NC NC - Beverly Jaye Potter Mintz, 23, Raped/throat slit in front of her 2yo, Leland, 23 Feb 1987

“They take DNA, they feed it into a computer and if you have a suspect’s DNA, it will a facial approximation of what that suspect looks like,” Doncourt said.

She also said they are looking into doing more DNA tests with a new device called an M-vac system.

In July, the Brunswick County Sheriff’s Office purchased an m-vac system. They immediately used the device on evidence from Mintz’s case.

“It’s a giant vacuum cleaner,” Doncourt said. “They wet down the piece and it just sucks everything up, so it pulls out far more DNA than the old method of just swabbing.”

The Sheriff’s Office is now just waiting on the result to come back from the state crime lab.

Whether it is new technology, or old evidence, Doncourt said they will find the answer.

“Phil taught me a lot and one of the things he taught me is just don’t give up. You’re going to get pushed away, you’re going to be told no. You’re going to hit a brick wall. That’s okay. There’s another string to pull. There is always something. As long as we’re sitting here, as long as we can read these case files, as long as technology keeps advancing, we are just going to keep following that road map,” Doncourt said.''

No, I meant the solved case from michigan, roxanne wood stabbed to death in her own home in 1987,her killer found through genetic geneology.
I did not know the owensby case, but I searched through apparently she was a military wife. There is no progress in her death either.
Did you hear about a case, Eileen zirlenga, mahony county? This is another unsolved case, she was taken from her home (her baby left behind) and found death on the road in 1988. I think this is a cold case now

“They take DNA, they feed it into a computer and if you have a suspect’s DNA, it will a facial approximation of what that suspect looks like,” Doncourt said.

She also said they are looking into doing more DNA tests with a new device called an M-vac system.

In July, the Brunswick County Sheriff’s Office purchased an m-vac system. They immediately used the device on evidence from Mintz’s case.

“It’s a giant vacuum cleaner,” Doncourt said. “They wet down the piece and it just sucks everything up, so it pulls out far more DNA than the old method of just swabbing.”

The Sheriff’s Office is now just waiting on the result to come back from the state crime lab.

Whether it is new technology, or old evidence, Doncourt said they will find the answer.

“Phil taught me a lot and one of the things he taught me is just don’t give up. You’re going to get pushed away, you’re going to be told no. You’re going to hit a brick wall. That’s okay. There’s another string to pull. There is always something. As long as we’re sitting here, as long as we can read these case files, as long as technology keeps advancing, we are just going to keep following that road map,” Doncourt said.''
That was in 2018, where are we now, in 2024.so obviously the case is on stall.

Did you hear about a case, Eileen zirlenga, mahony county? This is another unsolved case, she was taken from her home (her baby left behind) and found death on the road in 1988. I think this is a cold case now
Just started a thread for Eileen, she reminds me somewhat of Jaye..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pakaberry
Back