NC NC - Blake Deven & London Deven, missing dates and ages are uncertain, FBI involved, Fayetteville

For easier reading (snipped from presser):
At this time, investigators have not confirmed who the remains belong to, testing could take weeks or months and do not always result in a positive identification.
The remains were not located at the Deven home on Berriedale Drive searched by the Fayetteville Police Department and the FBI on April 8, 2024.
No additional information about the discovery will be released at this time.

um, I was not aware that on January 14 skeletal remains were found in Fayetteville. Is anyone aware of this and if so were those remains ever identified? that set of remains may be completely unrelated to this case but since we have two missing persons in one family who haven't been seen in years I feel like I have to ask.

Anybody local who might know what I am referring to? I don't want to post links because it may be completely unrelated, and I don't want to create confusion in the thread since we now have been told some remains have been found during the search for Blake.

I went and looked through the publicly available incident reports for the entire month of January at the Ramsey street Walmart. Several shoplifting/retail theft incidents, none with any name I recognize as related to this case. I went one further and looked for any with Woodforest bank at that location and found zip nada.

I want to see this report Fayetteville Observer claims LE released and they have read.
Does the police department have a call log? A call log would show the nature of the call, and if an officer was dispatched.
Moo...

I just want to take a moment here. One of my personal passions over the last several years, was after I my volatile divorce, I spent all of covid and 2023 trying to get CPS to pay attention to the fact that my step kids had not been to school or seen a Dr or dentist since 2019.
A lot of children in and out of state custody are just...gone. To this day, not one person in authority would be able to locate my now adult former step kids. They are living in trap houses and doing dope. They were passed around from person to person their entire lives, and yes, horrific abuse occurred because of it.

A lot of kids dropped off grid during covid, and unfortunately, not many of them have been reported.....yet.
While we need to be aware, Please take the time to look around, pay attention, Ask where little Johnny down the street went.

You never know, you might be the ONE person that makes the difference.

um, I was not aware that on January 14 skeletal remains were found in Fayetteville. Is anyone aware of this and if so were those remains ever identified? that set of remains may be completely unrelated to this case but since we have two missing persons in one family who haven't been seen in years I feel like I have to ask.

Anybody local who might know what I am referring to? I don't want to post links because it may be completely unrelated, and I don't want to create confusion in the thread since we now have been told some remains have been found during the search for Blake.
I’m not able to find anything that confirms those remains were able to be identified. Like you said, not wanting to muddy the waters here but It’s been four months ? They should have been ID’d by now ?

Only thing I could find was something from the 14th
I wonder if those remains are one of the kids, and the Adoptive Mom knew it and that is why she reported him missing. I think they may def be connected, she came out just a few days later and filed a missing report
The skeleton in the park could def be related

I wonder if AD was involved in some incident at the Walmart and offered the "coincidental" information that her child was missing for two years in an attempt to deflect attention from the incident. In which case, that backfired epically.
4 days prior to her reporting him missing, a skeleton was found in a nearby park. it still has not been publicly identified.
She may have been trying to get ahead of it? If that skeleton is Blake, it would make sense she was trying to paint it like he ran years ago...Oh gosh this is just so bad on so many levels. There are not enough safety nets for these kids :(

Updated Timeline
Around 2001London's (~4) biological mother said she hasn't seen or heard from London since around 2001WRAL video April 9
Around 2007Most recent available photo of London (~12) (according to the FBI)CBS 17 April 6
January 2011Avantae Deved filed petition to adopt January 2011 and was granted 2 months laterWRAL April 9
2011London's (~14) biological mother says she received a photo of London in 2011WRAL video April 9
February 2011Madison County Department of Social Services received Blake Julian Trenton Deven (~4) into its custody.WRAL April 4
May 2011Blake was placed in a foster home in Buncombe County through a licensed private child placing agency (according to Madison County Department of Social Services)WRAL April 4
December 2011Miranda Miller, the sister of Blake's biological father Trevor Shuler, last saw BlakeFayetteville Observer April 12
2012Most recent available photo of Blake (~5)CBS 17 April 6
April 2013Avantae Deven filed petition to adopt Blake (~6)WRAL April 9
July 2013Blake (~6) was adopted by his foster family (according to Madison County Department of Social Services)WRAL April 4
2015Deven family moves to FayettevilleCBS 17 April 6
Christmastime about 6 years agoNeighbor James last saw Blake (~11) and a girl he believed to be 17 that he thought was London (~21) at the Berriedale Drive house WRAL April 9
A month after Christmastime 6 years agoNeighbor James says "Ava Maxwell" told him she had sent Blake (~11) back to the state. WRAL April 9
2019Last time the Deven family saw London (~22), she was not reported missing (according to police)CBS 17 April 6
Five years agoBlake's aunt says family members haven't seen Blake in five years, and "As far as we know, from the time that she got them, she homeschooled them". It's unclear if this means that Blake's adoptive mother had taken in his biological siblings.WRAL April 4
2022Last time the Deven family saw Blake (15), he was not reported missing (according to police). (Other reports say that police have not confirmed when Blake was last seen, and 2022 comes from the Missing Children Database.)CBS 17 April 6
August 1 2022Date Blake has been missing since, according to NCMEC. (Compiler's note: I doubt this date is particularly accurate. Police have not confirmed a date and family members don't seem to know. I would bet that a date is required by the database, so they are forced to guesstimate.)NCMEC
August 1 2022An incident report from Fayetteville PD (as reported by the Fayetteville Observer) indicates this is the last date Blake was seen. (This contradicts the November 30 date in the same report.)Fayetteville Observer April 12
November 30 2022An incident report from Fayetteville PD (as reported by the Fayetteville Observer) indicates this was the last date Blake was seen, at the Berriedale Drive home. (This contradicts the August 1 date in the same report.)Fayetteville Observer April 12
January 19 2024An incident report from Fayetteville PD (as reported by the Fayetteville Observer) says Avantae Deven reported Blake missing. This was done while at the Walmart on Ramsey Street.Fayetteville Observer April 12
February 2024Blake Deven's biological mother (who had no custody of Blake) says she was informed by Fayetteville police that Blake was missing in FebruaryWRAL April 4
March 27 2024Police conducted interviews in a separate investigation and family members mentioned not having seen Blake in years. WRAL March 28
March 27 2024Fayetteville police begin searching properties associated with the Deven family. As of 2024-04-06 they have searched at least 3.CBS 17 April 6
April 4 2024London's biological mother says she learned London was missing last ThursdayWRAL video April 9
April 5 2024Fayetteville PD and FBI execute search warrant at a Fayetteville home where the Deven family previously resided.Police press conference April 5

My callouts:
  • Last time I noted that Blake's biological mother, Felicia, said she heard from LE in February that Blake was missing. This makes more sense with Avantae apparently reporting him missing in January, but it is still confusing to me that the police would be aware of a missing minor and would not make that public for several a few months, and IIRC Blake was publicly reported on before London, so it's not like the realization of two missing family members is what made LE go public
  • Police said they were conducting a separate investigation on March 27th when family members mentioned Blake being missing. LE already knew he was missing, so what made the difference this time? I also wonder if we'll ever find out more about the "separate investigation"

Two older articles about the skeletal remains found Jan. 16:
Fayetteville Police investigate after skeletal remains found in wooded area (@AislingGray18 linked to this article earlier in this thread)
Fayetteville police investigating skeletal remains found in woods near Hope Mills

-- The woods where the remains were found border a motel and daycare. If you do a Google Streetview of 3156 Bordeaux Park Drive, you'll see what looks like a temporary cul-de-sac, with plans to possibly build more into the woods later. There are woods on all three sides and a lot of trash strewn around, especially to the left at the entrance to the woods. If you turn your view 180 to face the road, there's a Red Roof Inn to the left and what appears to be a daycare (with white passenger vans out front) to the right. This location is 6.3 miles from Berriedale Drive, a 13 minute drive.
I wonder if she changed her own name at some point. Since she seems to have been fond of changing her adopted children's names.

The Berriedale Drive neighbor knew her as "Ava Maxwell." It's unclear if she used that name elsewhere, as she's otherwise referred to by the last name Deven.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici
Back