GUILTY MO - Rowan Ford, 9, raped & murdered, Stella, 3 Nov 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
The above article does not say how Rowan got to Collings trailer. According to Spears when he arrives at the trailer Collings is already molesting the child. I think there is more to the story than what is being told.

Maybe he is trying to cover up for his Mom knowing anything?

Colleen Spears has been with the step Dad for 5 years - I don't think I'm ready to throw her under the bus because of age, nor for having to work on a job that required her to be away at night. Yes she has another daughter who is over 18, but not living in that home./QUOTE]

The reality is that he was 19 years old when they met/married. She was 39. He was certainly not what I would consider an adult worthy of becoming a step-dad.

While I agree - I still don't find it reason to speak so harshly of a woman who has just lost a child in the most heinous fashion either. People make mistakes, they mess up - eveyone does. Study on the guilt she must feel for this happening, if you think she feels none you are greatly mistaken.

What I see in Rowan's mother breaks my heart. She is an aging woman who thought she had found a new soul-mate in life....but he ended up being the devil in disguise. If you look at the Myspace layouts of the main characters in this tragedy, you have essentially a satanic looking layout of "Chris", and the private account of Spears.....complete with his "cool" cowboy persona. Colleen, the mother, has a motif depicting an Indian maiden and wolves. Colleen reminds me of the old movie Billy Jack. In my opinion, she is a woman who loved nature, and probably her family. She had a "F"ing job, which is probably more than you can say for Spears and company! Many predators prey on women like this. They look for older women with younger children....especially women who probably are clueless that there is evil in this world. I don't understand why it took so long for the mother to report little Rowan missing. WTF did they DO all day? I wish I lived close enough to go and visit Spears and Chirs in prison. I would just like to look them in the eye and ask them WHY!!! I don't understand. I don't think any sane person can understand. I also REALLY need to know what kind of drugs were involved so that I can step up the battle against them. I am just sick over this. Probably will have a migraine in the morning. I am tired of crying and grieving over innocent children who have been hurt beyond anything I could ever imagine. I am tired of grieving. I am angry. I want it to stop. I hate evil.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=74281145
Chris Collins myspace page. WARNING.....contains sexual material.

Did anyone notice how it says "horny" as Chris' mood on his MySpace profile? I am just sickened beyond words.

Hello, everyone, I hope this post finds you in good spirits. While this is my first post, I am surely not new to this site. I've been reading for a very long time; however, I just couldn't help myself. I had to post regarding this case since it is so close to where I reside. (One of our beloved got me hooked on this site - Joyce Harrison.)

From the first moment I heard of Rowan's missing to when her so-called step-father was crying on the news, I knew he had played a part in her disappearance. He didn't even help look for her with the search party nor was he staying at the family home after she went missing. ODD!!

Many prayers to Rowan's family and may she find the peace she didn't have in the last moments of her short life.

And, thanks for having me...

Swannie

Welcome Swannie-I appreciate your heartfelt post. I am a single parent, survivor of a very difficult marriage and scorched earth divorce. I have small children and let me pass along my philosophy regarding companionship...my children are first second and third in my life. I am a big grownup who can manage my feelings and my loneliness when it happens-what is the big rush to bring someone new into your life out of desperation? There is no one that I have spent time with that I have even mentioned to my children, much less introduced them to. Why confuse them-my adult life is separate from my life as a parent for now and I would rather maintain that until they are teens. Be skeptical and be cautious when it comes to the people who touch your children's lives!!!!!!! You have to keep them safe-it is your responsibility and your job.

Welcome Swannie-I appreciate your heartfelt post. I am a single parent, survivor of a very difficult marriage and scorched earth divorce. I have small children and let me pass along my philosophy regarding companionship...my children are first second and third in my life. I am a big grownup who can manage my feelings and my loneliness when it happens-what is the big rush to bring someone new into your life out of desperation? There is no one that I have spent time with that I have even mentioned to my children, much less introduced them to. Why confuse them-my adult life is separate from my life as a parent for now and I would rather maintain that until they are teens. Be skeptical and be cautious when it comes to the people who touch your children's lives!!!!!!! You have to keep them safe-it is your responsibility and your job.

Wonderfully said. While I feel much sympathy for the mother, and I don't really want to fix blame, the truth is that a woman needs to separate companionship from responsibility for her children.

Has anyone heard about the biological father?

Maybe he is trying to cover up for his Mom knowing anything?

I just can't understand how he was so *messed up* that he blacked out and yet his mother isn't suspicious when he calls her in the middle of the night for her vehicle ... not to watch Rowan, because he's going out ... not to check on her ... but to use her vehicle. COME ON, this lady knows way more than she's revealing.

I just can't understand how he was so *messed up* that he blacked out and yet his mother isn't suspicious when he calls her in the middle of the night for her vehicle ... not to watch Rowan, because he's going out ... not to check on her ... but to use her vehicle. COME ON, this lady knows way more than she's revealing.

I agree. I think most people would say "no" if their adult son wanted them to bring over a car in the middle of the night and sit up waiting while he drove around to "clear his head." At the least, there would be much suspicion and lots of pointed questions about why such trouble was necessary.

http://www.joplinglobe.com/local/local_story_314221543.html

The village of Stella, with a population of fewer than 200 people, is in southern Newton County. David Spears’ mother, Myrna Spears, lives nearby, and said Saturday that she was unsure whether her son could have committed the crime.

“My heart says no, but my brain says anybody is capable of anything,” she said. “Get enough booze in them and there’s no telling what they’ll do, even if it’s totally against their nature.”

Myrna Spears stopped short of saying her son had a problem with alcohol, which authorities have said may have played a role in the murder.

“He’d been off booze for about a year,” she said, but said that her son had started drinking again recently.

I think his mom is trying to justify what this monster did to herself... and alchohol problem? Uh... yea... that excuses murder...

“My heart says no, but my brain says anybody is capable of anything,” she said. “Get enough booze in them and there’s no telling what they’ll do, even if it’s totally against their nature.”

Myrna Spears stopped short of saying her son had a problem with alcohol, which authorities have said may have played a role in the murder.

“He’d been off booze for about a year,” she said, but said that her son had started drinking again recently.

So, is she saying he was drunk when she lent him the car? Surely she doesn't believe that normal people are likely to rape and murder children when they are drunk.

So, is she saying he was drunk when she lent him the car? Surely she doesn't believe that normal people are likely to rape and murder children when they are drunk.

Why would you lend your car to a drunk person? Maybe this woman had some fear herself of him? Maybe he had threatened her before or been abusive before? I don't believe the behavior shows up from 1 night of drinking but a regular occurance. This mom knows more than she is sharing. IMO.

Why would you lend your car to a drunk person? Maybe this woman had some fear herself of him? Maybe he had threatened her before or been abusive before? I don't believe the behavior shows up from 1 night of drinking but a regular occurance. This mom knows more than she is sharing. IMO.

My personal opinion, I don't think she was afraid of him as much as she was afraid for him.

"He's my one and only," Myrna Spears said about her son, choking back tears.

Where exactly are the tears for ROWAN?

The only consolation I have in this case is that these two SOB's will be given the extraordinary special treatment they deserve once they hit prison.
:behindbar :behindbar :behindbar

The village of Stella, with a population of fewer than 200 people, is in southern Newton County. David Spears’ mother, Myrna Spears, lives nearby, and said Saturday that she was unsure whether her son could have committed the crime.

His mother didn't live with him. His wife DID. Surely, Rowan's mother knew of his problem(s), yet she left her child in his care? I DO feel sorry for the mother, but she made questionable decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000