NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
what are Jon Benet magazines??

If Erica did live with that relative for 8 months and then CP fetched her back fearing the money would stop...Erica may have been 'gone' as long as trying to be told by CP , huh

I am just totally sad this poor child didn't seem to have any one on her side that was willing to scream for help for her
smh

BP should be the only minor left in the home, about 17 I think...same one referenced in one of the MSM articles telling investigators she never went with CP to Ashville

Didn't I read somewhere S Jr. Is back living at home....????

Going to look - will add link if I find it.

Actually maybe cant add link as it might have been a comment posted somewhere by an x-gf of S Jr.

Does anybody have links to the mother, father and bio mother's FB pages? I thought I saw them posted somewhere.

Has anybody researched when CP and SP were married? Is this her first/only marriage? I find it odd that she had some children, had her tubes tied and later decided to reverse the procedure and have more children. I have seen this with people who have married and had children with one spouse and divorced, Later married again and decided they wanted more children with the new spouse.

"Reporter: And you said that you all had been looking for her as well, how have you been trying to look for her?

Casey: Oh, we've always, even my other kids, even before this- we would just look on Facebook to see if Erica had ever created Facebook pages and stuff just to see what she looked like and stuff. Um, but we never had success in finding anything."

BBM. This has got to be one of the weirdest things I have ever heard.

Does anybody have links to the mother, father and bio mother's FB pages? I thought I saw them posted somewhere.

Has anybody researched when CP and SP were married? Is this her first/only marriage? I find it odd that she had some children, had her tubes tied and later decided to reverse the procedure and have more children. I have seen this with people who have married and had children with one spouse and divorced, Later married again and decided they wanted more children with the new spouse.

I do, but I didn't think we could post them at this time. :dunno:

I'm still trying to figure out what the JBR stuff is!? Pics of her or case glued on a magazine/notebook?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From above article:

"Multiple pillows from beds
Multiple computers
Multiple cameras
Multiple cellphones
Documentation of a well construction on the property from Feb. 2013
White envelope sealed with "Erica Theeth" written on it and objects inside
Pants with red stains
Plasic bag with JonBenet Ramsey magazines
JonBenet book with notes inside about remodeling house
Baseboards, floor boards with red stains"

Theeth?!

"Reporter: And you said that you all had been looking for her as well, how have you been trying to look for her?

Casey: Oh, we've always, even my other kids, even before this- we would just look on Facebook to see if Erica had ever created Facebook pages and stuff just to see what she looked like and stuff. Um, but we never had success in finding anything."

BBM. This has got to be one of the weirdest things I have ever heard.

I agree! Oh yeah, my child is missing, I think I'll go look on Facebook. :eyeroll:

And collecting JBR materials??

OK...I need to stop now before I say more...

Part 1:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NC NC - *ENDANGERED* Erica Lynn Parsons, 15, Rowan County, 19-Nov-2011

Part 2:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NC NC - *ENDANGERED* Erica Lynn Parsons, 15, Rowan County, 19-Nov-2011

Part 3:

http://landing.newsinc.com/shared/v...itesection=salisbury_hom_non_sec&VID=25018727

Casey: To me, she wasn't missing.

Reporter: Almost two years, and you said- phone number disconnected, didn't have an address. You looked on Facebook. I guess, how intense was the effort to figure out where she was, who she's with, and how she's doing?

Casey: But, see though, I met Nan several times and talked to her. Nan is a wonderful lady. I had no reason not to trust Nan and I knew Erica wanted to stay there and did not want to come back here. So, I was not going to sit there and try to force Erica back when she was doing just fine and having fun and being with her grandmother. I just- there was no reason for me- I had no reason to doubt there was anything going on with Erica.

Reporter: How were you handling school and checking up with her, make sure she was-

Casey: She was home schooled, and we-

Reporter: - meeting the state requirements for homeschooling?

Casey: Well, the lady up there said she had her- the next door neighbor was a teacher and a tutor and that she was getting her- she was getting tutored with her because Erica has a huge learning disability. She's very- she's- if you would say equivalent to grade levels, she's probably three levels behind. And, she went to public school here until it was- it would get embarrassing for her because all the groups that she was with- they actually wouldn't even call her at a grade level. She would have to go to another room by herself with other kids that was way younger than her. And, it would get very embarrassing and she did not like that. So, we home schooled her. And, Nan knew all about the home school. She knew about all of her little tests and workbooks and everything that we worked with and she said that there was a teacher next door that would help her with this. And, that she would put her back into public school. Now, I don't know if she did that.

Reporter: Then, the missing persons report is filed by James. I'll ask a question about him in a minute. But, then a couple days- so, the poster comes out, the news release comes out, the story comes out- and then, the Sheriff's office says, "The parents did provide some information and possible leads as to the location of Erica Parsons (advising that she may be in the Asheville, NC area with relatives), but after following up on this information, Sheriff’s Investigators have determined that the information the parents provided was not true." They say, "Sheriff’s Office Investigators have followed up on information on possible locations of Erica Parsons across the State of NC, but so far, none of the information provided by Casey & Sandy Parsons have been found to be factual." And to that, you say- what?

Casey: They're lying. And he warned us that he would say stuff like that when we got our lawyer. They proved there was the other lady there, Strawberry. And, we also got told, um, Billy Goodman's mother is from Asheville and she resided in Mooresville. And, I don't know, I don't remember what they said her name was. And, the Strawberry lady has lived everywhere including also Mooresville. This is all comes from the detective. And, there is a Kelly and she does have kids. Just like the phone call with Billy at the police station when they called, he denied ever even having Erica as a kid- he never had a kid, he said. And he has three kids. We told them all everything so why they're saying that the factual thing- there was a Strawberry. That lady Strawberry, and a Kelly. I have no idea, because they know exactly who them people are. They've talked to them.

Reporter: Why would they lie? In your-

Casey: I have no idea.

Reporter: - I mean, you're saying that they are lying, so- why?

Casey: There's a Strawberry and there's a Kelly. They've talked to them. I do not know.

Reporter: So, who are you saying is lying- is it investigators or the people they're talking to?

Casey: The detectives are. The one- I've only talked to one detective. Detective Malden. I haven't talked to anybody else. There was a police officer in the room on the second day, I don't even know what his name was.

Reporter: Do you feel the information that you were given from Nan and some of those other folks was incorrect?

Casey: Honestly, I do not. I really believe there is Nan and Irene, and I know there's the Strawberry and Kelly. I- no, I don't. I really believe them.

Reporter: So, you don't think they could have given you fake names or-

Casey: No.

Reporter: led you to believe one thing over the other?

Casey: No. I don't.

Reporter: Where do you think Erica is now?

Casey: I honestly believe she's still in Asheville with Nan. I really do. They said Strawberry is in Carolina Beach. I don't know if they've moved down there or what but when Erica went in September and November, she told us of the Biltmore house, the big house. So, I know she's seen it, I've never took her to seen it. And, she rode horses in the mountains and she talked of that even about to my other kids and everything.

Reporter: And, again, just to clarify- you said this Janice Jackson might also be the same person as Strawberry?

Casey: As Strawberry.

Reporter: And that is Erica's biological father-

Casey: Yeah.

Reporter: - that you claim denies that he has kids?

Casey: Yeah. He said that over the phone.

Reporter: What's his name?

Casey: Billy Goodman, wasn't it? I know it's Goodman. Was it Billy?

Sandy: I think it was Billy Goodman.

Casey: I think they said Billy Dean Goodman, is what the detective said.

Reporter: Okay. What school did she go to here?

Casey: She went to Bastian Elementary in Rockwell, and then she also went to Mount Pleasant in Concord. Well, Mount Pleasant. It was the Cabarrus County school systems.

Reporter: How was her relationship at home? How was it here with you guys and the kids?

Casey: It was good. It was good. And, she had a very special bond to the little ones. She was their bigger sister and she was here when they was born. She loved it.

Reporter: So, why did she want to stay with Irene instead of coming back here?

Casey: She loved her grandma.

Reporter: So it wasn't-

Casey: She just did.

Reporter: - that she was unhappy here, so much that she wanted to be happy with her grandmother?

Casey: They gave her more stuff than we could, material wise. 'Cause, even here when she would come back in September and November, it would- if we didn't give her the clothes and stuff that she wanted, she would be like, "I'mma call Nan. They'll get it for me."

Reporter: You have to understand at this time, this household was in turmoil over James- he had assaulted her in August of 2011. He had been arrested and spent 20-some days in jail, uh- been released. He had- what- psychological problems?

Casey: Yes, he did.

Reporter: He had to be committed at one point?

Casey: Presbyterian Hospital, yeah.

Reporter: Okay. And he- uh, you were sick, you had had- I think, part of the warrant had said that you had actually- that he had pulled your-

Casey: G-tube, and-

Reporter: G-tube out, your bag out- your colon bag out-

Casey: Yeah. Yeah.

Reporter: And, at that time he was going- you were ill. He was going through legal situations. And it was- it wasn't- it'd be easy to believe a child could have an idyllic setting somewhere else that they'd rather be in.

Casey: Yes. And, here- when she lived here in the last few months that she did, it was him going to work, me at the hospital. Nobody really here but older- Jamie, was my older son and my oldest son had already left and got married at that point. He did not live here, and he was fixing to go into the army. And, my hospital visits weren't a two or three night stay, we're talking two and three weeks, maybe four weeks. So, she would be here with James a lot. We call him Jamie. Then, I would come home. And, during that period I was here maybe a week sometimes before I'd go right back in the hospital, and then Jamie was doing a lot. There was a lot of stress here in the last months. When she went there, like I said, she would come back a day or two and want to go right back. She'd be willing to call her- it'd be like, "I want to go ride the horses. Let me just go this weekend." And I, "No, no." She was ready to go right back. And, that's-

Reporter: And you said- James was committed to Presbyterian?

Casey: Yes, he was- he did. He had bipolar and he would- he would be suicidal one minute and then maybe even an hour later real hyper, talkative, couldn't get him to be quiet and you'd think he was okay and then the next minute you'd have to go watch him and look for where he's at 'cause he'd get suicidal again. Real mean. He had a lot of anger. Lot of anger.

Reporter: Do you, um- the warrants say assaulting a three year old. Biting an arm. It also said threatening the same child when he was then five. Assault on a female, yourself-

Casey: And my daughter.

Reporter: -one of the sisters in some sort of threatening manner. Do you believe, if Erica was home a lot with him, and there is no court record that we know of that says he assaulted her- but, do you think something was going on, maybe he allegedly assaulted her? Did she ever tell you?

Casey: She would just tell me he hollered at her a lot and stuff. She's never really said anything about him assaulting her. Um, Jamie did every one of us like that. We was all a little bit scared of Jamie. Just even after yesterday they put his mugshot up on TV. We was all worried about whether he was going to come last night and show up. That's just him. We've all feared Jamie.

Reporter: Was he asked to leave?

Casey: We had to call the cops. On June the 7th was the last day that Jamie was in this house. I think it was June the 7th.

Reporter: Why was he kicked out?

Casey: He beat me until I was unconscious that day. And, he had slammed my eight year old into that door right over there.

The following quote is taken from the transcription, found here: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NC NC - *ENDANGERED* Erica Lynn Parsons, 15, Rowan County, 19-Nov-2011 of the video found here: http://landing.newsinc.com/shared/v...itesection=salisbury_hom_non_sec&VID=25018532

Again, thanks to askfornina for transcribing!

Reporter: And, from what you're trying to say and what your neighbors have said, you guys taking in kids is just what you do?

Casey: We do. We have- Erica has three half siblings that we also got at the same time. We had seven kids, three of our biological kids and four that we got in at that time when we got her. And, we had them seven kids all the way up until August of 1998 when the other three was placed with other adoptive families that they did get adopted with. And, we had raised Erica from four weeks and she was already calling me 'Momma' and we couldn't- we couldn't let her go at that point, so we- um, the social workers agreed too. We're the ones that learned her how to walk and talk. We were the only parents that she knew at that point. She called us 'Momma' and 'Daddy'.

I am trying to sort this out. It sounds like Erica might have had three siblings from the same bio mother or father? CP and SP took in all 4 of the children, but three of them were placed with other adoptive families? They also have 3 of their own children. And now they appear to have 5 children? Does that number 5 include Erica? Are there other missing kids in this mess?

The following quote is taken from the transcription, found here: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NC NC - *ENDANGERED* Erica Lynn Parsons, 15, Rowan County, 19-Nov-2011 of the video found here: http://landing.newsinc.com/shared/v...itesection=salisbury_hom_non_sec&VID=25018532

Again, thanks to askfornina for transcribing!

I am trying to sort this out. It sounds like Erica might have had three siblings from the same bio mother or father? CP and SP took in all 4 of the children, but three of them were placed with other adoptive families? They also have 3 of their own children. And now they appear to have 5 children? Does that number 5 include Erica? Are there other missing kids in this mess?

Erica is apparently not counted when they say they have 5 children. The children (some are really adults) are
SP (male)
JP (male)
BP (female)
Erica
SP (female)
P (male) I can't think of his first name at the moment.

I am not typing this to be critical. Much more from the side of this poor sweet girl was never given a chance for a happy life. That makes me so angry and so sad.

From some personal experience working with families with addictions, I think she does have some FAS characteristics. One tell-tale sign would be if we could see a picture of her ears. Unfortunately, there only appears to be three pictures of her available and none of them show her ears.

what would one look for in ears?

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Part 4:

http://landing.newsinc.com/shared/v...itesection=salisbury_hom_non_sec&VID=25019543

Reporter: Do you think that was the reason why he went to law enforcement?

Casey: Oh, yes. I know it is, because he was being arrested, actually, when he saw that I called the cops, he ran out the door. They had to pick him up down the road. Um, and they bring him back. And, I was going to press charges on him, but I knew that he wouldn't have a chance. He would probably go to jail for a pretty good long time. He's 20 years old, and I love all my kids, and I wanted to give him a chance to be able to get a job. And, the law- the cops said I could make him stay away, get him to stay away, and if he had a place to go, maybe he could straighten his life out as long as they could make him not stay- come here so we wouldn't be in a threat. So, that was the agreed thing- if he stayed away, he could go live with his uncle and they would help him out. 'Cause, it was either the uncle or the homeless shelter 'cause nobody else on either side of the family was willing, cause they know his problems. They would not take him in. Matter of fact, he had to sit three hours at the Rowan County Library because he wasn't allowed on even his father's property at that point.

Reporter: What do you think he was hoping to accomplish by going to law enforcement?

Casey: He wanted me to go to jail, because I've put him in jail every time he's been in jail. I'm the one that did it. And, he's always- every time he would get mad over anything he always bring that up to me. "You put me in jail, you ruined my life, nobody will give me a job because you made me have a record." And, it was always my fault. Always. And he's always told me he was going to get me one day. I never think he would do this to me.

Reporter: Where is Jamie now?

Casey: With his, um- brother. His uncle, Scott Parsons, in Harrisburg.

Reporter: Have you heard from him since this all started?

Casey: Yep. He is- he come before this started, he come over here, would eat dinner with us and everything. Matter of fact, he was over here the day before, July the 29th and ate supper with us. Scott got him a new truck and everything. New clothes, and all this. It's helped him out and we thought he was really coming along. And, on July the 30th, we knew something was up, we told the people yesterday, cause he called here and he told us that, um- he talked to him, but he told us that he loved us and he wanted us to know he loved us a lot and more or less about what was fixing to go down. We didn't know what he meant by that. And he- he loved us. And then, later on that evening when this started we knew exactly at that point what he meant then, what that phone call was about.

Reporter: Why did he think that it would draw the police here and the investigation the way it has?

Casey: He told them that-

Reporter: I mean, did you guys have discussions- like we don't know where the heck she is?

Casey: Oh, no. He was here the day that she walked out and went to Nan's. He watched her. All my other kids was too- watched her on- for the three week trip for Christmas, he watched her walk right out the door to go to the McDonald's to meet Nan. He knew Nan. He talked to Erica about the horses that she rode at Nan's all the time. He knew Nan. Erica talked to him about it several times. So, that's why I don't understand the report given to us that night when they come here. James has said that we killed her and buried her in our backyard. And, that's what they was asking. Did we kill her and bury her?

Reporter: And your answer?

Casey and Sandy: No.

Reporter: Cause I know, I mean, that's getting kind of to the next thing here- some of the tougher stuff that you guys have been accused of, whether it's from James or whatever the investigators have said, so you tell me. Flat out denying any sort of-

Casey: No, there is- she's at Nan's.

Reporter: - some sort of crime, being part of any sort of disappearance or not telling the truth?

Casey: No. She's at Nan's.

Reporter: Did you invite them to look at your backyard?

Casey: Oh, yes.

Sandy: Oh, yeah.

Casey: We came and we told- actually we told the detective our door is open and our door has always stayed open actually, that was just a thing before all the reporters started coming, and we told him, our door is always open anytime you want to walk through this door and it still is right this second. Um, and he even said, "Yeah, I know. We've seen it opened."

Reporter: Did they accuse you of killing her?

Casey: Yes.

Sandy: Yes.

Casey: Yes. Several times.

Reporter: What exactly did they say?

Casey: Homicide investigations wanted to know, did we sell her? He asked us that. He told us that I had a lot of medical bills and said that they know it probably got hard so- what did we do? Sell her? Sell her to people, and, uh- we did not do nothing like that. It was just all these different accusations. That we- it was just getting to hard- we gave her away, or it was just too much stress and everything that we just do away with her. And, it was very horrible stuff that they was- that they would say to us. And, on the day that we got- we called lawyer Sherill was- the man that James is staying with right now actually called us and told us that the detectives had told him that this was a homicide investigation and they really weren't even trying to find Erica. So, that's when we knew we better go call somebody if that was the truth. And, then we confronted the detective in the lobby when we went back about what Scott had called and said to us.

Reporter: They asked you or accused you of killing her?

Casey: They- I don't know what you mean, the difference- they asked me did I kill her, and they told us- his exact words about selling was, "You sold her because the medical bills was too high."

Reporter: But, you've only spoken to one detective, and there was another officer?

Casey: The second day there was an officer- I did not remember his name, and he was in the room when I was being questioned.

Reporter: Did he have a uniform on?

Casey: Yeah, he did. It was a gray shirt and some black pants.

Reporter: It was a police uniform-

Casey: Yeah.

Reporter: -not a suit?

Casey: Yeah. It was a police uniform. Yes. It was- the detective was wearing, you know, just- a suit, dress clothes. But, this man had a gray shirt on. I'm pretty sure it said "Police". I'm pretty sure it did.

Reporter: Or "Sheriff"?

Sandy: Sheriff. I think it was Sheriff.

Casey: It might have said Sheriff. It was a gray shirt and black pants and he was sitting over to the side. He did ask me some questions too. And then, the rest of the people that we talked to was another lady and it was just a DSS worker. That's it.

Reporter: Now, regarding DSS and what- I'm just asking, this is what one other person told us, is that since she was adopted, the case is not from Rowan County, it's from the Asheville area or I guess where she came from, whatever county where the adoption was initiated.

Casey: Cabarrus County.

Reporter: Cabarrus County? Okay. Do you guys still receive any sort of financial compensation from DSS or the state, are you still receiving that money for Erica-

Casey: She gets-

Reporter: -even though she hasn't been here for two years?

Casey: Yes. Because, I actually have the letter that states that you get it if you have legal responsibility of Erica.

Sometimes I don't understand myself. For some reason, I believe what Casey is saying.

snipped...According to the paperwork, investigators were told the Casey Parsons told a family member she "can't stand to look at Erica and she said she reminds her of Carolyn (Erica's biological mother) and she hates Carolyn."

The warrant said investigators were told that Casey brought Erica to stay with another family member and showed them bruises on the girl.

The paperwork said, "This family member state Casey Parsons said she lost control and beat her."

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/warrants-detail-alleged-abuse-against-erica-parson/nZQJD/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motherrunner