she might be pregnant? She told her Mom, sister and a friend.

I don't find it hard to believe he could have forced Maddi to have sex - not at all. That goes hand in hand wit the physical abuse. Regardless, I'm sad that she may have been pregnant when killed, just adds another layer of injustice.

One person told police Kingsbury said Fravel had taken their children in the past and had not told her where they were, and he had recently been threatening and assaulting her.

Kingsbury had allegedly told people she never reported Fravel to authorities because she didn't "want the kids to get in the middle of it," but had asked for advice on how to get out of her on-and-off-again relationship. She and Fravel had started couples therapy at the end of 2022, documents state.

That changed when Kingsbury began seeing another man she planned to live with. Court records show friends told police Kingsbury had applied for a townhouse in Goodview, just northwest of Winona, the week before she disappeared and had told Fravel she would move out of the home she shared with him. One friend told police she knew Kingsbury was excited but afraid to see how Fravel would respond.

First mention I've seen Maddie was going to live with the new boyfriend.

One person told police Kingsbury said Fravel had taken their children in the past and had not told her where they were, and he had recently been threatening and assaulting her.

Kingsbury had allegedly told people she never reported Fravel to authorities because she didn't "want the kids to get in the middle of it," but had asked for advice on how to get out of her on-and-off-again relationship. She and Fravel had started couples therapy at the end of 2022, documents state.

.That changed when Kingsbury began seeing another man she planned to live with. Court records show friends told police Kingsbury had applied for a townhouse in Goodview, just northwest of Winona, the week before she disappeared and had told Fravel she would move out of the home she shared with him. One friend told police she knew Kingsbury was excited but afraid to see how Fravel would respond.

First mention I've seen Maddie was going to live with the new boyfriend.
"If I can't have you..."

My heart breaks, considering what her last minutes must've been like.... knowing he wasn't going to stop.

She just wanted to live her life, raise her children... and be loved.

Heavy sadness.

AUG 3, 2023
"Some of you may be wondering why my office did not charge first-degree murder against Mr. Fravel at this time," Winona County Attorney Karin Sonneman said at the time of his arrest. "Let me explain the law in Minnesota. In order to charge first-degree murder, a prosecutor must present the case before a grand jury and a grand jury decides whether there is probable cause to support an indictment for first-degree murder. Because this case remains an active and ongoing investigation we may seek additional charges in the future."

She noted that she charges are "based on the evidence we felt we could prove with some certainty from our perspective."

"She had a bright future and Mr. Fravel took that from her," Sonoman said. "By charging him today with her murder we intend to hold him accountable to the fullest extent of the law."

The search warrants, which sought access to social media accounts belonging to both Kingsbury and Fravel, along with emails, phone, and GPS data, included two series of text messages sent by Fravel. The first set includes the last messages Fravel sent to Kingsbury, which may have been sent after she was already dead. The second set includes an exchange between Fravel and a friend after Kingsbury's family reported her missing.

Fravel had told police that he had left the home in Kingsbury's van around 10:30 a.m. on March 31 to take some belongings to his parent's home in Mabel. He said Kingsbury had told him she was going to do some work downstairs in her office and head in to work in Rochester after.

Fravel said he sent her text messages that Kingsbury never responded to. When he got back that afternoon, he noticed his car was still there but Kingsbury was nowhere to be found.

"Got gas in van and stuff ready to go, gonna leave soon," a text sent at 10:29 a.m. from Fravel reads. "Gonna leave soon. When do you have to leave?"

"You just gonna stay home?" Fravel quickly added, with no response from Kingsbury.

At 1:33 p.m., after Fravel had returned home, he sent a follow-up message reading: "I'm back and my car is still here? You get a ride or something?"

It is noted in the documents that four SD cards to security camera footage were provided by Fravel’s father to investigators, along with a consent to search them.

On April 3, investigators forensically imaged and examined the cards. This process takes around ten days and they were eventually imaged but not examined.

Two days later on April 5, Fravel’s parents then told investigators to speak to their attorney and revoked the consent. Investigators took no further action on the obtained SD cards.

There were multiple search warrants executed at the couple’s home on Kerry Drive as well as. One of these warrants was on April 3 to obtain security camera footage.

Kolka had told investigators early on that Fravel had installed multiple cameras at their home.

When investigators got to the home, there were no cameras installed, but found “several areas where drywall was torn and pulled off of the wall. Investigators also noted that all of these marks were high, where a camera would be installed. The cameras that they did find had all SD cards missing.

Three days later on April 6, investigators executed a search warrant for the camera company, Wyze, to obtain the alleged footage. According to court documents, Wyze claimed they could not find accounts matching Fravel’s email, indicated the account may have been deleted.

On April 7, a search warrant was executed at Fravel’s parents home. Investigators there found a computer tower and laptop in a dumpster and a “burned computer item in one of the fire pits” according to the documents.

Lots of interesting and unknown, at least to me, information contained in the unsealed search warrants. Well worth taking the time to look at each one.

Click on each one to download and read the entire document. Many detailing the the ongoing investigation from day to day. Surveillance of AF. Searches regarding the Fravels neighbors property and cam trail pictures of AF seen on neigbors property in Side by Side with shovel in the back, which cadavor dogs later hit on.

The last page(s) contains the inventory sheet of items taken into custody for each warrant. (Cutlery knife found in the rafters of the laundry room, zip ties found on kitchen floor near garage door, clumps of brown hair found in trash can, Plan B one step box, several pregnancy test kit boxes, pregnancy test applicator found in trash can)

Lots of interesting and unknown, at least to me, information contained in the unsealed search warrants. Well worth taking the time to look at each one.

Click on each one to download and read the entire document. Many detailing the the ongoing investigation from day to day. Surveillance of AF. Searches regarding the Fravels neighbors property and cam trail pictures of AF seen on neigbors property in Side by Side with shovel in the back, which cadavor dogs later hit on.

The last page(s) contains the inventory sheet of items taken into custody for each warrant. (Cutlery knife found in the rafters of the laundry room, zip ties found on kitchen floor near garage door, clumps of brown hair found in trash can, Plan B one step box, several pregnancy test kit boxes, pregnancy test applicator found in trash can)

Zip ties. Plan B. Clumps of hair.

My soul.

Unless I missed it, I'm not seeing this one in that chunk of all the other warrants, but I found it the other day googling chunks of text from one of the articles earlier this week that had direct quotes.

A lot of this one had pieces quoted, but there were definitely parts I hadn't seen in articles yet.

@TravelingBug What were you looking for?

@TravelingBug What were you looking for?
I just meant I wasn't sure if I missed in that article that had a bunch of other warrants if the one I had linked was also there and I just didn't see.

But since I don't believe it was, I was more meaning here's another document that I don't think was included if people wanted to read this one also.

This is JMO, but if I had to fault MK for anything, it would be that she was probably more than forthcoming to AF about her future plans, especially if her new location included the fact that she was going to move in with another man. If she was pregnant, AF might have figured out that he wasn't or couldn't be the father. All just more motive.
In my experience with battered women, they are almost programmed to reveal everything to their abuser. It is a behavior that they learn. Makes no sense to us but it happens. She was a beautiful intelligent woman, but was willing to hand over her income to AF. IMO, that makes no sense to me either, but it happens.
I often heard "but I love him", to that I asked "what part do you love, when he kicks you down the steps, or when he kills you dog or when he brings home another woman?" It becomes a sad situation that these women can't get out of by themselves. I can't imagine that MK didn't have the support system to help her, it seems she was close to family, but then again maybe she didn't listen, thinking she had it under control.
*** I am not criticizing MK at all, just seeing that she was like so many abused women and unfortunatly had an abuser who followed through with threats she probably had heard many times***

He sure planned her murder. That makes it premeditated. Come on Mn make the charges be first degree murder!!!!!!
In Minnesota a second degree murder charge can only be increased to first degree after presenting the case to a Grand Jury and their findings constitute the increase. Hopefully the case has or will be presented to a Grand Jury and increased charges will be announced before AF's next court appearance.

In Minnesota a second degree murder charge can only be increased to first degree after presenting the case to a Grand Jury and their findings constitute the increase. Hopefully the case has or will be presented to a Grand Jury and increased charges will be announced before AF's next court appearance.
This is a case that needs the Grand Jury & findings to increase all charges. Charges they charged him with got him arrested. That was most important.He is in jail where he belongs.

An interesting tid bits from one of the search warrants.

An officer returned to the residence on Kerry Drive to look over the property again and examined the van from the outside. The officer noted that there was a "mud mark" on the interior door handle and a clear and distinct set of what appeared to be palm prints and mud on the steering wheel. The rear cargo area was clear of any items. The officer noticed "several pieces of garbage on the ground" immediately below the tailgate of the van.

Attachments

• 64c93afca3308.pdf.pdf
    819.6 KB · Views: 11

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member