NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep those checks still coming in is kinda of a red flag isn't it? And when mother was asked what they did with the checks, said they are there in the bank.
uh huh Must have been saving them for Erica's college I reckon.

yep those checks still coming in is kinda of a red flag isn't it? And when mother was asked what they did with the checks, said they are there in the bank.
uh huh Must have been saving them for Erica's college I reckon.
This is what bothers me the most. If they sent her to live with grandma then why wouldn't they send the $$ there?
Or actually do the right thing and report to the agency sending them the $$ that she no longer lived with them.

im sorry i don'thave a link, but i recently read an article about the physical characteristics of fas. (fetal alcohol syndrome) id bet that is in play here.

(respectfully snipped by me)

I am not typing this to be critical. Much more from the side of this poor sweet girl was never given a chance for a happy life. That makes me so angry and so sad.

From some personal experience working with families with addictions, I think she does have some FAS characteristics. One tell-tale sign would be if we could see a picture of her ears. Unfortunately, there only appears to be three pictures of her available and none of them show her ears.

Not sure if I'm allowed to post this, so feel free to remove if need be......

What if.......she really did take Erica to stay with "Nan" those three times....here's what I am thinking....she took Erica to stay with this person, telling her that it is her grandmother and then perhaps that last time she left her with her, money changed hands.......now we know this "Nan" is not really Erica's grandmother, because we've heard in news articles that both of her biological grandparents are dead. The whole taking her to see her those three times was so when she did disappear she had the story of how she was ok because she was with "Nan"........

All I can say is phone records please. I think LE is looking through everything. I think if Nan existed she left electronic footprints

IMO

yep, one of the news reports ( sorry I can not recall WHICH one) said a computer was taken out...hopefully other electronics to

Wonder when & if the dr Phil show is going to air? Be interesting to see if the cat let go of SP's tongue

Is there any way to highlight this case? Is it considered an "active search"? Erica deserves more people to be advocates for her. Need to get this story out to the media in a big way to ensure that every effort possible is taken to find this poor child. She is a child, not a throw-away toy.

I've been waiting for someone to find and report this...

Sandy Parsons was twice found guilty of assaulting his wife, according to a criminal records check.

After the 1994 conviction, he was ordered to serve three years probation, during which a judge ordered him not to assault, harass or molest Casey Parsons.

After again being convicted of assaulting his wife in 1997, Sandy Parsons was sentenced to a year of probation and required to do community service.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/08/14/4236074/search-begins-at-property-where.html#

[Capt. John]Sifford cautioned people against reading too much into Wednesday’s search.

“A search of this type is one of many investigative tools in our efforts to find Erica,” he said in a statement.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...h-begins-at-property-where.html#storylink=cpy

well...I don't think they are there looking for Nan's phone number, But I guess they need to be thorough there from the git go

And Gracious what did those poor children endure in that home??

No updates today? I'm impatiently waiting for news of Erica.

Here's another BDG, arrested 8-14-13 in Rowan. http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/North-Carolina/Rowan-County-NC/Billy-Dean-Goodman.66085454/details/

My husband is from Salisbury. I lived there for 9 months.

Does anyone have a link to the transcripts of those 6 interviews? My phone doesn't support adobe flash.

Wow, scarey! North Carolina does have public access to criminal records. The BDG you have linked to is 49 years old. Do we know yet if he is "related" to Erica?

Criminal records search is here: http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi/offendersearch.do?method=view

I would love to see transcripts of those interviews as well. My computer is acting up and won't let me watch videos.

Wow, scarey! North Carolina does have public access to criminal records. The BDG you have linked to is 49 years old. Do we know yet if he is "related" to Erica?

Criminal records search is here: http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi/offendersearch.do?method=view

I would love to see transcripts of those interviews as well. My computer is acting up and won't let me watch videos.

Yes scarey, quite a list and great find. Not done a detailed search on here yet but I believe the bio-mom has a maiden name of Medlin. Not sure how that plays out but can be found on a search of Bio-mom.

Hmmm, would grandma possibly be a Medlin? It's so twisted.

ETA: Bio mom was supposedly adopted. ???

I'll be posting the transcripts throughout the day as I finish them.

Part 1:

http://landing.newsinc.com/shared/v...itesection=salisbury_hom_non_sec&VID=25018532

Reporter: First of all, just tell us about Erica. What-what- we know her from a m-in the last few days anyway, as a girl on a missing/endangered poster that was right up there as well. But, tell us about her as a girl when she was here. What was she like?

Casey: She was normal, just like my other daughter. Just a happy go lucky little girl. Loved boys- when she was even in public school that was her biggest problem, was boys. Um, she would go after 'em. Um, she- she wanted another round of piercings in her ears. We already did one. We weren't gonna let her do a second. She loved clothes. She wanted her hair real long- that was- she always loved her hair long and curly. And, she waited until the day that she was able to get a computer and things. We make our kids wait until a certain age to get the electronic things and she talked about that quite often- that she was going to get that.

Reporter: And, she was adopted. How old was she when she came to you?

Casey: We got her at 4 weeks old. She was placed with us- and- but, she was not legally adopted until July of 2000. She was 2 1/2 years old.

Reporter: Okay. At 2 1/2 years old?

Casey: Yeah.

Reporter: And, from what you're trying to say and what your neighbors have said, you guys taking in kids is just what you do?

Casey: We do. We have- Erica has three half siblings that we also got at the same time. We had seven kids, three of our biological kids and four that we got in at that time when we got her. And, we had them seven kids all the way up until August of 1998 when the other three was placed with other adoptive families that they did get adopted with. And, we had raised Erica from four weeks and she was already calling me 'Momma' and we couldn't- we couldn't let her go at that point, so we- um, the social workers agreed too. We're the ones that learned her how to walk and talk. We were the only parents that she knew at that point. She called us 'Momma' and 'Daddy'.

Reporter: Now, fast forward to, I guess, roughly November 2011. What happened the last day she was here?

Casey: She didn't- her last day wasn't in November-

Reporter: Or, roughly around that time-

Casey: She-

Reporter: - when was the last time-

Casey: The third trip that she went to Nan's on- and that's the final trip where she stayed with Nan, was December 17th of 2011. And that was supposed to be a three week trip for Christmas. She had already went and visited in November and come back for- it was for Thanksgiving but it wasn't on the Thanksgiving week because she was with us that week. Um, but she went for that weekend in November and come back. She also went in another weekend in September and come back.

Reporter: Okay, so she went around Christmas time and previously in September and November.

Casey: Yes.

Reporter: Who's Nan?

Casey: Nan is- Nan is her name, just like anybody gets called grandma and Nana, hers was Nan. And, that's what Erica called her but her real name was Irene Goodman.

Reporter: And, her relationship with Erica?

Casey: It's her biological grandmother on the fathers side.

Reporter: Have you met this woman before?

Casey: I have been talking to Nan since July of 2011, and the first time I met her face to face was in September of 2011.

Reporter: She came here?

Casey: No, we met at a McDonald's in Mooresville.

Reporter: How did you meet her?

Casey: When we met her in July of 2011, it was her biological mother that had gave her all the information to contact us. And, she knew all of our information. She knew our names. She knew Erica's birthday. All about, of course, Erica's biological Daddy and names, and she knew Carolyn, the biological mother. She knew every- everything.

Reporter: At what point did you meet her biological mother, or had you known her?

Casey: We've known her- Erica was our niece even before she was adopted. So.

Reporter: So, the biological mother's name is-

Casey: Is Carolyn Parsons.

Reporter: Where does she live? I know she's out of state, but-

Casey: In- now she's out of state, but they said Louisiana. I've talked to her and she told me Louisiana. She's lived everywhere around this way so I was very, um- and she even lived in Mooresville, and I know she's lived in Kannapolis a lot, in the Concord area.

Reporter: Okay, um- so, the last time you saw her, though- Nan did not come to pick her up- or, how did she end up leaving with Nan?

Casey: No, all three times we met her at the Mooresville McDonald's. All three times.

Reporter: Was there a particular reason that you all wanted to meet at the Mooresville McDonald's?

Casey: She had a four hour drive, and that's actually the spot that she said that she knew and asked us was we willing to meet there. And that's- we've always met there. It's just- that's where we went.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz