MISTRIAL MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, Dec 2014 #5 - *2nd Mistrial*

Tellis indicted on murder charge in 2015 Monroe case (with clip)

May 17, 2019

"Quinton V. Tellis was indicted on one count of second-degree murder Friday in Ouachita Parish in connection with the 2015 death of Ming-Chen Hsiao.

Tellis next will appear in court for an arraignment hearing. Randall Donald was assigned by the court to serve as Tellis' attorney on May 13....

A new detail provided in the warrant states that Tellis' phone records indicate he dialed a four-digit number between two calls made to Chase Bank's 1-800 number.

"Investigators are seeking complete banking records related (to) Hsiao's Chase Bank accounts and her Chase debit card PIN to further the homicide investigation in preparation for trial," the warrant states...."

Tellis indicted on murder charge in 2015 Monroe case

636035818890899193-MONBrd-08-13-2015-NewsStar-1-A001--2015-08-12-IMG-ULM-student-1-1-C1BJVB6R-L657949578-IMG-ULM-student-1-1-C1BJVB6R.jpg

LA - Meing-Chen Hsiao, 34, murdered in her Monroe home, 9 Aug 2015

Jessica Chambers' burning death: A year after 2nd mistrial, where is Quinton Tellis?

Oct. 4, 2019

"Last October, for the second time, a jury announced they could not reach a verdict in the trial of Quinton Tellis, a man accused of setting 19-year-old Jessica Chambers on fire on the side of the road. ...

Quinton Tellis facing murder charge in Louisiana

Tellis is also facing a murder charge in Monroe, Louisiana, in the August 2015 death of Ming-Chen Hsiao, who was a recent University of Louisiana-Monroe student. She was stabbed more than 30 times.

In May 2016, Tellis pleaded guilty to unauthorized use of Hsiao's credit card and was sentenced to 10 years in prison.

Tellis is currently in the custodyof the Ouachita Correctional Center in Monroe.

What's next for Quinton Tellis?

Tellis' fate in Mississippi has not yet been publicly announced. Champion could not be reached for comment.

In Louisiana, Tellis has a status hearing in Louisiana scheduled for Oct. 23, the News Star reported. He has pleaded not guilty to the murder charge."

Jessica Chambers' burning death: A year after 2nd mistrial, where is Quinton Tellis?
----

LA - Meing-Chen Hsiao, 34, murdered in her Monroe home, 9 Aug 2015

I very much agree and have been wondering what her speech capabilities would have been, because in my mind, Tellis could end up sounding like Eric if, as you say, she could not touch her tongue to her teeth.

I asked that question last week. I've not seen anything about that. All they say is that they cleared all the Eric's that they knew of.

I am heartsick over this case. They didn't make the most of that pathologist. She should have done a speech exercise to show what Tellis would sound like if she couldn't use her tongue and lips and they should have emphasized that first responder who asked her What Eric's last name was and she responded "no" ..... that she was telling them that she was not saying "Eric" at all. She was telling them they had it wrong. I don't know who was more clueless, the first jury or the Prosecutors. Those are my emotional feelings. Intelligence tells me that the prosecutors can't be second guessed like that, being in the midst of trial is tough; but it seems to me the use of the pathologist could have been more well-thought out ahead of time. The recreation was a great move as well as even thinking of using the pathologist at all. I just wish they had done the exercise. (Silent T- EH-Silent L-IH-Silent S).

Okay. I am done with this.

Peace and prayers to Jessica and her family.

Damnation to this evil monster.

OMG...I'm watching the newest episode of “Unspeakable Crime: The Killing of Jessica Chambers” right now and one of the jurors thought that if the jurors couldn't agree on a verdict, it would be a automatic "not guilty"!!!!
confused-smiley-face.gif
I don't understand why some jurors can't understand the jury instructions?????

The episode will replay again @10:00 pm tonight; tomorrow @ 1:00 pm ; Monday @ 12 noon and 11 pm on TV Oxygen station- gotta watch it.

CHAOS IN THE COURTROOM

AIRED: Oct 13 7/6c

"The jurors hear closing arguments and as deliberations begin, the judge’s instructions appear to confuse the jury and create total chaos in the courtroom."

Chaos in the Courtroom
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've just seen this series, Benniea Felder actually comes across as quite annoyed that the other juror spoke up to say he didn't agree with the verdict - her words were along the lines of "one particular juror wanted his thoughts on the verdict known". At the time I thought they had just misunderstood the terminology, but after seeing that it seems as though the jurors in favour of NG just pushed it though

I've just seen this series, Benniea Felder actually comes across as quite annoyed that the other juror spoke up to say he didn't agree with the verdict - her words were along the lines of "one particular juror wanted his thoughts on the verdict known". At the time I thought they had just misunderstood the terminology, but after seeing that it seems as though the jurors in favour of NG just pushed it though

I saw that also. Didn’t she also say she thought if the jury could not agree then the verdict was automatically not guilty? Unreal how the jury did not understand the basic principles of the instructions.

I saw that also. Didn’t she also say she thought if the jury could not agree then the verdict was automatically not guilty? Unreal how the jury did not understand the basic principles of the instructions.

She does say that yes, just after they show court footage of the judge saying to the foreman "do you have a verdict in which all 12 jurors agree on" and the foreman saying yes..... You couldn't make it up!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bikerman Chief
Back