MS MS - Bay St Louis, WhtFem 37-42, UP2841, no teeth, 'black lung', emphysema, chron bronchitis, May'98

It sounds like LE aren't doing much to locate the remains.

I really don't think it's that LE isn't trying to locate her. The judge has ruled against any further exhumations. It sounds like they think she is either below the man they did exhume or in another grave (and that the marker was switched). In other words, she is probably in that cemetery, but there's no way of knowing unless they keep digging, which they cannot do.

http://www.wlox.com/story/24343528/judge-rules-search-for-jane-doe-is-over

I really don't think it's that LE isn't trying to locate her. The judge has ruled against any further exhumations. It sounds like they think she is either below the man they did exhume or in another grave (and that the marker was switched). In other words, she is probably in that cemetery, but there's no way of knowing unless they keep digging, which they cannot do.

http://www.wlox.com/story/24343528/judge-rules-search-for-jane-doe-is-over

That's true - I apologise, I spoke bluntly without thinking. I assumed that the judge ruling against further exhumations meant that efforts to locate remains were halted! sorry :blushing:

I found an interesting article while researching women and black lung disease. I will post the first paragraph:
Emma Burchett lives in Floyd County, in Eastern Kentucky. She’s not a coal miner; she has never worked in or around a coal mine. But late last year, the 45-year-old Burchett was diagnosed with anthracosis, which is a mild form of black lung disease.
I have three sisters all with vaccination scars on their arms....I am the oldest girl and mine is on my leg. My youngest sister born in 1961, me, 1955. Also, her cesearean scar was from her be!ly button down to pubic line. That was the way most were done in the 60's and 70's. My first csection was 1979 from belly button down. All future ones plus my hysterectomy was done thru the old scar. In the 80's they did alot more bikini cuts unless you had an old csection scar. Just an idea on when she may have had her babies.
I have been watching this case and hoping for an identification but without DNA its unlikely. I think she was staying at the rest area thus the pickles and fries but no meat. Old coffee or chocolate shake is the liquid. I don't remember if she was heading toward the rest area or away when she was hit. The pills she had are over the counter pills for cold and cough. She was probably taking them for her lung disease. I often wonder if her dentures flewout upon impact. Such a sad case.

Two reasons people end up with dentures at a young age... Porphyria, a heme disease, and Pituitary tumors.

I really hope they find UID's body this time. Whoever has been keeping their records at that potters field needs a lecture.

I'm thinking UID's probably Terrie Holland, looking at them side by side made something click in my head.

At least if they find the right body and if they can get DNA, we'll be able to get more than those 3 official rule-outs.

I hope they find out who she is. She had such a tough life, her family should know for sure she's no longer suffering.

Since she was near a rest area along an interstate highway, she could've come from anywhere. The Appalachian region seems likely due to the black lung disease. It's not the only possibility, though. As I mentioned previously, there are carbon black manufacturers in south Louisiana in places like Addis, Centreville, and Ville Platte. South Texas has carbon black manufacturing plants, as well. Considering the proximity, I have to look at the possibility that the Doe had lived in one of those locations.

Just a thought, but there are several types of carbon black, one of which is lamp black or lamp soot. Given that this woman was in such very poor shape and seemingly had been for a lengthy period, is it possible she had been living so far off the grid, eg in the swamps or forests, that she had been using paraffin lamps for lighting?

So someone earlier in the thread mentioned PM photos of this doe. I can't find them anywhere though! Anyone have a link or know which site they're on?

I have also tried to locate a pm photo of her. I did however, find a composite of the pm photo.

Attachments

• post mort composite HANCOCK COUNTY JANE DOE.jpg
    post mort composite HANCOCK COUNTY JANE DOE.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 40
I know the tattoos would probably rule her out (maybe the hazel eyes as well?), but my lord, Babette Nadine Alberti/Babette Alberti Phillips looks a lot like some available reconstructions of Jane Doe, it freaked me out. After looking at the post-mortem, I can see a resemblance there, too (and I wouldn't doubt given the damage/bruising to a decent amount of her face that some of her facial features could have been distorted); of course, there's a 15 year gap between disappearance and Jane Doe being found, but I don't think that's impossible. THIS (in her Charley Project profile's details) also caught my attention:

"Alberti may have traveled to the to the Bay St. Louis area of Mississippi after her disappearance. She may be involved in drugs and prostitution. Few details are available in her case."

Babette would have been around 38 at the time of Jane Doe's death, I believe.

MP Profiles:
Babette Nadine Alberti – The Charley Project
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

UP Profiles:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
178UFMS

I suppose the other discrepancies, like the health issues and C-section scar, could have been acquired after she disappeared. 15 years is a long time. But hard to see how all the tats would have been removed without leaving a trace.

Last edited:
I suppose the other discrepancies, like the health issues and C-section scar, could have been acquired after she disappeared. 15 years is a long time. But hard to see how all the tats would have been removed without leaving a trace.

Yeah, that's the main reason why I have a lot of doubt; I just thought I should post because I saw the Bay St. Louis connection and the quite similar look compared to the recon.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberlynn566
Back