Found Deceased MO - John Forsyth, 49, doctor, Mercy ER Clinic, Cassville, 21 May 2023 *car found* #2

I never had any doubt that it was a suicide. I hope he is at peace now.

This case in particular has made me more conscious about taking statements from mourning loved ones with a grain of salt. They don't always have all the info that law enforcement has, and then when they get the information, they often have trouble accepting it. It's a coping mechanism, imo, and I have noticed statements from family leading to unnecessary accusations and drama in several current cases that I am following at Websleuths. Grieving is a brutal process and sometimes I wonder how any of us gets through it.

Considering Dr. Forsyth’s personality and the intense way he lived his life, I can accept the suicide version. I am very sorry for all Dr. Forsyth’s relatives and the people to whom he was dear. I also feel sorry for Dr. Forsyth’s patients. Not only his huge family lost a beloved one, but the whole community lost a good doctor. RIP.

Well have to stay tuned. Appears that this former local tv person knows soooo much more and will be able to share *soon*. Sure sounds as of we are in for some shocking facts.
Good respected career, new baby, LDS, beloved by his other 7 children and relatives....
But suicide. And I believe he was trying to keep it secret -perhaps for insurance puposes- so I doubt we will get the WHY directly from the deceased. Crypto??? Finances???

Was the weapon found?
I'm guessing no as the brother's gun was tested and found not to be the one used in the death. If they had recovered the one used, they would have known it was the right one.
I feel the doctor shot himself while in the lake and his body moved about, finding that gun in the silt/mud/debris of that large body of water would be very difficult.

Considering Dr. Forsyth’s personality and the intense way he lived his life, I can accept the suicide version. I am very sorry for all Dr. Forsyth’s relatives and the people to whom he was dear. I also feel sorry for Dr. Forsyth’s patients. Not only his huge family lost a beloved one, but the whole community lost a good doctor. RIP.
And I wonder just how family is now relating to the fiance and new sibling....I wonder if she has been embraced in love, or is feeling as if she is living on an island...

Sympathy for his loved ones, but at least the uncertainty is over.

I got the impression he was a very good, kind, generous and strong man, he supported everyone around him. But that can be very hard: everyone looks to that kind of person for support, yet they may find it impossible to ask for support in return. Where do they find help when they need it?

So, I am not so surprised, and there were things he did beforehand that, IMO, can be better understood in this context. Also, I'm relieved there was no crime against him.

JMO

Well have to stay tuned. Appears that this former local tv person knows soooo much more and will be able to share *soon*. Sure sounds as of we are in for some shocking facts.
Good respected career, new baby, LDS, beloved by his other 7 children and relatives....
But suicide. And I believe he was trying to keep it secret -perhaps for insurance puposes- so I doubt we will get the WHY directly from the deceased. Crypto??? Finances???

Gifted, fast, impulsive. Working hard and probably getting very little financially because of the messy situations he made out of his life. I think he just got burned out, overwhelmed and tired. I doubt it was crypto. Could he get in trouble, surely. But it would be the same trouble as always.

I never had any doubt that it was a suicide. I hope he is at peace now.

This case in particular has made me more conscious about taking statements from mourning loved ones with a grain of salt. They don't always have all the info that law enforcement has, and then when they get the information, they often have trouble accepting it. It's a coping mechanism, imo, and I have noticed statements from family leading to unnecessary accusations and drama in several current cases that I am following at Websleuths. Grieving is a brutal process and sometimes I wonder how any of us gets through it.
Starting sometime around the end of November, I became increasingly convinced it was suicide. But, it’s difficult to wrap your brain around.

First, suicide is just plain hard to handle. Secondly, how is a family supposed to cope with understanding that someone they knew and loved would go to such great lengths to make it look like a murder? I suppose the answer to that, in Johnny’s case, would be he didn’t want his kids to feel that he abandoned them. And maybe he wanted his parents and siblings to feel he died in somehow more of a noble way—in some twisted sense of being a murder victim. Johnny would have wanted to be viewed as someone completely in control, admired and successful rather than someone who would choose to die. I’m sure of that.

I’m not sure my cousin’s parents will ever accept his death as suicide. But it’s hard to explain to them that the label of suicide over murder does nothing to change my affection for him. It just makes me sad that he felt driven to do it, with no warning signs that we would have picked up on beforehand.

Thanks, everyone for your well-wishes.

Starting sometime around the end of November, I became increasingly convinced it was suicide. But, it’s difficult to wrap your brain around.

First, suicide is just plain hard to handle. Secondly, how is a family supposed to cope with understanding that someone they knew and loved would go to such great lengths to make it look like a murder? I suppose the answer to that, in Johnny’s case, would be he didn’t want his kids to feel that he abandoned them. And maybe he wanted his parents and siblings to feel he died in somehow more of a noble way—in some twisted sense of being a murder victim. Johnny would have wanted to be viewed as someone completely in control, admired and successful rather than someone who would choose to die. I’m sure of that.

I’m not sure my cousin’s parents will ever accept his death as suicide. But it’s hard to explain to them that the label of suicide over murder does nothing to change my affection for him. It just makes me sad that he felt driven to do it, with no warning signs that we would have picked up on beforehand.

A family member of mine committed suicide a couple years ago and his parents instructed the family to not tell anyone the cause of death. As a society we have learned so much about depression and mental health, but instead of looking at it as a medical issue, many still attach a lot of shame to it. I personally try to look at suicide as someone no longer hurting, and hopefully at peace, who I will see again someday. I send my sincere condolences to John's family and hope they can make peace and heal their broken hearts.

So sorry this loss has been so public for your family. Hopefully the findings will bring some closure and some healing to you all. Praying for your family in these turbulent days to find peace amidst the chaos left by sudden loss.

I realize that it's taken an extremely long time to get answers regarding Johnny’s death. True healing comes with acceptance. As you know, there is no shame in suicide. Hopefully, his family will reach that in time.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LPopadoodles
Back