MO - Sherrill Levitt, 47, Suzie Streeter, 19, & Stacy McCall, 18, Springfield, 7 June 1992 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Came across this one not to long ago when I went down a rabbit whole on youtube. I think that maybe it was someone who knew the mom. Like a boyfriend or someone she associated with.

Welcome to the rabbit hole. My opinion has probably changed several times. Alien abduction has crossed my mind lol. I think the parties and what Stacy and Suzie did that night might be the key to figuring out what happened to them. I wonder if friends were entirely truthful about what happened or the exact timeline. Teenagers sometimes lie about dumb things thinking they are protecting friends or themselves. Or people leave out things that they don't think are important. IDK. There were relatives visiting for graduation, college students might have been home from school, there was drinking, they could have caught the eye of people that were at a party. It could have been a friend of relative or party crashers, and maybe they followed the girls home. There are so many things that could have happened.
I don't think people would assume Sherrill would have been home alone, especially that night. Graduation usually involves kids hopping from party to party. MOO

I have recently started reading about this case. My heart breaks in half for these three women. I want so badly for there to be justice for them. I wish we knew who took them. I wish we knew where. I wish it never happened. No one deserved this. I'm sending them light and love wherever they are.

Some thoughts: I DO think the "obscene phone calls" are significant. Just a gut feeling, nothing more.

I DO think the shattered globe to the outside light is significant too. I read someone say on an old websleuths thread that criminals will remove an outside light and LE is trained to look for that. I had never heard that but it makes sense to me. I think this shattered globe was an attempt at removing the light bulb. Again, a gut feeling. No facts to back these up.

I do know their faces but I'm not familiair with all the "ins and outs" of this case. It's intriguing. Neither do I know about the heath of the former discussions (at least that's my interpretation of your entry post @Scooby Doo 4U) I'm a clean sheet, so to say.

Preview of the People Magazine Investigates episode: Where Are the Springfield 3? Inside the Case That Has Baffled Family and Police for 27 Years

And these photos also on the page, the ones of Suzie and Stacy I hadn't seen before. Hope this can attract some new information and attention towards this case.

springfield.jpg

Came across this one not to long ago when I went down a rabbit whole on youtube. I think that maybe it was someone who knew the mom. Like a boyfriend or someone she associated with.

I agree - someone who was familiar to probably all 3 women, but who featured prominently in only one of them, who trusted this person... This was definitely not some random event; the suspect(s) (I genuinely believe there were several) knew exactly what was happening at that house and who was there, etc. Now why they wanted all 3 women is clearly only speculation at this point, but the most obvious reasons would be (and not necessarily in this order), 1. Sex, 2. Owed money, etc., 3. Had information that was detrimental to the suspect(s), 4. Relationship issues/divorce, etc.

Welcome to the rabbit hole. My opinion has probably changed several times. Alien abduction has crossed my mind lol. I think the parties and what Stacy and Suzie did that night might be the key to figuring out what happened to them. I wonder if friends were entirely truthful about what happened or the exact timeline. Teenagers sometimes lie about dumb things thinking they are protecting friends or themselves. Or people leave out things that they don't think are important. IDK. There were relatives visiting for graduation, college students might have been home from school, there was drinking, they could have caught the eye of people that were at a party. It could have been a friend of relative or party crashers, and maybe they followed the girls home. There are so many things that could have happened.
I don't think people would assume Sherrill would have been home alone, especially that night. Graduation usually involves kids hopping from party to party. MOO
Has the current chief of police in Springfield made any comment about looking under the hospital parking lot?

I agree - someone who was familiar to probably all 3 women, but who featured prominently in only one of them, who trusted this person... This was definitely not some random event; the suspect(s) (I genuinely believe there were several) knew exactly what was happening at that house and who was there, etc. Now why they wanted all 3 women is clearly only speculation at this point, but the most obvious reasons would be (and not necessarily in this order), 1. Sex, 2. Owed money, etc., 3. Had information that was detrimental to the suspect(s), 4. Relationship issues/divorce, etc.
I agree that this was probably someone who knew them. I found out, recently, that the house on Delmar is only 2 miles from a cemetery. I wonder if that cemetery had video cameras or a security guard at that time? If not, then is anyone else thinking what I'm thinking?

I agree that this was probably someone who knew them. I found out, recently, that the house on Delmar is only 2 miles from a cemetery. I wonder if that cemetery had video cameras or a security guard at that time? If not, then is anyone else thinking what I'm thinking?

What are you thinking?

What better place to hide a body?

Especially considering this content, from the family blog:

Persons of Interest

Dustin Recla
Dustin "Dusty" Recla is a former boyfriend of Suzanne Streeter.
Dustin Recla was charged with felony institutional vandalism. Recla is accused of breaking into a mausoleum at Springfield’s Maple Park Cemetery on Feb. 21 1992 and stealing a skull and some bones.

Michael Clay
Michael Clay was charged with felony institutional vandalism. Clay is accused of breaking into a mausoleum at Springfield’s Maple Park Cemetery on Feb. 21 1992 and stealing a skull and some bones.

Joseph Riedel
Joseph Riedel was charged with felony institutional vandalism. Riedel is accused of breaking into a mausoleum at Springfield’s Maple Park Cemetery on Feb. 21 1992 and stealing a skull and some bones.

Police have said Dustin Recla sold 26 grams of gold teeth fillings from the skull
at a Springfield pawn shop for $30.

Suzanne Streeter gave a statement to officers investigating the vandalism on March 5, 1992.

Sorry, upfront if this is not allowed.

Woah the three seem to be in cahoots (I'm not very familiar with the case so this may be an already established fact)! Has the graveyard lead been suggested already or checked yet?

What was the men's relationship with each other and the women?

Last edited:
Woah the three seem to be in cahoots (I'm not very familiar with the case so this may be an already established fact)! Has the graveyard lead been suggested already or checked yet?

What was the men's relationship with each other and the women?
There's been a few theories based around the grave robbers, Dustin was Suzie's ex-boyfriend, and they used her car on the night they broke into the mausoleum. Suzie was due to testify against them - but I'm not entirely certain on the timeframes. The three of them were friends, and Michael Clay has posted on these forums as well as the former Topix discussions.

Has the graveyard been mentioned/investigated as a possible location for the bodies?
I understand thought that, naturally, it would be an incredibly daunting task.

Has the graveyard been mentioned/investigated as a possible location for the bodies?
I understand thought that, naturally, it would be an incredibly daunting task.

No, as far as I know, read, the graveyard is not checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member