MT MT - Renee Arcand, 36, camping at Fish Intake near Glendive, one dog found 15 mi away, one dog missing, 27 Jun 2023

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
1688469351216.png

GLENDIVE, M.T. (KUMV) - The Dawson County Sheriff’s Office is looking for a missing woman.

Renee Arcand was last seen on Tuesday, June 27 camping at Fish Intake near Glendive. One of her dogs is also missing, while another was found 15 miles outside of Glendive Saturday.

Arcand is 36 years old, about 5′6″, weighs about 150 pounds, and has brown hair and hazel eyes. She has a heart and vine tattoo on her leg and a “This too shall pass” quote on her wrist.

Drone and water searches are ongoing. If you have any information on her whereabouts, contact the Dawson County Sheriff’s Office at 406-377-5291.

Dawson County Sheriff Facebook:

The sheriff's office post gives no information -- even less than the article -- but some of the comments on the sheriff's Facebook page give more information about where she was camping and where the dog was found.

View attachment 432754

GLENDIVE, M.T. (KUMV) - The Dawson County Sheriff’s Office is looking for a missing woman.

Renee Arcand was last seen on Tuesday, June 27 camping at Fish Intake near Glendive. One of her dogs is also missing, while another was found 15 miles outside of Glendive Saturday.

Arcand is 36 years old, about 5′6″, weighs about 150 pounds, and has brown hair and hazel eyes. She has a heart and vine tattoo on her leg and a “This too shall pass” quote on her wrist.

Drone and water searches are ongoing. If you have any information on her whereabouts, contact the Dawson County Sheriff’s Office at 406-377-5291.

Dawson County Sheriff Facebook:

The sheriff's office post gives no information -- even less than the article -- but some of the comments on the sheriff's Facebook page give more information about where she was camping and where the dog was found.

Lots of family and locals actively providing any updates, and looking for her...

The undercurrents of the river is the most discussed.
She, apparently, also had a companion while camping.

Better pictures on the Montana Missing Persons site.

Montana Missing Persons | Renee Arcand was last seen at her Fish Intake campsite (Glendive, MT) the night of Monday, June 26th

Latest post from the Sheriff
1688512379443.jpeg

She was camping by a popular small campground and fishing access. The river is HIGH. Much higher than even locals are used to seeing with wicked undercurrents.

The sheriff in the ND county bordering MT shared the post a couple days ago and several people mentioned they’d met her and how kind she was but I haven’t seen anyone from Glendive saying they interacted with her.

It also came out yesterday that she was with a companion. The companion is the one who lost the dogs a day after they reported her missing. It’s been said that this companion is cooperating with LE.

I have no proof other than my gut feeling, but I think she underestimated the River.

Intake is 10mi north of Glendive, 1 dog was found 15mi east of Glendive. The dog would have had to cross the river and travel quite a ways to be found where it was. Then it came out that the companion had both dogs the day after she was reported missing and they jumped out of the car and took off near where the 1 was found. Not much more has been released about the companion but we’re all wondering the same!

Yellow is the campsite at Intake, red is where the dog was found

1688522106089.png

My favorite place is Makoshika State Park in Glendive. I wonder if they’ve searched there, with planes or drones.
Thing is, if she was last seen at the intake, and her vehicle was still there, not sure how she’d have gotten to Makoshika.
Could she perhaps have met someone while camping at the intake who told her about Makoshika and gave her a ride there? It’s definitely a place to visit if you’re in Glendive.

Last edited:
Intake is 10mi north of Glendive, 1 dog was found 15mi east of Glendive. The dog would have had to cross the river and travel quite a ways to be found where it was. Then it came out that the companion had both dogs the day after she was reported missing and they jumped out of the car and took off near where the 1 was found. Not much more has been released about the companion but we’re all wondering the same!

Yellow is the campsite at Intake, red is where the dog was found

View attachment 432896
Well that puts a different spin on it for me, very interesting. Male or female companion?

No new info has come out including anything more about the companion.

I talked to a couple Glendive police officers before the parade yesterday. We usually have 1-2 GPD lead the parade and 1-2 county deputies end it. I simply raised an eyebrow at why there was 4 officers and they told me the sheriffs office has been busy the last week so they were prepared to cover if a deputy didn’t arrive. I was preoccupied and not paying close attention but I did see at least 1 deputy vehicle.

JUL 6, 2023
The Dawson County Sheriff’s Office and surrounding agencies are continuing their search for a woman who went missing from Intake last week. The search area has expanded, with Sheriff Ross Canen saying the Richland County Sheriff’s Office has supplied a helicopter and daily flights are being made between Intake and the confluence with the Missouri River.

[...]

Search and rescue efforts have included land, water and air observations by the DCSO and downstream authorities. Experts in missing persons cases have been brought in to assist as well. Current river conditions however are creating obstacles, as the water is still too high and flowing too fast for dive teams and sonar to be effective.

[...]

As well as continuing the search, Canen said investigators are also trying to piece together a timeline of her last known locations and activities.

[...]

This tells me they know she’s in the river It is SO much higher than usual. It’s seriously only this high for like a week in the spring after the ice breaks. And if her body has made it to the confluence, I’m not sure she’ll be found. 4024D209-08BF-49BA-985C-AE24C668EAAA.jpeg

Eta: confluence is where the Yellowstone and Missouri River meet

JUL 12, 2023
The Dawson County Sheriff’s Office said it’s continuing to look for Renee Arcand, who went missing more than two weeks ago.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
banana0990
Back