MO - Sherrill Levitt, 47, Suzie Streeter, 19, & Stacy McCall, 18, Springfield, 7 June 1992 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inquiry goes on in missing-women case Police to question man, but they doubt that he is involved.
Author: The Associated Press
Article Text:

SPRINGFIELD - A man accused of vandalizing a tomb will be questioned in the disappearance of three women, but police said Wednesday that they expect to eliminate him as a suspect in the missing-persons case.

The 21-year-old man was arrested Monday in Mundelein, Ill., and was being held Wednesday in the Lake County Jail. Authorities haven't said when he'll be returned to Springfield.

Capt. Tony Glenn said detectives needed to confirm the man wasn't involved in the disappearance of Sherrill Levitt, 47; Suzie Streeter, 19; and Stacy McCall, 18.

Investigators became interested in the man shortly after the women vanished from Levitt's home early June 7. The man and two others were charged last week with felony institutional vandalism. They are accused of breaking into a mausoleum at Springfield's Maple Park Cemetery on Feb. 21 and stealing a skull and some bones.

One of the other accused vandals is a former boyfriend of Streeter, who gave a statement to officers investigating the vandalism.
"We interviewed a ton of people in that case. She was one of them," Glenn said.

Streeter's statement was INSIGNIFICANT in the vandalism case, and it "has NOTHING to do with her missing now," Glenn said.

Police have said her former boyfriend, 20, sold 26 grams of gold teeth fillings from the skull at a Springfield pawn shop for $30.

The ex-boyfriend and the third alleged vandal, 19, were questioned extensively in the disappearances, and both are cleared as suspects, Glenn said.

Investigators say the 21-year-old arrested in Illinois isn't a Springfield resident, but he is thought to have been in Springfield on June 7
Glenn said all that before Garrison was sought and leaned on. Irrelevant as the info about GR percolated after that was written.

Glenn was off the case entirely when Garrison and grave robbers were questioned by the GJ.

Dates matter.

Hmmwhoknows, why do you think there was no mention of Joseph Riedel in the People ID show?

Hmmwhoknows, why do you think there was no mention of Joseph Riedel in the People ID show?
Interesting question.

No idea.

Two MOO guesses:

1. cops tell producers not to

2. these tv shows are very lazy in their actual investigating

A file that was only confirmed as “truthful” by the very cops that you claim are lying later. So basically, like others have said, it’s a file that doesn’t really prove anything one way or another.

There is a difference between a file that has official papers in it from the time this was happening and things stated in the press.

There is a difference between a file that has official papers in it from the time this was happening and things stated in the press.
Lie detectors aren’t used in court for a reason

Cops don’t reveal their hand.

And Asher said in 2019 what Dusty’s alibi was so it looks like the papers aren’t that “official”

The
Lie detectors aren’t used in court for a reason

Cops don’t reveal their hand.

And Asher said in 2019 what Dusty’s alibi was so it looks like the papers aren’t that “official”

They are court papers, statements, and many other very official documents and police reports. As I said you do what you want with the info. Not agree, ignore, what ever because I really don’t care anymore. You are going to not agree with anything I say regardless.

Please talk about them. I have a right to respond when questioned, but much rather you all talk about the case.

I dont want to talk about them because theres no point in talking to them because it's apparent they have nothing to offer to this case. As far as I'm concerned they are bystanders and have nothing to offer. So theres no point in your arguments.

I dont want to talk about them because theres no point in talking to them because it's apparent they have nothing to offer to this case. As far as I'm concerned they are bystanders and have nothing to offer. So theres no point in your arguments.

Well they are directly connected to Garrison. And one of them has very little that is known about him, and was/is a suspect in this case.

More than a “bystander”

Remember, the GJ was convened WELL AFTER Ms. Clay’s lie detector results document. The very GJ that called the grave robbers. If the cops believe an iota of their lie detector or the criminals they may have associated with, then it’d never happen.

It would be lovely if others felt the same way and when I said I too rather you talk about the women I did not mean Mike or Dusty. I meant what you feel is pertinent to the case.

Well they are directly connected to Garrison. And one of them has very little that is known about him, and was/is a suspect in this case.

More than a “bystander”

Remember, the GJ was convened WELL AFTER Ms. Clay’s lie detector results document. The very GJ that called the grave robbers. If the cops believe an iota of their lie detector or the criminals they may have associated with, then it’d never happen.

They questioned him about Garrison because he bought pot from him that one time. He was asked a few things and done. Not a big thing like you are thinking.

They questioned him about Garrison because he bought pot from him that one time. He was asked a few things and done. Not a big thing like you are thinking.
And what about Dusty? And Joe?

And wasn’t Mike’s ex’s dad an associate of his? And Mike’s sister worked at Garrison’s hangout spot, correct?

So Dusty never saw Garrison even though he was the rumored “bodyguard” of his girlfriend?

Your husband, his friend, and former friend, are all tied to the biggest Springfield criminal “undercurrent” via Garrison. We aren’t going to stop talking about them when they are potentially linked to the death of these women.

I get that you want it to stop for your family’s sake and to move on, but that isn’t ever going to be the case. Especially when the former lead detective on the case caught you/Mike in two lies.

No, Asher lied. We did NOT and if what is in the file is wrong than nothing the police say is true because my proof is directly from the officer’s mouth. Not my Joe, Dusty, or my husband’s words.

And wasn’t Mike’s ex’s dad an associate of his? And Mike’s sister worked at Garrison’s hangout spot, correct?

So Dusty never saw Garrison even though he was the rumored “bodyguard” of his girlfriend?

Mike never was around his gf’s dad. Also no Mike’s sister never worked at Garrison’s hangout.

I’m done with the grilling for today. As I said you won’t believe me anyway so believe what you want.

Bla, bla, bla, are we here to talk about the welfare of Mike and Dusty, or are we here to find the three missing woman?
Do you think Mark Twain National Forest ? I am thinking they have to be on private property or something similar to have not been found by now by hunters or fishermen.

Do you think Mark Twain National Forest ? I am thinking they have to be on private property or something similar to have not been found by now by hunters or fishermen.

Yuck, your probably right. Its hard to tell. We have nothing to indicate where they might be.

There are so many caves, sink holes and lakes not to mention the forests, it truly is frustrating. I hope someone happens upon them accidentally one day, cause the ones who did it are only thinking of themselves at this point.

I’ll only say this once: it’s silly to to think the cops are lying this often when it comes to specific details in this case and we’re supposed to blindly believe former suspects and POIs over them. I’m not saying Clay is guilty either. It just adds to frustration because SOMEONE is lying. And now we don’t know who.

If the cops are lying, then scrap the entire case and what you know about it.

the prank calls

this is what doesn't gel for me. why would someone who has just gotten away with eliminating 3 people be taunting the house???
anyone could have answered the phone.
more importantly......NO ONE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THERE ANYMORE.
so no one should have been answering the phone.

so to me no one involved in the crime rang the house.

what would really be the chances of a side note of prank creepy calls at exactly the morning strangers are poking around a missing persons house?????

come on now.

sounds deep deep embellishment imo

and guess what. I am gunna through out my other personal opinion that hasn't been stated before.

I think that light cover was also staged. do the math from there.

mike and Janelle knew something dire was up but yet they were not the ones to contact police.

their narrative stinks rotten **** imo

moo

the whole narrative is based on the last person to see them and the first there.

I'm not sure I agree with all of that, but some. Is it possible the obscene phone caller was the perp, or someone close to him? For the two obscene calls reported by Janelle that Sunday afternoon, is it possible the perp was watching the house and called because he knew someone was there at that moment?

Remember, the calls were made to a new number, as Sherrill had just moved into the home. It wasn't listed in the phone directory.

JMO, it's possible it was the abductor checking in to harass anyone who came by looking for the women.

You're alternate theory may also be possible, but I'm not sure yet.

No offense but multiple people here have suggested, including Asher, King, Moore, and Webb (ex DA and cops who’ve reached Sergeant rank and beyond) have claimed that Suzie testifying and talking to cops was an issue.

So you go from “drugs are not on their background” to agreeing?

You claimed Garrison wasn’t connected. I gave you a direct connection as it gets, and now it’s something else? The best motive surrounding this case is the Suzie testifying being the catalyst. Every other motive is weak.

Garrison has prime info that leads to judges agreeing and signing off. Keep dismissing it if you want. No skin off my back.

Upset grave robbers with changing stories. Connected criminals who’ve literally killed people before. Sealed up items in multiple digs. Sealed up grand jury items. Paint your own picture.

In Bible/Freeman the same early suspects ended up being the ones who did it.
With all due respect. The "Bible/Freeman" case has never been solved. And, there isn't any real proof, other than "Hear-Say", which hasn't been proven, and their bodies have never been found.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member