MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one thing I keep questioning in my mind is if it was in their cocaine supply, why didn't they use their coke earlier? Wouldn't they want it earlier to "enjoy" the evening? Would they have to take both cocaine and fentanyl at the same time or could they have taken the fentanyl later to come down before heading home?
Best guess? To make sure they were alert for the drive home. Maybe JW, already being home, chose not to partake.

Maybe the cocaine was mixed with fentanyl, and they smoked the weed separately.
This is a possibility too, back in the day we would lightly moisten the end of a joint, and roll the end in coke and then smoke the joint. Everyone called them cocoa puffs. My thoughts are it was fentanyl laced coke, and perhaps the renter didn't want anyone smoking inside his home, so they went outside. Pot does have a strong odour imo.

Last edited:
<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

Many of the addicts I have known, just want their pain to go away. Whether it is physical pain, psychological pain, whatever is creating the need to get away from the pain, they will use in a heartbeat.

There is not a lot of logical thought process happening at this time. The focus is getting rid of the pain. People who have not had severe physical, emotional, psychological pain don't have a clue what it is like.

Even people who use recreationally are on some level, wanting to block out the pain that they experience when lucid. Just having the opportunity to have it gone.

Which is why these drugs are so addictive to people who want even a few minutes of life without the constant background chatter of pain. And so hard to stop.

Last edited by a moderator:
BBM. The 5th guy also came toward the end of the game or after it was over, didn't he?

The other four men watched the game, and all had been drinking heavily for hours. Does cocaine help with alertness in any way? Those three guys had to drive home, and DUI is still very illegal.

JMO
The 5th guy had said, initially through his lawyer, that he arrived at JW's around 7:00 PM and left at midnight. Although I haven't seen a definitive time for the 3 friends' arrival, I've read it was somewhere after the game ended, around 6:30 PM.

I was thrilled when IL legalized marijuana. Because you know exactly what you are getting from the dispensary. You just never know where your "guy" is getting his from. It's not worth the risk for me. I believe that fentanyl is sometimes laced in weed. But in this instance, I think the men got a hot batch (laced) of coke.
I have been begging my husband to start buying at a dispensary for this very reason! Or at the least, get some test strips. He insists that no one is lacing pot with fentanyl because of adding to the cost and I'm not so sure of that. It would seem more likely to mix it with cocaine though as fentanyl is cheaper than cocaine from what I just googled and it would make you become "dependent" on it, if it doesn't kill you first!!!

I have been begging my husband to start buying at a dispensary for this very reason! Or at the least, get some test strips. He insists that no one is lacing pot with fentanyl because of adding to the cost and I'm not so sure of that. It would seem more likely to mix it with cocaine though as fentanyl is cheaper than cocaine from what I just googled and it would make you become "dependent" on it, if it doesn't kill you first!!!
I mainly use my smoker pen (battery) for the cartridges. My dr called me in when pot first became legal here and told me the law was made for people like me, a severe pain patient with a history of addiction. I never wanna become physically dependent on anything but I know I’m emotionally and mentally addicted to weed. I’ve been smoking pot for over 51 years.

They injected into me via IV, so yes. I'm sure it's in solution when used for that purpose.

I believe all opiates can be made into injectables. Heroin users have been doing it for more than a century.

IMO. Morphine, ditto.
Yes, morphine and fentanyl come in IV form. I give both as an IV push or we hang fentanyl as a continuous infusion for sedation and pain relief for intubated ICU patients.

One thing we don't know is that the three were actually going directly home. We've heard they "left" at midnight or 2am. Who's to say they weren't planning to hang out somewhere else for a while? Bar, one of their homes, someone else's home, etc. It makes more sense to me that they weren't done partying then if they took a hit to wake up to drive home.

They ALL came after the game was over, according to everything I'm reading. The 3 friends arrived just after the game was over (time for celebration!) Then the fifth guy came over somewhat later.

Cocaine *does* help with alertness/acuity. My first study of the drug was among surgical residents and surgeons at a major hospital (and I have interviewed other doctors who specialize in the treatment of cocaine-addicted doctors). Indeed, many of these doctors continued to use under supervision of other doctors (cocaine is, after all, a prescribable drug). It's schedule II.

I don't think the four men watched the game together (they may have watched segments of it that were recorded, of course). I've known many people at parties where they did a bump right before going out the door to drive, actually.

If your theory is right, then the men probably didn't know their coke was laced with fentanyl (in which case it is indeed question about who brought it, when it began to be used, etc - maybe they did several lines of coke at around midnight - and it was laced with tiny amounts of fentanyl - either through cross-contamination by drug dealers packaging and weighing or for some other purpose).

So many weird things to think about - but fentanyl is definitely a major death-dealer in the US.
BBM. My theory is just a theory. I don't believe anyone there knew about the fentanyl.

I thought all four of the men watched the game together at a bar and then went to JW's house together to continue the celebration. The Chiefs had been having a string of losses so there was good reason to celebrate. I've just been baffled since we learned the fifth guy retained legal counsel, who immediately tried to discredit JW by claiming his dogs were present. Such a petty detail...

JMO

Years ago, my Dad was prescribed fentanyl patches for his spinal stenosis pain. The nurse told us to wear gloves when applying or removing them, but didn’t make a big deal of it. She also showed us how to pull off by the edges where there was no fentanyl. We had no clue about the drug then. My dad got zonked out from the patches and thankfully was able to stop using them.

Did any of the guys smoke? I can see one or more of the friends joining a smoker outside for a few minutes, and partaking in something that immediately knocked them out. The guy in the house could have been drunk, high, sleepy, and didn’t even know at the time. I have a harder time believing that he never knew the guys were dead in his yard. The digital trail will tell a lot.

I have wondered why the three "seemed" to only do the toxic drugs so late in their partying. I think what this article is saying is they didn't succumb to the toxic "chocolate chip" part until later that night, but still if they were doing any of the drugs earlier, you'd think it'd happen earlier too... which makes me wonder if there was a new batch of coke they started using late that either someone brought over or they had it and didn't use it until later.
Updated: FEB 2, 2024 / 11:35 AM CST

WDAF learned the three men were still alive in the wee hours of Jan. 8, maybe as early as 1:30 a.m. It wasn’t until late in the evening Jan. 9 that McGeeney’s fiancée went looking for him, eventually broke into the home and found a body.

[...]

“I really believe that this has to do with the chocolate chip cookie effect, which is basically this little amount of fentanyl that are scattered throughout the drug, are you going to get a chocolate chip or are you not?” Coffindaffer said on “CUOMO.” “If you get that chocolate chip of that fentanyl, that is when you die.”

I have wondered why the three "seemed" to only do the toxic drugs so late in their partying. I think what this article is saying is they didn't succumb to the toxic "chocolate chip" part until later that night, but still if they were doing any of the drugs earlier, you'd think it'd happen earlier too... which makes me wonder if there was a new batch of coke they started using late that either someone brought over or they had it and didn't use it until later.

WDAF learned the three men were still alive in the wee hours of Jan. 8, maybe as early as 1:30 a.m. It wasn’t until late in the evening Jan. 9 that McGeeney’s fiancée went looking for him, eventually broke into the home and found a body.

[...]

“I really believe that this has to do with the chocolate chip cookie effect, which is basically this little amount of fentanyl that are scattered throughout the drug, are you going to get a chocolate chip or are you not?” Coffindaffer said on “CUOMO.” “If you get that chocolate chip of that fentanyl, that is when you die.”
While we've all been asking why all three died and how unlikely three ODs are to be the COD (vs hypothermia being the cause or a big contributor), it sounds even more unlikely they'd all three get "chocolate chips." And while we have not seen the actual tox report, just heard about it third-hand, it sounded like the amount of fentanyl was fairly similar in all three of the dead men. MOO

So sad if this turns out to 100% be what happened which is always what I had thought all along and still feel that they most likely didnt know the coke was laced but I guess we will never really know.

"Families of the dead men have revealed that cops have told them that the three dead men had high levels of illicit drugs, including three times the lethal level of fentanyl as well as THC and cocaine in their systems. The final toxicology tests results have not been released."

Last edited:
I've read that it is laced with fentanyl to add to the weight.

JMO

So sad but what I thought all alone...it was MOO the only thing that really made sense :(

I can’t with the comments at the link for the second article. Some apparently think JW cooked up the fentanyl and cocaine.

While we've all been asking why all three died and how unlikely three ODs are to be the COD (vs hypothermia being the cause or a big contributor), it sounds even more unlikely they'd all three get "chocolate chips." And while we have not seen the actual tox report, just heard about it third-hand, it sounded like the amount of fentanyl was fairly similar in all three of the dead men. MOO
The Chocolate Cookie analogy is just one way in which the drugs are non-homogeneous, within one batch. Drug dealers don't cut batches of thousands of pounds of cocaine with fentanyl, they cut pounds or ounces at best. So there are dozens upon dozens of preparers across an area like KC, all making a few batches a week, all with different equipment and methods and levels of skill. Every single batch you buy is highly variable with respect to how much fentanyl is in it in addition to variability within that batch (the chocolate chips). When you do this industrially, you might mill several thousand pounds of powders for many hours to get to a pharmaceutical grade level of homogeneity and then use sophisticated analytical chemistry to make sure every subsequent batch was exactly the same. Lacing batches of Coke is done by street level criminals who were not in the top of their math or chemistry classes.

-never mind that the input ingredients also vary in potency as well so 1 oz of this one one days isn't the same as 1 oz the next day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57