MO - Sherrill Levitt, 47, Suzie Streeter, 19, & Stacy McCall, 18, Springfield, 7 June 1992 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure I agree with all of that, but some. Is it possible the obscene phone caller was the perp, or someone close to him? For the two obscene calls reported by Janelle that Sunday afternoon, is it possible the perp was watching the house and called because he knew someone was there at that moment?

Remember, the calls were made to a new number, as Sherrill had just moved into the home. It wasn't listed in the phone directory.

JMO, it's possible it was the abductor checking in to harass anyone who came by looking for the women.

You're alternate theory may also be possible, but I'm not sure yet.
Reported lots of crank calls going on in spfd . I see no advantage to calling , when there is otherwise no evidence against you . Jk didn’t recognize the voice and said it sounded like a teen .

I’ll only say this once: it’s silly to to think the cops are lying this often when it comes to specific details in this case and we’re supposed to blindly believe former suspects and POIs over them. I’m not saying Clay is guilty either. It just adds to frustration because SOMEONE is lying. And now we don’t know who.

If the cops are lying, then scrap the entire case and what you know about it.
I personally believe that the Cops lying about their investigation into the 3MW case, for any nefarious reason, is the least likely scenario.
People historically have a very bad tendency to try to blame Cops, being involved, or covering something up, when a case goes cold for a long period of time. It's been statistically proven.

If anything they just bungled the investigation, or......or........Didn't have much to go on to began with, which undoubtedly would have been a very very daunting task.

I personally believe though, if it's any hope, that a lot of police probably feel that they know the "Who" of it all, at least to some degree, they just don't have the proof to take it to trial, and they only have one chance. They may not even have enough circumstantial evidence to risk a trial.....even if they were sure they knew what had happened.

There are so many caves, sink holes and lakes not to mention the forests, it truly is frustrating. I hope someone happens upon them accidentally one day, cause the ones who did it are only thinking of themselves at this point.
I’ve worked And hiked all over the area , but you’re talking 1.5 million acres ..

Reported lots of crank calls going on in spfd . I see no advantage to calling , when there is otherwise no evidence against you . Jk didn’t recognize the voice and said it sounded like a teen .
If someone connected to the crime called, it was most certainly to see if the crime had been discovered yet, so they could prepare themselves.

I’ve worked And hiked all over the area , but you’re talking 1.5 million acres ..
Ok, so on the topic of hiking/wilderness areas. I once looked for the best route out of Springfield from where the Van was suppose to have turned around at (Approx. Grand and Oak Grove).
If the van came back to Grand, and turned north and went aprox 1-mile to Cherry and then turned east. They would have traveled approx 4-5 miles to a "T" in the road, at which if they would have gone right, and followed that road around south for approx 1-mile of so, they would have came to an area called Gardners Trust. Its a conservation area, that is heavily wooded, that is along Pierson Creek, where one of the early tips stated that they would be found. Strange sidebar, as the road comes to the Gardners Trust area, it makes a sharp bend back to the west. There is an old farm there, and at the back of the property to the west close to the creek, there is an old private and fairly large cemetery (Aprox 20 Graves ish). So my point is, you are allowed to go back into the conservation area, much more in the past for sure, and there are trails back there. I've often wondered if this would have been a choice spot for someone to go somewhere to hide and bury bodies quickly.....expecially if they already had the hole dug to make it quick. It may have still been very dark when they girls ended up where they were taken. Anyway, just a thought that somewhat jives with the early Peirson Creek Tip.

Ok, so on the topic of hiking/wilderness areas. I once looked for the best route out of Springfield from where the Van was suppose to have turned around at (Approx. Grand and Oak Grove).
If the van came back to Grand, and turned north and went aprox 1-mile to Cherry and then turned east. They would have traveled approx 4-5 miles to a "T" in the road, at which if they would have gone right, and followed that road around south for approx 1-mile of so, they would have came to an area called Gardners Trust. Its a conservation area, that is heavily wooded, that is along Pierson Creek, where one of the early tips stated that they would be found. Strange sidebar, as the road comes to the Gardners Trust area, it makes a sharp bend back to the west. There is an old farm there, and at the back of the property to the west close to the creek, there is an old private and fairly large cemetery (Aprox 20 Graves ish). So my point is, you are allowed to go back into the conservation area, much more in the past for sure, and there are trails back there. I've often wondered if this would have been a choice spot for someone to go somewhere to hide and bury bodies quickly.....expecially if they already had the hole dug to make it quick. It may have still been very dark when they girls ended up where they were taken. Anyway, just a thought that somewhat jives with the early Peirson Creek Tip.
And I'm going to also add, I don't know if there are any old wells on that property? I know some have discussed "Wells" as possible burial sites.

This seems to be an ongoing chewed over chestnut in this case. It seems that people go 50/50 back and fourth on the subject. Some find it strange, and others dont. From my own personal experiences I can remember being Suzie's age, and having friends that would and did do things like this, and it really didn't bother me because I felt comfortable doing the same to them. Heck, I have friends I haven't seen in 25-years where I would still feel comfortable walking into their home.

On another note, I think Kirby entered the house on Delmar; after not seeing any overturned tables or other signs of foul play, she didnt feel or sense a reason to run outside and start sounding the town's bell. She basically did what any normal teenager would do in the same situation, and said: "F-EM.... I'm going swimming.

Therefore theres nothing really strange about it. Maybe that's just the way things were back then. Watch some of the old PI shows like Magnum or Rockford, and you will see people did stuff like this all the time (checking on a friend), whatnot.. McCall came to the house in the evening to retrieve Stacy's car in an attempt to teach her a lesson. Did she just take the car and go? No.. she searched the house, she deleted messages on the answer machine, she rifled through the purses, and even ransacked Suzie's bedroom, but no, no one sees that as strange, and I dont ether; because some people are just like that.

So when you couple all this stuff together, theres nothing really strange about it, when you consider the circumstances that are involved.

Now after all this, we have this other little chestnut where some seem to think that this was somesort of staged crime scene that was organized and orchestrated by some very brilliant teenage masterminds. One little genius cleaning up some glass on the porch while the other stacking some purses on the stairs leading to Suzie's bedroom inside the house.. Really???

In all probably, it really appears that this was a home invasion, and an abduction that was committed by some perpetrators that were most likely total strangers to these three women. We dont really know the how or what, but it does appear that the perps probably lined up the three purses on the stairs in an attempt to comfort the women into thinking that they were just going to be robbed. Because the perpetrators didn't take the purses, and because a great deal of money was left behind; I think commonsense would rule robbery out as a motive. Some things we do know is the fact that the perps were probably driving a van. We know this because someone (I think paper boy) saw the van sitting on the street corner staking out the Delmar house. There was also a witness who lived a couple of blocks away from the Delmar house who was sitting on her front porch, when she saw a van and observed something suspicious about it. The description of the van was very unclear, and at this point I dont really think it matters. After all these years, I think all emphasis should be placed on finding the three missing women.
I’ve got to say, I’m only a bit older than the girls and their friends were when this occurred. I do not believe it is at all normal to answer someone else’s phone, or to play or erase messages! I never in my life would have done that, and if a friend of mine did it at my house, they would never be invited back. I guess it must be very different from where I grew up! And I maintain, that even if you walked into your best friends or anyone’s house, it is only normal that you would leave when you have ascertained that no one was home. Just normal manners!!

I’ve got to say, I’m only a bit older than the girls and their friends were when this occurred. I do not believe it is at all normal to answer someone else’s phone, or to play or erase messages! I never in my life would have done that, and if a friend of mine did it at my house, they would never be invited back. I guess it must be very different from where I grew up! And I maintain, that even if you walked into your best friends or anyone’s house, it is only normal that you would leave when you have ascertained that no one was home. Just normal manners!!

I was living in a small town back then, and my friends were always in my home, even when I wasn't there. I often left the front door unlocked - even the lady delivering the mail would simply walk in and leave my mail on the kitchen table. I always left her some fruit and an ice-cold Coke for her... I mean, in a big city I wouldn't expect this, but...

I know the discussion regarding the lewd phone calls has come up a bunch, and the police have dismissed them. In this respect I would agree - back then, before the Internet became commonplace people made crank phone calls all the time. Growing up in the 80's were all received them. I still remember one that I got when I was around 17: "Hi. It's me. It's the guy across the street and I'm touching myself again". I remember getting one when I was around 16 when this guy said, "what kinds of big things do you like"? LMAO! My friends - female and male- all received them regularly too. If your name was in the phonebook, you generally received a lot of them! And, I made my share of prank phone calls too - until someone recognized my voice - oopsie! BUSTED! Anyway, we clearly had way too much time on our hands then, ya know? "Hey, I have an idea - let's break out the phone books and look through them for a few hours and try and find people to crank call".

I know the discussion regarding the lewd phone calls has come up a bunch, and the police have dismissed them. In this respect I would agree - back then, before the Internet became commonplace people made crank phone calls all the time. Growing up in the 80's were all received them. I still remember one that I got when I was around 17: "Hi. It's me. It's the guy across the street and I'm touching myself again". I remember getting one when I was around 16 when this guy said, "what kinds of big things do you like"? LMAO! My friends - female and male- all received them regularly too. If your name was in the phonebook, you generally received a lot of them! And, I made my share of prank phone calls too - until someone recognized my voice - oopsie! BUSTED! Anyway, we clearly had way too much time on our hands then, ya know? "Hey, I have an idea - let's break out the phone books and look through them for a few hours and try and find people to crank call".

LOL... I remember when *69 first came out; a lot of people weren't aware of it yet. Every so often I would get a crank and *69 them back. It was funny how they would freak out.

I was living in a small town back then, and my friends were always in my home, even when I wasn't there. I often left the front door unlocked - even the lady delivering the mail would simply walk in and leave my mail on the kitchen table. I always left her some fruit and an ice-cold Coke for her... I mean, in a big city I wouldn't expect this, but...

I grew up in a big city. We did go into each others homes. In fact, when I saw this case on AMW in the early 90s, they talked about the friends going into Sherrel's/Suzie's house and I didn't even give it a second thought.

I think one of the friends did mention they thought Sherrel was going to walk in at any minute and start yelling at them.

Did this case blow up really fast once reported missing?

I am wondering if the perps panicked with having 3 women and they was killed and dumped straight away to avoid detection.

I am just wondering how the people who did this planned it and if they had a place to go to but surely if this blew up all over the media within 24 hours then it would be really risky to then try and dump 3 bodies.

Does anybody believe there is any truth in them being feed to pigs or hogs?

Did this case blow up really fast once reported missing?

I am wondering if the perps panicked with having 3 women and they was killed and dumped straight away to avoid detection.

I am just wondering how the people who did this planned it and if they had a place to go to but surely if this blew up all over the media within 24 hours then it would be really risky to then try and dump 3 bodies.

Does anybody believe there is any truth in them being feed to pigs or hogs?
I think they were probably dead before they were even reported missing, that's just my gut feeling on it. Just thinking of that actually breaks my heart in two.. because so often I think of this case as the before and after, it's difficult to comprehend what happened in between.

I wouldn't be surprised at all by those rumors. When thinking of where they were most likely taken, it seems logical that it would be a heavily forested area or private property. I just hope that they weren't disposed of in that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LightInv