MO MO - Janice Younger 18, Monett, July 1981

She looks somewhat similar to Janice, but I don't see any hint of a widow's peak hairline.

Yeah, the picture is not high quality. Not sure JMO if a widow's peak is there or not. The face and coloring grabbed my attention. Apparently, John Smith (SK) had a few photos of the same lady in his possession at the time of his Oct 3, 2003 arrest - he refuses to provide any information about this person.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Smith_(murderer)

What a great amount accomplished for this lady in such a short time. You people get stuff done!

As much as the AG unidentified and Janice Look alike, the UID was reportedly found before Janice disappeared, had red hair and green eyes (not blonde and blue), and was 5 inches shorter than Janice.

Nola's picture lady is interesting, I think it might be worth submitting, although she is missing a widow's peak. Lucas' Corona victim definitely has all the right stats. I am thankful to Carl for submitting tips to both the UID's AND Janice's investigators. Carl, you rock my world! Please, please, please keep us posted if you hear anything - I care about what happened to this young lady.

In addition to Nola's photo, there's a different one of the same person at http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/smith_betty.html (scroll to bottom, she is on lower right.)

There really is a strong resemblance to Janice. Apparently John Smith III had multiple photos of two individual women in his possession and he refused to identify either one. Nola's Doenetwork lady is one of those women.

I saw the e-mail address earlier today, and e-mailed her to give her a heads up on what is going on. I also invited her to join Websleuths and join the discussion if she wished.

Janice's sister replied to my e-mail, and she provided some additional info (I took the liberty to correct a few minor typos in her messages):

Thank you for your email and your efforts in searching for my sister Janice. I wish that I had known about your site years ago when I kept hitting brick walls with the investigation. It is interesting that the girl in your picture resembles my sister.

In 1983, along Hwy 39, Shell Knob, Missouri, a partial of human remains were found by two hunters lying in a ditch at the bottom of a hill. When I saw the story on the news I immediately called the Missouri State Police giving them the information concerning my sister Janice and her disappearance. They had already completed a facial reconstruction of her so my mother and I went to Cassville, Barry Co. Mo. (county seat) and viewed a picture of the reconstruction (Colorado University) and the articles found with the remains (a jawbone, some digits.).

We did not recognize any of the articles and said so. We also felt that the reconstruction of the clay model was not Janice as the hair was way too dark and the est, height was wrong. This person to me resembled someone with Indian or Hispanic nature with a short stature. (Jan was 5'10, slim, wlth brown/blond hair that was permed)

That being said, I will not mention all of the trouble we have had with the Law enforcement in that area and county. Every six months to a year, we would call up there and request and update without any success.

Enter the era of DNA. Janice had two sons, ages 6mo. and 1 year when she went missing. Now the two boys have reunited and have a boy each of their own. Of course with that the discussion came up and the boys wanted to know.

So I sent a Request for Information to Barry Co., Missouri State Police, Monett, Mo. city PD and to make a long story short needless to say it was a treasure hunt. No one had a clue about her. She was not in any formal reports. A Detective finally found some info in Cassville, Mo. at CPD.

He has worked with me since then (summer 2009) and we obtained mitochondrial DNA from one of her sons. We entered it in to the system to see if we get a hit. It did come back to a positive toward the remains at Shell Knob, Missouri.

So, from then (July 2011) up until now, I had no idea that she was still listed as a missing person out of Missouri and do not understand why. I have passed onto the detective in charge many times, information and tips i have received from various people. He says he has alot of "current" cases he is working on and tries to work on Janice's when he can...

I do agree that your Jane Doe has a striking appearance to my sister Janice. I do have a couple of older photo's left (Detectives cleaned out the rest) and I will try to get them downloaded onto my computer and send to you. I am puzzled by this as I keep going back in my mind to the reconstruction and seeing a person of Hispanic or American Indian not my sister, although they said it was done by a very prominent reconstruction person well renown in his field. And they told me the DNA matched. I have a low threshold of trust for law enforcement.

But, unless other info surfaces, I have to believe this is true. So for this time I have to say that my sister was identified and is now in the category of homicide investigations and still at the bottom of the case files of importance.

I like your forum and found it very informative. Please keep in touch and I am open to any suggestions you all may have as to go from here.

I replied as follows:

Thanks for the reply.

I contacted Heather Elder again on Thursday to ask about the unidentified remains found in Shell Knob. She sent me a link to the State of Missouri’s list of unidentified decedents (UID’s).

http://www.mshp.dps.mo.gov/MSHPWeb/...sonsJuvenileUnit/unidentifiedPersonsList.html

She was unaware of any UID’s in Shell Knob, and said that the only female found in the state of Missouri in 1983 who is still unidentified was a woman found in Kansas City, and she had dentures.

I am also a little skeptical about the alleged mitochondrial (mtDNA) hit. mtDNA is not as reliable as nuclear (nucDNA). mtDNA has about a 1 in 300 probability of a false-positive, while nucDNA has a probability of less than 1 in 100-million, so the fact that there was a mtDNA hit is not necessarily conclusive. Also, whenever there is a mtDNA hit, they must follow up with additional testing. They can’t just take a mtDNA hit as conclusive proof of identity.

You had mentioned serial killers in your A&E post. And I do know that Henry Lee Lucas and Otis Toole had traveled all over the country (including Missouri) during their killing spree. Although some of the murders to which they confessed were false-confessions, they almost certainly did commit a large number of murders. Toole was recently proven to have been the killer of Adam Walsh, whose father hosts America’s Most Wanted. As you may have noticed, Lucas claimed responsibility for the murder of the woman found in Corona CA

But the bottom line here is that it is not all that implausible that she would end up in California having been kidnapped in Missouri. Back around the same time in the early 80’s, a 17 year old girl named Bambi Dick from Davenport Iowa went to a Quiet Riot concert in Davenport and disappeared. Just a couple of years ago (about 25 years after her disappearance), they finally matched her up to a UID found in a ditch in Amarillo TX shortly after she went missing. Nobody knows how she got from Davenport to Amarillo (nearly 1000 miles away).

I would like to mention on the thread that you replied, but I will not do so unless you say it’s OK. I look forward to seeing the additional photos of Janice, and whatever the case is with the Shell Knob UID, we should get a more definitive answer regarding the Corona Jane Doe.

Also, you said that she was 5’10”. Are you sure she was that tall? Her NCIC entry says that she was only 5’7”.

I look forward to hearing from you again.

Carl

She replied again as follows:

Carl,
Thanks for info. I do not trust the mtDNA either and know how it can have a false hit. I am making arrangements to go up to Cassville, Mo. to speak with Detective Henry of the Barry Co. Sheriff's Dept. hopefully this week. I will get a copy of the DNA report.

It is odd that this other missing person was from Kansas City Area. What I can glean out of the reports that were located on the first investigation, the main suspect was a guy from Kansas City who they tried to link to these remains via a man's class ring found with the remains. He is absolutely no one we knew or felt Janice knew at the time she went missing in 1981. Also with the remains there was a sandal type shoe with a broken strap and a turquoise ring. Unless she got them from someone else, neither belonged to my sister. I have her turquoise ring.

Perhaps the reason Ms Elder does not know of any other UID's from Shell Knob or Missouri during that time is that they never put Janice on any missing reports although we did definitely report her missing on the 19th of July, 1981 to Barry Co.MO, Cassville, Monett and Springdale Arkansas where she lived. We found this out thru the FOIA when I requested all information, articles, pictures and any remains. They had a heck of a time locating it. Also, the part of the reconstructed Skull, (part of a lower jaw bone) was discovered to be ONLY clay when Texas State went to test it. They then had to scramble around to figure out where the pieces of remains were.

I suggested Colorado University since that is where the reconstruction was performed. They did have it. All these years, we have been asking for the remains to bury and they would say they couldn't find them, or they were packed away in an attic at the PD, or they thought they were lost, and it set them the University in Colorado in a drawer....so many excuses for incompetence.

Jan may have been 5' 9" but she was definately taller than 5'7". I have a daughter who resembles her in looks and height and she is 5'9". Also, My other daughter is 5'7" and I know Janice was taller than she. Both of her sons are 6'4 and 6'5. She also had a broken Right arm from a fall when she was a small child maybe three, She had extensive dental work, thru Dr. Honeycutt in Monett, Mo. But no dentures.

You may post any of my emails if you would like. I do not mind.

One other thing - Janice did some modeling for some guy. She also told my mother that she was going to do something that would make my mom happy. There are a lot of weird instances that have over the years happened with her investigation.

I will go online and look at the link you sent.

Again, Thank you

:applause:

Thanks Carl for uncovering the latest update for Janice Younger. It is nice to hear from her sister and know that they have had some sort of resolution. Do you know if LE will conduct additional DNA testing to be sure that the Shell Knob girl is for sure Janice? Seems like that would be the next step. She seems satisfied.

If we are sure that she has been recovered, do we need to move this thread to unsolved homicides?

Thanks again for your quick action and communication on this case.

I also send Janice's sister an e-mail asking her to join WS and the discussion.

:applause:

Thanks Carl for uncovering the latest update for Janice Younger. It is nice to hear from her sister and know that they have had some sort of resolution. Do you know if LE will conduct additional DNA testing to be sure that the Shell Knob girl is for sure Janice? Seems like that would be the next step. She seems satisfied.

If we are sure that she has been recovered, do we need to move this thread to unsolved homicides?

Thanks again for your quick action and communication on this case.

I also send Janice's sister an e-mail asking her to join WS and the discussion.

At first, she indicated "until something else surfaces, [she has] to believe that it's true", but further on, she still expresses doubt. And she isn't getting much cooperation from LE.

I'm not satisfied yet that she has been identified. The State of Missouri still lists her as missing, and I can't find anything online regarding the Shell Knob Jane Doe. If she was unidentified as recently as 2009, one would think she should have been listed in DoeNet, either as an active case, or among the resolved cases.

I've seen false-positives before, and there are too many discrepancies. The Shell Knob Jane Doe was the wrong height, had rings and clothing that didn't belong to Janice, seemed to be the wrong race, and was possibly connected to a perp to whom she had no known connection. In addition, the detective seems distracted with other matters.

She added a little more info:

Oh. and McDonald County is about thirty minutes from me. Janice lived in Springdale, AR (I still live here). She went to Monett Missouri to visit her 18 month son in foster care. A guy friend took her there. He was supposed to pick her up on Saturday afternoon, but she never showed.

She often hitchhiked. There is a truck stop on 71 just south of Monett. One theory is that she was done early with the visit and decided to hitchhike back to Springdale (about an hour) to save her friend from having to drive up to get her.

She was seen at the Wal-Mart parking lot by a family friend getting into an older blue pickup with camper shell. The same pickup was seen by this same friend at the Tyson Plant across the highway from Wal-Mart. There is no record of the PD ever questioning the person who owned that truck. And even though it is mentioned in the report, it never had a tag ran on it.

I will tell you this. McDonald, Barry and Lawrence Counties have always been known for not-so-stellar PD/Government. Lots of prostitution, drugs and even baby selling is wide spread there and the PD is usually right smack in the middle of it.

I am sad to say that Janice was involved in some of this as pertaining to drugs.

Question--how do we go about proving if DNA is correct or not?

Any help in that area would be greatly appreciated.

Wow. What an incredibly painful and frustrating experience for Janice's sister. I hope she knows that there ARE people out there who care. If she still has the strength and determination to seek answers after so much resistance, I'd love to do what I could to help. I wonder if contacting some reporters and/or attorneys in the area might help move things forward? I'd be happy to help find some names or compose a letter. Obviously I would NEVER do so without the express request of her family, because if they're more comfortable with letting it go, I would totally understand that. I'm so deeply sorry for this lady's loss and for the struggles she's had with the people entrusted to serve her.

I am switching to the new cold case of the week today. I usually turn off the spotlight prefix, but since you're still hot on the trail, I'll leave it up a little longer this time. Please let me know if you need my assistance with this case in the future.

Thank you all for bringing Janice back in the forefront! I pray this is going to lead to some answers and ultimately justice! :rose:

I have mixed feelings here. On one hand, it certainly does make sense for the UID found reasonably close to be Janice as opposed to someone in some far-flung locale. Also, the fact that the reconstruction did not look like her sister....well, what can I say? We've all seen that some recons are a LOT better than others....

On the other hand, for the reasons Carl points out, this doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense.....what about her question.....is there a way she can get a more definitive answer? Only Janice's sister can say whether or not whatever additional steps that might entail would be beneficial, or whether it may be too painful to go through all of this again, only to find out it was her all along or get another inconclusive answer. But I'd at least like her to know what her options are so she can make an informed choice.

Also, she says they never ran the tag on the blue truck with the camper shell. Do they still have the tag? Is there a way they can find out what vehicle that plate was registered to in 1981??

I have mixed feelings here. On one hand, it certainly does make sense for the UID found reasonably close to be Janice as opposed to someone in some far-flung locale. Also, the fact that the reconstruction did not look like her sister....well, what can I say? We've all seen that some recons are a LOT better than others....

On the other hand, for the reasons Carl points out, this doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense.....what about her question.....is there a way she can get a more definitive answer? Only Janice's sister can say whether or not whatever additional steps that might entail would be beneficial, or whether it may be too painful to go through all of this again, only to find out it was her all along or get another inconclusive answer. But I'd at least like her to know what her options are so she can make an informed choice.

I'll make a couple of phone calls tomorrow to see what I can find out.

Can you guys give me the short answer as to why the mitochondrial DNA is suspect? I'm not sure how Janice son's MitDNA would hit positive for any non relative (mother's lineage). I've looked for examples and stats on false positives on line for heritage but have only seen false positives relating to disease indicators. I keep coming up with 99% accuracy. I'm sure I'm missing something?

I certainly understand that if the reconstruction doesn't look right then family will have lingering questions and not be convinced that their loved one has been identified. I have learned that all autopsies are the same -- and documentations can be riddled with error. But, was there a reason to question the DNA results? Or, was the DNA comparison not done in a reputable lab? Contamination possible?

I so 'get' the idea that LE doesn't appear to have been very dedicated to this case. I was heart sick to read about the bones not being located. Honestly, that's outrageous! I'm glad to know that most police jursidictions consider unknown victims as part of their family, not just bones to shuffle around from place to place.

--shaking head with dismay --

SO sad that Janice's family has had to put up with this sort of treatment through the years.

Thanks again for humoring my questions... and please let me know what I'm missing about the reliability of mitochondria DNA to determine maternal lineage.

Hi,
I am Mary Stilwell, Janice Younger is my sister. I was contacted thru email by two of your members recently and I felt that perhaps I should respond by giving an update.

I can tell you that the last 31 years has been a rollercoaster. I am a firm believer that if you allow the Lord to lead you and your life, then it seems a bit less chaotic.

I am excited to see that finally, she is a topic of conversation. Usually, its a bad thing to be but in this case it is excitiing. Yes, I feel that she has "slipped thru the cracks." I am not going to point fingers, that is a job for someone else. But, what I am going to do is give you the information I have or know. Please forgive me for such a lengthy post. I will try to cut it down as much as I can.

1981, July 16, Janice was driven to Monett by a friend who dropped her off in front of family whom lived on Boys St., Monett. (At the time we nor she knew they were not home and were infact out of state) so we do not know where she slept that night.

1981, July 17, Janice's Birthday, she turned 19, she kept the visistation with her son at noon., Left their house walking back to town. Last contact we know of. Later that afternoon, her friend came back up to Monett to pick her up at resident on Boys st, Monett. She did not show. He said he drove around town looking for her. Finally, he called me in NW Arkansas to see if she had returned home since I was keeping her 9mo son at the time for her.

I made calls to relatives in Monett but no one had seen her....
I called my mother and then I called Springdale PD whom informed me that since she was in MO I had to report her missing there, Also, because at the time she was concidered an adult at 18 in Arkansas and in MO it was 21. I proceeded to call Monett PD, was told to wait the 48 hours and call back Monday... I did and gave info...Then I called Cassville and reported her missing. Then I called Springdale back and they too took a report. Later that week, Cassville/MO SPD said they had placed her on a Possible Homicide Missing Person 4 State and that after 72 hours she would then go National.

fastforward to 1983--I saw a report on the news about a possible female remains found near Shell Knob, Mo. I called the number of the MO State Police and gave them information.

(at this time, I do not have my notebook with me so I am not sure of dates)
but, I was contacted by a Detective out of Cassville to view a Clay rendation of the remains and some articles found with it. Both my Mother and I went to Cassville where we were shown a picture. We both did not believe it looked anything like Jan. We did not recognize the articles and we told them we did not think it was her. They said it was because dental records said so.

later that week, it appeared in the Springdale Morning News that the remains found in Shell Knob was Janice. Even tho we said we did not believe it was her. After that I called several times to find out how things were going. was always to ok. I asked for remains to be sent to my mother, they said could not find them, did not know where they were, they'd have to look etc. NEVER received remains. Called and Offered to come get them. My mom wanted to have her own autopsy/study done. No return calls... My mom decided to not pursue.

1987- Detective contacted me in MO. about Janice. Came and took interview and almost all pictures of Jan that I could give him.... Never heard anything. Tried to contact him with no results.

Everytime I saw something on tv about findings or missings or serial killers, I would call...

fastforward to 2009, I contacted Barry Co. Sheriff about wanting her remains and wanting to reopen case. He suggested to do a Mydachondrial DNA with her son to identify the woman. to rule out or prove if was/wasn't Jan...He would have to contact FBI to get permission to send it somewhere to be tested. Finally, FBI said ok and to send it to Texas State University. Detective sent the jaw of the skull

December 24, 2009, Detective called me and said that they (TS) were getting ready to work on her case.

February 2010, Detective called and said that the jaw bone was not bone but clay... so they needed the other part of remains. Did I know where they might be...I said, Cassville, Columbia Mo, (LAB) or possibly Colorado University where the reconstruction was done... He found them in Colorado. They had been there since 1984. Detective told me that they would send all to Texas State. 13 months later, I recieved an email stating that the mtDNA came back positive to the Shell Knob, MO 1983 remains. That it was Jan. I asked detective to send me report and possibly anything that was not needed for investigation as this was now a Homicide. I never recieved anything. I contacted several time to set up a meeting, calls/emails not returned. My daughter finally contacted him thru her work (Springdale PD) He said he had turned it all over to the Missouri State Police...

I still have no death certificate, No mtDNA report, No remains, and now No clue as to what to do. I am ready to find a lawyer.

So, this is why when I was contacted by your members I was surprised that she was still listed as missing. That she was not moved to an active Homicide case.

It has been a year since I was told that the mtDNA came back to her. I don't understand why it has taken so long. But, I can tell you that they Picture of the girl with curly hair looks more like Jan then the clay reconstruction.

I don't know what to do now. I once again have more questions than answers but I will persevere.

I so very very much appreciatewhat all of you are doing and hope somehow, somewhere I can get answers. My Mother passed in 1996 without ever knowing what happened to her daughter.

vitals,
Janice Arlene Younger
DOB 17 July 1962
Born: Harrisonville, Mo
Height: 5' 09/5' 10 (5'07 was the height listed on her drivers license)
Weight: 120
Hair: Light Brown to Blonde (darker in winter, blonder in summer)
she wore it shoulder length and permed curly as was the 80's style)
She attended Monett and also Washburn, MO. High
She did have a gap between her two front teeth, had extensive dental work, and had Blue eyes.

Since Noone saw her after July 17,1981, it is the date that I believe she died. Or at least within 24 hours. She also was known to hitchhike and there is a truckstop in Monett that she might have gone to find a ride back to Springdale, only 1 hour away.

That is all, I am open to questions. I try to keep records and such but my Memory is not as good as it use to be.

Thank You!
for me and for Jan

Mary-
Thank you for sharing this with us. I am so glad to see you on WS. This has obviously been a heartbreaking journey for you and your family. I am so sorry that this happened to Janice. I will say that this case is in the hands of some very experienced sleuthers here at WS -- (not me), but others on this thread have had great success over the years in finding answers. I pray that the same will be true for Janice.

Thanks for offering to answer questions for us. I had actually just posted a question about the reliability of the mitDNA taken and compared in this case. I can certainly understand the hesitation now -- not seeing the reports would make anyone skeptical.

You mentioned that Janice had spent the night in Monett -- seems to me like she could have called a childhood friend for a place to stay. Had any of her previous friends talked to her on July 16 or morning of July 17? Had any locals (restaurants or bars) seen her that night of the 16th? It would be natural for her to hang out with old friends. I'm sure you all have checked this out, anybody come forward?

Did anybody see her after the foster parent visit with her child?

Welcome to Web Sleuths!!!! And I will apologize now for bombarding you with questions. Sorry, just glad to have you here.

Can you guys give me the short answer as to why the mitochondrial DNA is suspect? I'm not sure how Janice son's MitDNA would hit positive for any non relative (mother's lineage). I've looked for examples and stats on false positives on line for heritage but have only seen false positives relating to disease indicators. I keep coming up with 99% accuracy. I'm sure I'm missing something?

Regarding mother's lineage, a mother and son can be compared using mtDNA. What matters is not the genders of the two people being compared, but the connection between the two people. The connection must be either mother/child, or else the branches of their family tree that connect them to each other must be all female ancestors. They could be siblings, cousins, aunt/nephew, aunt/niece, grandmother/grandson, etc., as long as the ancestral connection is all females.

In response to your other question, a 1-in-300 probability of false positive (1/300 = 0.333%) is the same thing as saying 99.67% accuracy (i.e., the results are correct 299/300 of the time). The two ratios are inverse to each other, and say the same thing two different ways.

I am not saying that mitochondrial DNA results are necessarily suspect. They just aren't reliable as nuclear DNA, and when statistically, you can expect to be wrong once in every 300 cases, it's a good idea to double-check your results.

In Mary's message just now, she indicated that they had made a dental match back in 1983. She had not mentioned that before, so it would seem to support the contention that these remains do belong to Janice - especially when the results came from two different agencies.

Nevertheless, the behavior of the various agencies has my hinky meter on high. They seem to be behaving like they have something to hide, but I'm not sure what it would be that they are hiding. Why won't they release the remains? Why won't they issue a death certificate? Why is she still listed in the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) as a missing person if she was identified not once, but twice?

Maybe this can all be attributed to Law Enforcement laziness, but Mary alluded to law-enforcement corruption and Janice's involvement in the drug culture. Perhaps they know more about what happened to her than they are willing to admit.

The lack of resemblance to the facial reconstruction isn't that big of a deal, as I've seen plenty of facial reconstructions that are completely off. But killers don't normally put strange jewlery and sandals on their victims prior to disposing of their bodies, and when the authorities find the bones of a 5'9" to 5'10" female, it would seem to me that this would be the first thing they would point to when appealing to the public for help identifying her.

thank you for posting that -- I know how hard it was . (believe me, I KNOW how hard that was!) I hope that some answers will start coming your way. You are an awesome sister for continuing on the journey. I'm sad for your mom that she went to her grave not knowing -- but I also wonder if she is now helping your find her? Big, supportive hugs.

Regarding mother's lineage, a mother and son can be compared using mtDNA. What matters is not the genders of the two people being compared, but the connection between the two people. The connection must be either mother/child, or else the branches of their family tree that connect them to each other must be all female ancestors. They could be siblings, cousins, aunt/nephew, aunt/niece, grandmother/grandson, etc., as long as the ancestral connection is all females.

In response to your other question, a 1-in-300 probability of false positive (1/300 = 0.333%) is the same thing as saying 99.67% accuracy (i.e., the results are correct 299/300 of the time). The two ratios are inverse to each other, and say the same thing two different ways.

I am not saying that mitochondrial DNA results are necessarily suspect. They just aren't reliable as nuclear DNA, and when statistically, you can expect to be wrong once in every 300 cases, it's a good idea to double-check your results.

<respectfully snipped>

Thanks Carl for your help with understanding your point of view; I get it -- I didn't have a gender question, I understand mitDNA, just couldn't find a source for the false positives that you mention and wanted to understand more about that aspect. Especially to see if false positives had occurred in forensic identifications studies. Do you have a link for the false positives? Thanks for contributing to my must read list, my friend. :rocker:

Because nucDNA is most accurate, one would hope that LE would be collecting DNA samples from the toothbrush of the recently missing person immediately.

AND...Agreed about the dentals; but, also totally understand the family's lack of confidence in anything they haven't been able to see for themselves. This is such a sad case of LE letting a family down IMO.

So nice to see Mary on the thread. There is still lots to do for her and Janice.

Do you have a link for the false positives?

Not off the top of my head. I don't recall now where I saw the 1-in-300 figure (actually, the exact number was little more than 300), but I do recall seeing it while I was reading-up on the subject.

And I don't know of any specific instances where they had a false-positive on a mtDNA test.

Not off the top of my head. I don't recall now where I saw the 1-in-300 figure (actually, the exact number was little more than 300), but I do recall seeing it while I was reading-up on the subject.

And I don't know of any specific instances where they had a false-positive on a mtDNA test.

Thanks, me either. I only saw lab error as a cause for less than 100% accuracy.

At least my reading list stays the same. lol.

With this case IMO there seems to be so much information still out there that could help connect a perp to this crime. I am going to start praying that the local LE will become an ally in this quest.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaleyilene01
Back