NC NC - Beverly Jaye Potter Mintz, 23, Raped/throat slit in front of her 2yo, Leland, 23 Feb 1987

Are you saying the killer may have done this before, but disposed of the bodies?
Well, he must have done something like this before, otherwise, how he could have committed a crime that is very complex to resolve. He might have had similar experience before. Yes possibly get rid of the evidence since he might have been very well careful leaving the trace behind him

Well, he must have done something like this before, otherwise, how he could have committed a crime that is very complex to resolve. He might have had similar experience before. Yes possibly get rid of the evidence since he might have been very well careful leaving the trace behind him

This seems likely to me. Maybe a burglar, peeper as we have mentioned, or rapist/killer.

Are you saying the killer may have done this before, but disposed of the bodies?

This seems likely to me. Maybe a burglar, peeper as we have mentioned, or rapist/killer.

I don't think this man is a random serial killer, I think he is probably turn down by beverley, he stalked her and killed her.
He might have done to another woman in the past with a similar experience.

I checked on someone in the family 's Facebook one of these days, sometimes I wonder if the perp was someone pretty close to her...

Just my imagination, of course!

Or from there in her neighborhood. I recall a local case like that where the man knew every woman in the area and killed one of them.

Did her ex-husband have a brother she had dated and/or turned down?

But, then, the little boy would have recognise him?

rbbm David Lohr 2017
''Braswell said Potter questioned the child about her daughter's killer.
"One thing he remembered was a knock at the door," she said. "He told her Jaye looked out the peep hole and she didn't see anybody. She opened the door and the man immediately came in. He said it was a white male -- someone he didn't know."
''No one who knew her, it seemed, had means or motive.''

''While the two men disagree on the killer's modus operandi, they do both believe the killer is an experienced criminal, who left the Mintz's son alive because he was confident the child would not be able to identify him.''

rbbm David Lohr 2017
''Braswell said Potter questioned the child about her daughter's killer.
"One thing he remembered was a knock at the door," she said. "He told her Jaye looked out the peep hole and she didn't see anybody. She opened the door and the man immediately came in. He said it was a white male -- someone he didn't know."

''While the two men disagree on the killer's modus operandi, they do both believe the killer is an experienced criminal, who left the Mintz's son alive because he was confident the child would not be able to identify him.''
I am curious how the boy was questioned, and how he was seemingly able to give so much information, as he was so young and had a limited vocabulary ("mean man hurt Mommy, Mommy cry"). I wonder if his responses were "coached", which might affect their accuracy. Just a thought.

I am curious how the boy was questioned, and how he was seemingly able to give so much information, as he was so young and had a limited vocabulary ("mean man hurt Mommy, Mommy cry"). I wonder if his responses were "coached", which might affect their accuracy. Just a thought.
Thought the same thing, making me wonder if the perp knew that the older brother, (who perhaps could recognize him) would be at the grandmother's house that day? imo

I was just searching around on starnewsonline and read that LE has run a lot of dna already. They looked in 2000 and 06. If those poi’s have been eliminated already then at least that’s had to narrow this some. Not big numbers but certainly important ones since they must have had reason to suspect them.

RSBM
No reflection on Beverly, but I'm not so sure I agree.
I dare say the killer also likely threatened to harm the boy if Beverly didn't "cooperate", as no one heard anything and she wasn't gagged.

Yes, I always thought that. Especially, when he said'his mum looked through the peephole, she did not see anyone, then she opened the door'! How could he tell that his mum didn't see anyone at the door?

Having skimmed the thread and read a few articles, here's a scary thought:

The murder looked both methodical/planned AND chaotic because it was the first. This would mean the hypothetical subsequent crimes somehow didn't get his DNA or the victims were Does whose bodies were never found.

Or perhaps, it was the first murder but not the first rape. He didn't necessarily go in planning to kill her but then decided he had to. I think my first suggestion is more likely, though it could be a sort of combo of the two.

I think eye witness was most important, seeing this man nearby house and the exact match car as well at 3 am, was credible evidence. His neighbours have reported that he burnt something unusual in the barrel in the garden, they thought that was strange(Dr. Morris has video on his YouTube cannel, interviewing people) . That particular jacket was taken to dry cleaner which was described by the eye withness. So, a lot of coincidences and plus DNA
Hello I’m not following these comments, maybe some were deleted? Are you speaking of a suspect in Beverly’s murder?

Last edited:
Hello just trying to catch up but it seems there are missing comments? Is there a suspect who burned items in yard? Is there another SM site that has more info?

Alan Wilmer was recently named as the murderer of 3 people in Virginia, he was a waterman and a hunter. Has anyone looked into him?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trendtonone
Back